PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Review Thread - Take Notes

POJO_Risin
09-30-2007, 11:18 AM
<font color="#2E2EFE" face="Comic Sans" size="2">FOR IMMEDIATE FUCKING RELEASE
SEPTEMBER 30, 2007</font>

<font color="#2E2EFE" size="5" face="Arial"><b>THE QUEST FOR THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN</font></b>

<font face="Verdana" size="2" color="#FFFF00"><b><i>Your Friendly Neighborhood Webmaster Searches For the Mighty Van Halen in Greensboro, North Carolina--September 29, 2007</i></b></font>

<font face="Comic Sans" color="FF0000" size="2">(A.P.) Hell, Mich. - Roth Army World Headquarters
</font>

***DISCLAIMER*** There are many people on this board, and other boards, who have issues with this tour, including me. For the general population, the #1 reason and excuse at why this tour isn't legitimate is because Michael Anthony isn't there. I think I speak for EVERYONE in saying that Michael Anthony probably should be here. Bottom line though? Who gives a shit. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...anyone who SAYS THAT THEY LIKE VAN HALEN, OR STARTED TO LISTEN TO VAN HALEN, OR CONTINUED TO LISTEN TO VAN HALEN, is because of the bass player, is a lying sack of shit. DO YOU HEAR ME PEOPLE...BULLSHIT! So, if Van Halen performs without MA, it's not legitimate? Did you not support David Lee Roth for 23 years WITHOUT MICHAEL ANTHONY? WAS THAT NOT LEGITIMATE? Oh, I get it, it's not Van Halen WITHOUT MICHAEL ANTHONY? IS THAT IT? So over the past 23 fucking years, the 'Dave IS VH' motto most have taken is bullshit? Over the past 23 fucking years, the 'Dave and Ed is VH' motto most have taken is bullshit? Get off the fucking high horse...how about that...because that's fucking ridiculous. Go back to the early 1970's Pasadena, take Michael Anthony off the VH roster, and get another bass player with moderate singing skills, and Van Halen STILL BECOMES THE MONSTER THAT IT WAS. No, I'm not discounting MA. Yeah, he's the working man's bass player, and was the undertone to the Van Halen sound. With that being said...HE'S THE FUCKING BASS PLAYER. He should be there, but he's not...get over yourselves. Oh, and that's never been my reason anyways. It's bogus...period. You know what...it's funny...I never heard the term reunion spoken last night. I don't see it as a reunion...and neither did anyone else. I saw it as Dave's return.

So those of you that BACKED AND SAID THAT THE HAGAR SHAM SHOW was something to be considered...BUT NOW ARE ANTI-VH BECAUSE MIKE ISN'T THERE can shut the fuck up. You know who you are, and it's good to see the true colors coming out. Have fun watching the fat rocker performing in front of his 10 best friends...for the rest of his life. Oh, and those of you that are saying that Dave 'sold out' for this show SIMPLY BECAUSE THE FREEBIES JUST WEREN'T THERE...grow the fuck up.

No, the reason that I doubted this tour is the belief that Dave was being controlled by the Brothers Grimm. I immediately took what I still believe was the correct stance to take...'THE FUCK YOU' STANCE. Over the years, there has been so many fucking almosts, that I was hoping for a never. At this stage of the game, I pretty much figured that Roth was doing whatever the Van Halen's wanted him to do. Yeah, call Roth a 'VH Puppet' if you will.

So, I decided two things..

1. I was going to spend the money to go to a show.

2. I wasn't going to let ANYTHING in the Army taint my opinion, or taint my take on the show.

Most of you will notice I disappeared for the better part of four months. That was on purpose. I didn't want ANYTHING to taint my impressions of this reunion, or the show. I went in as a pessimist...and a fucking vocal one. I can be no different than that. I didn't SEE the presser...just heard some comments about it...and some snippets. Never the whole thing. I didn't watch any youtube of the rehearsals...I didn't watch anything about anything.

If the show was good or bad...I wanted to judge it on my own...and not on what others had predisposed me too. It was the only way to figure it out.

Thus...my Quest for the Mighty Van Halen Began... ***End of Disclaimer***

<hr color="#800000" align="left" width="40%" size="1">
Part 1: The Trip (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1244256#post1244256)

Part 2: Meeting Fairwrning (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1244361#post1244361)

Part 3: Big Dogs (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1244426#post1244426)

Part 4: Red Rocker Rev-o-What-The-Fuck? (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1244456#post1244456)

Part 5: The Parking Lot (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1244543#post1244543)

Part 6: The Shirt (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1244560#post1244560)

Part 7: Pre-Game (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1244586#post1244586)

Part 8: The Show (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1244717#post1244717)

Part 8a: The FUCKING Show (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1245151#post1245151)

Part 8b: The MOTHERFUCKING Show (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1245183#post1245183)

Part 8C: The WAWAZAT MOTHERFUCKING Show (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1245247#post1245247)

<font color="#EAC117" face="Comic Sans" size="4"> Coming Soon: Whatever the Fuck We Want</font>

POJO_Risin
09-30-2007, 12:53 PM
The Trip
The Quest: Part 1

I had decided to attend a show for two reasons.

1. Roth was performing, and I've seen a show (usually more) on nearly every tour, mini-tour or what not, since I've been able to see tours, and I didn't plan to stop now, and...

2. I needed to see if this was going to be the train wreck that I thought. David Lee Roth as a 'puppet' wasn't something I wanted to see, but I needed to see the truth, and not some fucking flim-flam from people that are basing it off of youtube and heresay. I had heard or seen, essentially nothing about this tour, other than ridiculous proclamations from folks that have never seen VH saying that it was a GIVEN that this show would be good.

Sorry...I don't buy that even AFTER seeing the show. Anyone who can toss away 20+ years of bad blood is just plain fucking idiotic.

Anyways...I found out a few things on the trip from Va.

Dave spoke nearly 90% of the time at the presser. I took this as a good sign. The last time that the four were together in front of a presser, Ed nearly got into a punch Dave in the dick party because of his fucking hip. It was obvious the battle for supremacy of the band would continue then. Dave was the spokesman, and the rest of the band seemed okay with that. That was a plus.

According to Va, there were several shirts the VH was selling that looked like Dave had his hands on, which put Dave in a marketing slot...like the past. Another good sign that Dave wasn't a puppet.

The reviews of the show were all positive in some form or fashion. Dave was solid, although not moving a lot, and that Roth was below his old register. Ed and Dave seemed to be smiling and happy. I was thinking the same thing, so what. You can say it, but it doesn't MEAN it. Show me the money.

Va believed that Ed didn't kick Mike out for any other reason than the fact that he wanted his son in. I immediately disagreed with this. Obviously, I didn't think I could prove or disprove this.

Yeah, there was more to the trip, in our VH discussion. I had seen the setlist...but didn't really talk about it.

We talked a bit about some of the Army members that would be at the show...and was looking forward to meeting a few. I've made it a policy to stay away from meet and greets aside from a few folks that I've known from the past 10 years on the net...but if there was ever a time to do it...

It was during a Roth-fronted VH show.

THE POJO QUEST WILL cunt-inue HERE...COMING SHORTLY...KEEP REFRESHING...EVEN AFTER YOU SEE SHIT POSTED...

I'LL KEEP ADDING...UNTIL I RUN OUT OF SHIT TO TALK ABOUT.

Carmine
09-30-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you had a good time last night?

:D

Fairwrning
09-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Christ..the front page is gonna be huge....

Combat Ready
09-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Ok. But--Didn't YOU proclaim that this tour would suck?

Something like----The tour will "suck ass---That is all?" Wrong---This tour obviously does not and will not suck---Just the opposite. So, now we move on to a little revisionist history here?

Better late than never....I guess. Never too late to jump on the bandwagon.

Fairwrning
09-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Combat Ready

Something like----The tour will "suck ass---That is all?" Wrong---This tour obviously does not and will not suck---Just the opposite. So, now we move on to a lttle revisionist history here?

Oh Fuck ..this is gonna get ugly folks..buckle up..

Dave's PA Rental
09-30-2007, 01:26 PM

The only thing I saw Pojo say was that in his opinion, this tour was 10 years too late...

POJO_Risin
09-30-2007, 01:37 PM

Something like----The tour will "suck ass---That is all?" Wrong---This tour obviously does not and will not suck---Just the opposite. So, now we move on to a little revisionist history here?

Who the fuck are you?

I could end it there...but let me retort...

1. ANY 'Van Halen' fan that professed that this tour was/is a fucking lock going in is an assclown...plain and simple. Anyone that DOESN'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT that Edward Van Halen has sounded like complete dogshit for the past 10+ years is just plain ridiculous. Anyone that DOESN'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT that it's been 10+ years since David Lee Roth performed in front of 20,000+ is just plain ridiculous. Anyone that DOESN'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT that this tour looked like a puppetmaster view from the Brothers Grimm IS JUST FOOKIN' FOOLING THEMSELVES. So yeah Mr. Brilliant...I was pessimistic. I've fucking earned that right.

2. BANDWAGON. YOU...ARE CALLING ME A VAN HALEN/ROTH BANDWAGONER. Dude...do us all a favor and shut the flying fuck up. 8 years ago, when I was hear helping Sarge START a fucking site for Roth, was I a bandwagoner then? When I helped revamp and update this site for every fucking fan like me...was I a bandwagoner then? When I went to every fucking show within a day's trip to see Roth...was I a bandwagoner then? When I liked the fucking idiotic bluegrass bullshit simply because it put him on a national stage...was I a fucking bandwagoner then? When I spent literally THOUSANDS of dollars over the past 25 years on this band in some form or fashion...was I a bandwagoner then?

Yeah...guess not...

So pardon fucking me...if I have an opinion that actually RINGS FUCKING TRUE...and I'm not walking around like someone has fucking blown flowery potpourri up my fucking asshole...

I helped fucking BUILD the fucking wagon this band pulls behind it...

just like everyone else who has gone to a show, or spent a percentage of their life's wage has...

period...

Combat Ready
09-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Who the fuck are you?

I could end it there...but let me retort...

