PDA

View Full Version : I don't think I've ever been this angry.

Ellyllions
09-16-2007, 03:59 PM
I can't even type about this without wanting to swear.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296938,00.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article2461214.ece

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/09/16/greenspan.book/index.html

LoungeMachine
09-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Elly, who are you angry at?

BushCO or greenspan?

I already started a thread pointing out that most of the "benchmarks", and the reasons our soldiers are dying, is because the Iraqi "government" can't come up with oil laws that are acceptable to BushCO and his cronies in Big Oil.

THIS WHOLE WAR HAS BEEN ABOUT OIL FROM DAY ONE.

Why do you think Cheney's "energy task force" was so hush-hush???

Ellyllions
09-16-2007, 04:08 PM
BushCo....and Greenspan

Greenspan I believe. Out of all the lies and deceit you really try to choose. You try to believe. You try to project your good-heartedness onto those that need to be that way.

Then this shit.
I'm very very angry over all this.

Why has Greenspan waited so long? Does that not make him an accessory to all of this?

See, I've got a friend who has been badgering me for weeks to go to DC with them yesterday. Telling me that it's my civic duty to stand against those who oppose the war. Pressuring me.

So, I chose not to go because of the latest Patraeus hearings.
Today, I'm angry that my friend has been fooled too.

George will go down as the worst President in history.

LoungeMachine
09-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Read both my Greenspan and Benchmark threads...

You have every right to be angered.

We've been duped into financing a take over of Iraqi Oil for US Big Oil Companies, spilling our blood and making more terrorists than ever before.

And by the way, ask your friend who these 34 countries are that he claimed Thursday night are fighting with us.

We're all alone, fighting for Exxon/Mobil et al......

God help us now....

LoungeMachine
09-16-2007, 04:16 PM
** moderator's note **

Technically this is a multi-dupe on subject matter, however I think the real crux of the thread is not the book or oil, but rather Ell's sheer anger at being scammed by her own pResident, and his cronies.

So you go, girl.

Let 'em have it.

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
09-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Greenspan had no direct input or say regarding the Iraq War in his previous position...

And yes, Greenspan is one fucking smart cat. I almost had the pleasure of meeting him at a wedding --but alas, he was a no show...

LoungeMachine
09-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions

Why has Greenspan waited so long? .

:rolleyes:

Ell, hun,, with all due respect..

WTF difference would it have made????

How many Richard Clarks have there been?

How many FIRED Generals have spoken out?

Would Alan speaking out earlier made ONE iota of difference in BushCO's agenda??

no.

LoungeMachine
09-16-2007, 04:31 PM
dupe

DEMON CUNT
09-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Amen! Thank you for sharing, Elly.

Ellyllions
09-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Ell, hun,, with all due respect..

WTF difference would it have made????

How many Richard Clarks have there been?

How many FIRED Generals have spoken out?

Would Alan speaking out earlier made ONE iota of difference in BushCO's agenda??

no.

I try to be very careful with whom I believe. For the mere fact that they have a particular job to do. Generals for instance, have those stars on their shoulders that make them want to be historic. They want to be battle-hardened. They want to see combat.

Richard Clark was too close to the political playing field for me to take him seriously. Politicians have agendas.

Greenspan should've said something earlier. And the difference would've been people like me who were trying to make sense of it all. The division in this country wouldn't be as great.

Between those who have and those who have not, they've broken 2 countries. Iraq wasn't a shining beacon of anything in the middle east before, but now....look at it. And then look at US!

See the news on the clash in DC yesterday. Look how we're treating each other!

LoungeMachine
09-16-2007, 05:06 PM

See the news on the clash in DC yesterday. Look how we're treating each other!

Which is exactly what BushCO wanted

Make the argument about which faction cares about the troops more.....

Meanwhile Chimpy conducts his occupation.

Classic magician distraction.

MoveOn.org played right into it as well....

Shoot the messenger, let FAUX sort it out. :rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
09-16-2007, 05:08 PM

Richard Clark was too close to the political playing field for me to take him seriously. Politicians have agendas.

Shit, RC was no politician...

He was an expert who worked for both parties.

Just how many people need to come forward telling the truth before the last 23% of this country WAKES THE FUCK UP??????????????????????????????????????????????

Warham
09-16-2007, 05:22 PM
I have to say that I'm embarrassed.

Ellyllions
09-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by WAR

You and me both, babe.
You and me both.

Ellyllions
09-16-2007, 05:25 PM
But then again, we shouldn't be embarassed.

We should be pissed.
We should be writing letters.
We should be making telephone calls.

We should be forcing change.
Because we can.

LoungeMachine
09-16-2007, 05:27 PM
*sits on the deck with his IPA trying like hell not to say We Told You Guys*

LoungeMachine
09-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by WAR

And I raise my glass to you having the courage to admit that

Warham
09-16-2007, 05:33 PM
My spidey sense has probably been going off for a long time, but I've only subconsciously realized what was happening up until a few days ago.

Now, with my new support for Ron Paul, etc., I want Republicans in Congress to stop backing this War and vote to cut off the funds.

LoungeMachine
09-16-2007, 05:48 PM
dupe

wtf is going on with this site??

LoungeMachine
09-16-2007, 05:53 PM
holy shit.

de-funding the war is pretty bold, war.

Unless we can corrall a super majority, and veto-proof that bitch, everyone will be slapped by BushCo with "doesnt support the troops"

And another thing occurred to me this morning, an immediate withdrawal gives George the cannon-fodder for Iran,

He's fucked us either way.

We need to draw down to "support and logisitics" troops to help with the combat troops left to guard our embassey being built [unless we want to abandon that was well, which Halliburton will still triple-bill us for]

I like what the panel said on ABC this morning....

WHAT INCENTIVE DOES MALIKI HAVE TO STAND UP HIS GOVERNEMT/TROOPS/SECURITY when Bush has TOLD them we're there for the next 5-10 years???????

GIVE THEM A FUCKING DEADLINE, AND STICK TO IT.

STAND UP, OR WE'LL BUG OUT, BITCH.

You've got 180 days, and then we move home.
But of course Bush will never do that.

Why?

Because of the promises he made to Big Oil in 2000 that got him elected....

Warham
09-16-2007, 06:06 PM
They need 67 to overturn a veto, right?

LoungeMachine
09-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Thought it was 60?

Maybe you're right...

Hello Google

LoungeMachine
09-16-2007, 06:20 PM
2/3 majority, war's right.

sheesh, we need a miracle...

Baby's On Fire
09-16-2007, 07:17 PM
And yet none of you are doing anything to advance the impeachment of Bush and Cheney.

Not quite pissed ENOUGH are yas????

Warham
09-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
And yet none of you are doing anything to advance the impeachment of Bush and Cheney.

Not quite pissed ENOUGH are yas????

And what would you have us do?

Baby's On Fire
09-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by WAR
And what would you have us do?

Demand the impeachment of those jerk-offs by by demanding it of your state elected representatives.

Is it not supposed to be a government by the people, for the people?

Ellyllions
09-16-2007, 07:23 PM
BOF, you should read before you go spouting.

Baby's On Fire
09-16-2007, 07:25 PM
I did read. I also understand no one who is bitching is willing to do anything about the corruption and abuse of power.

Warham
09-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Demand the impeachment of those jerk-offs by by demanding it of your state elected representatives.

Is it not supposed to be a government by the people, for the people?

Don't you live in Canada?

Keef
09-16-2007, 08:52 PM

I am curious as to why Fox News(tabloid bullshit) and CNN (even more concerning because they actually try to act like a news source) is airing this now?

Both networks have licked boots since all this started.

It really makes me wonder.

LoungeMachine
09-16-2007, 10:39 PM
2/3 majority, war's right.

sheesh, we need a miracle...

It's been bugging the shit out of me how I got that wrong.

I've had 60 votes in the Senate stuck in my head all this time, and I finally figured out why.

We need 60 votes to override a FILLIBUSTER by the Republicans...

Shit, we need to get past THAT hurdle before we can even think about vetos.

49 -49 with LIEberman caucusing with us does not a majority make. :rolleyes:

BITEYOASS
09-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Speaking of lies and denial that reminds me of when a WO from the squadron I was with over at Al-Asad briefed us on how we should not drink the shower water since it couldn't be totally purified. I tactfully asked him why we are showering in water that we couldn't even drink, I got a that's none of your concern type of response. Then a few months later they told us to avoid the KBR tent due to the rampant gambling, prostitution and other illegal activity going on there.

Been suspicious ever since and this greenspan admittance just adds fuel to the fire.

Satan
09-17-2007, 12:03 AM
BOF, you should read before you go spouting.

Seems to me like he's read up on it more than most Americans have recently. He's absolutely right about how the American political system SHOULD work.

And it's good to see you waking up to the reality of what the BCE has done to this country. That goes for WAR as well. Just too bad you and some of your fellow Republicans couldn't have put this all together in 2004, so that election would have been beyond stealing, and we could have began repairing the damage. :(

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Don't you live in Canada?

Yes I do. What does that have to do with anything?

Oh I forgot: You have no real response so you sidestep the issue, and act like a typical American thug by asserting no one else on the planet deserves an opinion...........

If people like you would actually listen to an objective opinion from outside your little corner of the World, maybe your country wouldn't be on the verge of irrevocable catastrophe like it is presently.

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Satan
Seems to me like he's read up on it more than most Americans have recently. He's absolutely right about how the American political system SHOULD work.

And it's good to see you waking up to the reality of what the BCE has done to this country. That goes for WAR as well. Just too bad you and some of your fellow Republicans couldn't have put this all together in 2004, so that election would have been beyond stealing, and we could have began repairing the damage. :(

Maybe some day all of these repenting whiners will actually DO SOMETHING about they fuck-up they helped cause by voting these morons into office.

Great, the FINALLY realize how badly their country is fucked. Since they voted in the monkey twice, maybe they shoud spend some effort to remove him from office.

Or is that too much effort? Leave that to others to clean up the mess huh?

Warham
09-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Yes I do. What does that have to do with anything?

Oh I forgot: You have no real response so you sidestep the issue, and act like a typical American thug by asserting no one else on the planet deserves an opinion...........

If people like you would actually listen to an objective opinion from outside your little corner of the World, maybe your country wouldn't be on the verge of irrevocable catastrophe like it is presently.

It has alot to do with it, and it starts with you calling me a 'typical American thug' when you don't even know what the fuck you are talking about. I could call you a dumb canuck, but I'll refrain since I know there are some up there who ARE intelligent.

Yes, with your attitude, I can see how it's so 'objective'. Hardly. Maybe you should be more concerned with your own country's problems instead of worrying about ours.

Warham
09-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Maybe some day all of these repenting whiners will actually DO SOMETHING about they fuck-up they helped cause by voting these morons into office.

