PDA

View Full Version : AvP2

thome
09-12-2007, 10:56 AM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/thome_2006/w467.jpg

http://www.planetavp.com/

Any thoughts I am GEEKED!!!

I liked the first one, but thought they could have made a whole movie on the Predators World with out any Humans .

The Black chick can't remember her name was awesome seems like after everyone else was killed off the movie got cool just the predator and the chick.

I am really not so into every scifi movie needs humans to complete the story

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/thome_2006/potd1704large.jpg

Alien vs. Predator 2: Survival of the Fittest, directed by brothers Colin and Greg Strause, is still a film shrouded in mystery - it's still slated to come out December next year! Nonetheless, both officially and unoffically, details have leaked out.

Hardrock69
09-12-2007, 04:10 PM
I'll be damned.

Personally, I found the first AvP to be kinda boring.

What was there in the story that was new? Nothing. A buncha people investigating some underground, dark places with big monsters in them.

Gee. I was so impressed.
:rolleyes:

I hope the next one is better.

Jimmy Jingles
09-12-2007, 04:59 PM
The official title is...

Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem

Check out the official site and trailer here. (http://avp-r.com)

Opens this Christmas Day, not next year.

This one looks totally bad-ass, as compared to the first one.

thome
09-12-2007, 05:20 PM
I agree the movie was so Human..... Why?

80% of it was some stupid Humans running around however, the 20% that had to do with the AvP scenes were great .
and the last 15 min with the actress and the predator.

Here is how I would write the second movie ---Alien lands on Predators planet in ship at the end of movie 1.Back scenes of the new species cross lifeform etc...

**somehow 1 human man is transported also, (someone) with a past like Segal had in Under Siege**

*Maybe 1 woman just to stimulate the stoty line.*I love women just need a man flick DAMMIT!!!

The sole purpose of the Dude having skills and a background in survival Navy seals type stuff is now get this .......

Just to keep him alive!!!!

ALIVE!!!!!!..............ALIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!!! TERROR AROUND EVERY CORNER!!!!

he hardly ever comes into direct contact with the Aliens or the predators he is simple following the battle of the Aliens and eventually one -Super Predator- perhaps the --King--- a Conan type battle axe in hand cut........ from the stone of time!!! (weiging 25pds no prob for the king of PREDATORS!!!!and Hunter of alien skulls!!! )

meanwhile the -Human- while surviving

ONLY!!!

I would have the human part of the story be the back story while the main film is from the Predators KILLFEST view!!!!

JUST TRYING TO LIVE!!!!!! in perhaps the most hostile enviroment meant to test the most skilled
warrior.

Should I quit my day job?

thome
09-12-2007, 05:45 PM
NEW POST IGNORE ABOVE... sorry..... edit times...eeeh!

I agree the movie was so Human..... Why?

80% of it was some stupid Humans running around however, the 20% that had to do with the AvP scenes were great .
and the last 15 min with the actress and the predator.

Here is how I would write the THIRD movie ---Alien lands on Predators planet in ship at the end of movie 1.Back scenes of the new species cross lifeform etc...

**somehow 1 human man is transported also, (someone) with a past like Segal had in Under Siege**

*Maybe 1 woman just to stimulate the stoty line.*I love women just need a man flick DAMMIT!!!

The sole purpose of the Dude having skills and a background in survival Navy seals type stuff is now get this .......

Just to keep him alive!!!!

ALIVE!!!!!!..............ALIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!!! TERROR AROUND EVERY CORNER!!!!

he hardly ever comes into direct contact with the Aliens or the predators he is simple following the battle of the Aliens and eventually one -Super Predator- perhaps the --King--- a Conan type battle axe in hand cut........ from the stone of time!!! (weiging 25pds no prob for the king of PREDATORS!!!!and Hunter of alien skulls!!! )

meanwhile the -Human- while surviving

ONLY!!!

I would have the human part of the story be the back story while the main film is from the Predators KILLFEST view!!!!

JUST TRYING TO LIVE!!!!!! in perhaps the most hostile enviroment meant to test the most skilled
warrior.
Should I quit my day job?
EDIT:
This 2nd movie will probably be dumbed down to pg13 for the kiddie dollar .Probably have some Wendys... "High May I help YOU" cash register by day NINJA 50 cal operators by night super models running around kicking ass like they have 25 yrs of special forces training in thier G-Srting.

I hate hollywood!

Hardrock69
09-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Stop at Burger King TODAY and get your ALIEN action figure in a Santa suit!!!

:D

thome
09-12-2007, 07:33 PM
I feel like such a Bitch!

Still if waiting till the DVD release and paying three bucks for a rental
maybe/..... I will find some good action in the movie but probably not nine bucks worth and a wait in line.

Maybe I will pop some of that -Murder Pop Corn- and pass away without having to worry whether my three buck rental was money well spent.lol

bueno bob
09-13-2007, 12:45 AM
You know, here's the thing - I REALLY enjoyed the first AvP because it totally reinvigorated both franchises, at least for myself. Now, I don't know if it was due to my simply having VERY low expectations for it (and being presently surprised to find it rather engaging) or because the movie languished in development hell for as many years as it did, but none the less, I was entertained by it a great deal.

Only oddball thing to me was that Ripley's big goal throughout all of the Alien franchise flicks was to keep the aliens from getting to Earth - when in reality, they've apparently been here for quite some time as it were...seemed kinda...eh...

But that's a minimal bitch on my part.

VERY much looking forward to seeing this one in the theater, for sure...

Glad they changed the title to Requiem...Survival of the Fittest sounds stupid...

Shaun Ponsonby
09-13-2007, 03:23 PM
I dunno. I didn't like the fact that the Predator won the first one (I was rooting for the Xenomorphs myself)...and if I'm honest I'd rather they just made a new Alien movie.

The trailer for this one looks better than the trailer for the first...which was mainly just close ups of their heads (actually, I think I saw it at the re-release of the first Alien movie...wish they'd have done that to all of them).

So...I'll keep an open mind, but I probably wont bother to see at at the cinema...probably just wait for the DVD.

Shaun Ponsonby
09-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted By Bueno Bob
Only oddball thing to me was that Ripley's big goal throughout all of the Alien franchise flicks was to keep the aliens from getting to Earth - when in reality, they've apparently been here for quite some time as it were...seemed kinda...eh...

To be fair, you're never actually told when the Alien films are set. Surely they're set a long way into the future when any exsitance of them would be forgotten.

HA! I love the way I'm talking about it like it's real.

On a side note, I'd love one of these...

http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Large_Images/HMVVIDEO/25231HDVD.JPG

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=285;5;-1;-1&sku=363926