PDA

View Full Version : Death Proof!

Douglas T.
09-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Freakin' crazy ... now that's entertainment. If you like wild and crazy check this one out at your local video store today! The trailer for this movie is a spoiler so try to avoid that! This one won't ruin the fun for ya! This is a cool song toooooo!<br>

"Don't be a dick or your liable to get licked!" That's what it sounds like she says but NOT!

<i>hang up the chick habit
hang it up, daddy,
you're just jonesing for a spill

oh, how your bubble's gonna burst
when you meet another nurse
she'll be driving in a hearse

you're gonna need a heap of glue
when they all catch up with you
and they cut you up in two

now your ears are ringing
the birds have stopped their singing
everything is turning grey

no candy in your till
no cutie left to thrill
you're alone on a tuesday

hang up the chick habit
hang it up, daddy,
or you'll be alone in a quick
hang up the chick habit
hang it up, daddy,
or you'll never get another fix

i'm telling you it's not a trick
pay attention, don't be thick
or you're liable to get licked

you're gonna see the reason why
when they're spitting in your eye
they'll be spitting in your eye

hang up the chick habit
hang it up, daddy,
or you'll be alone in a quick
hang up the chick habit
hang it up, daddy,
or you'll never get another fix

i'm telling you it's not a trick
pay attention, don't be thick
or you're liable to get licked

you're gonna see the reason why
when they're spitting in your eye
they'll be spitting in your eye

hang up the chick habit
hang it up, daddy,
a girl's not a tonic or a pill
</i>

!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u0fDnZEacmA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u0fDnZEacmA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Redballjets88
09-23-2007, 01:45 PM
I really wish they would have released a"Grindhouse" DVD not the two grindhouse movies seperatly. Im not going to buy until they do.

Douglas T.
09-23-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm sure they'll release a pricey box set.

Redballjets88
09-23-2007, 01:56 PM
the box set wont be over 45 which is about how much buying them seperate would be with tax.

bantonelli
09-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
I really wish they would have released a"Grindhouse" DVD not the two grindhouse movies seperatly. Im not going to buy until they do.

It was the most fun seeing this double-header rolled into one at the movie theatre.

What's the point of selling this separately? The fake trailers between the two movies are hilarious and it really is ONE movie when released in the theatres.

I'll purchase when it's sold as the original format like Redball suggests. But you're right, Doug T. - these two movies are GREAT! :cool:

Douglas T.
09-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
the box set wont be over 45 which is about how much buying them seperate would be with tax.

I usually just rent and occasionally burn! And for rentals for the last few years I've used my credit card rewards points for a year free unlimited rentals. :D

Douglas T.
09-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli

I'll purchase when it's sold as the original format like Redball suggests. But you're right, Doug T. - these two movies are GREAT! :cool:

Didn't get to see them in the theaters. I was just glad to have a kickass movie to watch last night because tonight it's downtown front row center for ANNIE the MUSICAL !!!

bantonelli
09-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
Didn't get to see them in the theaters. I was just glad to have a kickass movie to watch last night because tonight it's downtown front row center for ANNIE the MUSICAL !!!

As in "Tomorrow, Tomorrow...I'll Love ya, Tomorrow" ANNIE ? That should be sweet musical.

In regards to Death Proof, I REALLY liked "Planet Terror" that is the first of the two Grindhouse movies merged together. It's got Bruce Willis playing a minor part and Josh Brolin playing the main character...it's action packed and consumes some of your adrenaline. By the time "Death Proof" begins, you are craving more of the "Planet Terror" type action. You've got to check it out if you like zombies, blood and gore...Rose McGowan uses her leg as a machine gun. It's crazy fun! :D

Douglas T.
09-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Yes .. TOMORROW TOMORROW!! That's what I'll be singing! Wishing it was tommorow!

Douglas T.
09-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
As in "Tomorrow, Tomorrow...I'll Love ya, Tomorrow" ANNIE ? :D

I guess bringing a doobie to share with the crowd around me is out of the question!?

WARF
09-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Planet terror rocked!!!

Death Proof sucked ass!!!

Douglas T.
09-23-2007, 02:54 PM
Hey ... when I want your opinion ... ;)

Redballjets88
09-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by WARF
Planet terror rocked!!!

Death Proof sucked ass!!!

yeah, death proof was boring for the most part. Planet Terror kicked ass.

Douglas T.
09-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Yes ... that is did ... lay low for the first half then the fun began! I can't wait to see the other!

Hardrock69
09-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Death Proof was ok in my opinion, but what bothered the hell out of me was the destruction of the car.

That fucking car was SWEET!
:(

As for Planet Terror, at one point the heroine starts kissing on the hero. I leaned over to my friend I was with in the theater and whispered "I want to see that table leg waving in the air".