1. ANY 'Van Halen' fan that professed that this tour was/is a fucking lock going in is an assclown...plain and simple. Anyone that DOESN'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT that Edward Van Halen has sounded like complete dogshit for the past 10+ years is just plain ridiculous. Anyone that DOESN'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT that it's been 10+ years since David Lee Roth performed in front of 20,000+ is just plain ridiculous. Anyone that DOESN'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT that this tour looked like a puppetmaster view from the Brothers Grimm IS JUST FOOKIN' FOOLING THEMSELVES. So yeah Mr. Brilliant...I was pessimistic. I've fucking earned that right.

2. BANDWAGON. YOU...ARE CALLING ME A VAN HALEN/ROTH BANDWAGONER. Dude...do us all a favor and shut the flying fuck up. 8 years ago, when I was hear helping Sarge START a fucking site for Roth, was I a bandwagoner then? When I helped revamp and update this site for every fucking fan like me...was I a bandwagoner then? When I went to every fucking show within a day's trip to see Roth...was I a bandwagoner then? When I liked the fucking idiotic bluegrass bullshit simply because it put him on a national stage...was I a fucking bandwagoner then? When I spent literally THOUSANDS of dollars over the past 25 years on this band in some form or fashion...was I a bandwagoner then?

Yeah...guess not...

So pardon fucking me...if I have an opinion that actually RINGS FUCKING TRUE...and I'm not walking around like someone has fucking blown flowery potpourri up my fucking asshole...

I helped fucking BUILD the fucking wagon this band pulls behind it...

just like everyone else who has gone to a show, or spent a percentage of their life's wage has...

period...

Well--I was just stating the obvious Mr. Pojo. Your opinion that the tour would "Suck Ass---That is all", was, and is, in my opinion dead wrong. Nothing more and nothing less.

POJO_Risin
09-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Well--I was just stating the obvious Mr. Pojo. Your opinion that the tour would "Suck Ass---That is all", was, and is, in my opinion dead wrong. Nothing more and nothing less.

Alright...

I was dead wrong...what part of which show that you saw are you basing this off of?

Lqskdiver
09-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Julius Jones...touchdown Dallas!!

Combat Ready
09-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Alright...

I was dead wrong...what part of which show that you saw are you basing this off of?

Sorry to say that they have not made it out West just yet. I've got cheap tix for two (Sac and Portland) shows and 5 stars for Seattle.

I'm basing my opinion on the rehersal clips as well as reviews from the Army, and other sources.

That and a simple reality of life----A tour with ROTH---Never---EVER sucks! Never has----Never will! The Mighty Van Halen Lives!

POJO_Risin
09-30-2007, 02:13 PM
That and a simple reality of life----A tour with ROTH---Never---EVER sucks! Never has----Never will! The Mighty Van Halen Lives! Yeah...okay...I'll let Dave know that that show he played in Corry fucking Pennsylvania...

in front of about 100 screaming fans...

wasn't as bad as he fucking thought...

This is the shit I'm talking about. I'm glad you have a blind belief that Roth does nothing wrong.

I don't, and won't...ever.

In other words...I'm dosed in reality...

so sue me...

Combat Ready
09-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Sorry to say that they have not made it out West just yet. I've got cheap tix for two (Sac and Portland) shows and 5 stars for Seattle.

I'm basing my opinion on the rehersal clips as well as reviews from the Army, and other sources.

That and a simple reality of life----A tour with ROTH---Never---EVER sucks! Never has----Never will! The Mighty Van Halen Lives!

Exhibit A
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f-iSsCTF9d8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f-iSsCTF9d8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Hyman Roth
09-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Fairwrning
Oh Fuck ..this is gonna get ugly folks..buckle up..

LMMFAO!!

Combat Ready
09-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Yeah...okay...I'll let Dave know that that show he played in Corry fucking Pennsylvania...

in front of about 100 screaming fans...

wasn't as bad as he fucking thought...

This is the shit I'm talking about. I'm glad you have a blind belief that Roth does nothing wrong.

I don't, and won't...ever.

In other words...I'm dosed in reality...

so sue me...

Ok---so, do you still have the opinion that the tour will suck----Or not? If so---We agree to disagree!

Hyman Roth
09-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Ok---so, do you still have the opinion that the tour will suck----Or not? If so---We agree to disagree!

Dude STFU and let him finish why don't you?

Combat Ready
09-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth

Just a friendly debate of opinions here.

POJO_Risin
09-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Okay...Combat Ready...

Shut the fuck up so I can finish this review.

Your THAT GUY that tells the guy that give YOU A FUCKING FORUM to yap his mouth off about the band that he's a fucking bandwagoner...

Which is utterly fucking ridiculous.

It's that plain and simple.

Your THAT GUY that says Dave can do nothing wrong.

Your THAT GUY that BEFORE all the YouTube bullshit came out said, DAVE CAN DO NOTHING WRONG, but now uses the YouTube bullshit to back up your point.

DO YOU WANT ME TO POINT OUT THE BLUEGRASS AS A CASE IN POINT AT WHY DAVE WASN'T UP TO PAR FOR A TOUR LIKE THIS?

Are you going to say THAT made him ready for VH? Was him doing that the pointed factor that made you say 'a tour with roth never...ever...sucks?'

Did you go and see him in Corry in 1995...when he was as enthusiastic as a stone playing in front of 100 of your neighborhood drunks? Was that tour special?

Vegas?

Diamond Dave?

Like I said...blind faith?

Idiotic.

Period.

I can watch YouTube until I'm blue in the fucking face...and I could have waited until then to voice my opinion...

I could have waited until Roth and Ed and the band practiced for hours every day to voice my opinion...but I didn't.

What I don't have...is blind faith...

what I do have...

is an opinion...

that was rooted in doubt.

Not Blind Faith...

THAT I FUCKING HAD 10 OTHER TIMES IN THE PAST TEN FUCKING YEARS THAT ALL BLEW UP IN EVERYONE'S FACE.

So irregardless of what I think or thought about the tour...

That's the real deal.

So don't stand there...on your high and mighty mountain...and profess that you are the keeper of the wagon...

because you guessed right once...out of about fucking 20 reunion attempts.

And if you try and sell every tour that roth ever did as...what did you say..."never suck"ing...

Then you are naive...period.

Carmine
09-30-2007, 02:31 PM

IF YA SMEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL....

WHAT THE ROTH..............................

IS COOKIN....

;)

sadaist
09-30-2007, 02:35 PM

It matters not. Dave hasn't been so great over the last few years. Alex has a hard time moving his neck. Eddie has been a drunken bum. And Wolfgang was unproven. So, they pulled a miracle from somewhere. Eddie looks sober, healthy and can play guitar again. Alex seems happy. Wolfgang is doing a respectable job. Dave is singing his ass off maybe because he knew this would be big and rehearsed a lot, or maybe because VH brings out his best. Either way, the way these guys were 12 months ago, a tour seemed like it would have been an embarrassment to the CVH legacy. It feels so good to be proven wrong:)

ROTH ON!!!

POJO_Risin
09-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Part 2: The Meeting with Fairwrning

I've known Fairwrning for hell...6 years now...from the site. He lives relatively close...but haven't ever met. We had talked about golfing here and there, but never gotten around to it.

Mostly, we bust each others fucking balls about Fantasy Football Leagues. Yeah, he crushed me last week. Such is life. He wins the meaningless, regular season games. I win the titles...against him...

;)

Oh, yeah...the review.

I called the bastard from the car five minutes before getting to the hotel, and sure enough, he had just pulled in to the Red Roof, and was waiting in the parking lot. We get out of the car, and three seconds later, after shaking hands, we were physically accosted by a guy selling fake VH shirts in the Red Roof Inn parking lot. He was selling them for $20, and they were going for $35 and $40 at the arena. So, here's what you need to picture, to understand. You know the regular concert shirts...they are cheap, thin, and not worth the money...but they are legit...and aren't all fucked up. These $20 shirts were. "They are the real prints," the dude mumbled to us...but they weren't. The front was reasonable close to the classic VH logo...but the back was nowhere near the real shirt. If the tour shirts suck for $40, these shirts were far worse. Let me put it this way...

If you wiped your ass with the shirt, you would have had tearing. Do yourself a fucking favor...buy the real thing.

So, after talking with wrning a bit...we dropped off our shit, and headed for Big Dogs. This is not before deciding to take Wrning's Mustang...one car. Now...I have owned a '65 mustang during my early days as a driver...and the only time I had been in the backseat of ANY mustang was to meet and greet with high school girlfriends. I seem to recall the 60's versions of Mustangs to have a bit more room than the 2000's versions.

Yeah...I've gained some weight since MY Mustang. But jesus h. christ. Mustangs weren't built to SIT in the backseat, which is what I did. Wrning wasn't kidding when he says he thought we might need the fucking Jaws of Life to get me out of the back...

I don't care if you fucking weigh 120 pounds, don't SIT in the back seat of a mustang.

Fuck in one, by all means...

Just don't sit...

That being said...we were off to Big Dog's...or whatever the fuck it was called...

I'm still trying to figure out if we were talking about Dogs or Puppies or some other kind of sexual connotation...

Fairwrning
09-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah..we really should make a point to play somewhere..its an easy drive..just watch out for the fuckin deer at night..I passed 4 right on the side of the road coming back last night..if any of em had decided to jump..I woulda been sitting on the side of the highway at 2 am..
And the T-shirt guy nailed some other guys in the hotel lot for shirts..dumbasses..I wonder how much cash that guy rakes in each show

POJO_Risin
09-30-2007, 03:49 PM
Part 3: Big Dogs

We pulled into Big Dogs, and there was a sizeable Armada of Army contingent already there. By the time we we settled in, here was the complete roll call...with some thoughts about each.

Hyman Roth--Really the hunter/gatherer of this here Roth Army Reunion. You couldn't meet a more cordial person in all the world. This guy is a Van Halen fan...and to put it plainly, is just an outstanding individual. The man could work a freakin' room, and he did just that...welcoming everyone...and holding about 20 different conversations at once. Yo Hyman, WTF happened to Charlene Tilton and Nancy...did they show up?

