PDA

View Full Version : Bill O'Reilly: Racist Dumbass

FORD
09-26-2007, 04:46 AM
Bill O'Reilly's comments about Harlem restaurant draw fire

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q84eSxIiKqc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q84eSxIiKqc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

By David Bauder, Associated Press
NEW YORK — After eating dinner at a famed Harlem restaurant recently, Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly told a radio audience he "couldn't get over the fact" that there was no difference between the black-run Sylvia's and other restaurants.

"It was like going into an Italian restaurant in an all-white suburb in the sense of people were sitting there, and they were ordering and having fun," he said. "And there wasn't any kind of craziness at all."

O'Reilly said his fellow patrons were tremendously respectful as he ate dinner with civil rights activist Al Sharpton.

The comments were made during O'Reilly's nationally syndicated radio broadcast last week. The liberal media watchdog Media Matters for America called attention to them by distributing a transcript and audio clip on the Internet.

"This is nothing more than left-wing outlets stirring up false racism accusations for ratings," said Bill Shine, senior vice president for programming at Fox News Channel. "It's sad."

O'Reilly spoke during a general discussion about racial relations with Fox News analyst Juan Williams. O'Reilly said he believed black Americans were "starting to think more and more for themselves" and backing away from a race-based culture encouraged by Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

He said he treated Sharpton to dinner to thank him for appearing on his Fox News Channel show.

O'Reilly pointed to the lack of difference between Sylvia's and other restaurants as a marker of racial progress. He also noted that he went to an Anita Baker concert recently where the audience was evenly mixed between blacks and whites.

"The band was excellent, but they were dressed in tuxedoes, and this is what white America doesn't know, particularly people who don't have a lot of interaction with black Americans," he said. "They think the culture is dominated by Twista, Ludacris and Snoop Dogg."

Williams concurred that too many people believe there's little else in black culture beyond profane rap.

"That's right," O'Reilly said. "There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M.F.-er, I want more iced tea."

Sharpton said he was taken aback that anyone would be surprised at how blacks acted at Sylvia's and will ask O'Reilly on The O'Reilly Factor Wednesday to explain what he meant. Nothing O'Reilly said at the dinner was offensive, said Sharpton spokeswoman Rachel Noerdlinger.

Karl Frisch, a spokesman for Media Matters, called O'Reilly's comments "ignorant and racially charged."

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

ELVIS
09-26-2007, 05:25 AM
I'm more impressed with Al Sharpton being labeled a civil rights activist...

:elvis:

Warham
09-26-2007, 07:19 AM
Eh...it's not registering on my Offend-O-Meter.

jhale667
09-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by WAR

Nor mine. I think he was more admitting he saw something that didn't fit his OWN preconceived racial stereotypes....
As if to say "Hey, maybe I am a dumbass!" :rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
09-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Gee, good thing Billo didnt mention the lack of "nappy-headed ho's" on the waitstaff, or he might be out of a job.

He's a pig.

He's a racist.

He's a buffon.

So what else is new?

EAT MY ASSHOLE
09-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Gee, good thing Billo didnt mention the lack of "nappy-headed ho's" on the waitstaff, or he might be out of a job.

He's a pig.

He's a racist.

He's a buffon.

So what else is new?

What's a buffon? :confused:

LoungeMachine
09-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
What's a buffon? :confused:

The opposite of a buffoff

duh.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
09-26-2007, 11:18 AM
That's some sort of gay act for has-been heavy metal acts where you really vigorously rub your bassplayers cock until it's shiny and "buffed", isn't it?

You gay heavy metal has-been acts and your gay acts...

LoungeMachine
09-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
That's some sort of gay act for has-been heavy metal acts where you really vigorously rub your bassplayers cock until it's shiny and "buffed", isn't it?

You gay heavy metal has-been acts and your gay acts...

It works on drummers, too.