Great, the FINALLY realize how badly their country is fucked. Since they voted in the monkey twice, maybe they shoud spend some effort to remove him from office.

Or is that too much effort? Leave that to others to clean up the mess huh?

I never said this country was 'fucked', knucklehead.

And there is NO chance Bush will be impeached. It ain't happening. Period. End of discussion.

Every president usually has to clean up the previous president's mess. This will just be a bigger mess to clean up.

Blah, blah, blah. We got enough whiners in here. Bring something new to the table instead of parroting the people already in here.

LoungeMachine
09-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by WAR

And there is NO chance Bush will be impeached. It ain't happening. Period. End of discussion.

Every president usually has to clean up the previous president's mess. This will just be a bigger mess to clean up.

Blah, blah, blah. We got enough whiners in here. Bring something new to the table instead of parroting the people already in here.

Yeah, what WAR said.....

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Again, you are sidestepping the issue.

YOU insinuated that since I do not live in the USA my opinion is irrelevant.

THAT is American thug thinking....and exactly why most of the World hates the United States. You are emulating Georgie's disdain for the rest of the World. No one else matters but Americans, right?

And it IS my business because the illegal wars and other acts committed by your government affect the entire World........so the USA should remove itself from the United Nations Security Council if people like you are going to vote in lawless murderers and continue to give them power, the way you have.

So maybe you should stop thinking like a thug, and help rectify the problem you helped create by voting these killers into power....TWICE.

Maybe it's time for you to accept responsibility for your actions?

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by WAR

Not too bright are you?

Bush will never be impeached because PUSSIES like you who voted him into office are content to let him continue to have his way. Yeah, you talk a big game, but you're too lazy and inept to actually do something about it.

Blah blah blah indeed.

And you KNOW your country is fucked....you just won't admit it. That's why yo uclaim you're gonna vote for Ron Paul.

Great. Vote for Ron Paul. But how are you making amends for the mess you helped create by electing the monkey?

Warham
09-17-2007, 04:54 PM
I didn't say your opinion is irrelevant, it's just not wanted.

When the media spouts off about how hated the US is around the world, I could give a shit less. What I do worry about are the troops being killed over in Iraq first, and then I worry about civil rights being stepped on domestically.

What Canada thinks of us is about as low on the list as dirt.

scamper
09-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Yeah, what WAR said.....

Yeah, what Lounge said.....

LoungeMachine
09-17-2007, 04:56 PM

Maybe it's time for you to accept responsibility for your actions?

Not that WAR needs me of all people defending but....

He HAS recently completely accepted his responsibility for electing this regime into power.

And he's right. Regardless of how much we'd love to see it happen, ChimpCO is NEVER going to get impeached at this late date.

We're vicitms of the calendar at this point.

Most of us here completely agree with your takes on the State of The Union at this point, BOF, but you keep banging the same drum.

Bring some viable options to the table, enlighten us from an outsiders perspective.

Otherwise you'll quickly become so redundant in here as to be labelled irrelevant.

Not a slam, just the truth of the matter.

You're bright, and you've got skills. You know more about American Politics than any fucking cadaver that posts here.

But turn the page, please.

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by WAR

When the media spouts off about how hated the US is around the world, I could give a shit less. What I do worry about are the troops being killed over in Iraq first, and then I worry about civil rights being stepped on domestically.

But Iraq is YOUR FAULT. And so is the trampling of The Constitution.

YOU helped vote the monkey into power. TWICE.

It's your fault. You are partly to blame for the deaths of the American soldiers. You condoned it. And what about the innocent people killed in Iraq?

Oh wait. I'm sorry. They're NOT AMERICANS. Their lives mean nothing....

Warham
09-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Not too bright are you?

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I'm like a ginsu compared to you.

Bush will never be impeached because PUSSIES like you who voted him into office are content to let him continue to have his way. Yeah, you talk a big game, but you're too lazy and inept to actually do something about it.

You know nothing about the way our government works, therefore your opinion is invalid.

And you KNOW your country is fucked....you just won't admit it. That's why yo uclaim you're gonna vote for Ron Paul.

I'm not voting for Paul because I think our country is 'fucked'. In fact, I'm voting for him for the exact OPPOSITE reason. America is the greatest country in the world, pre-Iraq or POST-Iraq, and that includes your little country up there. I want to continue the greatness and think Paul is the best choice for the job.

Now run along please, before I get really angry.

LoungeMachine
Originally posted by WAR

meh

Here's where we split. ;)

If we don't have respect from our own border neighbors, what chance do we have of winning the hearts and minds of those countries we currently occupy? Or plan to for that matter.

scamper

I swear I've heard this somewhere before....

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Not that WAR needs me of all people defending but....

He HAS recently completely accepted his responsibility for electing this regime into power.

And he's right. Regardless of how much we'd love to see it happen, ChimpCO is NEVER going to get impeached at this late date.

We're vicitms of the calendar at this point.

Most of us here completely agree with your takes on the State of The Union at this point, BOF, but you keep banging the same drum.

Bring some viable options to the table, enlighten us from an outsiders perspective.

Otherwise you'll quickly become so redundant in here as to be labelled irrelevant.

Not a slam, just the truth of the matter.

You're bright, and you've got skills. You know more about American Politics than any fucking cadaver that posts here.

But turn the page, please.

Your making ecuses. I'm surprised at you.

IMPEACH THAT FUCKING MONKEY NOW. It's not too late. Make a statement. So what if it happens after the next election? You will have made your point.

It's all excuses, and nothing more.

It's the easy way out.

Hold that monkey accountable for his actions.

LoungeMachine
09-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by scamper

Yeah, what scamp....

doh.

now I'm dizzy.

Warham
09-17-2007, 05:02 PM
But Iraq is YOUR FAULT. And so is the trampling of The Constitution.

It's your fault. You are partly to blame for the deaths of the American soldiers. You condoned it. And what about the innocent people killed in Iraq?

Oh wait. I'm sorry. They're NOT AMERICANS. Their lives mean nothing....

George W. Bush is my elected REPRESENTATIVE. By definition, he does not always have to do what the electorate wants him to do. For instance, I've always been angry with Bush for not vetoing those spending bills, but he signs them into law.

Bush went into Iraq, and I supported the action. Now that new information has come out, I've changed my mind, but he still moves forward.

Again, you need a lesson in how our government works.

LoungeMachine
09-17-2007, 05:02 PM

IMPEACH THAT FUCKING MONKEY NOW. It's not too late. Make a statement. So what if it happens after the next election? You will have made your point.

It's the easy way out.

Hold that monkey accountable for his actions.

"We" don't hold office, so "we" can't impeach anybody...

Our elected "officials" can't get the votes either.

I'm not making excuses. I'm spouting logic.

The REAL way to get to this administration is through the Justice Dept. Hearings at this point.

If you're so hot on regime change, invade us.

Chances are The National Guard is unavailable to put up much of a fight at this point. ;)

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by WAR
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I'm like a ginsu compared to you.

You know nothing about the way our government works, therefore your opinion is invalid.

I'm not voting for Paul because I think our country is 'fucked'. In fact, I'm voting for him for the exact OPPOSITE reason. America is the greatest country in the world, pre-Iraq or POST-Iraq, and that includes your little country up there. I want to continue the greatness and think Paul is the best choice for the job.

Now run along please, before I get really angry.

Yeah, America is the greatest country in the World. Let's see.....illegal invasions, mass murder, ignoring the UN, failing to pay UN dues, highest per capita murder rate in the World (by a fucking mile), mass political corruption, bordering on bankruptcy.

You're right. That sums it up.

And I know WAY MORE about how yoru political system works (or is supposed to work) than you know. The fact that monkey was voted into power and still sits there proves it all about how sharp a knife you are.

Just waking up after 7 years of catastrophe, are you? Brilliant indeed.

Warham
09-17-2007, 05:03 PM
meh

Here's where we split. ;)

If we don't have respect from our own border neighbors, what chance do we have of winning the hearts and minds of those countries we currently occupy? Or plan to for that matter.

Yeah, I guess I should have just said 'What BabyOnFire thinks' instead of 'what Canada thinks'.

Would you agree with me on that? :D

Warham
09-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Yeah, America is the greatest country in the World. Let's see.....illegal invasions, mass murder, ignoring the UN, failing to pay UN dues, highest per capita murder rate in the World (by a fucking mile), mass political corruption, bordering on bankruptcy.

You're right. That sums it up.

And I know WAY MORE about how yoru political system works (or is supposed to work) than you know. The fact that monkey was voted into power and still sits there proves it all about how sharp a knife you are.

Just waking up after 7 years of catastrophe, are you? Brilliant indeed.

No, you don't know it at all.

Hey, I got an idea.

Why don't we post some threads about how wonderful Canada is. I'm sure your country is such a paradise that there's no problems with your politicians, health care system, inner city crime and poverty or anything else for that matter?

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 05:06 PM
"We" don't hold office, so "we" can't impeach anybody...

Our elected "officials" can't get the votes either.

I'm not making excuses. I'm spouting logic.

The REAL way to get to this administration is through the Justice Dept. Hearings at this point.

Chances are The National Guard is unavailable to put up much of a fight at this point. ;)

Now you're sounding like Cadaverdog.

The fact is, the American electorate voted these douches into power, and is capabale of removing them. That's it.

The problem is, everyone likes to make excuses, because otherwise actual effort is involved.

You are not victims of the calendar as you put it. You allowed that to happen through inaction years ago when monkey should have been impeached (and arguably brought to trial for war crimes).

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by WAR
No, you don't know it at all.

Hey, I got an idea.

Why don't we post some threads about how wonderful Canada is. I'm sure your country is such a paradise that there's no problems with your politicians, health care system, inner city crime and poverty or anything else for that matter?

Politicians here are scum too. No doubt. So let's sidestep the issue more shall we?

The difference is, Canada is not FUCKING UP the rest of the World (even if we could). And at least Canada pays its UN dues and actually ABIDES by the fucking resolutions of the council on which we sit.

And by the way WARmongerer.....Canadian soldiers are dying in Afghanistan too, for YOUR benefit.

We actually respect other nations. Imagine that?

Now, back to your regularly scheduled excuses.

Warham
09-17-2007, 05:11 PM

The fact is, the American electorate voted these douches into power, and is capabale of removing them. That's it.

The problem is, everyone likes to make excuses, because otherwise actual effort is involved.

You are not victims of the calendar as you put it. You allowed that to happen through inaction years ago when monkey should have been impeached (and arguably brought to trial for war crimes).

No, we are not capable of removing George W. Bush from office. Only our representatives in the House and Senate can do that.

Apparently, you don't understand why our representatives have term limits? George W. Bush will be out of office Jan 21, 2009. He is not a dictator.

