PDA

View Full Version : The Sick, Twisted Fuck Called Rudy Begs For $9.11

LoungeMachine
09-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Dodd: Guiliani’s ’$9.11 for Rudy’ fundraiser ’shameless and sickening’

Campaign staff says event planned with no input from candidate

By Associated Press
Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - Updated 21h ago

WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Chris Dodd said Tuesday a fundraising party for Republican Rudy Giuliani seeking $9.11 each from guests exploits the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks for political purposes.

Dodd called on Giuliani to refuse the money raised at the event, saying the theme "is absolutely unconscionable, shameless and sickening." A Giuliani spokeswoman said the $9.11 idea was selected without the campaign’s knowledge.

"Mr. Giuliani was quick to express much vitriol for the independent ad created by MoveOn.org last week; we would hope he would express the same kind of outrage and indignation about this group that he is the beneficiary of," Dodd said in a statement released by his campaign.

Giuliani and other GOP presidential candidates strongly criticized the liberal, anti-war group MoveOn.org for a full-page advertisement the group bought in The New York Times [NYT]. The ad included the headline "General Petraeus or General Betray Us?," a reference to Gen. David Petraeus, the U.S. commander in Iraq.

Dodd also said Giuliani "should reject and/or return any money raised" through the party, which is to be held Wednesday night at the home of Abraham Sofaer in Palo Alto, Calif. Giuliani’s campaign is sponsoring house parties across the country that night for the candidate’s backers.

Sofaer said he had nothing to do with the decision to ask for the $9.11.

"There are some young people who came up with it," Sofaer said when reached by telephone Monday evening. He referred other questions to Giuliani’s campaign.

"I’m just providing support for him. He’s an old friend of mine," Sofaer said of Giuliani.

Sofaer was a State Department adviser under President Reagan and is a fellow at Stanford University’s Hoover Institution. Federal election data indicates Sofaer has given nearly $50,000 to Republican causes and candidates, including Giuliani, since 1995.

Giuliani spokeswoman Maria Comella said: "These are two volunteers who acted independently of and without the knowledge of the campaign. Their decision to ask individuals for that amount was an unfortunate choice."

According to the invitation, "$9.11 for Rudy" is an "independent, non-denominational grass-roots campaign to raise $10,000 in small increments to show how many individual, everyday Americans support ’America’s Mayor.’"

Giuliani was mayor of New York during the Sept. 11 attacks.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EAT MY ASSHOLE
09-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I'd like to give Rudy 9.11...in the right place...

LoungeMachine
09-26-2007, 11:24 AM
I like how the campaign is now trying to throw a couple of junior staffers under the bus :rolleyes:

As if Rudy has been running from his 9.11 connection.

Another Buffon.

:gulp:

LoungeMachine
09-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
Yeah, I'd like to give Rudy 9.11...in the right place...

Yet you're 4.6 short....

Hyman Roth
09-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Pathetic. I'm sick of this schmuck trying to tear at the heartstrings of the public, acting like he's Mr. 9-11 and using this manipulation in an effort to get publicity for his floundering campaign. Its just tasteless.

Nickdfresh
09-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Rudy is such a shameless, pandering cunt. Really, I've seen few who are such vile human beings act so insultingly smug.

He's almost universally reviled by the NYC emergency services and yet he still trumps his heroic bullshit image hoping the rest of the nation won't catch on...

Did you guys catch that super-lame "spontaneous" phone call from his super-bitch, whore wife at some gun convention? Just so weak and unintentionally comical!

And if you combined his domestic views with Ron Paul's foreign policy beliefs, he'd be pretty much where I am as a "Republican" (yes, I'm still registered). I still wouldn't vote for him though, even if he wasn't such a 9/11 terraxploitational™, fear-mongering asshole...

LoungeMachine
09-26-2007, 12:07 PM
The "phone call" was the THIRD such time that's happened to him, with that cunt wife of his not "knowing" he was in the middle of a speech. :rolleyes:

I may actually loathe this piece of shit MORE than W.

Nickdfresh
09-26-2007, 12:13 PM
"The call..." :D
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GGdfGOm0FLY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GGdfGOm0FLY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

What firefighters think of Ghouliani.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ax2db1XK8kA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ax2db1XK8kA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Steve Savicki
09-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Beam him in the eye with a penny perhaps?

LoungeMachine
09-28-2007, 06:16 PM
September 28, 2007
Giuliani cites 9/11 in explaining cell phone gaffe

Much of the political world arched an eyebrow last week when Rudy Giuliani interrupted a speech to the NRA to chat with his wife, a shtick he has pulled a couple of times on the campaign trail.