Ever had a buffaround?

sadaist
09-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by WAR

I would expect a soul food restaurant in Harlem to be different than a restaurant in a white suburb. Just the same as I would expect a Chinese restaurant in San Francisco's Chinatown to be different, or a Waffle House in Tennessee, a Cajun spot in New Orleans, a Cheese steak dive in Philly, etc... To me, that's the draw. If all restaurants had the same vibe or atmosphere, what would be the point of going to new places? Atmosphere and style is just as important as the food. When there is no atmosphere or style, you end up with a country full of Sizzlers. And no one wants that.

Hyman Roth
09-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
I would expect a soul food restaurant in Harlem to be different than a restaurant in a white suburb. Just the same as I would expect a Chinese restaurant in San Francisco's Chinatown to be different, or a Waffle House in Tennessee, a Cajun spot in New Orleans, a Cheese steak dive in Philly, etc... To me, that's the draw. If all restaurants had the same vibe or atmosphere, what would be the point of going to new places? Atmosphere and style is just as important as the food. When there is no atmosphere or style, you end up with a country full of Sizzlers. And no one wants that.

You racist filth.

:D

thome
09-26-2007, 12:03 PM

---You did he didn't you put words in his mouth and Smear him as a Racist and he was and is nothing close to it You Imply this to create a false reality of who he is.

He's a pig.

----You are a pig.Grasping at straws to have something to bitch-about that isn't there.

He's a racist.

-------You seem more of a racist then O'reily has to me ever/.You seem also to be a bigot to him by making up stories that aren't there.

He's a buffon.

---He is anything but a buffoon. He is worth maybe 100 million dollars in the media industry wich is formed by people who get attention.
You sound like a media whore with no game.No attention .

So what else is new?

What's new?..... you all need a new game, this one is lame.

:)

LoungeMachine
09-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Trailer payment past due again?

thome
09-26-2007, 12:29 PM
I will Pabst in your honor at swap-n-shop this weekend.

I will stop thinking politics when I roll up with two Peggy Bundy's some chic who looks like Flo from Alice ,my bubblegum smackin, truckstop waitresses.

Ps. Anyone who gives Sharpton a voice is a cokk even if he is just doing it for a new pool filter.

DEMON CUNT
09-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Trailer payment past due again?

Hey now, I am sure that thome and other members of O'Really's sycophantic audience learned a lot about African Americans form this report.

LoungeMachine
09-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Hey now, I am sure that thome and other members of O'Really's sycophantic audience learned a lot about African Americans form this report.

Yeah, they have table manners just like real people. :rolleyes:

Fucking douche tubes like thome who kneel and suck O'Really are just pathetic.

It's like if O'Really "couldnt get over" the fact thome has indoor plumbing.

:gulp:

jhale667
09-26-2007, 02:01 PM
thome has indoor plumbing.

Allegedly... :D

NATEDOG001976
09-26-2007, 02:03 PM
I find the guy funny.

Nitro Express
09-26-2007, 05:25 PM
There will always be racism so let it go. Everyone has their oppinions. Heck, who wouldn't want to dress in robes and burn a cross on Sammy Hagar's lawn in here? Who wouldn't want to make slaves out of the Hagar sheep? Yo boy! You Hagar sheep! Get a going on my lawn you Ronald McDonald head!

fryingdutchman
09-27-2007, 05:38 AM
They did a piece on this on the "Today" show yesterday.

I'm not an O'Reilly fan by any stretch....he's a self-righteous hypocrite in most cases.

But it looks like he MAY have been taken out of context on this one...

Warham
09-27-2007, 07:17 AM
Gee, what a shock. Taken out of context...by today's media? Who would've thought such a thing is possible.

DEMON CUNT
09-27-2007, 02:15 PM
The context is simple. Bill O'Really was describing his experience of eating in a restaurant with African Americans and finding that they were civilized and eat like us normal white people do. He sounds genuinely surprised by his discovery.

Billy's breathless defensive backpedaling on the story is an indication that he knows that he screwed up.

Out of context? I find that to be an incredibly naive position to take on this. Can you explain your position?

LoungeMachine
09-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Gee, what a shock. Taken out of context...by today's media? Who would've thought such a thing is possible.

:rolleyes:

Just how the fuck is playing the ENTIRE radio clip being taken "out of context"

backpeddling bullshit artist.

