PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what bass rig Wolfie is playing through

Nitro Express
09-19-2007, 10:25 PM
All you see up on Wolf's side of the stage are his dad's EVH Signature stacks and I doubt the kid is using those.

Is he just going preamp to the mixing consol board?

jhale667
09-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

Is he just going preamp to the mixing consol board?

I seriously doubt that...

rocknrolldork
09-20-2007, 08:51 AM
What's the range on the EVH cabs? He may be playing through them and the EVH head for that matter. I bet he's not but it is possible. I'm using a guitar head right now while my Ampeg is getting repaired.

BrownSound1
09-21-2007, 12:01 AM
The EVH cabs are loaded with Celestion Greenbacks that have an EVH Celestion label on them. :D 100 watt cabs, so you be the judge. ;)

Nitro Express
09-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by rocknrolldork
What's the range on the EVH cabs? He may be playing through them and the EVH head for that matter. I bet he's not but it is possible. I'm using a guitar head right now while my Ampeg is getting repaired.

I use a Sovtek Mig 50 which is a Fender Bassman copy. The Bassman was originally a bass amp but guitar players liked it. I think it sounds great with both and it's cool to have an amp that can do double duty. If I was a SVT vibe I run a SansAmp tube emulator bass preamp infront and use the line out to the PA if needed.

I'm just using a 8 watt Epiphone tube amp for my practice rig. It's a guitar amp but sounds great with either my Jack Casady Signature or Spector basses. It actually sounds like shit with a guitar unless you use a peddle. LOL!

Nitro Express
09-22-2007, 12:38 PM
I've even ran the Sansamp into the return input on my 5150 head running an Avatar 4x10 speaker cab. Why I do this is the 5150 has a neat ressonance control that you can tighten or loosen the bottom end. It's great for bass or guitar. If you bypass the preamp, you just have an A/B 120 watt tube power amp with killer presence and ressonance controls. So hell, maybe Wolfie is using daddy's amp. LOL!

Redballjets88
09-22-2007, 01:05 PM
he will probably be using some top of the line ampeg stuff, or thet will run him through the arena sound system.

Nitro Express
09-25-2007, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
he will probably be using some top of the line ampeg stuff, or thet will run him through the arena sound system.

Geddy Lee's rig on the last Rush tour was simple. He used a Sans Amp for his driven SVT sounds going through a simple preamp into a Palmer Speaker Emulatior. Everything went direct to the mixer and he only used some Trace Elliot stuff onstage for his monitors.

He said his dirty growl sound is all Sans Amp to the board now. The best sound I have gotten is running a Sans Amp through a silver faced Fender Bassman 100. It sounds like an SVT with the Sans Amp on and I love the Bassman 100 alone for a smooterh sound.

I'm using a Jack Casady signature bass with his pickup on it and it's killer for these old tube heads. The good SVT amps cost a fortune now but a good Fender with a Sans Amp sounds amazing.

rocknrolldork
09-25-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Nitro ExpressThe best sound I have gotten is running a Sans Amp through a silver faced Fender Bassman 100. It sounds like an SVT with the Sans Amp on and I love the Bassman 100 alone for a smooterh sound.

I have a 69 Super Bassman head. I love it for guitar and it gets a fantastic John Paul Jones sound with my Jazz bass and Ampeg 8 x 10 cab. I think it's about the same as the Bassman 100.

Nitro Express
09-26-2007, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by rocknrolldork
I have a 69 Super Bassman head. I love it for guitar and it gets a fantastic John Paul Jones sound with my Jazz bass and Ampeg 8 x 10 cab. I think it's about the same as the Bassman 100.

Yeah, you can't go wrong with those old Bassmans for either bass or guitar. The Ampeg SVT became the shit because it was 300 watts in one box and it had the sound. A great amp and I'm not knocking the SVT but if you want that sound, you can get it with a Bassman or Dual Showman and a Sans Amp.

I'm almost half tempted to build me a Metropolos Super Bass kit now.

Seshmeister
09-26-2007, 08:15 AM
http://www.industrialandmarine.com/hat.jpg

ELVIS
09-26-2007, 09:23 PM
:D

ELVIS
09-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
It actually sounds like shit with a guitar unless you use a peddle. LOL!

PETAL!

:D

Nitro Express
09-27-2007, 03:24 AM
No. Pedal! :D

Nitro Express
09-27-2007, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
http://www.industrialandmarine.com/hat.jpg

Hmmmm. The Ultrahat Pro does it all?

ELVIS
09-27-2007, 03:36 AM
Why would you want to process a hat ??

Nitro Express
09-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Why would you want to process a hat ??

I have no idea. There's an upscale western wear store here that will steam and reshape your hat for you. The best ones are made from beaver felt. Nothing like getting a beaver nice, hot, and wet and then stroking it with your fingers hoping that something good will happen from it!