LoungeMachine
09-17-2007, 05:16 PM

:lol:

Now you're BANNED, ashhole :D

Now you're showing your ignorance.

The Republicans controlled what came up for a vote, and what didnt for the first 6 years, dude. And Pelosi, for whatever reason took impeachment off the table in Nov, 2006

Dude, we're doing what we can. We're writing, we're showing up for local caucuses, we raising the debate level, but you're barking up the wrong fucking tree [again]

SHORT OF A COUP, we have to use the tools we have now, which aint much.

If you honestly think us mods here are going to rise up, form a militia, and storm DC then you're more whacked than cadaverdo yourself. :D

Why not enlighten us.

I grant you immediate citizenship.

Tell US what YOU would PERSONALLY do in the next 30 days.

We'll take notes. :cool:

knuckleboner
09-17-2007, 05:22 PM

IMPEACH THAT FUCKING MONKEY NOW. It's not too late.

you're right, it's not completely too late. but it's really, really close. because the entire thing would have to happen before 1/20/09. that's charges brought, verified, approved in the house, and then the vote in the senate. this is not a 3 week deal. it will take many months. possible to get done before january 2009? yes. but if so, just barely.

Make a statement.

and what statement would it be that we tied up congress for 12 months so that we could wind up removing bush from office just 3 months early? personally, i'd much rather have congress take those 12 months to work out CURRENT problems, rather than debating old problems.

So what if it happens after the next election? You will have made your point.

all impeachment means is removing a sitting public official from office. that's it. that's the entirety of impeachment. once the new guy is in, it's not impossible to impeach the old guy, since he's already out of office.

would you really rather for the next year that the U.S. congress focused on whether or not we were wrong to go to war with iraq in 2003, or would you rather they actually work on changing what is CURRENTLY going on in iraq?

LoungeMachine
09-17-2007, 05:22 PM
fucking dupes :mad:

knuckleboner
09-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by scamper

...wait...scamper agreeing with Lounge agreeing with War?...

http://digitalius.csmalecki.com/albums/ghostbusters/thumb_ghostbusters_298.jpg

dogs and cats. living together. mass hysteria! :D

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 05:36 PM

We should be pissed.

Because we can.

Baby's on fire, and Satan...when I said read...

I meant this post.
What the fuck does that say?
And I wrote it.

But you know what, it doesn't matter. I knew there would be those....

Warham
09-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
...wait...scamper agreeing with Lounge agreeing with War?...

http://digitalius.csmalecki.com/albums/ghostbusters/thumb_ghostbusters_298.jpg

dogs and cats. living together. mass hysteria! :D

Yes, it is a strange world.

LoungeMachine
09-17-2007, 05:45 PM
In all reality, our next chance to really affect change is November, '08

And I'm not talking just about POTUS either.

There's a huge amount of Republican Senators [12 or so?] up for re in November...

A real majority, with a Dem in the White House could revoke alot of what's been pushed upon us since 2000.

We're heading into a recession, coupled with a military that is stretched beyond belief.

Repeal W's tax cuts, gut The Patriot Act, and redeploy a majority of troops and MAKE the Maliki "government" [if it still exists] stand up on its own 2 legs.

It's a start.

We're not going to "fix" the damage done by BushCO and 6 years of a Republican Congress that spent like the world was ending overnight.

LoungeMachine
09-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Yes, it is a strange world.

meh,

I always knew you'd come around to our side.

You were too bright not to. ;)

Now we just need to find common grouind with which to change things so we can once and for all shut up those fucking canucks. :D

LoungeMachine
09-17-2007, 05:48 PM

Why not enlighten us.

Still waiting.........

Guitar Shark
09-17-2007, 05:54 PM

Classic stuff right there.

Warham
09-17-2007, 05:58 PM
meh,

I always knew you'd come around to our side.

You were too bright not to. ;)

Now we just need to find common grouind with which to change things so we can once and for all shut up those fucking canucks. :D

It's irritating beyond belief.

Every time a Canadian posts in here, it's the same old shit. Like we haven't heard it before.

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 06:36 PM

Now you're BANNED, ashhole :D

Now you're showing your ignorance.

The Republicans controlled what came up for a vote, and what didnt for the first 6 years, dude. And Pelosi, for whatever reason took impeachment off the table in Nov, 2006

Dude, we're doing what we can. We're writing, we're showing up for local caucuses, we raising the debate level, but you're barking up the wrong fucking tree [again]

SHORT OF A COUP, we have to use the tools we have now, which aint much.

If you honestly think us mods here are going to rise up, form a militia, and storm DC then you're more whacked than cadaverdo yourself. :D

Why not enlighten us.

There's no time left because you sat on your ass and let chimpy do whatever he wants for 7 years. YOU elect your reps. They should be doing what you tell them to do.

Every American voter is at fault as much as Chimpy. You voted him in (TWICE) and let him sit there unchecked.

Everything is an excuse.

We all have bad days. Come back when you're back on your game.

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by WAR
It's irritating beyond belief.

Every time a Canadian posts in here, it's the same old shit. Like we haven't heard it before.

Spoken like a true, brainless dumbass American.

Despite colossal fuckups for 7 years, the good-ole-US-of-fucking-A is still the greatest, aint it?

USA USA USA USA

You exemplify why most of the world despises the United States. You fuck everything up, lie, murder, cheat and steal and still think you're the best.

Talk to me after your country is bankrupt.......

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Welp, that answers that for me.

Baby's on Fire, you're a troll.

LoungeMachine
Ah, I see...

We're all stupid, and sat on our asses....

Yet YOU cannot offer one single solution of your own.

You obviously DON'T understand our system, as you've failed to grasp that we cannot just elect someone whenever we want.

It's every 2, 4, or 6 years, depending on the office.

I'm beginning to realize you're not as bright as I thought.

my bad.

Warham
Despite colossal fuckups for 7 years, the good-ole-US-of-fucking-A is still the greatest, aint it?

Yes, it is! Got a problem with it, canuck?

USA USA USA USA

You exemplify why most of the world despises the United States. You fuck everything up, lie, murder, cheat and steal and still think you're the best.

Talk to me after your country is bankrupt.......

Who's this 'you' you keep referring to? I guess 'all' Americans are filthy whores that need to be dealt with, eh?

When you are ready to talk, I'll be waiting for you to get off of your high horse and come back down to Earth.

LoungeMachine
09-17-2007, 06:50 PM

Yep.

And WAR and I are sorry for letting him derail your thread, ELL.

We fed the troll.

Back on topic, if you wish.....

Warham
09-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Sorry, Elly. My bad.

We can move our responses to another appropriate thread. But I won't stand to let his attacks go unanswered.

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 06:52 PM

So someone points out how badly people like you fucked up by voting in Chimpy, and they are a troll.

Typical American thinking, and typical of why your country is in such a mess.

And just think, you have yourself to thank! So you come here and whine about a dictator you voted in.....

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Nah, it's all good.
I'm passed angry and takin' care o' bizness.

Ya'll eat the baby.

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 06:55 PM
So someone points out how badly people like you fucked up by voting in Chimpy, and they are a troll.

Typical American thinking, and typical of why your country is in such a mess.

And just think, you have yourself to thank! So you come here and whine about a dictator you voted in.....

Naw, you're just one of those people who needs to argue.
Doesn't really matter the subject. You think yourself to be some lost Debate team superstar.

Why the fuck would you even care? You're in Canada, for Christ's sake. Besides, while you're busy shoving your finger up our noses who's running your country? Do you even know?

Won't you find some other angry Canadians to argue with?

unless....

you're all alone for a reason...

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Ah, I see...

We're all stupid, and sat on our asses....

Yet YOU cannot offer one single solution of your own.

You obviously DON'T understand our system, as you've failed to grasp that we cannot just elect someone whenever we want.

It's every 2, 4, or 6 years, depending on the office.

I'm beginning to realize you're not as bright as I thought.

my bad.

No. Not at all. Just all the idiots who voted for Bush. TWICE.

And by your responses, I'm beginning to think you voted for Bush.

I gave you a solution, except you all missed the chance. After voting Bush in, those of you smart enough to realize how badly you fucked up had it well within your power to remove him.

Those of you then chose to make excuses and whine and bitch, rather than exercise your rights under the Constitution and pressure your elected reps to IMPEACH THAT FUCKING MONKEY.

Too much effort, wasn't it? Easier to pass the buck.

Hey, we all pass the buck. Just don't come here like WARmongerer and try to earn praise by stating how you've seen the light, and are gonna make atonement by voting for the other guy.

Too little, too late girls.

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 06:57 PM
BWAHAHAHA!

Calling out Lounge for voting for Bush?!
You IS stupid!

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Sorry, Elly. My bad.

We can move our responses to another appropriate thread. But I won't stand to let his attacks go unanswered.

If you can't take the truth, move along.

Typical pussy response. Crying because he has no argument and can't make a sigle valid point.

Warham
09-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Who said I'm trying to earn praise? I never was trying to earn praise. I've taken alot of flack for standing by my party the last few years, only to be hoodwinked. Now I've seen the light. Do I need to atone, or do the people in power?

I didn't vote for George W. Bush so that he could raise spending to historic levels, or so he could get into a war with no end in sight.

And stop it with the dictator shit. He's not a dictator.

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Lemme tell ya what the typical pussy response is...

Thinking you got a fucking platform for politics involving another fucking country when you don't even know how the government works!

THAT'S a pussy response.

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Yep.

And WAR and I are sorry for letting him derail your thread, ELL.

We fed the troll.

Back on topic, if you wish.....

Lounge you disappoint me.

You're getting your ass kicked. I've never seen you before fail to have a single valid argument.

And to resort to Cadaverdog-like responses...evading the topic and using the word "Canuck" like it has any relevance.

We all have bad days....today is yours. I'll give you a pass. But please, don't cme back until you get it together.

Your tarnishing your reputation.

So back on topic. What have anyone of you done to rectfy the mess Bush created (and all those of you who voted him in twice)? Crying about him on the DLR Army board doesn't count.

Go.

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 07:02 PM
So, do you have a president or a prime minister?

What's his/her name?

What's their voting platform?

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Naw, you're just one of those people who needs to argue.
Doesn't really matter the subject. You think yourself to be some lost Debate team superstar.

Why the fuck would you even care? You're in Canada, for Christ's sake. Besides, while you're busy shoving your finger up our noses who's running your country? Do you even know?

Won't you find some other angry Canadians to argue with?

unless....

you're all alone for a reason...

I'm not angry at all. Just amused. Amused by halfwits like you, who simply have no argument and get all upset because you're getting your ass duly kicked.

And then calling out the typical response: "but non-Americans don't matetr. We are the best". Yep. You the best. Voting in Bush was GENIUS. Especially the second time around. I realize some people are slow learners, but c'mon.................