IN WHAT CONTEXT WOULD BEING SURPRISED BLACKS CAN RUN AND EAT AT RESTAURANTS WITHOUT YELLING MOTHER FUCKER, GET ME MORE ICE TEA NOT RACIST???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????//

God I hate you hypocrites.

LoungeMachine
09-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
They did a piece on this on the "Today" show yesterday.

I'm not an O'Reilly fan by any stretch....he's a self-righteous hypocrite in most cases.

But it looks like he MAY have been taken out of context on this one...

I surprised at you, Dutch.

Warham
09-27-2007, 03:56 PM

Just how the fuck is playing the ENTIRE radio clip being taken "out of context"

backpeddling bullshit artist.

IN WHAT CONTEXT WOULD BEING SURPRISED BLACKS CAN RUN AND EAT AT RESTAURANTS WITHOUT YELLING MOTHER FUCKER, GET ME MORE ICE TEA NOT RACIST???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????//

God I hate you hypocrites.

Dude, I don't find his comments racist. I just don't.

He mentioned Italians as well. Was he being racist towards Italians?

Is this how PC this country has become?

FORD
09-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by WAR

What if he had had said that he went to an Italian restaraunt, and was surprised there wasn't any mob shootings in the middle of the lobby, or anybody kissing the godfather's ring?

LoungeMachine
09-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by WAR

Is this how PC this country has become?

Then how about finding them PREJUDICE

He went into the restaurant actually EXPECTING to find people saying "where my mother fucking ice tea"

It's the epitome of prejudice.

He pre-judged.

If Imus gets fired, then O'Really should be fired.

Warham
09-27-2007, 05:23 PM
If Bill O'Reilly hated blacks, he wouldn't be eating dinner with Al Sharpton in a restaurant in Harlem.

Do you think a KKK member would hang down there?

Warham
09-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Then how about finding them PREJUDICE

He went into the restaurant actually EXPECTING to find people saying "where my mother fucking ice tea"

He pre-judged.

If Imus gets fired, then O'Really should be fired.

I'm not sure I agree with Don Imus getting fired, to tell you the truth. Suspended, perhaps, fired, not really.

O'Reilly probably could have worded it better, but he's not racist.

And we all pre-judge, because we are all human.

Warham
09-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by FORD
What if he had had said that he went to an Italian restaraunt, and was surprised there wasn't any mob shootings in the middle of the lobby, or anybody kissing the godfather's ring?

Couldn't that pass for a joke on the HBO comedy channel?

FORD
09-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by WAR
If Bill O'Reilly hated blacks, he wouldn't be eating dinner with Al Sharpton in a restaurant in Harlem.

Do you think a KKK member would hang down there?

Nobody said he hated blacks. But expecting to walk into a restaurant in Harlem and hear "Muthafucka, bring me some more iced tea" or expecting gangsta rappers at an Anita Baker concert, these are statements that could only come from racist ignorance.

I don't claim to be an expert on Harlem, but then I don't claim to be an expert on Queens or Brooklyn either. It's because I've never been to New York. But if I went into a restaraunt anywhere in NYC, or any other city, I wouldn't expect to hear someone yelling out "Muthafucka" for Christ's sake.

Nickdfresh
09-27-2007, 07:02 PM
I think this only shows that Bill O'Reilly, like most elitist TV "personalities" is a sheltered, social idiot....

LoungeMachine
09-27-2007, 07:03 PM
So no racists have ever sat down to dinner with Al Sharpton?

Is that your argument, WAR?

BOF has rubbed off on you, bro.

jhale667
09-27-2007, 07:04 PM
PREJUDICE

And there ya have it. I don't think he was intentionally, maliciously being racist with his remark. It just brilliantly illustrates what a bigoted jackass he really is. :rolleyes:

IS Bill a racist? Obviously. Did he say something worthy of being FIRED over?
No, but at least he should be suspended without pay for a day or two, and made to sit in the corner with a dunce-cap on....;)

DEMON CUNT
09-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Basically, O'Really was surprised to find that African Americans do not always behave as they do on T.V.

If it is not racism, it is a profoundly ignorant observation for a man of his age and experience.

