PDA

View Full Version : Neck thru strat

doctor roth
09-17-2007, 06:39 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/STRATOCASTER-NECK-THRU-GUITAR-Maple-Neck-Rosewood-Body_W0QQitemZ290160899930QQihZ019QQcategoryZ38082 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know one of you jerks might buy this on me :D, but you'll probably save me some coin. stubled across it yesterday. Kinda hard to tell if its all been done properly from the photos and so forth. But could be kinda cool. Any thoughts ?? I was a bit iffy on the neck where it meets the body looks like it may have been screwed up, but Im no expert.

VAiN
09-17-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm no expert... but isn't the point of having the neck go through the body not to have a huge heel where the neck would bolt-on? This thing looks like it would be a real pain in the ass to play the upper frets. I'd pass on it for sure.

Nitro Express
09-18-2007, 03:21 AM
PASS. It's just plain fucking ugly!

Hardrock69
09-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Why pass on it? It is not even done!

That is what the point of it is....YOU have to finish it. Including sanding the heel down to wherever you want it.

I think with some high-gloss clear and a good sanding down it would look pretty groovy.

But I would not want it, because I prefer black or white guitars.

Nitro Express
09-19-2007, 06:56 PM
I've gotten great sustain out of bolt on necks. The trick is to clean out the neck pocket. I go in there and sand all the paint out to where it's just bare wood. Then make sure the neck heel is clean with no stickers or tape. I wax up the neck join screws with some parafin wax and start them in I torque them down in a zig zag pattern like you do a car wheel so the torgue is even.

With a good piece of wood that baby will sustain as good as any glued on or nec through body guitar.