PDA

View Full Version : ChickenHawk Limbaugh Insults Real Soldiers

LoungeMachine
09-28-2007, 04:18 PM
CBS NewsSept. 28, 2007

September 28, 2007, 11:35 AM
Limbaugh's Loose Lips
Posted by Matthew Felling| 24

(AP)As discussed in this space last week, there’s a lot of inappropriate things said and done that are trumped up into Major Media Controversies. Left-leaning groups and right-leaning groups – the screaming monkeys on both sides – are always trying to publicize things and raise their profile on the nation’s agenda. So you weigh their claims see if the event meets the threshold for attention.

Bill O’Reilly’s insipid observation about African-American restaurants earlier this week seemed like a media diversion that – given all the other events this week – didn’t tip the scales into an actual problem.

But some things are outrages despite being spotlighted by ideological groups.

Take what was said by Rush Limbaugh this week, as reported on Talking Points Memo – inspired by the liberal group Media Matters -- yesterday:
In a conversation on Rush Limbaugh's radio program, a listener named Mike said that antiwar people never talk to "real soldiers," adding that they take their cues from soldiers who are against the war and "talk to the media."

To which Limbaugh rejoined: "The phony soldiers.”
According to the account, Limbaugh also later added:
"What is the imperative in pulling out? What's in it for the United States to pull out? I don't think they have an answer for that, other than, `It's gonna bring our troops home. Save the troops. Keep the troops safe. Or whatever. It's not possible intellectually to follow these people."
Maybe it’s because my father was a Marine. Maybe it’s because my brother has been deployed to both Afghanistan and Iraq in the past few years. But suggesting that a soldier who has qualms with the military’s operations in Iraq and chooses to vocalize those reservations is phony ... well, it tips this reader's scale.

It’s too early to know how much is going to be made of this story, but it’ll be interesting to see how the coverage of Rush belittling some soldiers compares to MoveOn.org’s ad criticizing General Petraeus. (Labelled a "misstep" here.) He might not generate the media buzz he once did, but Rush still ranks as the number one most influential talk show host… and is heard on the Armed Forces Radio Network.

Regardless of how zealously (or not) they support our military engagement in Iraq, each and every soldier deserves our respect – a sentiment echoed in polls commissioned surrounding the Petraeus testimony. Are their wounds or scars “phony” if they take issue with our foreign policy?

Coincidentally or not, I see a small left-generated online campaign has begun to urge the Armed Forces Radio Network to remove Limbaugh from its airwaves. And the network’s website today indicates that “there was a hard drive failure yesterday” at the site.

Warham
09-28-2007, 04:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm84gOXkZaY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Erushlimbaugh%2Ecom%2Fhome% 2Ftoday%2Eguest%2Ehtml

Get the real story.

Warham
09-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Here's who Limbaugh was referring to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Macbeth

LoungeMachine
09-28-2007, 04:29 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rm84gOXkZaY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rm84gOXkZaY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

LMMFAO

:rolleyes:

Warham
09-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Lounge, you ought to know better than to post stuff like this before you do all your research.

LoungeMachine
09-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Why is it always the "far-left" who is smearing, or taking out of context you shmucks when you put your foots in your chickenhawk / racist mouths?

Just ONCE I'd like to see one of them stand up and say "I was wrong"

:gulp:

Warham
09-28-2007, 04:37 PM
He wasn't wrong.

Did you actually read about what he was talking about with this MacBeth character?

Try to look past your hatred for Limbaugh, and get the story straight.

Warham
09-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Now that Macbeth has been found a fraud, will the media retract all their stories that used him as a source?

Nickdfresh
09-28-2007, 04:41 PM
"Maybe it's because..." ...you pussied out of Vietnam you draft-dodging, ass boiled fuck!

LoungeMachine
09-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Here's who Limbaugh was referring to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Macbeth

oh, bullshit.

Hence the plural then......?

LoungeMachine
09-28-2007, 04:52 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hu3tpV6dTQY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hu3tpV6dTQY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

LoungeMachine
09-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by WAR
He wasn't wrong.

Did you actually read about what he was talking about with this MacBeth character?

Try to look past your hatred for Limbaugh, and get the story straight.

And you never fail to come to his defense....

You are the FL dittohead. :D

If he was only referring to McBeth, then why the plural??

Warham
09-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

oh, bullshit.

Hence the plural then......?

There's probably more than one, but he specifically mentioned this guy.

Hey, if John Kerry accuses our troops of terrorism, anything's possible.

Nitro Express
09-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Rush Limbaugh used to be a very talented and funny radio personality before he got political. His show in Sacremento in the old days was a hoot with funny gag commercials, jingles, and such that Limbaugh created himself.

It's sad he's made so much money just whoring for the Republicans because the guy is really talented and we don't see that anymore. The whole conservative universe of knowlege thing he's been pimping for two decades has gotten so old.

Limbaugh had the talent to be one of the great radio personalities and he could be funny without being dirty unlike Stern. Most people don't know he was that talented.

Warham
09-28-2007, 05:11 PM
And you never fail to come to his defense....