Plexi-Brown--Here's the guy that just tells it like it is...no doubt about it. I believe last night's show made the 78th VH show he's been to, and he's got a few more planned down the road. It was a pleasure throwing down some beers with Plexi-Brown...and I gotta tell you...his take on a few of you cracked me the fuck up...of course...he was right...but that's beside the point. Oh, and PB...just so you know...as far as Alias' go...WARF isn't everyone...just most everyone...

damngoodtimes--DGT is a DDLR member...but ventures over here on occasion. He's from my hometown...and we spent the afternoon throwing down about Ohio Sports...like we do in the forums. Yeah, we talked some VH...DGT had gone to the Charlotte show...so I had to shut him the fuck up about it so he wouldn't fuck with my clear head. Good guy...hoping to see him venture to the Army a bit more.

Vain--This guy was fucking everywhere. I swear to Christ, after we went to the show, this guy was at every beer stand I happened to be at. East Side...West Side...North Side...South Side...EVERYWHERE! He was there with his girl...and knows his VH shit...I'm half expecting this motherfucker to show up on my back deck...

Fairwrning--douchebag

Va Beach--asshole

Vince--rolled out the IPhone, and showed me YouTube from Ed's solo from the night before. It was the only YouTube that I saw...but shit...I wanted to see the IPhone first. Made me want to switch to AT&T...for a second.

Biteyoass--Also there with his girl...and also extremely knowledgable about VH...he rolled out early after throwing down a few...to check out the lot, and the early crowd.

Ellylions--It was an absolute pleasure to meet her and her hubby. She was in the same boat as me...for the most part. She hadn't looked up any of the shit beforehand for the same reasons that I did. And for those that were wondering, yeah...she's hot. And Elly...I'm saying that in the most of plutonic ways...it's just a fact. No disrespect to your man in the least. I'm just here to deliver the facts.

Yo...if I forgot anyone...blame the booze.

So...we all shot the shat about a whole bunch of shit...from VH...to where everyone was from (from Florida to Illinois to Virginia to NC to SC to Georgia to Chicago)...

No shit...

Va Beach had posted some articles about VH from a local mag called Yes, and the writer showed up after talking to Hyman. He was throwing around tickets like candy, and did a piece on the Army for his post-game.

It all started dissipated around 6:00. Apparently Ziggy Marley's brother was something to see...

not for me though...

We hung back until we were last out...then headed to the show...not to go in just yet...

there was parking lot to attend too.

Hyman Roth
09-30-2007, 04:04 PM
LMAO - thanks for the kind words but the pleasure was all mine. Yeah you guys missed it - I took Charlene and Nancy back to my pad and played them that Doobie Brothers song "Long Train Runnin'".

I'm still working on that project you asked me to complete - I can probably have it to you by the end of the evening.

Great thread, Pojo - I hope you decide to post more often.

Fairwrning
09-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Um...yeah..I would have to agree with the statement that Elly is an extremely attractive lady indeed..and great personality to match from what I saw.
Charlene and Nancy werent to far behind either..

POJO_Risin
09-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Part 4: Red Rocker Rev-a-WHATTHEFUCK?

I would like this time to address a couple of things, starting with the Red Rocker Revolution. Now, I'm not really sure what the fuck it's all about, but apparently, somewhere, there is a faction called the Red Rocker Revolution that are going to protest, or some stupid fucking business.

So...here it goes. Dear Red Rocker Revolution. I would like to invite you to the Roth Army. Please feel free to come on over here, and protest away. We would absofuckinglutely LOVE it if you would visit and share your fucking gay ass views.

Red Rocker Revofuckinglution.

Congratulations 3R, you are officially the gayest fucking sort I ever did see.

Well...didn't see...because they sure the fuck didn't show up to any shows, or they have gotten the shit kicked out of them.

I do want to share one other quick story right after I found out about the RRR. Vain was a ***** at the Charlotte Show. He got to go to the soundcheck, where someone tried to run them out. Edward Van Halen spoke up, as he was interacting with them, and said, "Aren't they supposed to be here?" Another good sign...Ed's actually ACKNOWLEDGING THE FANS. Is he waking out of the haze?

moose
09-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Red rocker revo.................fuckin funny.............!!!

wiseguy
09-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Wow...you don't think too highly of yourself do you...this is nail biting stuff really.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-30-2007, 04:45 PM
LMFAO !!!

Dave's PA Rental
09-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by wiseguy
Wow...you don't think too highly of yourself do you...this is nail biting stuff really.

uh...wha?

Ellyllions
09-30-2007, 05:11 PM
Just to let you all know, the ARmy is hosting some very handsome men as well! :)

And thank you for the compliments. Hubby's not jealous like that. He loves it when men find me attractive.

It was a pleasure meeting you all.
Oh and Fairwarning, you've got some gorgeous hair!

riggodrill44
09-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Are you serious?

Red Rocker Revolution???

Are those the people who leave the concert saying, "On Fire, I'm the One, Mean Street, DOA... why didn't they play 5150 or When It's Love?"

Hey, Red Rocker Revolution... lose the tour schedule. We don't want to see your lame banners or you sitting motionless with your arms folded in front of you with a scowl on your puss.

So, go get a shot of tequila, get in your 4 door sedan, which I am sure is painted red, put on your local lite rock FM station and take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese.

We'll be handling the real rock 'n roll from now on.

light 'em up!
09-30-2007, 05:27 PM
I was pessimistic.

I was expecting the worst too, and man was I wrong.

It was better than good. It was so good that if the tour comes close to me again, I will go for a seat in the Pit.

light 'em up!
09-30-2007, 05:31 PM
If the rest of the tour is half as good as what I saw last night, the Van Hagar era will begin to take it's rightful place in history as one of the greatest piles of shit ever to emerge from rock & roll.

We at the Army have always known that, and now the rest of the world is about to get educated on this topic.

Sammy must be crapping his pants now, becasue he of all people knows the truth. He's always known and he's always feared Roth because of it.

POJO_Risin
09-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Part5: The Parking Lot

Yes Wiseguy...I'm the most important person in the whole wide word...you little douchebag you...

Okay...the big deal with the parking lot was simple. In Hagar lots, both versions of Van Halen have always been played....period...end of story.

I wanted to mingle around...and see how true that was with the Roth Crowd...or more preferable...wasn't...

After cramming into the sardine-can one more time...to the coliseum we went...and of course...as we pulled in...there's the crew from Big Dogs throwing around the frisbee.

Let me clear up the "throwing the frisbee around" to, the frisbee would get thrown...nobody would catch it, and off they'd all go...running after it. By the time we pulled in the slot, they had put the frisbee away...thank all that's holy.

We partook in a few beers, and started shooting the shit about the Army, and some of the other sites. Let's just say there were some interesting thoughts on all of the sites...

With that said, the parking lot was full of Van Halen...and not one radio or CD player had anything that remotely SOUNDED like Bette's greatest hits. As a matter of fact, the predominant discs all seemed to be VH boots. This was obviously a crowd of serious VH fans. It says a lot that there's a crowd of people that really can't sell out a show anymore...that play ALL VH as though it were equal...and a BIGGER fan base...real VH fans...that know to play Van Bette is sacriligious.

Such is life.

After a bit of talk...a car pulled in next to our spot carrying a couple of buxom VH fans...Charlene Tilton and Nancy...

It didn't take long for Hyman to turn into an episode of "The Pick-Up Artist." Hyman was workin' the ladies over, but it was closing towards 8:00...so with a couple of pat's on the ass, and directions to Big Dog's after the show, off we went...it was closing on 8:00, and Brother of Ziggy was nearly over.

It was time to head to the Arena...

Fairwrning
09-30-2007, 05:41 PM
LMAO...did somebody call Pojo full of himself..:D
Yeah..that fuckin guy..offered to pay for the coliseum parking..offered me a spot in the hotel room floor since I had a few beers..what a prick.
And thanks for the compliment Elly..glad you're hubby is not the jealous type..he's fuckin huge...he would get in a fight every time you guys went out..

POJO_Risin
09-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah...I offered to take his ticket on the floor four inches away from the fucking stage...

but he didn't accept...the sumbitch...

;)

wiseguy
09-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Ha ha ha, sorry...didn't mean to throw you off your game...what are you doing talking to me??keep typing man I gots to know WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!

PlexiBrown
09-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Oh, and PB...just so you know...as far as Alias' go...WARF isn't everyone...just most everyone...

;)

PlexiBrown
09-30-2007, 06:10 PM
It was a pleasure throwing down some beers with Plexi-Brown

Thanks Pojo! It was a good time! Yesterday was a reminder of what Van Halen with Dave is all about. It was a pleasure drinking a few with you too.

DrMaddVibe
09-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Pojo, I'm glad you changed your mind and went to the show. It sounds like the Roth Army was well represented.

AWESOME!

Cheers to all that went, and thanks for the reviews.

POJO_Risin
09-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Part 6: THE SHIRT

Here's a surreal moment, and if you are checking out the show...check it out for yourself. It looks like being a VH fan in the 70's and 80's paid off. In the parking lot, the cars sure as fuck have changed from banked up GTO's and Camaros...

I saw Beamers, BMW's, Mercedes, a Jag, a bunch of Lexus' and two Vettes. That was just on the way from where we were parked...there was half a lot that we didn't even see.

I was also a bit taken with the variety of fans. You had a slew of people varying in age from their 50's and 60's...to their teens. There were a bunch of Dad's bringing their kids to show their sons that Rock and Roll THEN was much better than NOW...except for Then COULD BE Now...

Oh Yeah...the shirt...

Va Beach decided to squeeze his ass into his 1984 tour shirt.

I want to say it was this shirt...but I truly didn't pay all that much attention to it...although I was probably the only one on the planet.

http://i14.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/b9/20/5436_1.JPG

So...we start walking around, looking for a pisser. We find one, and it's like the WOMEN'S Rest room at every major sporting event in the country...lined out the door from the overconsumption of booze.

Then...it began...

Up Comes Redneck Bob...

"Yo'dere! Is dat dere shirt the real deal, whowee, I had one of dem dere shirts myself. I cn't fit in me shirt do...whowee, good to see dat shert!"

