PDA

View Full Version : The Official It Sucks To Be A Seattle Fan Thread

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Our Mariners suck, and will continue to suck into the forseeable future....

Mack Strong just retired.......

Clay Bennet will be moving the Sonics to Oklahoma......

Sonics fans are getting ready to sue the franchise........

And our last championship came at the hands of the fucking LWNBA

God we suck. hard.

Fuck it, I'll be in the bar.....

:gulp:

ALinChainz
10-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Man ... you guys DO suck.

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz

Thank you for noticing... :D

We just might be the suckiest bunch of suck to have ever sucked.

We can't even remember to bring our jocks to Pittsburgh.

Left them.

Right there on the counter.

Next to the car keys and altoids.

Fucking suck ass ass sucks.

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Oh, and fuck you Howard Schultz.

Fuck you with Wally Walker's herpes-ridden dick.

Gee, a bunch of hicks overpay for a shitty team with a shitty lease, and they just happen to own an arena......

Nah, they won't move the team :rolleyes:

fucking suck ass coffee-peddling ass suck.

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 03:26 PM
But you know what?

At least we aint Notre Lame

That is all....

Va Beach VH Fan
10-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
We can't even remember to bring our jocks to Pittsburgh.

Don't fret LM, the Hawks won't be the last team the Steelers will spank like that this year.... :D

Don't want to make it seem like I'm talking shit (OK, maybe a little ;) ), but the only thing I was really worried about going into that game was Hasselback nickel and diming the Steelers to death.... I knew Alexander wouldn't do anything, just I knew Edgerrin James wouldn't the week before, and Frank Gore before that, and so on, and so on....

But once I saw the Steelers play in pass protect rather than blitz the house all game long, I knew that it was gonna be ugly for the 'Hawks....

Alexander really looks horrible though, hopefully for his sake it's just the cast.... Or maybe the fact that Strong is gone now too....

All I know my fantasy QB blows (Brees), my #1 back is gunshy (Alexander), and my #2 back can't stay healthy for 15 minutes before getting hurt again (Portis)... Don't worry, it's just a matter of time for him....

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Welp, I feel better....

Thanks, VAg ;)

Va Beach VH Fan
10-09-2007, 08:40 PM
That's what I'm here for.... ;)

Eyes of the Night
10-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Ah, but we do have da grunge to keep us well in this missery yo ... oh and dec 3rd too ... uh ... yeah Lizounge, I try not to think of it and try to fill the void of unhappiness sports brings to the emerald city ... I guess it's in our blood to expect nothing more than sub par seasons n' shit ...

TAKIN WHISKEY
10-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Look on the bright side, you could be an Eagles fan.

chi-town324
10-10-2007, 08:45 PM
I keep telling people here in Chicago, Pinella never won anything except with the Reds in 1990...hell he had A-ROD, Griffey and Randy Johnson on the same team and still couldn't win... what did they win that one year 120 games and still couldn't get to the World Series.. where is Ruppert Jones when you need him?

ODShowtime
10-10-2007, 08:51 PM
I heard yinz brought special coffee for game time.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071007/capt.06f6a67ddaf24d0ea7ac9e2fb5c6edf6.seahawks_ste elers_football_paks110.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071007/capt.e2239eb47ff64249b30612c839f521d3.seahwks_stee lers_football_paks114.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/89/fullj.getty-75557889rs008_seattle_seaha.jpg

Sorry for breakin your balls man, expecially when you pretty much dropped em on the chopping block yourself.

Don't get too down. The hawks are in the NFC West.

chi-town324
10-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Lounge, what's worse than being a Seattle fan you ask? Growing up in Spokane (like myself) so we all had to adopt teams as kids (pre 1976)...Rams fan my whole life...can you say 0-16 ?...what a bunch of shit...whats worse, Scott Linehan is from Sunnyside...that should explain alot...thank god i only have to contend with Cubs and Bears fans now...

jharp84
10-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Sucks about the Sonics especially, Even I was a fan of dennis johnson(rip), dowtown fred brown, gus johnson!! Rooted for em whenever they made playoffs! Oklahoma?? Real fuckin X-citing! Let New Orleans share time!

jharp84
10-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by chi-town324
thank god i only have to contend with Cubs and Bears fans now...