You are the FL dittohead. :D

If he was only referring to McBeth, then why the plural??

I actually listened to the phone call as I was driving around for work. I listen to Rush alot since I'm in my car half the day, so I get to laugh when I hear his stuff being distorted all the time by the media.

I believe the caller said 'soldiers' first, and Rush was just repeating him.

I guess I'm a Dittohead, but I'd still run to his defense on this one.

LoungeMachine
09-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by WAR

Hey, if John Kerry accuses our troops of terrorism, anything's possible.

And you ripped him a new asshole over it...

A bit hypocritical on your part, eh?

WARDITTO

Warham
09-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Rush Limbaugh used to be a very talented and funny radio personality before he got political. His show in Sacremento in the old days was a hoot with funny gag commercials, jingles, and such that Limbaugh created himself.

It's sad he's made so much money just whoring for the Republicans because the guy is really talented and we don't see that anymore. The whole conservative universe of knowlege thing he's been pimping for two decades has gotten so old.

Limbaugh had the talent to be one of the great radio personalities and he could be funny without being dirty unlike Stern. Most people don't know he was that talented.

I've heard about some of his hijinks in the old days, like the 'caller abortions'.

Warham
09-28-2007, 05:17 PM
And you ripped him a new asshole over it...

A bit hypocritical on your part, eh?

WARDITTO

No, because I heard everything Kerry said, and there was no way to take his quote out of context or remove snippets of it to destroy his reputation.

There's plenty of YouTube clips of Kerry's comments.

What's really funny is that Congressman are payed over $100,000 a year, and yet they fail to do the proper research on outrageous claims, especially when they have gophers that could call Limbaugh up on the phone and ask him what he actually said. Instead, they just read what Media Matters says and take it as the gospel truth.

DEMON CUNT
09-28-2007, 06:20 PM
That defencive Rush clip is riddled with inaccuracies. Referencing the false claims made by the "swift boat" veterans, he says that no retractions were made on the Jesse Macbeth story, also false.

The DailyKos published a hit piece on Macbeth in May 2006. Iraq War Veterans Against the War went after him too.

To suggest that only "phony soldiers" are against this war is just insulting. On and on.

People like Rush and O'Really have a hard time taking responsibility for what they say so they attack those who expose them. Quite pathetic.

Warhead needs a cd player in his car so he doesn't have to listen to this shit.

Jesus Christ
09-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Rush hath borne false witness against thy troops. He should repent of this sin on his radio show.

LoungeMachine
09-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by WAR
No, because I heard everything Kerry said, and there was no way to take his quote out of context or remove snippets of it to destroy his reputation.

And I heard everything Limpdick and O'Really said as well...

Took nothing out of context.

You are spinning what Mush said, putting words in his mouth he did not say in the original phone call, and trying to tell us what he "really meant"

You're a Rush supporter/listener/apologist.

So of course you're biased.

And if after everything that's been PROVEN in Iraq, if you don't think certain soldiers have acted like TERRORISTS, then there's no hope for you.

Fear, intimidation, torture, abuse, and murder of innocent civilians by a FEW soldiers IS terrorism. Admit it.

:mad:

LoungeMachine
09-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Rush hath borne false witness against thy troops. He should repent of this sin on his radio show.

Yo, JC...

While you're here...

Why did your pop's top 10 contain rules against working on sundays, carving dolls, and banging your neighbor's hot wife....

But nothing about rape, slavery, or child abuse?

Priorities, big guy. :(

Jesus Christ
09-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Yo, JC...

While you're here...

Why did your pop's top 10 contain rules against working on sundays, carving dolls, and banging your neighbor's hot wife....

But nothing about rape, slavery, or child abuse?

Priorities, big guy. :(

Dad thought that rape would be covered under the adultery and "not coveting thy neighbor's ass" parts.

We didn't think the slavery one was needed, given that the Jews had just escaped from slavery themselves.

And as for child abuse...... maybe Dad and I had a little too much misplaced faith in our creation, that they would never stoop to such things :(

If I had to redo the 10 commandments today, I would probably make a few changes.

Nickdfresh
09-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by WAR

There's plenty of YouTube clips of Kerry's comments.

What's really funny is that Congressman are payed over $100,000 a year, and yet they fail to do the proper research on outrageous claims, especially when they have gophers that could call Limbaugh up on the phone and ask him what he actually said. Instead, they just read what Media Matters says and take it as the gospel truth.

Oh post the fucking quote! That shit is so out of context you sound like the "Code Pink" women that so put a bee in your bonnet...

Again. And stop being so stupid! His points actually are repeated mentioned and views are shared by military officers such as Gen. Petraeus and almost the entire USMC in Iraq, who felt that the heavy handed tactics of most of the US Army in an alien Middle Eastern culture of "face," which they completely did not understand, was only making more insurgents...

Nitro Express
09-29-2007, 04:19 AM
Since Rush, Hannity, and O'Riley are so gung ho for this war, I say walk the talk, grab a rifle and go boys!

They could be quite useful clearing mine fields. No experience needed. Just walk through until they find them.