"I think black Americans are starting to think for themselves." He says. What a condescending douche!

fryingdutchman
09-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Out of context? I find that to be an incredibly naive position to take on this. Can you explain your position?

It's not really a "position" as much as it is an "observation."

To date, I still haven't heard the entire O'Reilly commentary...only the selected excerpts that are purported to be "racist" by Media Matters for America and others.

I'm not a defender nor an apologist for O'Reilly. I'm just not certain that he needs to be vilified every time out of the gate just because it's easy to do. Catching O'Reilly being stupid is like shooting fish in a barrel.

I think your last comment Demon is really more the case. Not racism, but incredible stupidity where O'Reilly's mouth gets ahead of his brain.......again.

I think it was actually an attempt by O'Reilly, and a lame one at that, to be "tongue in cheek" and somewhat sarcastic. He was basically saying that "Wow...look, not all blacks act like "gangstas" and criminals" but saying it in such a way that such a notion was (or should) already have been obvious to all except the most ignorant sector of society.

Unfortunately for Bill he ended up looking like one of the members of the very same "ignorant sector" that he was trying to slam.

I wish I could find the interview from the "Today" show on Wednesday where the whole picture looked a little bit different...

fryingdutchman
09-27-2007, 10:34 PM
I surprised at you, Dutch.

You is??? :D

Seriously though....I'm not siding with O'Reilly on this.

But it seems that words like "racist" get thrown around all too casually these days.

That word is a pretty damning indictment of someone's character, and it carries a lot of weight.

FORD's "racist" label in the title of this thread should have been posed as more of a "question" than a "statement", in my opinion...especially in light of the fact that there are clearly two schools of thought on what O'Reilly was implying when he made those comments.

Again...as I said to Demon, I think it's just more a case of O'Reilly being incredibly ignorant (and sheltered, as Nick said) as opposed to blatantly racist.

A man with his background and wide-reaching TV presence should know that any discussion involving race needs to be qualified....over and over and over again...

fryingdutchman
09-27-2007, 10:38 PM
On another note completely unrelated...

I'm not a "Front Line" regular, but I do enjoy lurking in here because a lot of you guys are incredibly intelligent and obviously well-read...and I enjoy reading your debates.

Sometimes things go down the tubes and disintegrate into outright silliness, but overall, I think this forum probably operates at the highest "mental level" of the whole site.

So kudos on a job well done!

As you were...

jharp84
09-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Dumb Muthafuckas!! It's HILLARY 2008!!! YEAH!!

jharp84
09-27-2007, 10:49 PM
AND! AND! LIKE they fucked fleetwood mac!! The theme song will be "right now"! W/spammy & mikey live "infront of your naked steaming eyes" !!!

vh rides again
09-27-2007, 11:20 PM
i didnt hear one racist thing in what he said, i think what he was getting at was that in general white people do not go to harlem and in alot of cases are not welcome there.
hes no dumbass he knows hes not welcome there, he was just commenting on how he was treated.
i have been to harlem and i did not feel welcome thert at all, in fact i feel that if i was not with the people i was with i would have been beaten to death, definately assaulted in one way or another.
i wonder how long orielly would last there without anyone with him.
bill orielly isnt a racist, i think sharpton will back him up on that too.

i want to see all you white ass bleeding heart punks run on down to harlem and act like nothing is wrong, youll be picking your teeth up out of the street.

jharp84
09-27-2007, 11:31 PM
AMEN! MY BROTHER!! I AGREE WHOLE-HEARTEDLY AND HAVE MANY AFRICAN-AMERICAN FRIENDS!!!

Guitar Shark
09-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Nobody said he hated blacks. But expecting to walk into a restaurant in Harlem and hear "Muthafucka, bring me some more iced tea" or expecting gangsta rappers at an Anita Baker concert, these are statements that could only come from racist ignorance.

Eh, it seems pretty realistic to me actually. Of course I lived in a similar environment on the east coast for 3 years. It's really difficult to understand it unless you've experienced it.

I agree with fryingdutchman.

jharp84
09-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Eh, it seems pretty realistic to me actually. Of course I lived in a similar environment on the east coast for 3 years. It's really difficult to understand it unless you've experienced it.