WHAT!! DID I SAY FREE TICKET??? :(

conmee
10-11-2007, 02:49 AM
Yes, but U-Dub did end up with Tyrone Nappyham as coach, who has them off to a nice 2-3 start... lol

Seattle has bigger problems to worry about than crappy sports franchises... who gives a shit if the Sonics move... rather have a hockey team than that sad excuse for a basketball team.

Some of the worst sports talk too... that gay ass announcer on KJR 950 sounds like a fucking autistic farm hand, and 90% of the predictions or comments "Gas and Graz" and Softy make are fucking ridiculous, then they follow up the following week with retractions and recriminations, and backpedalling... these fuckers flip-flop all the time... one thing I'll say for the midwest, some of those cities have the best sports talk, but then again, they have some teams worth talking about... shit, half the time I'll just stream a Chicago or Detroit sports talk show on my phone via 3G just to hear some decent and informed commentary. Sports+Seattle+TalkRadio=shit.

Lounge, please tell me you aren't the goddam voiceover doofus... I hate that fucker!!!!

GO IRISH!!!!!

That is all.

Icon.

chi-town324
10-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by jharp84
WHAT!! DID I SAY FREE TICKET??? :( ooops...:D

Guitar Shark
10-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by conmee
Seattle has bigger problems to worry about than crappy sports franchises... who gives a shit if the Sonics move... rather have a hockey team than that sad excuse for a basketball team.

It's sad now, but I like the moves they made this year and I think Presti has the right vision. They will be serious contenders in less than 5 years IMO. Unfortunately they will probably be enjoying that success Oklahoma City...

It will be a sad day for me when the Sonics leave town. Fuck that lying sack of shit Clay Bennett.

LoungeMachine
10-11-2007, 01:57 PM
The names Payton, Kemp, and Karl keep echoing in my head...

Fuck you Howard Schultz, and your over-priced burnt coffee...

Fuck you Wally Walker, for all of your years of terrible dis-service to this franchise...

And The Gas Man rocks, Icon, you transplanted vag.

Same with Collabro.

You probably miss New York Vinnie, the most annoying failure to hit Seattle since The Boz.

All Hockey would accomplish in Seattle is more Vancouverians in town to annoy me....

Thank God for The Flea Hags, or we'd be.......well, we'd be PORTLAND

Now, that is all.

Frighten the Irish

NATEDOG001976
10-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz

Why don't the have a NHL team??

NATEDOG001976
10-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Has Shawn Kemp had his 12th child yet?

chi-town324
10-11-2007, 07:21 PM
i heard Travis Henry had 8 kids by 8 different women or something like that...no wonder he gets high...

Romeo Delight
10-12-2007, 12:44 PM

God we suck. hard.

Fuck it, I'll be in the bar.....

I have the answer for you Lounge!!

MORE CANADIANS!!!!

Imagine for a moment if you have an ace such as Jeff Francis from the Rockies.

Is there anything a Canadian can't do better than an American?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2007/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=3059883

On the other hand, delivering a 4-1 lead to Rockies ace Jeff Francis these days is like stuffing your cash inside a Brinks truck. To way too little acclaim, Francis is 18-5 since May 12. And he proved again Thursday that that's no fluke, shutting down the Diamondbacks for 6 2/3 innings of terrific one-run baseball.

Francis is now 5-0 in his career at Chase Field, or whatever else they were calling it on all the days he pitched there. And that's the most wins, without a loss, by any visiting pitcher in the not-so-long, but-occasionally-glorious history of the park.

"Jeff is about as composed as any pitcher I've ever been around," said Holliday. "He goes out, pitches his game and doesn't try to do things he can't do. When he has command of all his pitches, it's going to be a long day for the hitter."

Nitro Express
10-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I used to be a proffessional sports fan until the overpaid bastards started going on strike and the fucking owners pull shit like build us a stadium with your tax dollars or we will take our franchise somewhere else.