He went on...and on...and on...

Chripes...he just needed to add a dowa' or a jaeat to make it complete.

As we walked around the building...you would have thought that VaBeach was a fucking Victoria's Secret model. I saw more dude's head's snap to look at his shirt, as I would have had if I had a naked Elle MacPherson walking next to me. No offense Va...but I'd pick Elle every fucking time...

Yeah, the girls were interested as well. I stopped to look at NEW shirts, and I look over to Va...who's waiting in a corner next to one end of the arena...and the next thing I know...she flashing her tits at him. No, we didn't get to nipple...but we got fucking close. When I asked him what the fuck was going on...when I got over there...he told me she was going to show her ample rack for the shirt...

Va still has the shirt...she got pissed the hell off...DAMN YOU VA!

In all seriousness, there was such a freakin' cross section of hot women...of all ages...It was dumbfounding...

Then there was fucking Fabio...with the feathered mullet straight out of the 70's. He had on a new tour shirt...with the sleaves cut off. Who knew that Fabio was A VAN HALEN FAN. GO FABIO YOU FAGGOT! Talk about ridiculous.

This is also where Vain became known as the fly on the wall...that motherfucker WAS EVERYFUCKINGWHERE!

Yeah, there was even a Shambone Hagarolio lookalike...with a grean beachcomer shirt...long, nappy, curly hair...

yeah...nice look Red Rocker Revoloser...

It was 8:30...and time to head into the arena...

Steve Savicki
09-30-2007, 07:24 PM
For those that met up - glad you all had fun. :cool:

POJO_Risin
09-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Part 7: Pre-Game Show

I have got to tell you...there was some serious buzz in the arena. It was in the concourse, and boy...I can't even tell you the sound in the arena. It was jammed packed, and the anticipation was unbelievable.

Of course, there was the VH blimp flying all over the place. Once we were in our seats, I called Fairwrning...and got his locale. He still didn't want to change seats...but to let you know the noise...I couldn't hear him from that 'buzz.'

It was electric...everyone was pumped. There were some couples all around Va and myself...which was a bit odd for a Roth show...but like I said...this crowd was a cross section OF EVERYONE.

At about 8:40, they started running sound checks from Wolfie's side...and the damn crowd started going crazy...

and there was Va...next to me...yawning in anticipation. You yawning bastard. I don't know if he saw someone yawning...or what the fuck...but the next thing I know...half the rows around me are yawning...surreal...because I was lit with anticipation, as they unveiled the setup. Remember...I knew NOTHING about it. There was a Mammoth screen in the background...with an S-Shape portion of stage that started behind Al's drum kid, about 20-feet high...and snaked down to the floor, and out into the crowd, so that VH could roll out into the crowd.

The crowd was getting louder, and of course...the every three minute sound-check was creating a sort of frenzy.

I had a nice view of the girl in front of me...who just had the biggest boobers I had ever seen...which made me revisit how HOT most of the women were there, but that's beside the point...VH...

At 8:50, we noticed that there was smoke or steam blowing out of some of the sound and light boards...I'm sure they were supposed to do that...but hell...it made me think it was all part of what was to come. Nobody was paying attention to the smoke...

Then the lights went down...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Part 7: Pre-Game Showand there was Va...next to me...yawning in anticipation. You yawning bastard. I don't know if he saw someone yawning...or what the fuck...but the next thing I know...half the rows around me are yawning...surreal...because I was lit with anticipation, as they unveiled the setup.

ROFLMFAO !!!!

I knew it !!! I knew you were writing that shit down....

chi-town324
09-30-2007, 08:20 PM
your on a roll Pojo...stop so i can go make some popcorn

POJO_Risin
09-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Don't worry...I'll finish this...lmfao...

but Va...I'm on like page three of my notes...I have like forty more pages to get through...

jhale667
09-30-2007, 08:52 PM
This is a cool thread! I so wish I'd been there. :D

Steve Savicki
09-30-2007, 10:30 PM
but Va...I'm on like page three of my notes...I have like forty more pages to get through...
Notes are useful... especially when one may have had a little too much to drink...:p

G'night and happy writing!:cool:

VAiN
09-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Hey guys,

Great to meet you all... I'm listening to the show now... great times!

POJO_Risin
09-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Part 8: THE SHOW

The lights are down...there's a fucking half-assed curtain that's covering about 25% of the stage...VH is about to come on...

and someone holds up their fucking cell phone, and I see, two rows in front of me, these two douchebags with 5150 shirts. You have got to be kidding me. Of course, according to those 'in the know,' those fans are the REAL VH Fans! Yeah...I just threw up a bit in my mouth too...

Then...and this is within about two seconds...I start thinking...hmmmm...no Eddie Chant...that's a first...

Then...like two seconds later...there's the Eddie chant...

and two seconds after that...

The guitar screech...and there's Eddie...looking fucking awesome...

The crowd went absolutely fucking balistic (sidebar...the place was packed more full than I had ever seen it, and I saw Kiss/Aerosmith there) As the Curtain goes up, and the lights come up...there's Roth...standing at the top of the S with the Red Flag...waving it back and forth...

as Eddie shreds into "You Really Got Me," there's an immediate energy...it's immediate.

Va actually turned around and said he couldn't hear Dave because of the crowd...

the place was fucking frenzied...and Dave came down, and immediately went over and started playing off of Ed...back and forth...

I made a point to look over at Wolfie...and he was doing his thing. I immediately thought...he doesn't fit...but did notice that he could play...

I also noted that Wolfie was playing a base painted like Frank...

So...Ed Solos in You Really Got Me...and this douchebag with the 5150 shirt immediately does the Samass 5150 halen sign with his hands. I tried to spit on him...not sure if I made it though in the dark...

Ed and Dave spent the whole song, for the most part, throwing the smiles back and forth...and truth be told...I couldn't tell how true it was...yet...

I did notice that Eddie was back. You could tell...there was some fire there...

He then went right INTO 'I'm the One," just after patting Dave on the back...

So...at the part in I'm the One where Dave rolls with, "Honey, I'm the One...the one you love...c'mon baby show your love...HAAAAAIIIIIII..."

He flat fucking nails that scream...flat out fucking drops it down like it's 1975. And that's when I realized that I'd never heard Dave THAT good...the register wasn't lower by any stretch. He was hitting notes he hasn't hit in 15 years....

So just as I'm getting goosebumps...

the music stops...flat fucking stops...

David Walked over to Eddie...gets side-by-side...and they both bow together...I glance at Wolfie...who bowed late...it was kinda funny. Anyways...Dave and Eddie bowed...then hugged...which was planned...and the place went fucking nuts...and got louder...and louder...and louder...

Dave had Cheese smile on his face...and Eddie was smiling...then it happened...and it was legit...Dave's face cracked...just for a second...but it cracked. I can't explain it...you have to know the cheese face to get it...and he was tearing up...Eddie had to put his hands up to his face...

What a fucking moment...

Then they shredded into the rest of the song...

and as it ended...Wolfie hauled up the S to the top, and stood up top and started hammering out 'Running With the Devil...'

Dave rolled out the Red Mat Hatter hat as Wolfie rolled down to his mic, where his Dad met him, and they were singing on the same mic...

Ed rolled back over to his side, and started singing with Dave right up to the solo...when Dave growled..."Sing it Eddie..." Then Dave put the red hat on Eddie...and it went completely over his eyes...hilarious...and Ed kept it on...and looked utterly ridiculous...

The song ended...and for the first time..., they stopped...I was out of breath...so was the crowd...

more in my next post...

PlexiBrown
09-30-2007, 11:44 PM
So...Ed Solos in You Really Got Me...and this douchebag with the 5150 shirt immediately does the Samass 5150 halen sign with his hands. I tried to spit on him...not sure if I made it though in the dark...

Man....you just made me spit iced tea all over my monitor!

Dan
09-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Damn,This Thread Is Great.

POJO_Risin
10-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown

Look...Plexi...

I would have leapt over the big-tittied girl in front of me...onto the 5150 fucks...I even had the springboard off the 34DDDD planned...then realized I'd rather rub them then jump on them...then realized I'd miss the show if I did either...

such is life...

Not done talking about the titties...

or the 5150 dudes...

PlexiBrown
10-01-2007, 12:07 AM
When I was walking toward the arena there were these two guys outside of their car listening to Van Hagar. I will bet that these are the same guys that you are talking about.

POJO_Risin
10-01-2007, 12:08 AM
Guys...the rest of the review will have to get put up tomorrow...

there's a lot to it...

and I'm fucking beat...

Hyman Roth
10-01-2007, 12:56 AM
You know - about the hug being "planned" - I'm not sure I agree with
that. It seemed spontanious and genuine to me. And if my memory
serves correctly, they did not hug in Charlotte.

You're doing a great job describing the audience "frenzy", Pojo. Its
hard to put it to words but I have never seen anything like it at any
concert I have attended (and I've seen a few). I'm sure I am not the
only one talking like Peter Brady when his voice changed today! I
yelled my fucking head off the entire night. But when they went in for
that hug - the audience just went bonkers. It must have been louder
than anything coming from the stage that night.

light 'em up!
10-01-2007, 01:19 AM
You're doing a great job describing the audience "frenzy", Pojo. Its
hard to put it to words but I have never seen anything like it at any
concert I have attended (and I've seen a few).

It was beyond amazing! I can't stop thinking about it. And this is only the beginning! This tour is only 2 dates old!

light 'em up!
10-01-2007, 01:27 AM

...then it happened...and it was legit...Dave's face cracked...just for a second...but it cracked. I can't explain it...you have to know the cheese face to get it...and he was tearing up...Eddie had to put his hands up to his face...

Everyone saw it on the video screen. It was emotion on the grandest of scales. Very powerful!

PlexiBrown
10-01-2007, 01:51 AM

From laughing, that is.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-01-2007, 07:31 AM
You're doing a great job describing the audience "frenzy", Pojo. Its hard to put it to words but I have never seen anything like it at any
concert I have attended (and I've seen a few).