I agree with fryingdutchman.

Goddamn!! I lOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!! ;) Fuckin picks me up from a bad day everytime!! :matrix: And I support this also!! :mad:

Warham
09-28-2007, 07:20 AM
So no racists have ever sat down to dinner with Al Sharpton?

Is that your argument, WAR?

BOF has rubbed off on you, bro.

I don't know. How many racists have eaten with Al Sharpton?

No, it's not the crux of my argument, only a side comment.

Warham
09-28-2007, 07:25 AM
Listen, I said that perhaps he should have reworded his statement, but to proclaim he's some racist without knowing all the facts is flat-out wrong.

Maybe he's donated time and money to black charities and we don't know about it. Actions speak louder than words.

Dr. Love
09-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Not to get technical about things, but his comments aren't racist. They certainly imply a set of preconceptions that some Americans might have against black people (having never been to Harlem, and given what I see as 'black culture' on TV, I don't see that he was wrong to imply it), but at no point do they imply any superiority of any race or inferiority of another.

This is such a non-issue it's laughable.

Breaking News: Some people believe how black culture is portrayed on TV, have little-to-no experience to contradict it, and then when they do, are sufficiently surprised.

AMAZING

LoungeMachine
09-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love

but at no point do they imply any superiority of any race or inferiority of another.

He just "couldnt get over" the fact these black people were sitting there like other people eating a meal.

With napkins and everything....

I bet he'd be shocked they have indoor plumbing, just like the italians too...

Nickdfresh
09-28-2007, 12:38 PM
For me, the idea of racism ingrates ideas and feelings, subliminally or consciously, of inherent genetic racial superiority, fear, and hatred..

I don't really see that in O'Reilly's comments. I think he's an idiot overall, and a sheltered buffoon that exposes himself as the very elitist he supposedly detests - not as the "regular-guy/everyman" battering those "Liberal elitist jerks" (the notion he's seems to try to convey, but I don't really watch him and have little experience, so maybe I'm wrong, I don't know). This seems to be a theme with Fox overall and their "uh-hoho! We're just regular Americans like the viewing audience," not highly paid celebrities spouting biased opinions and providing a product of filtered and spun news to a segment/target audience of right wing sycophants unable to comprehend the difference between "bad news" and some conspiracy of the "liberal medium" to make their voting choices look stupid.

Again, O'Reilly's an undereducated, bellicose loudmouth with a bullhorn that perpetuates many falsehoods, either knowingly or in this case, by default. Something that one only has to watch Stephen Colbert's hysterical and dead-on spoof to pick up on. But that doesn't make him inherently a racist. He may be prejudiced due to his upper-class existence and like many Americans of both the left and right, often confuses racial issues with issues that have more to do with economics and education than they do with inherent colors of skin and DNA. In fact, he'd probably be more embarrassed when a simpleton like Thome tries to occasionally hump his leg whenever the rare chance "fan" meetings occur in the street, and he's probably the type that I'm pretty sure O'Reilly looks down the nose of. He's probably much happier to meet the rare black man that has "watched his show" and told him he was "great." A notion that O'Reilly seemed to genuinely enjoy even if it wasn't the truth....

He's not a racist. Being a bit ignorant and maybe even a little prejudiced or xenophobic does not a race war make...

Nickdfresh
09-28-2007, 12:51 PM
And the O'Reilly case is different from Imus' case. While I'll think Imus was silenced, I think he's had a history of making racist comments on air and I recall Howard Stern recalling how when they both worked at NBC that there was a "nice" black lady that Imus would scream at, using the N-word, for minor mistakes. Howard claims that this was one of the key reasons he thought Imus was a shitty human being...

LoungeMachine
09-28-2007, 01:07 PM
All good points, Nick, but I'm standing by my posts.

If Billo couldnt get over the fact black people were sitting there eating just like other people, he was basing his amazement on RACE.