Holy fuck. It's gotten too full of itself. I can remember when NFL Players rode on buses and ate peanut butter sandwiches and were damn happy that they were in the NFL and making more than stupid football players should make. Now they complain about everything while they are being flown charter and staying in the best hotels.

conmee
10-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Collabro and Rondo are good, give you that... but fucking Softy? Douchebag... Gras and Gas? Homos... These guys suck... rather listen to ultraliberal talk radio instead... lol... At least John Clayton comes on now and again...he looks like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons on a bad day, but he is generally knowlegeable and not a dick. Also, I think Sandmeyer is ok, but Mitch in the morning is a dildo... Actually Elise and Ian are the best tandem on that station, and Hugh Millen is cool. Other than that, fuck sports talk up here...

So it would be fucked if the Sonics did move, but I don't give a damn about Sonics basketball... more a black eye and loss for the community... a market the size of Seattle should have the major sports represented.

GO IRISH!!

Icon.

LoungeMachine
10-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Softy is a tool.

Fucking intern turned jock. :rolleyes:

Mitch is a joke, Gasman rocks.

Truth be told, I havent listened to 950 for years except for a few minutes here and there.

AM1090 AIR AMERICA is the ONLY station allowed in any Lounge owned Vehicle.

Losing the Sonics would be a huge black eye, and we're not likely to ever get another franchise after that...

Losing the Pilots to Milwaukee still stings LOL

We're coming up on the 30th anniversary of our last Championship [I dont count the WNBA, they're one step above Notre Dame]

We're becoming Portland, and God help us if that happens.

Out.

LoungeMachine
10-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Well done Flea Hags !!!!

Continuing Seattle's Great Sports Year of 2007

Getting punk'd by The Aints.

3-3 Babee !!!

chi-town324
10-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Bring back Ruppert Jones!!!!

ace diamond
10-24-2007, 06:33 AM
HEY,LOUNGE........look on the bright side, at least you are not an arizona cardinals fan.
and let us not for get that the great state of Washington did produce and give the world the greatest guitar player of all time.......JAMES MARSHALL HENDRIX!!!!

SO IT AIN'T ALL BAD.

at least the mariners have won the world series a few times, and if memory serves me right,the sonics did also bring home a championship back in the 1990's.....i may be wrong on that one. i am not a big basketball fan.

but hey, going to the bar and getting piss fucking drunk sounds like a great remedy. good luck on that one.

Guitar Shark
10-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by ace diamond
at least the mariners have won the world series a few times, and if memory serves me right,the sonics did also bring home a championship back in the 1990's.....i may be wrong on that one. i am not a big basketball fan.

You are wrong on both counts. The Sonics won a championship in the 1970s (1979), and the Mariners have never made it to the World Series, let alone win one.

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
You are wrong on both counts. The Sonics won a championship in the 1970s (1979), and the Mariners have never made it to the World Series, let alone win one.

Yeah, but I was going to just let his post lay there.....

pretending for a moment it was all true.....

ace diamond
10-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

i stand corrected.i wasn't real sure about that one. my dad is the sports expert. i am the rock and roll historian,collector,musician,critic..etc.........a nd a smartass de jour!!!!!

ace diamond
10-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Yeah, but I was going to just let his post lay there.....

pretending for a moment it was all true.....

lounge......i was trying to cheer you up,buddy.

i figured i was most likely incorrect. i knew the sonics had won a title at some. wasn't sure about the mariners. however i do know the seahawks have never won anything other than that 1 nfc championship before losing to the steelers in the superbowl.

either way........be glad you are not an arizona cardinals fan.
look on the bright side,and by all means, get piss fucking drunk.

Unchainme
11-05-2007, 02:27 PM
pretty bad when you guys LOSE against the browns ;)

LoungeMachine
11-12-2007, 11:35 AM
I hate to have to say this, but tonight may be Holmgrens's last in Seattle.

If we lose tonight, I will have no other option but to FIRE Mikey.

It saddens me to do this, but enough's enough.

It's time.

And I'm not afraid to drop the hammer.

On a lighter note.......HOW 'BOUT THEM SONICS.

LoungeMachine
12-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Okay, here comes another test of mettle.

Post season comes down to whether you win or lose the games you must win, you should win.

This is just such a game.

Yes, I gave Mike a reprieve on being fired, but all that could change today.

Win this, and I'll OFFICIALLY be back on The band Wagon for our march to another SuperBowl berth.

Lose this, and become just another Notre Dame-esque team of hacks and CFL rejects.