It's very entertaining to watch.

Even Thome and Cadaverdog have been smart enough to stay out of this losing fight.

Warham
09-17-2007, 07:04 PM
No, he's not getting his ass kicked, you are.

You can't even grasp US Government 101, yet you get on your high horse and demand what we have done in OUR country about OUR president.

Like Lounge asked you earlier, why don't you tell us what you'd do down here, Sherlock?

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm voicing an opinion.

Yes, even non-Americans are allowed one of those. Isn't free speech part of your Constitution? I mean before Bush shit all over it?

I have offered up my opinion of a solution, except it's too late. You sat on your asses while Bush fucked you and did nothing but complain.

Hey, we're all guilty. Just don't start a thread expecting praise because you saw the light after 7 years.......you caused part of the problem.

But none of us are perfect. Sorry dude. But accept responsibilty for the damage you helped cause if you expect kudos for finally realizing Bush is a piece of trash.

Ellyllions
War, I believe this person wishes they were American.

I can't believe I didn't see it before now!

That's it ain't it Baby...you want to be American. Your favorite bands are from America, I'll bet you know our anthem by heart! I'll bet that you know more about American celebrities than you do your own government's structure.

Oh..hun...c'mere. Lemme hold you.
I'm sorry that I never noticed it before.

Nickdfresh

So back on topic. What have anyone of you done to rectfy the mess Bush created (and all those of you who voted him in twice)? Crying about him on the DLR Army board doesn't count.

Go.

You're like a growling dog. You know that? Or more like a one trick pony...

I've said before I've voted against him (three times). What more can one do? It's been explained why the the Democrats cannot just drop everything and impeach him. It's also been explained how he as largely ended the GOP's monopoly of power in the US, but not to the extent required to throw him out. He was democratically reelected (probably)...

Instead of some hurling your typical banal vitriol, why don't you answer Lounge's question, dope? What should we do? You're so smart, give us guidance oh Canadian super genius!:)

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 07:10 PM
. Isn't free speech part of your Constitution?

Why yes it is...but that only applies to AMERICAN CITIZENS.

Sorry, hun...you don't count.

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 07:10 PM
So, do you have a president or a prime minister?

What's his/her name?

What's their voting platform?

They're just as fucked up as Bush. Well, almost.

Difference is, they havent illegally invaded countries, shit all over the constitution, lied and fabricated evidence, and ignored the UN Security Council. Let's not forget the mass murder ensuing.

And, they PAID their fucking UN dues.

Next question.

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Why yes it is...but that only applies to AMERICAN CITIZENS.

Sorry, hun...you don't count.

Of course. Because only Americans count.

You know what's funny honey? All I gotta do is sit back and watch you own yourself. Your playing right into my point, and I don't have to do anyting at all.

USA USA USA

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 07:12 PM
They're just as fucked up as Bush. Well, almost.

Difference is, they havent illegally invaded countries, shit all over the constitution, lied and fabricated evidence, and ignored the UN Security Council. Let's not forget the mass murder ensuing.

And, they PAID their fucking UN dues.

Next question.

But, but....you're dodging the questions with opinions.
Meaning that you might not really know.

*coochie coochie coo*

But on a sidenote, look at all this attention that you're getting!
It's your lucky day little fella...

Warham
09-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Hey, we're all guilty. Just don't start a thread expecting praise because you saw the light after 7 years.......you caused part of the problem.

What the fuck are you talking about? What thread are you referring to???

I started a thread about Ron Paul, and that's somehow tied in with me expecting praise? How does a guy who's admitted he's wrong and humbled himself expect praise Fill me in.

You've got some twisted logic.

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 07:14 PM
BWAHAHAHA!

Calling out Lounge for voting for Bush?!
You IS stupid!

I didn't say he voted for Bush. I'm just beginning to suspect he is a former Bush sympathizer, by his responses.

But he's taken his licks and gone home for now. So maybe he's reconsidering.

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Of course. Because only Americans count.

Well, hey you got one right!
As far as our Constitution (it's supposed to be capitalized) only American's count.

People who are not citizens of the USA are not bound by nor privvy to the freedoms granted under our Constitution.

BTW, what kind of "document" does Canada have that equates to our Constitution? What's it called? What does it say?

No googling.

LoungeMachine
09-17-2007, 07:15 PM

And by your responses, I'm beginning to think you voted for Bush.

I gave you a solution, except you all missed the chance. After voting Bush in, those of you smart enough to realize how badly you fucked up had it well within your power to remove him.

Bullshit.

We are NOT "well within our power" to remove him as you state.

We ARE well within our power to put direct pressure on the people who represent us, AND SPEAKING FOR MYSELF, WE DID JUST THAT.]

But it did no good.

But you'd have us believe we just didnt write enough letter and emails, we didnt go to enough meetings, IF ONLY WE HAD PICKED UP THE PHONE ONE MORE TIME. :rolleyes:

You've totally blown your whole stale argument now.

Too much effort, wasn't it? Easier to pass the buck.

Not really, but you can't seem tograsp that many of did that.

Too little, too late girls.

That's what we've been telling you, mensa.

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by WAR
What the fuck are you talking about? What thread are you referring to???

I started a thread about Ron Paul, and that's somehow tied in with me expecting praise? How does a guy who's admitted he's wrong and humbled himself expect praise Fill me in.

You've got some twisted logic.

Yeah, you humbled yourself. And good for you for voting for Ron Paul.

All I'm saying that while you desrve kudos for that, you should also be man enough to take your licks for voting in the monkey in the first place.

That's all I'm saying. You just get sensitive about it, and when you have no retort you begin with the "Canucks" have no valid opinion BS.

Which exemplifies what I am criticizing.

The World is entitled to an opinion when your asshole leadership is fucking everybody over.

Agree or disagree?

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 07:19 PM

Bullshit.

We are NOT "well within our power" to remove him as you state.

We ARE well within our power to put direct pressure on the people who represent us, AND SPEAKING FOR MYSELF, WE DID JUST THAT.]

But it did no good.

But you'd have us believe we just didnt write enough letter and emails, we didnt go to enough meetings, IF ONLY WE HAD PICKED UP THE PHONE ONE MORE TIME. :rolleyes:

You've totally blown your whole stale argument now.

Not really, but you can't seem tograsp that many of did that.

That's what we've been telling you, mensa.

That's exactly what I sais in several other posts.

Lounge, you're disappointing me. Your way off your game tonight. You remind me of Tyson who resorted to ear biting when he was getting his ass kicked.

You're fucking up man. It's not like you.

Go get some sleep. Come back tomorrow. When you got your game back.

LoungeMachine
09-17-2007, 07:20 PM
I didn't say he voted for Bush. I'm just beginning to suspect he is a former Bush sympathizer, by his responses.

But he's taken his licks and gone home for now. So maybe he's reconsidering.

You're giving yourself just a bit too much credit, eh....

By your reasoning, I guess I can blame you for Celine Dion and Chevy Chase.

Even kb [hardly a Lib] told you Impeachment was all but over at this point...

But yet you still can't step up and tell us all what YOU would do today, right now to make it happen, IF you were a US Citizen.

It's much easier to just lump us all together, and call us lazy.

weak.

Even by Canadian standards.

Warham
09-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah, you humbled yourself. And good for you for voting for Ron Paul.

All I'm saying that while you desrve kudos for that, you should also be man enough to take your licks for voting in the monkey in the first place.

That's all I'm saying. You just get sensitive about it, and when you have no retort you begin with the "Canucks" have no valid opinion BS.

Which exemplifies what I am criticizing.

The World is entitled to an opinion when your asshole leadership is fucking everybody over.

Agree or disagree?

Shut up, fool.

You don't know how many licks I've taken around here. I wear my bruises well.

Yeah, you're entitled to your opinion, and now that I've heard it, I don't need to hear it any more. Now you can shut your piehole!

What I do take offense to are your generalizations about Americans.

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 07:21 PM
you should also be man enough to take your licks for voting in the monkey in the first place.

FUCK NO.
Let some asswipe like you who has nothing better to do than to find a fucking message board to vent your personal frustrations?

FUCK NO.
Roll over and "take it like a man"? Who the fuck do you think you are?

I knew there would be some judgement from some, but to tell us that we should be willing to be stone-rolled for people like you to enjoy?

You can keep dreaming, lonely bastard.

Maybe you ought to go ahead and air your true feelings to the people in your life that you hate instead of hiding behind some login on some fucking messageboard and be all "big and bad" there.

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 07:23 PM
And you have YET to show that you know ANYTHING about your own government!

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 07:24 PM
You're giving yourself just a bit too much credit, eh....

By your reasoning, I guess I can blame you for Celine Dion and Chevy Chase.

But yet you still can't step up and tell us all what YOU would do today, right now to make it happen, IF you were a US Citizen.

It's much easier to just lump us all together, and call us lazy.

weak.

Even by Canadian standards.

Hey I never voted for Celine Dion and Chevy Chase.

And I din't call you lazy. I'm blaming people like WARmongerer. You just decided to jump into the fray and defend him.

Lounge, you're way off your game tonight. What happened? Tell us about it.

Maybe get some sleep and try again tomorrow.

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 07:27 PM
FUCK NO.
Let some asswipe like you who has nothing better to do than to find a fucking message board to vent your personal frustrations?

FUCK NO.
Roll over and "take it like a man"? Who the fuck do you think you are?

I knew there would be some judgement from some, but to tell us that we should be willing to be stone-rolled for people like you to enjoy?

You can keep dreaming, lonely bastard.

Maybe you ought to go ahead and air your true feelings to the people in your life that you hate instead of hiding behind some login on some fucking messageboard and be all "big and bad" there.

OWNED.

Thank you dear. You just proved all my points.

Where are your facts and arguments baby? Can't take the punishment, then stay out of the fight.

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Lounge, you're off your game because you're not joining in on the possibility of pointing and laughing.

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Lounge, you're off your game because you're not joining in on the possibility of pointing and laughing.

This is pathetically waek even by your standras.

You have yet to put forth a single fact or argument to support your voting for Chimpy.

Let's hear it baby. Justify it to us.

Go.

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 07:29 PM
OWNED.

Thank you dear. You just proved all my points.

Where are your facts and arguments baby? Can't take the punishment, then stay out of the fight.

You think you owned me?
You are sadly mistaken.

Where is your proof that you're not wearing a USA t-shirt right now?

Where is your proof that you don't know more about our country than you do your own because you want to be here?

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 07:30 PM

You have yet to put forth a single fact or argument to support your voting for Chimpy.

Let's hear it baby. Justify it to us.

Go.

I already have, but you missed the boat.

Too sad too bad. Stuck in Canada with dreams of America.

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 07:33 PM

By the way, what does that say?
Is that French?

What's a standras?

