PDA

View Full Version : DLR era Van Halen posters?

neatd99
09-07-2007, 10:03 PM
I specifically want a poster of the 1984 album cover (baby angel smoking cigarettes).

Does anyone know where I can buy this poster online? I've already tried eBay and had no luck.

I wasn't sure where to post this thread, so I'm posting it here in the main forum. I hope that's ok.

rustoffa
09-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by neatd99
I specifically want a poster of the 1984 album cover (baby angel smoking cigarettes).

Does anyone know where I can buy this poster online? I've already tried eBay and had no luck.

I wasn't sure where to post this thread, so I'm posting it here in the main forum. I hope that's ok.

So, two years has passed....water under the bridge? ;)

Have you tried Googling ("angel smoking cigarettes?)" I'd leave the baby part out.:)

I'm sorry that you're not sure where to post the thread.....really. See, a statement like that might get tons of ridicule from other forum members. Mean fuckers.

Live and learn!!!
:D

CVH Rulz
09-07-2007, 11:28 PM

Does anyone know where I can buy this poster online?

vanhalenstore.com sells posters, but not that one. I don't think I've ever seen that as a poster. Probably the best you can do is buy the album off ebay and frame it.

theicecreamman
09-07-2007, 11:46 PM

Guitar World issued a poster thing last year with 5 two sided posters. The 1984 cover was one of the posters. It is not that big, and I'm not sure if it is still on newsstands or available through backorder.

Nickdfresh
09-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by CVH Rulz
vanhalenstore.com sells posters, but not that one. I don't think I've ever seen that as a poster. Probably the best you can do is buy the album off ebay and frame it.

I'm pretty sure that that's one of four VH posters I once had...

CVH Rulz
09-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I'm pretty sure that that's one of four VH posters I once had... You're probably right, I just don't remember one. I guess I wouldn't care for it without a pic of the band on it.

DLRISVH7884
09-08-2007, 03:31 AM
Keep checking Ebay for it, you may want to keep checking the Vanhalen.com store and maybe do a search on yahoo etc.

Maybe, a Retro store might have it, or some rock store might have it barried in their achives in storage.

kastco
09-08-2007, 10:09 AM
I bought a couple of DLR era posters on EBay a couple years ago. I would say just keep trying. Also, once the official store opens on the VH site I would be surprised if they didn't have some DLR/VH era posters for sale. There was a great music store near me called Looney Tunes that had the greatest selection of music, LPs, posters etc... unfortunately it just burnt down otherwise I would have stopped in and picked one up for you and mailed it out. I've picked up a few things for people through the years.

J Curling
09-08-2007, 12:08 PM
I've seen it as a promo poster for the record stores. And I've seen i as a bigger banner for the same purpose. Think you'll only find it on e-bay, they show up now and then...

Roth'N'Roll!

neatd99
09-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks everybody. I want it for my dorm room at college. I've been checking ebay just about every day for the past month with no luck.

I know I've seen it before on ebay as a promo poster, though.

I think I might actually just buy an LP and use the sleeve as a poster (it's got to be at least 12x12 inches, so it should work). LPs on ebay are really inexpensive (like a few dollars plus shipping).

mikethemartian
09-09-2007, 03:07 AM
They had a really cool promotional poster from the same album that had the four of them standing with the tagline:

"1984: Van Halen is watching you."

I've seen that one turn up on ebay

mikethemartian
09-09-2007, 03:46 AM
Try:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VAN-HALEN-1984-Promo-Poster-Ad-BABY-ANGEL-CIGARETTES_W0QQitemZ250118075989QQcmdZViewItem

ThatArtGuy
09-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Van Halen Store now has the "Watching You" promo poster.

ELVIS
09-12-2007, 03:50 PM
I would say your time is up...

In fact, I will say it: YOUR TIME IS UP!

LMAO!

:elvis:

bueno bob
09-13-2007, 01:03 AM
How much do you want to spend?

http://www.rockingems.com/files/VanHalen1984Poster.jpg

$350.00

Go here: www.rockingems.com/framedmiscellaneous.html

Now let's see if he finds it here in the shithole... :D