To ME, that's being a "racist"

Jesus Christ
09-28-2007, 01:09 PM
(Yes, We do get Comedy Central in Heaven.... )

<embed FlashVars='videoId=103650' src='http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/video_player/view/default/swf.jhtml' quality='high' bgcolor='#cccccc' width='332' height='316' name='comedy_central_player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allownetworking='external' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed>

DEMON CUNT
09-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Before Dr. Love chooses to distort the definition of racism (for O'Really's benefit) any further, let's go ahead and and consult the American Heritage Dictionary definition of the word.

rac·ism
n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Racism is found in one's beliefs.

Clearly, O'Really believed that there is a difference between white and black people and how they behave while eating. He was surprised to learn otherwise and expressed that surprise in his report.

O'Really insinuates that whites are much more civilized than blacks. "I think black Americans are starting to think for themselves." is just one of the odd things found in his report.

So technically, yes, O'Really's views in that report are racist.

LoungeMachine
09-28-2007, 01:55 PM
What Cunt siad. :cool:

Warham
09-28-2007, 03:09 PM
I believe that everyone in this thread has had racist thoughts or has said something racist at one time or another in their lives, based on Cunt's definition.

Prove me wrong.

Warham
09-28-2007, 03:12 PM
And that includes jokes as well.

LoungeMachine
09-28-2007, 03:20 PM
WAR,

Could you ever see yourself coming home from a black owned and patronized restaurant, and commenting to Mrs. WAR how surprised you were that they were civilized just like other non-black people??

Could you hear yourself remarking to her how you think black people are "starting to think for themselves"??????????

No. I bet not.

And you certainly wouldnt go on nat'l tv/radio and say it, and then cry that the evil media was taking you out of context.

I hold you in a much higher regard than Bill Oreally

But then, I hold katy and BOF in a higher regard than BO

:gulp:

He is either a racist, or a fucking idiot.

you decide.

Jesus Christ
09-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by WAR
I believe that everyone in this thread has had racist thoughts or has said something racist at one time or another in their lives, based on Cunt's definition.

Prove me wrong.

Thou art wrong. Thus saith the Lord. For as I hath written earlier, He who created mankind knoweth that there is but one race.

Warham
09-28-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm not sure what I'd say, Lounge, although I know I'm not a racist. I shared a locker with a black kid in high school for one year, and got along great with him.

One thing I can admit to is cracking jokes, especially about Italians, since my wife is one, and I could be construed as being a racist for them.

Like I said, O'Reilly could have worded it better, but I don't think the guy is a racist.

I've got a personal story here. My grandfather, God rest his soul, used to crack those pollock, rabbi, etc. jokes all the time back in the 80s-90s. I heard 'em all. I laughed at them too, because he had a way of telling jokes, a talent I really didn't inherit. Back then, of course, you could get away with more un-PC behavior. If he were alive today, he would probably be accused of being a racist.

He also owned a TV store. Now, if you went down to his store and walked in, you'd see my grandfather playing cards with a couple of Middle Eastern guys that worked for him. They repaired TVs and did deliveries for him until he died in '96. He was best friends with one of them. I also believe that he had a black guy that worked for him, but I'd have to ask my mother if that's 100% accurate.

My point is, sometimes people say dumb stuff and make rude jokes, and sometimes they need to clarify, but that doesn't inherently make them a racist. O'Reilly being on national TV/Radio, probably could have shut up before he made the comment, but he was telling a story.

Warham
09-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Thou art wrong. Thus saith the Lord. For as I hath written earlier, He who created mankind knoweth that there is but one race.

FORD, even you've said or thought racist things in your life.

Your contempt for certain Jews could certainly be construed as being racist.

Jesus Christ
09-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by WAR

As the King of the Jews, I can say that FORD hath no contempt for My people, but for the evil ideology of the Likud heretics who claim to speak for Israel.

The United Nations thought they were doing the right thing by creating a state of Israel after World War II, but they forgot that it was My Dad who created Israel in the first place, and it was He who allowed Caesar to destroy it 40 years hence after I hath ascended to Heaven.