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 07:37 PM
You think you owned me?
You are sadly mistaken.

Where is your proof that you're not wearing a USA t-shirt right now?

Where is your proof that you don't know more about our country than you do your own because you want to be here?

I LOVE the United States. Pre-Bush that is.

And yes, not long ago I wanted to apply for dual Citizenship and conduct business there as well. (And by the way I DID live in New York State for a year)

Know why I didn't? Well baby, you're smart enought to guess. Because your government has gone completely fucking insane.

And those of you who voted them in and support them are equally guilty. That's all I'm saying.

I always admired the USA, which is part of the reason I know a lot about its political system.

But that was pre-Chimpy. Since then, it's become a big ol mess.

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 07:39 PM
I already have, but you missed the boat.

Too sad too bad. Stuck in Canada with dreams of America.

Yes. Dreams of illegal invasions. Mass murder. Violations of international law. Bankruptcy. Corruption. Hypocrisy.

All the beautiful attributes of the USA undert he corrupt and murderous regime of Chimpy and Co.

Who were voted in by people like you. You must be so proud.

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 07:39 PM
So I was right?

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 07:41 PM
So I was right?

About what?

It's hard to imagine you being right about any topic within this thread. You've been owned so badly. Mostly by your own hand mind you.

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Well, just take a look at this for me will ya?

The Americans in this thread are being kind to each other and moving forward. That's why you're so interested in this country. That's what you loved about living here.

You're the only one being a DICK. And you're not even a citizen...

Don't you worry. We'll clean up this mess we made and it will be fabulous again. We'll go through whatever we have to go through to get passed it all and we'll be just fine.

You, however, will still be sitting there wishing you were here.

Hyman Roth
09-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by WAR

What I do take offense to are your generalizations about Americans.

I find that offensive as well. And I pretty much vote a straight democratic ticket aside from a few local judges and county comissioners I know personally and think are doing an excellent job.

Although it is true that BoF has failed to put forward any real solution while making generic oversimplifications and rattling obnoxiosly about the past, I think a valid point can be remotely inferred from his ramblings that there is a large gap between the way it is and the way it ought to and was set up to be. "It" being the system of government we have in place.

I have racked my brain for nearly 20 years now trying to figure out the way to narrow that gap and have come up short of solutions that don't require most Americans (myself included) to become significantly more educated about a vast array of issues that are extremely complicated and difficult to grasp in the spare time we all have to devote to this endeavor.

Unfortunately, although I admire your spirit, Elly, I do not believe that simply writing on blogs and for the local editorial pages, and calling and contacting our congressmen alone is going to do the trick. Perhaps that coupled with major changes to the way we elect our leaders might go some way towards a solution (i.e. making it so that it doesn't cost several tens of millions of dollars to run for public office and an honest school teacher has just as much a chance of winning a seat as an old-money career politician).

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Elly,

Even Lounge went to lick his wounds. WARmongerer? Nuff said.

At least Lounge might have a shot of a comeback, or at least put up a fight tomorrow.

You on the other hand.....it's tired. You have no basis in fact, no facts or literate argument to put forth.

But I admire your tenacity. Getting your ass kicked is tough work.

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 07:48 PM
I LOVE the United States.

I always admired the USA, which is part of the reason I know a lot about its political system.

So, I was right?

BTW, you keep using the word "owned".
You do realize that's a blatant banner that screams, "NET NERD" right?

Just sayin'.

Now, go learn something about your own country's government. Put the USA t-shirts away for a while, and leave us to sort out our own messes. We really don't need your help.

Hyman Roth
09-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Just for the record - Elly was in now way "owned"!

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
I find that offensive as well. And I pretty much vote a straight democratic ticket aside from a few local judges and county comissioners I know personally and think are doing an excellent job.

Although it is true that BoF has failed to put forward any real solution while making generic oversimplifications and rattling obnoxiosly about the past, I think a valid point can be remotely inferred from his ramblings that there is a large gap between the way it is and the way it ought to and was set up to be. "It" being the system of government we have in place.

I have racked my brain for nearly 20 years now trying to figure out the way to narrow that gap and have come up short of solutions that don't require most Americans (myself included) to become significantly more educated about a vast array of issues that are extremely complicated and difficult to grasp in the spare time we all have to devote to this endeavor.

Unfortunately, although I admire your spirit, Elly, I do not believe that simply writing on blogs and for the local editorial pages, and calling and contacting our congressmen alone is going to do the trick. Perhaps that coupled with major changes to the way we elect our leaders might go some way towards a solution (i.e. making it so that it doesn't cost several tens of millions of dollars to run for public office and an honest school teacher has just as much a chance of winning a seat as an old-money career politician).

Touchy touchy.

At least you didn't lower yourself to American thuggery and expect no one else on the planet to have an opinion.

But I think it's time for you to change your tampon.

Hyman Roth
09-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Touchy touchy.

At least you didn't lower yourself to American thuggery and expect no one else on the planet to have an opinion.

But I think it's time for you to change your tampon.

LMAO - I wont even dignify that with a response. Did you even read my post?

Ellyllions
09-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Well, Hyman, it's what we can do.
Our voice is supposed to amount to something, so I'm going to keep doing what I do best. Screamin like a cat with it's tail caught in the door.

Baby, I've got a gorgeous husband that just kissed me on the neck and invited me to bed. I'm gonna take him up on it.

Consider yourself lucky tonight. You were able to get a whole bunch of your favorite people to talk to you.

G'nite all...

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Well, just take a look at this for me will ya?

The Americans in this thread are being kind to each other and moving forward. That's why you're so interested in this country. That's what you loved about living here.

You're the only one being a DICK. And you're not even a citizen...

Don't you worry. We'll clean up this mess we made and it will be fabulous again. We'll go through whatever we have to go through to get passed it all and we'll be just fine.

You, however, will still be sitting there wishing you were here.

I will resist the temptation to openly mock the irony within one of the sentences of your post. The more astute will see it for themselves.

Aside, there was a time when the United Sates was wonderful. That ended in 2000.

Wish I was there? Nah. Not unless I want to see poverty, violence, hypocrisy and illegal wars.

Canada has much hotter chicks to boot (present company excepted of course).

We have more Eastern European girls, the hottest girls in the World.

Warham
09-17-2007, 07:58 PM
I LOVE the United States. Pre-Bush that is.

I don't believe you.

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 08:00 PM
LMAO - I wont even dignify that with a response. Did you even read my post?

I struggled through it. Yes. I pretended I was British and read through it with a stiff upper lip.

Everything must be serious.

Not much to say, but not uch to disagree with.

Point is this: Those who voted for Bushco need to take responsibility for it, and not pass the buck. If you're goig to complain, then also crticize yourselves for being part of the problem.

Hey, we all make mistakes. But admit it when you do, then either do something about it, or shut up about it.

Those of you sensitive types can't accept the responsibility and resort to debasing any non-Americans. Which is part of my crticism.

MAYBE, just MAYBE if you weren't so arrogent and respected the opinion of the rest of the World, you wouldn't be in such a fucking mess, and fucking up the rest of the World in the process.

To that I refer in part to the UN Resolutions which the good-ole-US-of-A duly IGNORED.

Can I be more clear?

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by WAR
I don't believe you.

What don't you believe?

The love part or the pre-Chimpy part?

Dude, when I was 13 I was watching This Week With David Brinkley on Sunday mornings. I have been interested in US politics since that age.

And yes, I lived in NY State. Cheektowaga to be precise.

And yes, I intended not too long ago to apply for dual Citizenship.

But I didn't, because of the mess Chimpy and co. made.

Is that so hard to believe?

Hyman Roth
09-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Night night Elly.

Warham
09-17-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't believe you love the US because of your generalizations about the population here.

ODShowtime
09-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by WAR

I am too. remember when you used to look down on me for that?

where's bbb anyway? did he get drafted?

Warham
09-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I am too. remember when you used to look down on me for that?

where's bbb anyway? did he get drafted?

Yes, my apologies.

I think Brian's probably got a form of Front Line weariness.

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by WAR
I don't believe you love the US because of your generalizations about the population here.

I don't generalize about the population except when being tongue-in-cheek. I do stand by my sentiments that anyone who voted for Bushco once (let alone twice) has something to be desired in the brains department.

And I'll make no apology for it

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Well, Hyman, it's what we can do.
Our voice is supposed to amount to something, so I'm going to keep doing what I do best. Screamin like a cat with it's tail caught in the door.

Baby, I've got a gorgeous husband that just kissed me on the neck and invited me to bed. I'm gonna take him up on it.

Consider yourself lucky tonight. You were able to get a whole bunch of your favorite people to talk to you.

G'nite all...

I'm sure you'll be thinking of me all night in bed.

I've probably gotten you hotter then your husband ever will.

You're welcome baby.

Warham
09-17-2007, 08:14 PM
I don't generalize about the population except when being tongue-in-cheek. I do stand by my sentiments that anyone who voted for Bushco once (let alone twice) has something to be desired in the brains department.

And I'll make no apology for it

Whatever you want to believe.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Baby's On Fire
09-17-2007, 08:19 PM
So, you got your ass kicked and finally threw in the towel.

At least it didn't take you 7 years like it did with Chimpy and co.

So consider yourself the new and improved WARmongerer.

ODShowtime
09-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Yes, my apologies.

I guess I have to accept your apology.

But The canadian asshole is right. It is your fault that gw is here now :D

Warham
09-17-2007, 09:01 PM
So, you got your ass kicked and finally threw in the towel.

At least it didn't take you 7 years like it did with Chimpy and co.

So consider yourself the new and improved WARmongerer.

No, I just don't think you are worth arguing with.

Like Nick said, your a one-trick pony.

Steve Savicki
09-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions George will go down as the worst President in history.
Good to hear this from a Repub.
*group huggle for you and your friend, Roth Army huggle all around*

Nickdfresh
09-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Yes, my apologies.

It's a condition that I believe is called Own3ditis™...:)

Steve Savicki
09-17-2007, 09:30 PM

We should be pissed.

Because we can.
Hear the lion roar! Fine with me if Elly becomes moderator of this forum. Would make the Front Line interesting now.

*also extends handshake to War*

A year and 3 months before the end of Bush's reign. Come on, you Repubs can accomplish something by then just by writing and calling. ;)

Lqskdiver
09-17-2007, 10:23 PM

Don't want to take anything away from you, Elly, especially your legitimate concerns but it seems Greenspan is now backpeddling. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/16/AR2007091601287_pf.html)

He really has no reason to take anything back, if you think about it. Now that he is no longer in the administration, he could freely say what he wants. And for him to do this form detraction, means he feels he was taken out of context and needed to clarify his stance.

Warham
09-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Hmmmmm.