The only other concert that I've been too that was that nuts, ironically enough, was VH in San Diego, '84.... Obviously I attributed that to the VH-backyard Southern California crowd...

But that crowd during that first four songs was un-fucking-believable....

VanHalener
10-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Not to interrupt, but I have to say to the Special Red Olympian 5150 fucks and the Bette Midler Protest Society members...
http://i8.tinypic.com/4yjy7o2.gif

Romeo Delight
10-01-2007, 09:45 AM

Just awesome!

DLR'sCock
10-01-2007, 12:33 PM
A great read Pojo, I can't wait to experience it all in a few hours!

WARF
10-01-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm at a loss for words.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by WARF
I'm at a loss for words.

Shit, he's just getting started... ;)

WARF
10-01-2007, 05:01 PM
I fucking hate having to sit here drooling all over my keyboard, waiting for pojo to complete his review.

:)

knuckleboner
10-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Look...Plexi...

I would have leapt over the big-tittied girl in front of me...onto the 5150 fucks...I even had the springboard off the 34DDDD planned...then realized I'd rather rub them then jump on them...then realized I'd miss the show if I did either...

such is life...

Not done talking about the titties...

or the 5150 dudes...

i don't care how fucking drunk or excited you are, POJ, you do NOT rub 5150 dudes...

damngoodtimes
10-01-2007, 05:16 PM
yeah, that moment was real... anyone who was there knows it

Hyman, my voice is toast, too

oh, and during RWTD, I think that's when Dave shoved the hat down over Eddie's eyes and told him to do it "Stevie Wonder style"

damngoodtimes
10-01-2007, 05:31 PM

damngoodtimes--DGT is a DDLR member...but ventures over here on occasion. He's from my hometown...and we spent the afternoon throwing down about Ohio Sports...like we do in the forums. Yeah, we talked some VH...DGT had gone to the Charlotte show...so I had to shut him the fuck up about it so he wouldn't fuck with my clear head. Good guy...hoping to see him venture to the Army a bit more.

pojo, thanks for the kind words. it's kind of funny, cause I thought you were an asshole!!!:D

good to meet you man, look forward to seeing the rest of your write-up! in all seriousness, I wasn't sure about heading over to Greensboro after the trip from Atlanta to Charlotte on Thursday. in a way, it seemed unnecessary and almost certain to be a letdown. but getting to hang out with all of you guys became a real highlight of a phenomenal weekend.

Oh, and pojo, send me those sports links when you get a chance (go Tribe).

damngoodtimes
10-01-2007, 05:32 PM
and the show was definitely NOT a letdown, btw

Hyman Roth
10-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by damngoodtimes
pojo, thanks for the kind words. ...I thought you were an asshole!!!...

http://e.photos.cx/fishes-94d.jpg

hmmm...I'm sorry I missed you on Saturday. I guess you didn't introduce yourself by your username. I was looking for you.

damngoodtimes
10-01-2007, 05:52 PM
yeah, man... we talked. I thought I gave my name to everyone.

I was sitting next to pojo out on the patio. "it ain't VH..." t-shirt

Ellyllions
10-01-2007, 05:55 PM
I remember you!

damngoodtimes
10-01-2007, 05:57 PM
actually, I guess I was next to VaBeach.

shit there was beer involved, it's fuzzy.

I was staring into the sun talking to pojo most of the afternoon, until my dumb ass decided to slide into the shade; that much I do remember

POJO_Risin
10-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Part 8a: THE FUCKING SHOW

Alright...so they stop...

finally...and the crowd fucking erupted again...

I mean...You Really Got Me...I'm the One...Running With the Devil...

Now, Va and I had been singing the entire time...I had a headache already from yelling...I'm already drained...AND IT'S BEEN THREE FUCKING SONGS...

Then Dave swaggers over to the middle of the stage, looks out to the crowd...the lights come up, and he screams...

"LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE HERE TONIGHT...YEAH..."

And man...you thought the fucking show was buzzing before...bam...the saying that most people think as an afterthought at this point...the place erupted...

then Dave pauses...and he voice cracking...he says..."YOU HAVE NO IDEA, WHAT AN HONOR, OR A PRIVELEDGE IT IS TO BE HERE TONIGHT"

I was speachless. For five years, I've been pissed off...utterly pissed off that these fuckers didn't give a flying fuck about the fans...and in one statement...you fucking realize that they DO give a shit about the fans...

The crowd went off...and before you could catch your fucking breath from that, bam...Romeo Delight, and Dave starts rolling into the Karate that he continued the rest of the night.

Eddie and Wolfie were rolling together...and BOTH were finger tapping...it's also the first time I noticed Ed's low-top Chuck Taylor's.

Dave walked over to Wolfie's side during Romeo Delight while they were singing...and keeps looking over at Wolfie...and says..."This is called building tension..."

To show off Wolfie a bit...and he hit every note with Dave...

As the song finished off...Dave grabbed the harmonica...and a megaphone...and started playing the harmonica into the megaphone. As Ed rips into Somebody Get Me a Doctor...Dave...and I don't know how many folks heard it...but he started playing the siren off the megaphone...I was laughing my ass off...because you could see Dave was just fucking around...laughing HIS ass off...

In the middle of the tune...again...Dave and Ed meet in the middle of the stage...and Dave starts singing...with Ed matching his singing...they had done it earlier...in You Really Got me...

Here we were...at the fifth song...and I was already thinking this was, if not the BEST show I'd been too...the most FUN I'd had at a show...I couldn't cheer...because I was laughing so damn hard watching Ed and fucking Dave play off each other...it was magic...me wise magic I suppose you could say...

I want to predicate the next portion...by telling you that I'm not a fan of Dance the Night Away...which they played next...but now I see why the fucking played it.

Like Running With the Devil...the fans jumped right into it...and were singing it word for word...

Dave went right to Eddie's side...again...and had a yellow and black Mad Hatter hat. Dave walked up to the front of the stage...and sticks the black hat on his dick...and there was some kinda rigging or something...because Dave let go of the hat...and it stayed right there...on his dick...

Glad my girl wasn't there...

anyways...Dave is fucking posing with the hat on his dick...making muscle poses...funny shit. Wolfie had run behind him, and they finished the song, after some lyric play with the crowd.

At the start of the Atomic Punk, they had the Eddie Cam rolling, and Eddie was shredding. Here's the thing folks. When you've seen Eddie as much as I have...you know when he's playing, or just dialing it in. Folks, he was playing. The energy was unfuckingbelievable from Ed. He was fucking feeling it...you know...mouth moving with every note...but his body was just vibrating with the music...as he played...it's hard to explain...but if any of you have seen Ed dial it in (anything in the past 6 years), you could tell...it was back.

I don't know if it's been sobriety...or Dave...or both...but Ed's back folks...

Ed's fucking back.

You all know that I haven't called Ed...Ed in years...I'm done with all that...

Welcome back Eddie...Welcome back...

Guitar Shark
10-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Much appreciated POJ... (and everyone else)..

Keep em coming!!

WARF
10-01-2007, 07:03 PM
It must have been a surreal experience... like watching a ghost from the past.

WARF
10-01-2007, 07:08 PM
It must have been a surreal experience... like watching a ghost from the past.

And watching Wolfie onstage... I mean could imagine being 16 and playing onstage with DAVID LEE FUCKING ROTH?!?!

Here's a dude who went from being spotted at a Britney Spears concert... and the little baby of Valerie Bertinelli... to the fucking bass player for Van Halen!

Could you imagine the fucking pressure. Does he even realize how much this music means to the REAL fans.

We're Talking about a kid who wasn't even alive when "A Little Ain't Enough" came out.

WARF
10-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Here's my only problem with the new band. I say put out a fucking album after the tour. If the magic is still there... then make a fucking album! The first six albums were fthe fucking soundtrack to my life... now it's time to see if the magic is still there in the studio... I mean... no more fucking nostalgia acts like a fucking POISON or WINGER tour. I want new material after this. I want new Van Halen music in my fucking cd player!

POJO_Risin
10-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Part 8B: THE MOTHERFUCKING SHOW

They are shredding through Atomic Punk...and Wolfie takes the opportunity to Eddie strut down the S-ramp zinging out about 20 picks...hitting hands along the way...

While Wolfie was doing this...Ed and Dave were side by side again...

and it dawned on me...again...

without Mike there...it really is the Ed and Dave show. I'm not putting down the drummer...but he's pretty non-existant anyways...

and Wolfie...is 16. He's there...and he's good...

but it really is Ed and Dave...so they are sitting there...and Ed can't come down the ramp...because he's wired up...and isn't on remote...

But Ed watched his boy for a bit...then went back to the Ed and Dave show...and there they were again...

When Wolfie came back...Dave walked with him to the front of the drum-riser...singing together for a moment...and there was Alex...smiling at the both of them...

If nothing else...Wolfie looked completely comfortable...and relaxed at that point...

Really, the whole band did.

They broke into Everybody Wants Some, and all three, Ed, Dave and Wolfie were together...Dave singing...the rest playing...all feeding off of one another...they split up, and Eddie then turned around...and ran over to Wolfie, to sing with him...

But this song seemed off a bit. I don't know if this was when the technical issues started, but Ed made a couple of, what I thought were mistakes...but then I noticed him gesturing over to someone...and pointing to his pedal, others noticed this at other parts of the show...so something was probably wrong. Still, the song rocked...and watching the three interacting was something to see...it was just odd watching Ed and Dave performing with a 16 year old...but Dave has often had younger musicians in his band...so this wasn't odd for him...

and Wolfie is good...

In the middle of this tune is when Eddie and Dave did their motorcycle battle. If you haven't heard about it yet...it was fucking funny as hell...Dave starts making moto noises with his mouth...and Ed starts DOING IT with his guitar. Dave does it a second time, and Ed just bursts on top of him, and blows him out of the water...Dave looks over at him, and says..."I can't beat that..."

Then the music stops...and Dave stares out in the crowd...and does...

NOTHING...

and he had 20,000 people eating out of his fucking hand. There he fucking was...Dave...

and he was back...

and anyone that says he's fucking selling out is a fucking joke to a Roth fan...and certainly...a joke to this board. At that point, you could see that this was Dave. This was his moment.

