PDA

View Full Version : Baseball signed by Babe Ruth and Dizzy Dean for sale on eBay

Hardrock69
10-07-2007, 08:16 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Babe-Ruth-Autographed-Baseball-JSA-Authenticated_W0QQitemZ220155835323QQihZ012QQcateg oryZ27260QQcmdZViewItem

DirtyDeeds
10-07-2007, 08:25 PM
That's cool, but totally worthless. It only belongs in Cooperstown. Having the memory of getting it signed to go along with owning the ball is one thing, buying the ball for the same price of a car is another and totally worthless. It will lose its appeal very shortly after buying it.

I'd rather spend my extra money on experiences that will generate fond memories for years than on some crap sitting on a shelf. I hope a museum winds up buying this.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Interesting, worthless ??

I look at it this way.... That ball that you spend $7000 on now is going to be worth at least twice as much in, say, 10-15 years....

This is Babe Ruth we're talking about here.... This ain't Bob Uecker...

I could see someone purchasing that ball now and reselling later for something like his kid's college tuition, down payment on a new car, etc....

I will agree with you in that if I was ever in a position to own a baseball such as this (the only former player I'd realistically try to own a signed ball is Roberto Clemente), I would have to do my due diligence to ensure that the COA is, indeed, authentic....

Hardrock69
10-07-2007, 10:29 PM
THere are very few baseballs I would buy for investment purposes.

Mickey Mantle, Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, etc.

The only baseball I would buy because it was signed by my fave baseball player of all time would be Mickey Mantle.
:cool:

DirtyDeeds
10-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I suppose you're right in the investment sense. That was just me spewing crap from my inexperienced mouth. Never thought of it in terms like that. Though I still think items like this belong in a museum for public enjoyment. Think, everyday hundreds of kids will see that ball for the first time and stare in wonder as they realize the enigma of Babe Ruth actually signed that ball with his very own human hands.... versus that happening one time when the owner gets it in the mail, then places it in a shelf in his office.

ace diamond
10-24-2007, 04:16 AM
the great bambino.....the sultan of swat.......worthless?
i think not now,not ever!

chi-town324
10-24-2007, 09:26 PM
anything signed by the babe is worth a shitload...

Redballjets88
10-27-2007, 09:08 PM
I have a lot of signed memorabilia, the bad thing is that none of it will be worth anything for at least 20 years. I have a frank thomas ball from his MVP season, a sign dan marino jersey, signed troy aikman helemt, gale sayers signed football, mike schmidt signed baseball, bubba smith signed football, and a mike hoolmgren signed hat from like 96 or 97. and my favorite thing is a signed football from roger staubach and troy aikman.

i don't think any of it is worth too much.

Redballjets88
10-27-2007, 09:08 PM
oh yeah and mel renfro signed picture of the 1970 cowboys.

chi-town324
10-27-2007, 09:35 PM
unless they are hall of famers, signed items are not worth selling....if u like the player then cool...keep it for your collection

BlimpyCHIMP™
12-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by DirtyDeeds
That's cool, but totally worthless.

YOUR FAKON WORTHLESS THIS IS ART WORTH MORE THAN YOU ARE

Originally thrown out here carelessly again by none other than you know, same loser DirtyDeeds
I'd rather spend my extra money on experiences that will generate fond memories for years than on some crap sitting on a shelf.

HAHA LOSER

BC!!
IM GUISSING CRACK IS MORE YOUR LIKEY