A few seconds later, my wish was granted lol.

:D

bueno bob
09-24-2007, 11:51 AM
The reason they're releasing them separately is because the Grindhouse double feature tanked in the theaters and they're basically hoping to do a little better with it. I believe it was released over in Europe as two separate movies.

By and large, I loved Grindhouse! The main issue I had with Death Proof was that it took an AWFULLY long time in getting to the point...which was the ENTIRE POINT of old B grade shock/exploitation films of that genre, many of them were bogged down in useless dialogue and scenes that just didn't go anywhere.

And I have to agree...watching The Duck get creamed was FUCKING PAINFUL and made me hate Quentin just a wee little bit... :mad:

In any regards, they're making a full length feature of "Machete" with Cheech Marin, Danny Trejo and Jeff Fahey...that should prove amusing...

I'd really prefer seeing "Don't!" and "Thanksgiving" made into full length films as well, though..."Thanksgiving" is just so rooted in the early to mid '80's "April Fools Day" B horror-esque schtick it made me feel 13 again and "Don't!"...that looked like potentially the singularly most BRUTAL haunted house story ever...if that's what it was, it was hard to discern what the plot could possibly be between the screaming, decapitations, and other excessive gore...

jharp84
10-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Just saw "Death Proof"... Fuckin AWESOME!! Love tarantino. love russell, love female legs and feets(mispelled on purpose!), Need more, watch the extra's! There just as good!! BTW Horshite games on tv! Sunday morning brakefast(mispelled on purpose!) with Death-Proof and cheap whiskey/diet-NON-CAFFEINE pepsi or COKE(not my drug dealer's kind!) PRICELESS!!

jharp84
10-07-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm postin this again 'cause it was so fuckin awesome' People - If ya like VH , you'll like this flick!! See it soon! Quentin - where's my cut bra!! jUICE

jharp84
10-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Let's see the rentals folks!! I ain't BULLSHITTIN HERE!!

jharp84
10-08-2007, 05:42 PM
I AIN'T SEEING THE FUCKIN RENTALS YET MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS! GET THE FUCK OUT THERE NOW! RENT THIS MOVIE! DRINK/GET STONED! AND THANK ME LATER!! WTF!!

jharp84
10-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Oh!! And BTW! LADIES! HOT MF-IN BABES OF THIS SITE! THIS IS A "CHICK" MOVIE THAT THE GUYS WILL DIG!!

jharp84
10-08-2007, 08:44 PM
I have an idea here gang! Whoever isn't "employed w/great X-citement" on the monday night football game - whoever is playing whoever? I am still trying to re-trace steps of last night's MAJOR VICTORY for us BEAR FANS here tonight!! Go out - Yes I know everybody's kinda "comfy" right now (except my soon to be ex-wife who just ventured out on her 2nd internet date of the day!) But I said I wouldn't go there anymore! Didn't I!! GO RENT THE FUCKIN MOVIE NOW!! DEATH-PROOF!!! Send me money later, after it's your new fave!! JUICE - MUDDA FUCKIN - CRELL!!

NATEDOG001976
10-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Yes rent this movie! Grade A++

Kurt R. was fuckin' funny as hell in this movie "Stunt show Mike" with the Icy Hot jacket..lol.

Nice tail in the flick too!

ODShowtime
10-10-2007, 10:13 PM
so is this release expanded over the grindhouse version?

jharp84
10-10-2007, 10:21 PM
I have no idea on the "expanded part" But I will say "IT KICKED ASS" AND WATCH ALL THE EXTRA'S AS WELL! FUCKIN Q & KURT & "THE BABES! I LOVE ZOE!!

NATEDOG001976
10-11-2007, 01:27 AM
Good movie. I want to have sex with all 6 girls. EI...the cheerleader!

jharp84
10-11-2007, 01:29 AM
MY BADASS BRO UP_NORTH! OUR TEAMS PLAY THIS SUNDAY! WTF?? JUice

NATEDOG001976
10-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by jharp84
MY BADASS BRO UP_NORTH! OUR TEAMS PLAY THIS SUNDAY! WTF?? JUice

Yeah, I know. Atleast the Vikes "D" is decent!

jharp84
10-11-2007, 01:49 AM
We shall see! I ain't gonna piss over this! Gotta get sleep now! All is well in VH/2007 land!! Take it Easy! NAte!

NATEDOG001976
10-11-2007, 12:52 PM
KILL DA BEARS!

jharp84
10-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
KILL DA BEARS!

Sorry! Mr. NATHAN! I just saw this! Now I have motivation for a little wager! :mad2: well! are ya ready to get the wallet out?