In an interview posted today, Giuliani told TV preacher Pat Robertson’s Christian Broadcasting Network exactly why he answered his phone: 9/11.

Giuliani also addressed a cell phone call he took from his wife, Judith, last week during his speech to the National Rifle Association, an important appearance because Giuliani clashed with the group when he argued for tougher gun control as mayor of New York.

“And quite honestly, since Sept. 11, most of the time when we get on a plane, we talk to each other and just reaffirm the fact that we love each other,” he said.

A few thoughts. First, I know Giuliani has an acute case of “9/11 Tourette’s,” but this just isn’t healthy.

Second, it’s interesting that Giuliani makes this reaffirmation with his third wife before air travel “since Sept. 11,” given that on Sept. 11, Giuliani was married to someone else.

And third, Giuliani is trying way too hard to convince people he’s a good husband. We’re talking about a thrice-married candidate who, among other things, married his cousin, was a serial adulterer, and marched with his mistress in a St. Patrick’s Day parade. If Giuliani doesn’t want to be the subject of ridicule, he probably should stop talking quite this much about his personal life. He’s only making matters worse.

But in talking to Robertson’s CBN, Giuliani apparently couldn’t help himself.

Republican presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani compared the scrutiny of his personal life marked by three marriages to the biblical story of how Jesus dealt with an adulterous woman.

In an interview posted online Friday, Giuliani was questioned about his family and told the Christian Broadcasting Network, “I think there are some people that are very judgmental.”

Giuliani has a daughter who indicated support for Democrat Barack Obama and a son who said he didn’t speak to his father for some time. Giuliani’s messy divorce from their mother, Donna Hanover, was waged publicly while Giuliani was mayor of New York.

“I’m guided very, very often about, ‘Don’t judge others, lest you be judged,’” Giuliani told CBN interviewer David Brody. “I’m guided a lot by the story of the woman that was going to be stoned, and Jesus put the stones down and said, ‘He that hasn’t sinned, cast the first stone,’ and everybody disappeared.

“It seems like nowadays in America, we have people that think they could’ve passed that test,” he said. “And I don’t think anybody could’ve passed that test but Jesus.”

Hmm, what’s the funniest part of this? It’s a tough call. Is it the fact that Giuliani is indirectly describing Pat Robertson, James Dobson, and most of the GOP base, who have no qualms about judging people and condemning those who fail to meet their standards?

Or is it the fact that Giuliani messed up the story from the Gospel of John? (Jesus didn’t “put the stones down”; he never picked the stones up.)

Or is it the irony that the woman in the story was accused of adultery, a sin Giuliani has quite a bit of experience with?

LoungeMachine
09-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

“And quite honestly, since Sept. 11, most of the time when we get on a plane, we talk to each other and just reaffirm the fact that we love each other,” he said.

........, it’s interesting that Giuliani makes this reaffirmation with his third wife before air travel “since Sept. 11,” given that on Sept. 11, Giuliani was married to someone else.

LMMFAO

What a fucking douche :rolleyes:

Dr. Love
09-28-2007, 06:21 PM
lol. wow.

Blackflag
09-29-2007, 12:06 AM
Buffon.

Are we still doing the 'my party is better than your party' bullshit? I thought we were passed that diversionary tactic.

Jesus Christ
09-29-2007, 12:28 AM

“I’m guided very, very often about, ‘Don’t judge others, lest you be judged,’” Giuliani told CBN interviewer David Brody. “I’m guided a lot by the story of the woman that was going to be stoned, and Jesus put the stones down and said, ‘He that hasn’t sinned, cast the first stone,’ and everybody disappeared.

“It seems like nowadays in America, we have people that think they could’ve passed that test,” he said. “And I don’t think anybody could’ve passed that test but Jesus.”

Hmm, what’s the funniest part of this? It’s a tough call. Is it the fact that Giuliani is indirectly describing Pat Robertson, James Dobson, and most of the GOP base, who have no qualms about judging people and condemning those who fail to meet their standards?

Or is it the fact that Giuliani messed up the story from the Gospel of John? (Jesus didn’t “put the stones down”; he never picked the stones up.)

Or is it the irony that the woman in the story was accused of adultery, a sin Giuliani has quite a bit of experience with?

Oh. My. Dad. :rolleyes:

I had better stop right there, or there will be fire and brimstone all over the place :mad:

Seshmeister
10-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
lol. wow.

Beat me to it, I never realised what an asshole he was.

I was kind of impressed especially comparing him to GW when he came over here a few years back and spoke eloquently without notes for 20 minutes but he seems to have some huge personal flaws.

Then again he is a politician...