PDA

View Full Version : Study finds brain tumor connection to cell phone use

Hardrock69
09-13-2007, 01:13 AM
A study from the Swedish National Institute for Working Life has found that cell phone usage increases the risk for brain tumors. Users who make cell calls for 2,000 hours or more during their lives have a 240 percent increased risk for a malignant tumor on the side of the head the phone is used, the study concluded. This contradicts other studies that haven’t found a connection between long-term cell phone usage and brain tumors. According to the Reuters story, the Swedish study is more comprehensive that past studies. Given the uncertainty and the potential risk, even if it ultimately proves to be minute, go hands free…

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=2795

Nitro Express
09-13-2007, 09:55 AM
It's been known for years that electromagnetic fields close to your brain can cause damage and tumors. Hairdryers use to be the culprets but now add cell phones to the mix.

I like the convienience of cell phones but I also hate them. I hate the stupid tunes they ring. I hate the rude people on them shouting into them in public places. I hate inatentave drivers on them (especially when I'm riding a motorcycle).

I've destroyed two of mine. They are built like shit now with confusing menus and piece of shit buttons. I've personally throw one into a cinderblock wall at high velocity and another one ended up in Jackson Lake after flying from my hand with a blessing of foul language before launch.

Hardrock69
09-14-2007, 10:08 AM
I am waiting until the last possible minute to even get one.