Hyman Roth
09-17-2007, 10:58 PM
...."[Greenspan] said. Getting rid of Hussein achieved the purpose of 'making certain that the existing system [of oil markets] continues to work'..."

I just don't see it! As we now know - just getting rid of Hussein alone
isn't going to stabilize anything!! Quite the contrary - it has
destabalized the situation. This is a lesson we should have
already learned from the break up of the former Soviet Union: that
nationalistic and even ancient hatreds that were set aside for decades
by the imposition of a "greater evil", a greater power that came along
to impose its will upon the indigineous (sp?) people, would soon re-
kindle once that power was removed.

knuckleboner
09-18-2007, 01:16 AM

actually, not quite true! (the not a liberal part.) which is kinda my whole point. even as a guy who voted gore and kerry (and webb), i just don't see impeachment as 1) practical, 2) called for given current evidence, and 3) helpful at this point in time.

doesn't mean i don't hold the bush administration in low regard, as i've always done. just means that impeachment's not the answer.

Steve Savicki
09-18-2007, 07:45 AM
George will go down as the worst President in history.
But he was never President. Dick Cheney should be putting his Metallica "Master of Puppets" CD in and singing, "Obey your master."

LoungeMachine
09-18-2007, 09:39 AM
you're right, it's not completely too late. but it's really, really close.

. this is not a 3 week deal. it will take many months.

actually, not quite true!

You know, I'd expect this kind of backpeddling and parsing of words from Warham ;) [remember him?]

I was referring to your stance, that at this point in time, where we are in the congressional calendar, THAT IT WAS ALL BUT OVER, AND A MOOT POINT.

And you said so yourself. That by the time it happened, if it happened, Chimpy would have a mere 3 months left at best.

But no, you've got to argue what the definition of the word is, is.

No. quite. true.

What does that even mean? The opposite of not. quite. false?

knuckleboner
09-18-2007, 09:47 AM
uh...i agree with everything you said, (except for the part about me being hardly a liberal.)

but yes, what is the front line if i can't argue meaningless definitions?...;)

Guitar Shark
09-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Lounge, he was simply disagreeing with your characterization of him as "hardly a Lib"...

LoungeMachine
09-18-2007, 03:05 PM
LMAO @ myself...

Sorry, kb My bad

I really was in a fog this morning.

The difference between waking up and "coming to" I guess.

More coffee before I post again, I promise

Warham
09-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Who's this Warham guy?

LoungeMachine
09-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Who's this Warham guy?

Oh, he was a classic.

You would've love this cat....

He'd backpeddle with the best of them.

Loved to pull out the but, Clinton card, and kneeled at the altar of Ronnie

:D

Was actually a nice guy when he wasnt pushing buttons and flamethrowing FAUX talking points.

Warham
09-18-2007, 03:39 PM
I can dig the Reagan affection.

Before we saw stained dresses, we use to see jelly bean jars in the Oral Office.

knuckleboner
09-18-2007, 04:39 PM
LMAO @ myself...

Sorry, kb My bad

I really was in a fog this morning.

The difference between waking up and "coming to" I guess.

More coffee before I post again, I promise

no worries! i mean, in a world where you're now rooming with War, i figured maybe the knuckleboner was in the fog, and perhaps i was a conservative...;)

EAT MY ASSHOLE
09-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Call me crazy, I agree with BoF here. It's NOT enough to sit back and say the USA has fucked up. We DO have to get out there and do our part (beyond voting every couple of years) to fix what we all have said asre mistakes and -dare I say it - evils - perpetrated by our country. Doesn't matter if you didn't vote for the man occupying the White House. Doesn't matter if you did and feel that you've been hoodwinked. Armchair politicians and apologists and complainers solve nothing. The question of what you can do for your country goes beyond paying taxes and/or having the attitude of "The government should fix this." No. WE should, step by tedious necessary step.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
09-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by WAR

Before we saw stained dresses, we use to see jelly bean jars in the Oral Office.

And shredded military documents, occupations in foreign lands, and tghe beginning of the collapse of government regulatory agencies preventing outbreaks of things ranging from recessions to e.coli outbreaks.

Oh, but jellybeans!!! You lying schmuck.

Warham
09-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
And shredded military documents, occupations in foreign lands, and tghe beginning of the collapse of government regulatory agencies preventing outbreaks of things ranging from recessions to e.coli outbreaks.

Oh, but jellybeans!!! You lying schmuck.

Every administration has their flaws, AP.

Perhaps you prefer the administration where the cabinet members stuffed highly classified documents in their underwear, and sold nuclear secrets to the Chinese.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
09-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Every administration has their flaws, AP.

Perhaps you prefer the administration where the cabinet members stuffed highly classified documents in their underwear, and sold nuclear secrets to the Chinese.

You're right. And if you look back, you'll see that I was disgusted with Sandy Berger and thought he deserved a MUCH stiffer sentence than the pat on the pinkie fingertip he got. Disgusting and unforgivable. EVERY American should demand to know what those documents contained. It's as high a crime as any commited by this administration.

That being said, I feelk it necessary to add the following: LIES!!!!

Warham
09-18-2007, 09:54 PM
I have a hard time remembering what I wrote years ago, let alone what you wrote! :)

Let's face it, all those guys are scumbags.

LoungeMachine
09-18-2007, 10:05 PM
[B]Call me crazy, I agree with BoF here. It's NOT enough to sit back and say the USA has fucked up. We DO have to get out there and do our part (beyond voting every couple of years)

Noone was arguing that point, mensa.

We were saying it's a moot point to demand impeachment at this time.

I've gone out and done my part and then some...

But I notice when pressed for details on HOW WRONG we all are on the point of impeachemnt, BOF went down like a drunken prom date, and skunked back into his hole...

Just another canuck with a chip on his shoulder.

Like we need more of those. :rolleyes:

EAT MY ASSHOLE
09-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by WAR
I have a hard time remembering what I wrote years ago, let alone what you wrote! :)

Let's face it, all those guys are scumbags.

I don't believe that. Some politicians - and I would say a majority - really do believe in serving the public interest. Ron Paul for example. He has even rejected the (fat) pension he could receive. Those who seek the highest offices, sure, there is a component of greed and megalomania more often than not, but most representatives and their aides espeically can be making far more in the private sector.

But in a world of shitbags, how big of a shitbag do you have to be to earn the nickname "Turd Blossom"?

Warham
09-18-2007, 10:08 PM
Yeah, there are some good guys in Washington, but it's like searching for a needle in a haystack...

Seshmeister
09-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by WAR

As opposed to selling their whole fucking country to the Chinese?

LoungeMachine
09-18-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

Beat me to it.

Seshmeister
09-18-2007, 10:12 PM

The difference is, Canada is not FUCKING UP the rest of the World (even if we could).

You can and are.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FONt47Z0KZg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FONt47Z0KZg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Nickdfresh
09-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by WAR

And Nancy's astrologers and wedgie boards...

EAT MY ASSHOLE
Wow. That's just...just...wow...that's just painful...

Seshmeister
I'm trying to bring down the GAY ASS star system here by constantly attacking people on both sides of every argument but does it work???:)

Nickdfresh
09-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Call me crazy, I agree with BoF here. It's NOT enough to sit back and say the USA has fucked up. We DO have to get out there and do our part (beyond voting every couple of years) to fix what we all have said asre mistakes and -dare I say it - evils - perpetrated by our country. Doesn't matter if you didn't vote for the man occupying the White House. Doesn't matter if you did and feel that you've been hoodwinked. Armchair politicians and apologists and complainers solve nothing. The question of what you can do for your country goes beyond paying taxes and/or having the attitude of "The government should fix this." No. WE should, step by tedious necessary step.

I was thinking about marching in anti-war demonstrations...

Warham
09-18-2007, 10:16 PM

We can go up and down the list of administrations and their failures.

Seshmeister
09-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Oh, he was a classic.

You would've love this cat....

Like thome but without the Iron Cross...

Warham
09-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
And Nancy's astrologers and wedgie boards...

Nothing wrong with having hobbies, is there? :)

Nickdfresh
09-18-2007, 10:20 PM
You can and are.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FONt47Z0KZg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FONt47Z0KZg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

It's um...sort of oddly compelling - like watching a fatal car accident...

Yet, somehow I was able to draw myself away and plunge a screwdriver into my eardrums so I could never hear that shit again...

Seshmeister
09-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Don't forget to do your eyes just to be on the safe side...:)

If that isn't a WMD then I don't know what is...

EAT MY ASSHOLE
09-18-2007, 10:22 PM
I was thinking about marching in anti-war demonstrations...

Window-dressing.

Nickdfresh
09-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Window-dressing.

You're not reading "Catcher in the Rye" repeatedly whilst obsessively underlining key passages are you?

And was Abbie Hoffman "window dressing?"

Nickdfresh
09-18-2007, 10:25 PM
...And besides, I might meet some hot college chicks.:)

Seshmeister
09-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Window-dressing.

Indeed.

The only way to correct the terrible ills of this world we live in is by posting thousands of inciteful solutions on a hasbeen balding rockstar fan website.

Well that's my theory anyhoo.:)

Cheers!

EAT MY ASSHOLE
09-18-2007, 10:36 PM
You're not reading "Catcher in the Rye" repeatedly whilst obsessively underlining key passages are you?

And was Abbie Hoffman "window dressing?"

Don't get the Catcher reference...did Holden Caulfield or Mrk david Chapman use the term "window-dressing"?

And yes, Abbie was COMPLETE window-dressing, albeit highly entertaining. What did he really accomplish? A diversion, much like the nude protesters at the RNC convention in NYC in '04. Made a mockery of what he believed in. No, just reading the paper each day - and not a tabloid, but the NY Times or (the possibly late) The Wall St Journal, anything that is known for its reporting and integrity, where the past couple of days OJ wasn't on the front page. Community service, donating time and money to causes, whether its the arts or the neediest. Being informed comes first. What you choose to do with that information next.

Steve Savicki
09-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Who's this Warham guy?
A figure of the past? ;) Like Steven Adler from Guns N' Roses at one time.

Nickdfresh
09-19-2007, 12:04 AM
Don't get the Catcher reference...did Holden Caulfield or Mrk david Chapman use the term "window-dressing"?

And yes, Abbie was COMPLETE window-dressing, albeit highly entertaining. What did he really accomplish? A diversion, much like the nude protesters at the RNC convention in NYC in '04. Made a mockery of what he believed in. No, just reading the paper each day - and not a tabloid, but the NY Times or (the possibly late) The Wall St Journal, anything that is known for its reporting and integrity, where the past couple of days OJ wasn't on the front page. Community service, donating time and money to causes, whether its the arts or the neediest. Being informed comes first. What you choose to do with that information next.

I do all of that to varying degrees...

But ultimately, being informed comes down to making better voting choices.