But verily I say unto you that the actions of these Likudists who say they are Jews, but do not keep the Commandments, are the actions of racists. Consider what they hath done to the Palestinians, and compare that to what was done in South Africa. Or what was done in thine own country to those who ye brought in chains from Africa, or the Lamanites whom ye slaughtered almost unto extinction. :(

The Son of Man does not abide racism.

Guitar Shark
09-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by WAR
I shared a locker with a black kid in high school for one year, and got along great with him.

And this one time, at band camp... :D

Warham
09-28-2007, 04:16 PM
I never went to band camp, but I did play a clarinet for a few months. I gave up because it just didn't seem as cool as playing a saxaphone.

Warham
09-28-2007, 04:18 PM
As the King of the Jews, I can say that FORD hath no contempt for My people, but for the evil ideology of the Likud heretics who claim to speak for Israel.

The United Nations thought they were doing the right thing by creating a state of Israel after World War II, but they forgot that it was My Dad who created Israel in the first place, and it was He who allowed Caesar to destroy it 40 years hence after I hath ascended to Heaven.

But verily I say unto you that the actions of these Likudists who say they are Jews, but do not keep the Commandments, are the actions of racists. Consider what they hath done to the Palestinians, and compare that to what was done in South Africa. Or what was done in thine own country to those who ye brought in chains from Africa, or the Lamanites whom ye slaughtered almost unto extinction. :(

The Son of Man does not abide racism.

FORD, the Bible predicts that Israel would come back to her rightful homeland. It's part of the end-time eschatology. You wouldn't go against the Bible, now would you?

Nickdfresh
09-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by WAR

Just like hating Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson makes you a racist?

Nickdfresh
09-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by WAR
I never went to band camp, but I did play a clarinet for a few months. I gave up because it just didn't seem as cool as playing a saxaphone.

I guess you were profoundly influenced by this guy:

http://slantmouth.com/articles/sugarDaddy/images/saxClinton.jpg

:D

Nickdfresh
09-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by WAR
FORD, the Bible predicts that Israel would come back to her rightful homeland. It's part of the end-time eschatology. You wouldn't go against the Bible, now would you?

LOL Can I see that quote?

Dr. Love
09-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Before Dr. Love chooses to distort the definition of racism (for O'Really's benefit) any further, let's go ahead and and consult the American Heritage Dictionary definition of the word.

rac·ism
n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

Racism is found in one's beliefs.

Clearly, O'Really believed that there is a difference between white and black people and how they behave while eating. He was surprised to learn otherwise and expressed that surprise in his report.

O'Really insinuates that whites are much more civilized than blacks. "I think black Americans are starting to think for themselves." is just one of the odd things found in his report.

So technically, yes, O'Really's views in that report are racist.

I cite dictionary.com as my source, and have included the definitions below. I have bolded the definitions that I am basing my argument on.

rac·ism
–noun

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

rac·ism
n.

racism

noun
the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races
2. discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race

racism

The belief that some races are inherently superior (physically, intellectually, or culturally) to others and therefore have a right to dominate them. In the United States, racism, particularly by whites against blacks, has created profound racial tension and conflict in virtually all aspects of American society. Until the breakthroughs achieved by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s, white domination over blacks was institutionalized and supported in all branches and levels of government, by denying blacks their civil rights and opportunities to participate in political, economic, and social communities.

Citing one interpretation of a word to base a definition in, ignoring all the rest, is, as you put it, distorting the definition. I don't argue your interpretation of the word, but I do assert that it's a very narrow definition when the term is used more in the context I framed it.

I still don't think what he had to say was racist. Simply stupid and naive. So the dude was apparently surprised that black people are just like anyone else? I believe his comments are culturally-centered. He could make the same claim about any other culture (how about rednecks?) and looked just as naive and narrowminded, but not racist. For the "think for themselves comment", it even follows with a reference to their race-based culture, as advocated by Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. All his statements, so far as I can tell, are simply a naive commentary on how he perceives their culture, and I think the sections you've pointed out are examples of that.

So he thinks that others might be surprised? I stand by my initial assertion:

AMAZING

DEMON CUNT
09-28-2007, 06:37 PM
I cite dictionary.com as my source, and have included the definitions below. I have bolded the definitions that I am basing my argument on.