Since the show...I've looked up some comments...and I think it was Steve Lukather that said Dave was shredding people during the rehearsals...sound guys...light guys...the techs...hammering the fuck out of them...that comment about Dave shredding someone...for not doing their job...then walking over to Ed, saying something...them both laughing...and giving each other a high five...

that says something to me...

They bust back into the song...and eD starts busting into his scissor kicks...AND THAT brings over Dave...again...as they finish the song on the same side of the stage...

While Wolfie goes over to Al...and gets up on the side of the riser. They both start playing...Ed joins in...

So This is Love...and it felt like the first lull of the concert...but the crowd was still up and rolling...

First Eddie strolled over to Dave...and was singing off his mic...than Dave walked back over to Ed...and they were singing off his mic...

Are you getting the point here...they were side by side most of the night...

Then...Dave karate'd over to Wolfie...and they were singing together on the front of the ramp...before wolfie ran back down to his own mic.

The lights went down...and Dave ran over to Ed...and the two were whispering together about something. I was guessing it was something about the tech setup...

Then Ed ripped into the start of Mean Street...

Dave was there...and started singing on that side of the stage. The fuckers over there were really given a treat all night...because Dave was there 75% of the time...which was fine...because WE were over there.

Ed, Wolfie were on the ramp...singing with Dave again during Mean Streat...as David went up the side of the ramp....to get to the other fans...he did a nice job noodling with the fans that were close.

So...this fucking prick in front of me keeps looking over at this little fucking piece of paper, and I can't figure out what the fuck it is...and he kept fucking turning on his fucking dumbass cellphone to look at it...fucking 5150 faggot...

Then I realized what it was...

a setlist...a fucking set list...he didn't know the songs...and here's the topper...

in mid song...this faggot goes to get a beer...in the middle of his concert...

which is when I spilled MY warm beer (yeah you sick fucks...it was actual beer), on this chicks monster tits...right down the cleavage...she looked up and giggled...the whore...she knows the difference between a Roth fan and a Hagar fan...

boy they were big...to bad the shirt wasn't white...

He brought A FUCKING SET LIST...

While all of this was going on...Wolfie hauled ass up to the top again...yeah...he looked stiff as a board alright (sarcasm button)...

At the end of the tune...Dave rolled...

"Is Everybody having a good time so far!!!!"

Time for the Alex solo...

yeah...I'm going for piss too...

POJO_Risin
10-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Warf...I said that very sentence at least 20 times that night...

surreal describes it a whole bunch...

ESPECIALLY with Wolfie there...

I know we've all thought...

Wolfie's going to have a band someday...maybe called Van Halen...

or Wolfgang...or

Amadeus...or some shit like that...

and there he was...

and I remember sitting there thinking...I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE HE'S 16...

wow...

Guitar Shark
10-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Here's my only problem with the new band. I say put out a fucking album after the tour. If the magic is still there... then make a fucking album!

Couldn't agree more... especially from what I've seen so far.

WARF
10-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Pojo,

I'm gonna drive up Raleigh and murder you, if I don't find out what happens to the 5150 setlist toolbag tonight! lol

chi-town324
10-01-2007, 07:48 PM
JFC....i feel like i have already seen it ...great review my man...you have skills...keep it comin!!

chi-town324
10-01-2007, 07:50 PM
15 days to Chicago!!!

Ellyllions
10-01-2007, 07:55 PM
He. brought. a. fucking. set. list?
You're kidding, right?

POJO_Risin
10-01-2007, 08:04 PM
No...I'm not kidding...

He had it...in his fucking hand...

don't worry...

Va saved the day...because I was about to fucking kill him...

That's coming up though...

Now...realize...Va's been quite the whole night...and when I say quiet...I mean...completely focused on the show...

So have I....but I keep seeing this shit out of my periphery...and he knows me well enough to get pissed off...and get in a fucking brawl...

Now...Va...he's a lot more to the point about it...I'm like a pan full of water that's about to boil.

Va's just a matter of fact about it...

But more on that later...

the fun's about to begin...!!!

BITEYOASS
10-01-2007, 08:30 PM

Biteyoass--Also there with his girl...and also extremely knowledgable about VH...he rolled out early after throwing down a few...to check out the lot, and the early crowd.

Hey, to date I've seen Dave solo and =VH= both once. Now compared to everyone else there, I'm just a Novice when it comes to =VH= even though I've been on the RothArmy since it first began. Hell my fiancee saw Dave in concert three times before I met her and has a shitload of solo memorabilia. But compared to people in my age bracket, I'm way fuckin ahead of em'. BTW I was downing Coca-Cola and didn't wanna risk castration by drinking beer. Ahh, the power of Pussy! Yeah, come on sing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUtNGe0br2E LOL :D

POJO_Risin
10-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Part 8C: The WAWAZAT MOTHERFUCKING SHOW

You know something...the solo hasn't come yet...ignore that...it came after this tune...

anyways...

They bust into Pretty Woman...and Dave was still hitting the high notes...and at this point...he and wolfie are grooving through it...

No, it wasn't like Mike...but it wasn't bad...

Ignore the shit about Wolfie not playing as well as Mike. No, he doesn't play the same...but I think he's as good...and like I said...that fucker NEVER LOOKS AT HIS BASS...EVER...

I don't like Pretty Woman...but here's what struck me...

It sounded IDENTICAL to the disc...fuck me...identical...24 years ago...and a 16 year old bass player...

fucking A...

Setlist guy was really studying...and I was pissed...

Now...the drum solo...

It was alright...I did notice some folks leaving...5150 guy with big tit girlfriend left again...and Va could tell how worked the fuck up I was...

lmfao...

Guys with his fucking cellphone...

I'm about to drill him in the head...

but he was gone...

So I said to his girl...during the drum solo...at the top of my lungs..."DOESN'T HE KNOW THE SONGS!!!!" And she says, "NO, HE'S ONLY BEEN TO A SAMMY SHOW WITH ME!!!!" And I said...big tits be damned...

"SAMMY IS A FAGGOT!"

And she says, "OH, YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE!"

And I say, "WHAT, A MAN?!?"

She gives me that snooty, Sammy FAGAR I'm better than you look...

and turns to watch the solo. I'll bet she didn't fucking know Alex' name...

So douchebag comes back...grabs out the fucking set list,

Va turns right around...and grabs the fucking thing right out of his hands...crumples it up...looks him in the eye, and yells...GREAT SHOW...AND FUCKING THROWS IT ABOUT TEN ROWS DOWN...

We both laughed...and that was that...5150 dude...and big tit whore ignored us the rest of the way...and are now just part of the story...

fucking assholes...

Post Drum Solo...and the fun really starts...

Now look...I was fucking beat to the ground...it was pretty much an hour of in your face...Van Halen...for the first time in 22 years...

So what do they open up part 2 with?

Something to slow it down????

HOW ABOUT FUCKING UNCHAINED...and out comes set of chains that Dave carries around the whole time. Now...I heard Ed play this during the Cherone show...

and this was NOTHING LIKE IT...

Wolfie was supposed to say, "C'mon Dave...give me a break..."

but he said...well...I don't know what the fuck he said...but it wasn't "C'mon Dave...give me a break..."

He sure as hell fucked it up...as Dave looked over...didn't really know what to do...then looked at Ed...and pointed...and laughed...

I wonder what he would have done if Mike had done that...probably not good...

Then the keyboards came rolling out...and time for I'll Wait...

Now...most people didn't want this song...but I fucking love it...the solo is one of the best in song solos of all time...

This was the FIRST time that Dave went on the ramp into the crowd, and Eddie went out over to Wolfie...Dave was really interacting...and acknowledging the crowd...shaking hands...

Then...during the solo...for the first time...I noticed that Ed had a black and white striped homage to frankie...I'm guessing was a Charvel...it was good seeing Ed using the stripes again...

He'd been using the sunburst Wolfgang up to that point.

Man...Ed was really shredding...

Dave worked his way back to the stage at the end of the tune...and yelled...

"Are you HAVING FUN GREENSBORO!!!"

And there it was...you know how the fucking energy lulls at most concerts...not here...the crowd went fucking nuts...

FUCKING CRAZY...

And again...bam...into And the Cradle Will Rock...

And Eddie brings out another Charvel...Yellow and Black...of course...

I Love this song...and Eddie was shredding it...there's no real other way to describe it...I watched him the entire time...and you can tell that he was putting some fucking work into it...really getting into it...Dave was next to him...looking amazed...it was phenomenal...

The Dave hits the "Have you seen Jr.'s grades..."

cept he says..."have you seen Wolfie's grades..."

Now...you know they've done that before...but fucking Ed and Dave were laughing like fucking little school girls...it was hilarious...

This is when Eddie flew across the stage at Wolfie...and slid on his knees halfway across the floor...ending up right at Wolfie...

It was incredible...

Right out of that...they blow into Hot for Teacher...which is one of my favorite tunes...

Dave is joking around during the beginning speaking parts...then walks over to Ed again...and they are just fucking tearing this song up...

But here's what struck me about this song...Wolfgang...

Wolfgang was nailing the high parts. This is one of those subtle songs...where Mike was hitting it so high...you really don't hear it. So I was really fucking curious...

I'm sure the reviews won't hit this...because they won't be paying attention...

but during the chorus...during that HIGH REGISTER spot...Wolfie was fucking nailing it...not close...but nailing it...it was unfucking believable...now...

Ed couldn't go down the ramp...during the solo...like on his table solo in the video...so Dave did...

That's when I fucking noticed it...

Fabio...remember fabio from the fucking Ramp...there he fucking is...about three feet in front of wrning...right on the fucking ramp...with his hand up...Dave walked by him...

fucking FABIO...you had to fucking see this fucker...

If I were Dave...I would have kicked him in the fucking skull.

So I look back up...still hot for teacher...and now Wolfie's singing the chorus by himself...

AND SOUNDED FUCKING GREAT...

and there was no background piped in...

Again...the POJO Review is the only one that caught that...

fuckers...

