PDA

View Full Version : Bush Blogs Baghdad

LoungeMachine
09-20-2007, 01:25 AM
President Bush blogs Baghdad
By Alex Spillius
Last Updated: 2:06am BST 20/09/2007

President George W Bush has told US troops in Iraq that he would like to serve with them but he is too old.

He made the remarks by video link from the White House to bloggers at a military base outside Baghdad and to pro-war bloggers sitting alongside him.

NZ, one of the bloggers who met the president, reported: "He said he'd like to be in Iraq but, 'One, I'm too old to be out there, and two, they would notice me'."

Dan Froomkin of Washingtonpost.com criticised Bush's "misguided sense of bravado".

"This would not be the first time he has appeared unaware of the hardships his war has caused American troops," he wrote.

LoungeMachine
09-20-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
President George W Bush has told US troops in Iraq that he would like to serve with them but he is too old.

Send your twins then....

FORD
09-20-2007, 04:25 AM
Actually, I believe Chimpy still owes the National Guard the 18 months of time that he skipped out on in the early 70's.

And since he's the one who decided the National Guard should fight foreign wars now, then it seems reasonable that Lt. Chimp serves the rest of his commitment in Iraq.

Warham
09-20-2007, 07:02 AM
I think he's still got that flight suit sitting in his closet.

Nickdfresh
09-20-2007, 08:03 AM
What's the matter old man? can't take a road side bomb as well as any 20 or 30-something?

BITEYOASS
09-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Coulda, woulda, shoulda don't mean shit! :mad:

EAT MY ASSHOLE
09-20-2007, 08:13 PM

Wasn't this Warham's old excuse whenever he'd be taken to task for his hawkish stance back in 04-05?

that being said, no matter how heartfelt the statement, it still sounds pretty shitty: "Wish I could be there with ya, but I'm out here making sure the secret service carves out my new daily bike path and golfing."

Warham
09-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
Wasn't this Warham's old excuse whenever he'd be taken to task for his hawkish stance back in 04-05?

No, it wasn't, but I like that word 'hawkish'.

Nickdfresh
09-20-2007, 08:39 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Nickdfresh/chickenhawk.jpg
"Yeah, I'd sure like to help you fellers, but I got these there hemorrhoids from having the oil industry up my asshole"...

Steve Savicki
09-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Actually, I believe Chimpy still owes the National Guard the 18 months of time that he skipped out on in the early 70's.

And since he's the one who decided the National Guard should fight foreign wars now, then it seems reasonable that Lt. Chimp serves the rest of his commitment in Iraq.
Sounds fair to me.

thome
09-20-2007, 09:14 PM
I'll go in his place, if it ever came to the Pres having to bear arms to defend my right to live free. I will stand up first.... any president.

You all should say the same thing you are the ones who should take the time to insert your own names into the next two sentences in-place of Bush.

Seems you all may be blinded by the light of your own arrogance.hmmmm?

Dan Froomkin of Washingtonpost.com criticised THE FRONT LINE WARRIORS "misguided sense of bravado".

"This would not be the first time THE FRONT LINE WARRIORS has appeared unaware of the hardships his war has caused American troops," he wrote

HEY FROOMKIN FUUUUUUUUUUUKKKK YOU MUTHER FUKKER!!!!!!!!

LoungeMachine
09-20-2007, 09:46 PM
God damn you give me a fucking headache with every fucking post.

I'd personally pay your airfare, and throw in a case of Schmidt or Pabst if you went

anywhere.

:gulp:

thome
09-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Don't mess w/ me man I just ate one firecracker THE ORIGINAL

And I'm finn'n to eat a Tijuans MAMA dime store sausages pickled and colored with FD&C Red #5.

Then I'm gonna light up a smoke so I wont be around too much longer.

Look, Bush has trouble getting his mouth to move as fast as his brain.

I can't get my brain to catch up.

As just a regular guy what do you say to a solgier.(Who I believe Bush was trying to be in this sitch ).

I spoke with a active duty staff sargent a few weeks ago and my last sentence was as I shook his hand, "Make your presence know."In reff to his return to Bagdad.

What I meant was "In time thru all of your hard work and sacrifice and service to our country, we will create a feeling within these people that thru all of our harships we will one day find away thru contact and the free expresion of ideas find away to live in a peace that will be acceptable.
By your sarifice and duty to what you believe in by -Being There -we will be justified in our actions.

Instead of just saying keep your head down.

Make your presence known, sounds like stick there like a ground hog and wait to get your head blown off.

Night Sweats dude Night Sweats.

Baby's On Fire
09-21-2007, 06:21 PM
President Bush blogs Baghdad
By Alex Spillius
Last Updated: 2:06am BST 20/09/2007

He made the remarks by video link from the White House to bloggers at a military base outside Baghdad and to pro-war bloggers sitting alongside him.

NZ, one of the bloggers who met the president, reported: "He said he'd like to be in Iraq but, 'One, I'm too old to be out there, and two, they would notice me'."

Dan Froomkin of Washingtonpost.com criticised Bush's "misguided sense of bravado".

"This would not be the first time he has appeared unaware of the hardships his war has caused American troops," he wrote.

Someone should hand him a rifle, put a big bullseye on his forehead, and throw him in the middle of Baghdad.