And both Sesh and AP, don't ever underestimate the power of the "wind blowin'" and getting people to see things in a different light...

Just look at War...

And the "CITR" reference was a joke since not only Chapman read it, so did Hinckley. You had me worried...:)

blonddgirl777
09-19-2007, 12:06 AM
I get angry when I see our Canadian soldiers coming back to their Moms. in boxes!

Enough with this shit!

My cousin (who's in the Army and went over there) told me to be prepared to see more and more of them since apparently, WE are on the front line these days...

:mad:
:(

Blackflag
09-19-2007, 12:50 AM

Greenspan should've said something earlier. And the difference would've been people like me who were trying to make sense of it all.

So you didn't believe generals, or a CIA officer, or Colin Powell...but you would have believed the chairman of the fed??

??

Why wasn't the surgeon general speaking out?

knuckleboner
09-19-2007, 10:01 AM
I do all of that to varying degrees...

But ultimately, being informed comes down to making better voting choices.

agreed.

but, and i can't stress this enough...it's also necessary to pay attention and participate in state and local elections.

i know a few state and local officials from my corner of the world. many of whom are good. but without the attention of the real people, it can be easy to get jaded and more self-absorbed. i mean, if you get elected by winning a 54%-46% race, where the voter turnout is only 30% of registered voters, who really helped you more: the people at large (of whom something like 10% of eligible voters supported you), or the donors?

many, if not most local officials start out good. support them...

Angel
09-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
I get angry when I see our Canadian soldiers coming back to their Moms. in boxes!

Enough with this shit!

My cousin (who's in the Army and went over there) told me to be prepared to see more and more of them since apparently, WE are on the front line these days...

:mad:
:(

We've been on the front line for quite awhile now, BG.

My son is enlisting, but I'll admit to not being overly worried. He HAS to have a dangerous job, or he gets bored. What the hell, he currently rappels (sp?) out of helicopters into raging forest fires - more deaths per annum than being in Afghanistan.

Angel
09-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Don't forget to do your eyes just to be on the safe side...:)

If that isn't a WMD then I don't know what is...

Ha ha! I can't access youtube at work, but I have a feeling that's a Celine Dione video....

Baby's On Fire
09-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Angel
We've been on the front line for quite awhile now, BG.

My son is enlisting, but I'll admit to not being overly worried. He HAS to have a dangerous job, or he gets bored. What the hell, he currently rappels (sp?) out of helicopters into raging forest fires - more deaths per annum than being in Afghanistan.

Angel,

Try to remember that only American lives matter.

The hundreds of thousands of murdered Iraqis are not important.

Only the poor American soldiers matter.

Just like only the American opinion counts. Fuck the UN and it's resolutions. And fuck paying the UN dues like the rest of us too.

The UN and the World should always do as the American government says.

Baby's On Fire
09-19-2007, 05:23 PM
So, I was right?

BTW, you keep using the word "owned".
You do realize that's a blatant banner that screams, "NET NERD" right?

Just sayin'.

Now, go learn something about your own country's government. Put the USA t-shirts away for a while, and leave us to sort out our own messes. We really don't need your help.

I agree. Sort out your own mess.

But the problem is, your government is fucking up the entire World because it doesn't give a shit about anyone or anything. The illgeal war and ensuing mass murder prove that.

And people who support that are equally guilty.

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but have you ever heard about taking responsiblty for your actions? Or is it easier to pass the buck and blame everyone else?

How about blaming the assholes people like you elected, and then re-elected (as hard as that is to believe)?

Baby's On Fire
09-19-2007, 05:34 PM

What people are not understanding about my posts is that while I am criticizing the United States government AND it's supporters, I am not crticizing Americans on the whole. It just so happens MOST Americans supported Bush not just once, but TWICE. It's mind-boggling.
And don't tell me that's not true. The monkey got elected, didn't he? (TWICE)

SOMEONE is responsible for that. Or should I say, many tens of millions of IDIOTS are responsible for that.

Step up to the plate and take responsibility for the mess you helped create not only in your own country, but around the World.

And those are the dumb fucks I am criticizng.

Hey, it's commendable certain people realize it NOW; I am simply posing the question "what took so long?" and "why are you letting it slide?".

I'm willing to bet these same people jumped on the Clinton BJ bandwagon. I'll wager big bucks on that surmise too.

Secondly, just because I am criticizing the United States government and its supporters, it does not mean I think Canada is perfecet.

Far from it. Our leaders are every bit the collective massive asshole as the United States government. The difference is, we don't cast our mess upon other nations. Even if we could, Canada would not be illegally invading other countries and committing mass murder. Not to mention using bullshit excuses as a means to control Iraqi oil.

We shit in our own backyard, not yours.

So for everyone too sensitive and narrow-minded to accept the facts, I would like to say.......FUCK YOU and stop whining. Stop making excuses and saying "but Canada......"

Get off your useles ass and take back your once-great nation.

And it was once a great nation.

Nickdfresh
09-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Angel,

The hundreds of thousands of murdered Iraqis are not important.

Just like only the American opinion counts. Fuck the UN and it's resolutions. And fuck paying the UN dues like the rest of us too.

Why don't you just cut and paste your posts and save yourself the trouble?

Baby's On Fire
09-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Noone was arguing that point, mensa.

We were saying it's a moot point to demand impeachment at this time.

I've gone out and done my part and then some...

But I notice when pressed for details on HOW WRONG we all are on the point of impeachemnt, BOF went down like a drunken prom date, and skunked back into his hole...

Just another canuck with a chip on his shoulder.

Like we need more of those. :rolleyes:

I didn't skunk back to any hole CADAVERDOG.

You got your ass HANDED to you and it's you who cannot come up with answers. I know why you like Clinton. You admire his ability to side step and argue what the definition of is, is. You've been doing that this whole thread.

How about answering a SINGLE question pumpkin?

Your true lack of real depth is shining through. When you can't bully, you have nothing to stand on.

After you wipe away your tears, think of your owning as a learning expericne.

Come back when you're ready to pt up at least a feeble fight. Which is more than you're doing now.

What stopped YOU from demanding the impeachment of Chimpy? Answer that for me sunshine.

Baby's On Fire
09-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Why don't you just cut and paste your posts and save yourself the trouble?

The point I make about American government arrogance has wide relevance.

Instead of blaming me, why not blame your government? I simply am telling the truth from the perspective of elsewhere in the world.

Sorry if the truth hurts, but it isn't my fault.

Dude, why do you think most terrorist aggression is against the United States? And don't give me the BCE horseshit answer "because they resent our freedoms".

They resent your BULLYING. Not to mention the hypocrisy.

Steve Savicki
09-19-2007, 06:11 PM
And on top of today's Wall Street Journal: Cheney- Greenspan wrong on Bush-

you debate

Baby's On Fire
09-19-2007, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't take anything Dickhead Cheney says as the truth.

This is the guy who STILL insists Iraq had WMDs.

He and Rumsfeld. "Well, there SOMEWHERE to the north, east, west and south of Baghdad". LMAO!

If you go far enough east or west you come to the United States. So maybe Rummy was right.

Darth is more adamant about that than monkey is about "staying the course" to defeat the evil "terraists" and the "axis of evil".

The axis of evil is Monkey, Darth and fucking Rumsfeld.

Hyman Roth
09-19-2007, 06:29 PM

How about answering a SINGLE question pumpkin?

Your questions are built on premises of twigs, tin, crate paper and mud that rest on the catacombs of millions of the ignorant and uninformed - catacombs in a sour mash of slop, feculence, and slime.*

* Some of the abovel description is an interpretation of from certain phrasings that can be found in the works of Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. and is used here exclusively for educational purposes.

Baby's On Fire
09-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Your questions are built on premises of twigs, tin, crate paper and mud that rest on the catacombs of millions of the ignorant and uninformed - catacombs in a sour mash of slop, feculence, and slime.*

* Some of the abovel description is an interpretation of from certain phrasings that can be found in the works of Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. and is used her exclusively for educational purposes.

Translation: I have no answer at all that makes anything close to intelligent sense to any of the questions posed, and I will make any and every excuse possible to deflect the question and hope no one will notice".

Great job HYMEN. A true coward who cannot defend his position.

Now, answer even one question with an intelligent response. Actually, with you being you I'll be nice. Make it at least semi-intelligent, and I'll give you an A for effort.

I wouldn't expect anything more from you.

Go.

Warham
09-19-2007, 06:36 PM
So for everyone too sensitive and narrow-minded to accept the facts, I would like to say.......FUCK YOU and stop whining. Stop making excuses and saying "but Canada......"

Get off your useles ass and take back your once-great nation.

And it was once a great nation.

No, I don't think I ever blamed Canada for anything. In fact, I hardly bring up Canada at all unless some knucklehead from there makes himself look foolish in this forum.

The US is STILL a great nation.

Baby's On Fire
09-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by WAR
No, I don't think I ever blamed Canada for anything. In fact, I hardly bring up Canada at all unless some knucklehead from there makes himself look foolish in this forum.

The US is STILL a great nation.

What's great about it presently?

This outta be good.

Warham
09-19-2007, 06:39 PM
What's great about it presently?

This outta be good.

You are dumb.

What's great about Canada?

Hyman Roth
09-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Translation: I have no answer at all that makes anything close to intelligent sense to any of the questions posed, and I will make any and every excuse possible to deflect the question and hope no one will notice".

Great job HYMEN. A true coward who cannot defend his position.

Now, answer even one question with an intelligent response. Actually, with you being you I'll be nice. Make it at least semi-intelligent, and I'll give you an A for effort.

I wouldn't expect anything more from you.

Go.

Is this personal to you? Is that what this is all aboot? Why do you feel the need to lash out with a personal attack in response to my post? I was talking about your specific (or rather inspecific) questions and premises in my post. I don't even know you aside from 300 words I read on the internets...

Is this how civil debate is carried out in Ca-minge-ada? I'll concede that I really don't know. But you sure are giving me an impression here - and I am no Canadian basher - ask around, eh? And you call yourself a Canadian....you're not even wearing a touque while you post. :rolleyes:

Baby's On Fire
09-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by WAR
You are dumb.

What's great about Canada?

As if I needed more examples, but another sidestep to a simple question.

I'm still waiting.

Then I will tell you what's great about Canada. Despite it not being relevant to this thread.

So let's go. Put your thinking cap on.

Angel
09-19-2007, 07:06 PM
His parents never taught him about that wonderful Canadian trait - politeness.

You want to know how debate is carried out up here, honey? The same way it is down there!

Fuck, we're more similar than we are different - and you KNOW that I am one fucking proud Canuck!

... and yes, I have my touque on. :p

Baby's On Fire
09-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Is this personal to you? Is that what this is all aboot? Why do you feel the need to lash out with a personal attack in response to my post? I was talking about your specific (or rather inspecific) questions and premises in my post. I don't even know you aside from 300 words I read on the internets...