And of course...those fucksticks from three rows up...are now fucking doing the 3-lock-box VH sign...which pissed me off...because it was in direct line of our site...

Va and I both started yelling "MORONS...THIS ISN'T BETTE MIDLER..."

The whole back row started rolling with us...

Of course...they had no idea...

Litte Dreamer started...and Dave was back at the top of the S...above Al...

He stayed there the entire time...and this was pretty standard fare...and was the one time I felt like I could take a break. Wolfie had switched to a blue and white Frankie bass...

Then came the song I was waiting to hear for some odd reason...Little Guitars...

and Ed had a Red and White Charvel that looked like Frankie...or so I thought...more on that later...

Wolfie had changed to an orange and black, smaller bass...painted like Frankie...

Again...Wolfie was really showcasing the high register here...but so was Dave...

So...I'm turn my attention to the big screen, and the Ed-cam...and I noticed a lot of fucking nicks on the "Charvel." So...I climb all over Va to get a better look...and folks...that was no Charvel...

IT WAS FRANK!!!!!

Now...I don't know if it was Frank...because the rumors are that it was all fucked to hell...from Ed trying to fuck with it...or another one of his Frankenstrats...

Either way...it was old school...

DID ANYONE ELSE SEE FRANK???????

Holy fuck...I still can't believe it...I remember thinking...Dave...Ed...Frankie...

the history...

fuck...

damngoodtimes
10-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Pojo,

I'm gonna drive up Raleigh and murder you, if I don't find out what happens to the 5150 setlist toolbag tonight! lol

shit, man, then none of us get to hear!!! (oh, never mind...keep it up, poj)

Fairwrning
10-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Fabio..the guy with the wig on?..I do remember that guy...he and about 30 others worked their way down to the floor..and were quickly removed..but I think Fabio actually had a ticket and I recall him sitting 1 row back and on the other side of the aisle from me..I lost track after a few songs..
Poj..Dave was on the ramp for 'RWTD"..5-10 feet away from me there big guy;)
And..Christ..I didnt realize you and VA were so damn violent:D

POJO_Risin
10-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Don't worry...we're almost there...

and wrning...I don't know how the fuck I missed him on stage...

It had to have been when Eddie and Wolfie were singing...I was probably focused so much on that...that I missed Dave on the stage...

jhale667
10-01-2007, 10:05 PM

HOW ABOUT FUCKING UNCHAINED...and out comes set of chains that Dave carries around the whole time. Now...I heard Ed play this during the Cherone show...

and this was NOTHING LIKE IT...

Wolfie was supposed to say, "C'mon Dave...give me a break..."

but he said...well...I don't know what the fuck he said...but it wasn't "C'mon Dave...give me a break..."

He sure as hell fucked it up...as Dave looked over...didn't really know what to do...then looked at Ed...and pointed...and laughed...

Holy fuck...I still can't believe it...I remember thinking...Dave...Ed...Frankie...

the history...

fuck...

I just listened to the boot, and Wolfie does a total Butthead on it, he's like "Uh, Dave? Could you like, uh, give that person you're talking to...whoever that is...a break, or something?" :lol: Sounded totally funny, but I can see where it may have come off awkward live...:D

Oh, and POJO, I'm near certain those are the Frankie replicas, I hear he's not touring with the real one...

http://e.photos.cx/edrothandreplica-92e.jpg

Awesome review thus far! :baaa:

Va Beach VH Fan
10-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Actually Poj, after watching those videos, I now realize that we really had to endure a lot of our sound through the PA...

Some of those videos had great sound....

damngoodtimes
10-01-2007, 10:39 PM
yeah, VA, I was on the floor a few rows in front of the soundboards and the sound was MUCH better than when I was over on Eddie's side in Charlotte

POJO_Risin
10-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Part 8D: The BOP BOZDEBOZDE BOP WAWAZAT MOTHERFUCKING SHOW

So...now they bust into Jamie's Crying...

and Ed and Dave were rolling again...on Ed's side...

again...another high register, mike specialty...and Wolfie nailed it...He fucking nailed it...

And there they are again...the fucking Sammy fans...with the fucking faggot fucking Stupid-Ass Sammy Sign...I swear to christ...

and wrning...I'm relatively calm most of the time...but that shit really pisses me off...

So now...another break...for just a second...and the lights go off...and Va Beach and I both look at each other and say...

Ice Cream Man...

Dave comes out and asks if we want to hear a little story...and of course...a resounding yes...

Here's the story...

Well...a few years ago...I moved back to that little city called New York...so I could finish college. Back when we were in the band, we didn't have time for college. Anyways, I lived in this little apartment apartment...and I realized that everyone there wasn't from there, but from backyards just like this...

Well...it made me think about the old times, when we played in those backyards, and there was this one place, in Pasadena, and my friend Joe had this Ice Cream Truck...and when we'd play, we'd take all that Ice Cream out of Joe's Truck, and we'd fill that truck up with beer (crowd went nuts). That was back when pot still had seeds in it. Well, we'd get out a Pink Floyd Album, then roll up the reefer on the Pink Floyd Album. We never listened to the album, mind you, but we just used it to roll the pot, with all those seeds falling off. We'd shoot some darts...and we'd be so fucked up, we'd miss. And we would chip the paint off the board, and the wall, and all those little wholes would look like stars...and we'd look at those stars like we were in the S.S. Enterprise (hugh laughter)...Stardate Thursday 1972...

There was A LOT more than that...but that's the gist of it...

"Do any of you want some Ice Cream?"

Then Dave starts rolling out Ice Cream Man...

And I have to tell you...the fucking boys were really rolling with this one...Dave was up and down the fucking ramp...and Wolfie was rolling through it as well. Eddie ran over, and was singing with Dave...then Dave ran over to Ed's side, and they were singing together...

At some point...Va gets my attention, and Ed's playing his guitar with a drumstick...it was no doubt...the most rocking rendition of Ice Cream man I've ever fucking seen...outstanding...one of my favorites of the show...

Then right into fucking Panama...and it's bedlam fucking again. This may be the song that Wolfie really fucking comes out on...and he really fucking did. First...Eddie and Wolfie are following around Dave...fucking imitatint him...It was funny as hell. Dave throws on a Cowboy hat...

So during all this haberdashery, Dave gives his hat to Eddie, who looks absofuckinglutely ridiculous with it on. Dave yells out..."Who are these Guys" in the middle of the song...

Now Ed...runs over, and gives the hat to Wolfie...who can't quite get the fucking thing on right. So Wolfie rips off the hat...and walks over to Ed...and Sings the first chorus with Pops...and on his way back...stops...and walks up to Dave, to sing with Dave...Ed sees this, and Ed walks over...and the three are fucking sitting there, singing together...

It was fucking magic I tell you...Wolfie walks back over to grab the hat...he puts it back on, and is posing for the crowd, before taking it off again. In the meantime, Ed and Dave are over on Ed's side again...fucking around...talking to each other...playing off of each other.

THE ONLY thing that pisses me off about Panama...THE ONLY THING...is the Sammy fans...

the Panama-a-a-a-a-a...

So...we all fucking know...Dave doesn't do that on the first go around...

he does it on the second...

SHITHEAD SAM did it all the time...because he's fucking gay...

and about a third of the crowd did as well.

Dave didn't...we didn't...

but that fucking dickhead in front and his bigboobed bitch did...those two tools...I couldn't see them three rows up...but they did. I'm sure Mike...probably in Spambos guest house...did it...

I fucking hate that shit...

but fuck was that song on...dead straight on...

So...after the song...Dave has the crowd going fucking nuts...and he says...

"Phew...we haven't stopped since we started..."

I 100% agreed...

So...the lights go down, wolfie had left the stage...and Dave and Ed are hugging, laughing and talking...then Dave ran off the stage...

Ed Solo time...

Now...I don't get the folks that say this solo is boring. It's fucking Edward Van Halen...and he could play the sound of a fart for ten minutes...

The solo started at 10:44...

Ed opened the solo with the riff from Women in Love...then 316...still love it...then part of Erupstion with Wolfie and Al...Then Eddie fucking on the ground in front of his stacks...jabbing the floor with the neckof his guitar...

Holy fuck...he was tearing it the fuck off...he was doing the old solo...with 100% energy...it was fucking incredible...

Then a long version of cathedral...then Eruption...

It ended at 10:56...and 11 minute solo...and the show was officially over two hours.

Okay...

So...after the solo...we have Ain't Talkin' Bout Love...and the crowd...still in a frenzy...Ed...still in a frenzy...Dave...still in a frenzy...Al...still in a frenzy...5150 tool and bigboobed girlfriend...pissed off...but frenzied...even though they suck...

And the HEY HEY HEY's...motherfuck...20000 people...hammering it every time...like the show just started...

After the song...Ed high fived Wolfie...then Dave...Alex came off the riser...and came right over to Dave...and hugged him.

They bowed...and off...nope...not off the fucking stage...

the lights went out...and 1984 came on...There's Dave on the stage again...waiving the red flag...full circle...

then the true let down...

the Encore...and 198fucking4...Dave started on the top...but out came the fucking microphone...the big fucking microphone...on the ramp in the crowd...Dave comes down...and heads on out there...and of course...rides the mic back in...

He ends the show laying it down on the stage in the middle...the band comes out...bows again...and game...fucking math...

Show is over...

and so is the review...for now...

conclusions...

TOMORROW...

And check the main page...Hyman's review is up next...

Hyman Roth
10-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Part 8C: The WAWAZAT MOTHERFUCKING SHOW

Va turns right around...and grabs the fucking thing right out of his hands...crumples it up...looks him in the eye, and yells...GREAT SHOW...AND FUCKING THROWS IT ABOUT TEN ROWS DOWN...

...laughed...

fucking assholes...

...Wolfie had changed to an orange and black, smaller bass...painted like Frankie

...fuck...

LMMAO @ VA - I would have had his back! And I don't know if it was Frankie or not, but that "orange" bass looked like a mid-seventies Fender Jazz pretty much stock (I couldn't see the pic ups...).

TVGUY
10-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Spot on review thus far. :)

DlocRoth
10-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Risin...you son of a whore.....