Thank you for further proving my point with your nuanced definitions of racism.

"stupid and naive" are the very seeds from which racism grows.

You "think" that his comments are not rooted in racism because you failed to apply the additional data you brought to the discussion.

DEMON CUNT
09-28-2007, 06:46 PM
(Yes, We do get Comedy Central in Heaven.... )

<embed FlashVars='videoId=103650' src='http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/video_player/view/default/swf.jhtml' quality='high' bgcolor='#cccccc' width='332' height='316' name='comedy_central_player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allownetworking='external' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed>

The Daily Show nails it again!

Dr. Love
09-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Thank you for further proving my point with your nuanced definitions of racism.

"stupid and naive" are the very seeds from which racism grows.

You "think" that his comments are not rooted in racism because you failed to apply the additional data you brought to the discussion.

I disagree. I think his comments are culturally centered and not endemic to a particular race, or else he'd blanketly be amazed by similar behaviour in black people from any country (Britain, France, Denmark, for example). However, he continually brought back that his focus was Black Americans (they were the subject of discussion, but the emphasis was there).

Stupidity and naivity are the seeds for a lot of things, not just racism.

You "think" that his comments are racist because you failed to understand the nuances that indicated a slightly different focus.

All that aside, I don't think his commentary is clear enough, and I think that printed excerpts rob any context from which the comments were made. I'm not going to definitively say his comments were based on race or culture, but I suspect the latter.

DEMON CUNT
09-28-2007, 07:54 PM
I disagree. I think his comments are culturally centered and not endemic to a particular race, or else he'd blanketly be amazed by similar behaviour in black people from any country (Britain, France, Denmark, for example). However, he continually brought back that his focus was Black Americans (they were the subject of discussion, but the emphasis was there).

Stupidity and naivity are the seeds for a lot of things, not just racism.

You keep trying to expand the subject matter of O'Really's comments in an attempt to dilute them. He was not in Britain, not in France, not in Denmark, for example.

What "emphasis" are you talking about. Have you listened to the show?

LoungeMachine
09-28-2007, 09:14 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xFKmCG1RTd0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xFKmCG1RTd0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Watch Billo feign not knowing WTF Jessie is talking about....

LMMFAO

Dr. Love
09-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Not yet, I will when I get some time to.

Jesus Christ
09-28-2007, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
LOL Can I see that quote?

Nicodemus, the references to Israel and Jeusalem being occupied by the Gentiles and then eventually again by the Jews are many within the Bible.

Ezekiel 37 describes a "valley of dry bones" from which the nation of Israel would once again rise.

Consider the image of the mass graves created by Hitler. Would this not fit Ezekiel's reference?

And I told My disciples this, regarding the Jews:

But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. - Me, Luke chapter 21, 23-34

But nowhere in the Word does it say that MAN is to re-create Israel. Many Orthodox Jews, in fact, believe that the state of Israel can only truly be established by the Messiah.

Which, of course, is Me. Even though many of them hath yet to accept that truth.

jharp84
09-28-2007, 11:59 PM
5 stars for you my maker! I was born Irish catholic(with some Polish/French canadian) to balance! How can anyone not vote 5-er's to our maker!!

jhale667
09-29-2007, 12:19 AM
Seems as though Bill is tap-dancing around the issue in that clip...
I almost want to see the whole hour of the original show now...:uck:

But still, if one says "Blacks are starting to think for themselves", does that not imply a belief that at some point they did not?

I'm just sayin'. :rolleyes:

NATEDOG001976
09-29-2007, 02:12 AM
They all suck!

LoungeMachine
09-29-2007, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by WAR

Prove me wrong.

I believe you only have one testicle.

Prove me wrong.

fryingdutchman
10-02-2007, 08:40 AM

I believe you only have one testicle.

Prove me wrong.

Ummm....

Er, Lounge, *ahem*, *cough*....

:confused:You don't ummmm...., actually want to see his, um, BALLS...do you?:confused:

Just when you think you know someone...:D

Warham
10-05-2007, 12:06 AM
I thought I knew Lounge pretty well myself.

He might roll his eyes, but he knows I'm right.