Is this how civil debate is carried out in Ca-minge-ada? I'll concede that I really don't know. But you sure are giving me an impression here - and I am no Canadian basher - ask around, eh? And you call yourself a Canadian....you're not even wearing a touque while you post. :rolleyes:

Because you're avoiding the topic at hand and diverting attenton away from the thread topic.

READ my posts objectively and you will see it has nothing to do with bashing American people, just the majority who voted in the current war criminals (Twice I have to emphasize).

And to anyone justifying it.

Angel
09-19-2007, 07:10 PM
"Canada is like that kid in school that everybody pretty much ignored, but at the same time was smart enough to be able to explain what the other students missed in class. Not always noticed, or even heard, but there and quietly successful in our own way."

Baby's On Fire
09-19-2007, 07:17 PM
His parents never taught him about that wonderful Canadian trait - politeness.

You want to know how debate is carried out up here, honey? The same way it is down there!

Fuck, we're more similar than we are different - and you KNOW that I am one fucking proud Canuck!

... and yes, I have my touque on. :p

Angel,

Essentially what we have on this thread are people who like to complain about Bush, even though most of them voted him in. But that's cool. We all make mistakes.

But, these same people not only pass the buck, which is also okay, but when pressed for explanations, THEY who begin the attacks.

None of them have intelligent answers, only "but Canada".

Canada is not the topic of this thread. I will be happy to crticize Canada if someone starts the right thread.

But I'm sick of these excuses by peope who refuse to accept responsibility for what their country has done in the World, and who try to deflect the topic with "but Canada". Or otherwise make ecuses for they didn't act.

And when you rollover and make nice just for the sake of making nice, you support the stereotype these people have not just of Canada, but the rest of the World. Which is: "they're not important unless they are American".

You said it yourself previously. Show me a story where the mainstream American media acknowledged the death of Canadian soldiers DEFENDING the United States. Not to mention that many of these deaths were caused by American soldiers in so-called friendly fire.

But nah. "America can do no wrong".

Hyman Roth
09-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Because you're avoiding the topic at hand and diverting attenton away from the thread topic.

READ my posts objectively and you will see it has nothing to do with bashing American people, just the majority who voted in the current war criminals (Twice I have to emphasize).

And to anyone justifying it.

http://e.photos.cx/01c-00f.jpg

"What's your fucking question?"

Hyman Roth
09-19-2007, 07:34 PM
... Show me a story where the mainstream American media acknowledged the death of Canadian soldiers DEFENDING the United States. Not to mention that many of these deaths were caused by American soldiers in so-called friendly fire.

5 so far, apparently. God rest their souls and bring peace to their families.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/24/AR2007082400575.html

Steve Savicki
09-19-2007, 09:30 PM
I wouldn't take anything Dickhead Cheney says as the truth.
Yeah, my point was Cheney took that way out because it's the ONLY way out at this point.
What else could he have said that would even be the slightest convincing?

ODShowtime
09-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by an ignorant asshole
Angel,

That's it. I've fucking had it. Shut the fuck up you stupid cocksmoking fuckhole.

If it wasn't for the US there would be no UN! John D. Rockefeller, Jr., an AMERICAN donated the land!

We used to contribute 25% or more every year to the UN's budget. So what if we stopped paying a few years ago? From 1946 until 1995 we paid more than any other country.

Here's payments and debt owed compared to other countries:

http://www.globalpolicy.org/finance/tables/reg-budget/large07.gif

Now what makes you think the US should owe so much when we helped make the goddamned thing, funded the shit our of it, and we have to put up the place too? AND they're constantly vetoing our shit. What a selfish asshole you are. Thanks for telling us how our government should spend our money! :rolleyes:

And coming back to the no UN without US argument, If the United States of America hadn't come in and saved you and the brits from germany, we'd all be speaking german!

Oh yeah, canada helped out. Tons of your citizens died in that honorable cause. God bless their souls. But guess what you half-breed, frog eating, frozen hillbilly (I always loved that), 12% of US citizens served in the war effort. Guess how many Canadians did.... 9.7%.

So there would be no UN without the US, which resides in one of our main cities. I'm all for turning the place into a giant TGI Fridays myself. Fuck all you ingrates.

Now shut the fuck up about paying UN dues or obeying UN laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_population_of_Canada_by_years#1940.27s
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations#Headquarters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Canada_during_the_Second_World _War
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_the_United_States_during_World _War_II
http://www.historybuff.com/states/usa.html
http://www.globalpolicy.org/finance/tables/index.htm

Warham
09-19-2007, 11:02 PM
PWNED!

LoungeMachine
09-20-2007, 01:01 AM
I'd like Babys a Liar to post one single link to a quote where ANY of us EVER said "America can do no wrong"

What a fucking troll.

Straw man argument, you fucking dolt.

We've been listing the ills within this country because of this administration from the begining.

Your contention that we're somehow not doing enough to rid ourselves of this administration is fucking laughable.

Fuck you.

At the end of the day, this country may have some serious issues to deal with, but it stillbeats the fuck out of living anywhere else. I know, I've travelled the world. Many beautiful places to visit, but this is home.

And we WILL take our country back.

And you'll still live somewhere where your greatest achievements is when you've almost copied one of our creations. [i.e. canadian football???? lmao]

And trying to bait me by claiming I ever support Bush/Cheney shows just how desperate you are for our attention.

April Wine and Triumph?

FORD
09-20-2007, 01:34 AM
Hey, now April Wine and Triumph had some great songs back in the day. At least 2 or 3 each anyway.......

If you want to ridicule Canadian bands, there's always Platinum Blonde. Or Glass Tiger. Or Chilliwack.

Angel
09-20-2007, 10:11 AM
5 so far, apparently. God rest their souls and bring peace to their families.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/24/AR2007082400575.html

Ummmm Hyman, that article is about BRITISH soldiers, not Canadian...

and there have been more than 5. There were 4 at once, for which the American soldiers involved were prosecuted... although they DID not get the sentences they deserved, in my opinion.

Angel
09-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
[B]Oh yeah, canada helped out. Tons of your citizens died in that honorable cause. God bless their souls. But guess what you half-breed, frog eating, frozen hillbilly (I always loved that), 12% of US citizens served in the war effort. Guess how many Canadians did.... 9.7%.

WRONG - Over 40% of our male population served in WWII.

http://www.wwii.ca/page7.html

scamper
09-20-2007, 12:05 PM

I hate to bring up the past but didn't Clinton sign the free trade document with China?

Hyman Roth
09-20-2007, 01:10 PM
Ummmm Hyman, that article is about BRITISH soldiers, not Canadian...

and there have been more than 5. There were 4 at once, for which the American soldiers involved were prosecuted... although they DID not get the sentences they deserved, in my opinion.

Yes, love, but that's just if you read the headline. You will find the statistic and the reference I quote when you read the article.

;)

Howsit goin', eh?

Angel
09-20-2007, 02:03 PM
;)

Howsit goin', eh?

Very well, thank you for asking. Now THAT'S how a Canuck is SUPPOSED to talk. :D

Ya fuckin' hoser! ;)

Nickdfresh
09-20-2007, 02:13 PM

Between 18 and 45 that is, which puts them roughly with everyone else...

Angel
09-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Supposedly between 18 & 45. There were a lot that lied about their age to get in.

ODShowtime
09-20-2007, 08:55 PM

No, there's no "WRONG" hun.

Go read the sources I quoted and crunch the numbers. You can dispute wikipedia if you want, but my figures are sound. I found the number of servicemen from each country and divided them by their populations in 1940. I thought I was going the extra mile by quoting those percentages instead of sheer numbers (US contributed 16 million to Canada's one million if I recall correctly)

Thank you for not disputing anything else in my tirade since it wasn't directed towards all you decent canadians that I have respect for.

Nickdfresh
09-21-2007, 12:01 AM
Supposedly between 18 & 45. There were a lot that lied about their age to get in.

Don't we all (when it comes to pussy)?:)

Angel
09-21-2007, 12:45 AM
Hey. the pussy lies too. ;)

Nickdfresh
09-21-2007, 01:26 AM
Indeed. Does it ever....

hideyoursheep
08-30-2009, 10:33 PM
We should be pissed.

Because we can.

One thing I've noticed...

Rather pro-Iraq war because of what they've been led to believe, or anti-health care reform because of what they've been led to believe...

Conservatives are gullible.

When will they learn?

sadaist
08-31-2009, 12:19 AM

Conservatives are gullible.

Wasn't it the Liberals that were tricked into voting for the Iraq war? And according to them, by an idiot President no less.

GAR
08-31-2009, 05:15 AM
anti-health care reform because of what they've been led to believe... Conservatives are gullible.

When will they learn?

Why don't you pay for free health insurance for everybody? The US GNP isn't large enough, and we just got defecit-spend into the next decade so there are no reserves to speak of - or even "project-surplus" spend on it as the Dems like to do.

There's no money for it, and calling it "reform" isn't fooling anybody. It's a lie.

Fix the pyramid scam of SS and Medicare FIRST - that's gonna show the taxpayer a third tier of medical entitlements will function also.

hideyoursheep
08-31-2009, 05:43 AM
Why don't you pay for free health insurance for everybody?

Everybody doesn't HAVE health insurance, you buffoon.

The US GNP isn't large enough, and we just got defecit-spend into the next decade so there are no reserves to speak of - or even "project-surplus" spend on it as the Dems like to do.

There's no money for it, and calling it "reform" isn't fooling anybody. It's a lie..

If you're gonna be LIED to about why our country should deficit spend on the Iraq invasion/ occupation, how it's going to be paid for, or why shyster bankers/ loan companies that sprouted out of nowhere to disembowel the housing market by inflating the true value of refinanced homes that can't be paid for by the laid-off homeowners, that in turn led to a BAILOUT that they didn't deserve but we could see coming, that's when you start protesting and carring signs. You wait until something MIGHT be done for the less fortunate of THIS country before you decide to look at the account balance?

NOW you wanna cry foul?

FUCK OFF.

You need to choose your battles a little more carefully, dick.. That is the whole point in necoposting this thread.

hideyoursheep
08-31-2009, 05:47 AM
Wasn't it the Liberals that were tricked into voting for the Iraq war? And according to them, by an idiot President no less.

By liberals you mean Democrats?

Because I myself don't fit snugly into either category....

sadaist
08-31-2009, 06:38 AM
Because I myself don't fit snugly ....

Hmmmm. Maybe this will help.

http://www.menshealthcustomerjournal.info/extenze.jpg

Nickdfresh
08-31-2009, 07:04 AM

Tricked? More like goaded into with Hitlerian scare tactics and lies. And not all liberals voted for it...