I knew it...I fucking knew it....

The Roth Army Caesar.......

He tears it all down......

And then fucking has em on the edge of their seats whilst he builds it back up.....

You son of a whore....... ;)

God Bless ya, bro.......

Somebody had to do it.

Rock on.

MAX
10-02-2007, 01:15 AM
Part 8D: The BOP BOZDEBOZDE BOP WAWAZAT MOTHERFUCKING SHOW

Nice reviews Poj and I'm glad you decided to go. :cool:

I'm also stoked that you (in only the way you can) went after the fucksticks holding up the Haganthony Vag hand sign!!! :killer:

jharp84
10-02-2007, 01:40 AM
Thanks very much! Brought me back to early 1980'S! What would REALLY KICK ASS is a CONCERT FOR THE DLR ARMY!! I know the logistics never work! But I will take a live dvd box set! NEW/OLD! SEEIN EM IN CHI-TOWN!! Too bad Eddie didn't jam "i'm so glad" style on "get me a doctor"!

PlexiBrown
10-02-2007, 01:44 AM
Great job Pojo. You nailed it plus very entertaining.

POJO_Risin
10-02-2007, 05:28 AM
Oh...Plex...

I'm not even close to being done yet...

TWO Major things still yet to happen...involving douchebag 5150 guy...

and Va's fucking shirt...lmfao...

Then of course...

I gotta give the best song...best moment...shit like that...

One more day...

lmfao...the week-long review continues...

christ...I may not finish until you see them again in Jersey and NYC...

POJO_Risin
10-02-2007, 05:29 AM
Yo Plex...

This is just me...

but if I get a vote...keep the name PlexiBrown...

Ellyllions
10-02-2007, 09:39 AM
PoJo, thanks for this review.

Sadly, with the limited view and sound I had, mixed with the bootleg, and your review; I can make some sense of what I was seeing from my shitty seat.

When Ed did his big knee slide over to Wolfie, I don't know if you could see it or not, but Ed started pretending to spank Wolfie. Wolfie looked at him like he was crazy. Pretty cute.

Also there was one point where Ed whispered something to Dave while he was singing and Dave started laughing real hard interrupting what he was singing. He then put the microphone up to his mouth and told Ed, "Don't fuck with me like that when I'm singing" still laughing.

God, to know those inside jokes...

Coyote
10-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Good shit. :cool:

damngoodtimes
10-02-2007, 01:37 PM
keep it coming, poj.....

DLR'sCock
10-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Pojo, awesome review man, and I would pretty much say the same show that I saw in Philly last night!

DLR'sCock
10-02-2007, 04:18 PM
double post

moose
10-02-2007, 06:30 PM
We are not worthy!!!
Now ya gonna make me wait another fuckin day!
5 more dayz.......5 long fuckin dayz!!!

moose
10-02-2007, 06:32 PM
This review is intense.
This review is incredible, but I have one issue with it................
WHY ya gonna make US wait another fuckin day! Cuntsidering I have
5 more dayz.......5 long fuckin dayz until the show in TO...........

moose
10-02-2007, 06:33 PM
How the fuck did the 2x post happen???

Atomic Dyver
10-03-2007, 12:23 PM
NICE...just fuckin nice.....11-13 can't fuckin get here fast enough. Excellent review man. Is there gonna be another part where the 5150 guy gets an asswhippin and someone else takes home his big-tit woman as she finally sees the light?

damngoodtimes
10-03-2007, 12:51 PM
not unless pojo had already taken her back to the hotel room and tied her ass up before showing up at Fat Dog's after the show....

but, I don't know how that ended up, either. Me and VaIN got to the bar a lot sooner than poj and VA.

so we're all still waiting........

Va Beach VH Fan
10-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by damngoodtimes
not unless pojo had already taken her back to the hotel room and tied her ass up before showing up at Fat Dog's after the show....

but, I don't know how that ended up, either. Me and VaIN got to the bar a lot sooner than poj and VA.

so we're all still waiting........

He's not done....

Trust me.... ;)

PlexiBrown
10-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Yo Plex...

This is just me...

but if I get a vote...keep the name PlexiBrown...

Your vote counted. I will keep it.

Hyman Roth
10-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
Your vote counted. I will keep it.

Ha! Probably a good choice. If not - people who knew you before you
changed usernames would call you 'Plexi Brown Eye'.

Fairwrning
10-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
He's not done....

Trust me.... ;)

Are we gonna have to wait til the end of the baseball playoffs??!! ....or just til the Tribe gets knocked out;)

damngoodtimes
10-04-2007, 08:06 AM
same thing, wrning, same thing.....

vh rides again
10-04-2007, 11:39 PM
this was a damn good review, alotta thought and effort into it.

i enjoyed it.

hey pojo, i knew you couldnt resist going to the show, i told you back in july or august that you would be there drunk as hell and happy as a motherfucker, or maybe it was drunk as a motherfucker and happy as hell.
either way, im glad the show rocked and you give em the thumbs up, it just makes me happier that its coming to be my turn to see em again.

Vinnie Velvet
10-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Aweome review, POJ'.

Loons The Great
10-06-2007, 04:55 PM
This a here,,,is jus' the greates' thread since the invention of the internet!!

POJO_Risin
10-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Alright gents...I have a bunch of work to do today...but will try and get something in here to put it all to bed...

and to all the compliments...thanks...

and to all the people who didn't...

fuck you you cunts...

;)

Anonymous
10-09-2007, 04:43 AM
fuck you you cunts...

;)

I'm taking this personal.

It's a fucking jihad.

You're going down.

I'll suicide bomb the fucking site. Twice.

Cheers! :bottle:

Coyote
10-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
I'm taking this personal.

It's a fucking jihad.

You're going down.

I'll suicide bomb the fucking site. Twice.

Cheers! :bottle:

Does that mean you have 94 virgins waiting?

Who's your supplier?

Anonymous
10-10-2007, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Coyote
Does that mean you have 94 virgins waiting?

Who's your supplier?

Actually, I dunno about the logistics of virgins waiting in Heaven for suicide bombing a site.

Guess I'll have to wait & see. First things first. D'you think 150 liters of nitroglycerine will do the trick?

Cheerts! :bottle:

binnie
10-10-2007, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the review POJO! You really comuinicated the atmosphere, the ambience, the excitement.

Much appreciated :)

Coyote
10-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
Actually, I dunno about the logistics of virgins waiting in Heaven for suicide bombing a site.

Guess I'll have to wait & see. First things first. D'you think 150 liters of nitroglycerine will do the trick?

Cheerts! :bottle:

Why low-ball it? Go for 350...

chi-town324
10-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Fairwrning
Are we gonna have to wait til the end of the baseball playoffs??!! ....or just til the Tribe gets knocked out;) :D

jharp84
10-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by vh rides again
this was a damn good review, alotta thought and effort into it.

i enjoyed it.

hey pojo, i knew you couldnt resist going to the show, i told you back in july or august that you would be there drunk as hell and happy as a motherfucker, or maybe it was drunk as a motherfucker and happy as hell.
either way, im glad the show rocked and you give em the thumbs up, it just makes me happier that its coming to be my turn to see em again.

And I thought I was BAD!! :D I'm buying you and your old lady drinks! So shut the fuck up ahead of time! JUICE

Space Ace
10-16-2007, 01:29 AM
Pojo man...where's the rest of it?

Van Hayride
10-31-2007, 04:11 AM
Pojo
I'm glad you helped make this site possible, thanks.
I generally agree with you, but sometimes I think a lotta folks take all this shit too seriously. DLR is back amen,
Let;s have fun and fuck in the back of mustangs and listen to Van Halen.
End of story.

bastardog
10-31-2007, 11:41 AM
I can't wait to read what happen to 5150 faggot.

I hope he left the show without teeth and with his big tits girlfriend fucked by a CVH fan. :D

jharp84
10-31-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Van Hayride
Pojo
I generally agree with you, but sometimes I think a lotta folks take all this shit too seriously. DLR is back amen,
End of story.

Best post I have seen in LONG TIME! JUICE says YEAH!! :D

ace diamond
10-31-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by jharp84
Best post I have seen in LONG TIME! JUICE says YEAH!! :D
seconded:D

ace diamond
10-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Van Hayride
Pojo
End of story.
:sex: :D :bottle: :gulp: :guzzle: :smoke2:

11-03-2007, 01:52 PM
The Red Rocker`s Revolution are plotting to disrupt the reunion. On various forums, their plotting at causing shit before and after the shows. I saw many of Hagar`s fans shouting insults, and throwing bottles, at guys in david lee roth t shirts, before the Boston show!

jhale667
11-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by 113
The Red Rocker`s Revolution

Ridiculous. Retarded, even. :)

http://e.photos.cx/dumbasstalkingaboutbox-2ca.gif

naturochem
11-06-2007, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by 113
The Red Rocker`s Revolution are plotting to disrupt the reunion. On various forums, their plotting at causing shit before and after the shows. I saw many of Hagar`s fans shouting insults, and throwing bottles, at guys in david lee roth t shirts, before the Boston show!
Even a double cup & a full-face helmet won't save these miserable fucks should they decide to show up in Oakland or SJ...

It'll be like bow huntin for broke-kneed turtle!!

http://packy.dardan.com/walky/albums/album11/adh.gif

bastardog
11-21-2007, 03:02 PM
fak!....
I'm still waiting the conclusion of this
specially the events regarding the 5150 fag and his big boob bitch

binnie
11-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Red Rocker Revolution?

Sounds like a some kind of gay makeover show or something....

binnie
11-21-2007, 04:56 PM
This thread fuckin' rules!

michelle
01-26-2008, 04:02 AM
DID YOU GET WHAT YOU THOUGHT YOU WANTED? i THOUGHT i DID, WITH "ICE CREAM MAN".

michelle
01-26-2008, 04:18 AM
Diamond Dave need sti see an endodontist

Mezro
01-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by michelle
Diamond Dave need sti see an endodontist

File this under inbreeds with internet access.

Mezro...dew u neeb and gynoecologelistz humee?...

POJO_Risin
01-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Funny...I never did finish this thread...