PDA

View Full Version : Republican Debate (MSNBC)

Warham
10-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Ron Paul and other 9 Republicans will be rerun in about an hour. Just in case any of you are interested. :)

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Yes, I want to see FT make an ass of himself, and Rudy invoke 9/11 a hundred times...

:gulp:

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Rudy and Ron | 5 p.m. Mr. Giuliani jumped on Ron Paul, who had gotten a big applause when he asserted that of course a president should seek Congressional approval before launching an attack against Iran. He said there had never been a time when the president did not have time to consult with Congress. Mr. Giuliani pointed to 9/11.
Mr. Paul said the 9/11 attacks were committed by “19 thugs” who were not a country. Mr. Giuliani countered that there had been 23 plots by Islamic terrorists against the United States since 9/11.

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 08:23 PM
6 p.m. Fred Thompson is asked about his first debate. He says it was “a lot like home. I didn’t say which kind of home.”
He added: “I’ve enjoyed watching these fellas. I’ve got to admit, it was getting a little boring without me, but — (laughter) — I’m glad to be here now.”

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 08:26 PM
4:02 p.m.: Newcomer Fred Thompson gets the first question. What will he do to ensure economic vibrancy in this country? He says there is no reason to believe we’re headed toward a recession. His voice is a little froggy and he drew a blank there for a few seconds, apart from not offering his prescription for the economy.
From the Transcript:
The stock market seems to be doing pretty well. I see no reason to believe we’re headed for — (pause) — for economic downturn. As far as the economic prosperity of the future is concerned, I think it’s a different story. I think if you look at the short term, it’s rosy. I think if you look at a 10-year projection, it’s rosy. But we are spending money we do not have.

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 08:26 PM
The above snippets from the NYT blog

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/09/live-blogging-the-republican-debate/

Satan
10-09-2007, 09:01 PM
I think I'll listen to Sam Seder rip 'em all a new asshole instead.

He's filling in for Malloy this week.

www.novamradio.com

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Seder on Sundays is my new "Soundtrack for the Sabbath"

Nickdfresh
10-09-2007, 10:00 PM
God Rudi is such a weasley douche bag...

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Pakistan and Afghanistan?

We could have struck them and stopped 9/11 Rudy?????/

THE 19 DOUCHES WERE ALREADY HERE YOU FUCKING MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Nickdfresh
10-09-2007, 10:04 PM
If Rudy had bought fucking radios that worked, over 100 or more firemen would still be here...

And Brownback, kid of a dick, but at least he's talking about Iraq in terms of a political solution...

Warham
10-09-2007, 10:20 PM
Ron's done a great job so far.

Warham
10-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Fred's just kind of rambling along.

Warham
10-09-2007, 10:50 PM
I liked Tancredo's response to Matthews asking him if he'll support the nominee unnamed.

Paraphrase: "I'm tired of being put in a position of supporting the lesser of two evils."

I think all Americans should think this way.

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 11:01 PM
If I had a sex change, becoming a Republican, I'd vote for Ron Paul.

But I'm keeping my nuts, so.....

Warham
10-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Why would you need a sex change to become a Republican?

Nickdfresh
10-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by WAR

No, just a lobotomy... :)

Warham
10-09-2007, 11:28 PM
So, if you took everybody in both parties and averaged out their IQ, which would be higher?

:D

ELVIS
10-09-2007, 11:41 PM
By Howard Fineman

Newsweek (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21214540/site/newsweek/)

Oct. 9, 2007 - Fred Thompson stood a head taller than his fellow Republicans but he seemed in over his head as the CNBC debate began here. He wore the pained look of a man in need of a powerful digestive pill. But by the time the two-hour marathon ended, the new guy on the trail had gained just barely enough confidence, composure and credibility to make it to the next round of the GOP food fight. “Fred didn’t die today,” said Ron Kaufman, one of Mitt Romney’s top spin doctors.

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by WAR

You guys have no balls anymore....

[ i love it when you lob me the big softballs]

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by WAR
So, if you took everybody in both parties and averaged out their IQ, which would be higher?

We could let those of you who have married from within double your points, and we'd still walk away with it.

George Allen and George Bush alone only get you 26 points.

;)

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
By Howard Fineman

Newsweek (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21214540/site/newsweek/)

Oct. 9, 2007 - Fred Thompson stood a head taller than his fellow Republicans but he seemed in over his head as the CNBC debate began here. He wore the pained look of a man in need of a powerful digestive pill. But by the time the two-hour marathon ended, the new guy on the trail had gained just barely enough confidence, composure and credibility to make it to the next round of the GOP food fight. “Fred didn’t die today,” said Ron Kaufman, one of Mitt Romney’s top spin doctors.

Fineman was great post-debate on MSNBC

Matthews was his usually uber-douche self, and Norah O'Donnel was, well........

damn. :eek:

Romeny had the best zinger at freddie's expense with the L&O shot.

Warham
10-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
We could let those of you who have married from within double your points, and we'd still walk away with it.

George Allen and George Bush alone only get you 26 points.

;)

Hey, it's a head start!

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 11:48 PM
LMAO

Warham
10-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Romney had the worst blunder, where he said he'd have to consult his lawyers before any kind of pre-emptive strike..

Ugh.

Paul socked him good on that one.

ELVIS
10-09-2007, 11:51 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YebkIsNBkRs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YebkIsNBkRs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Nickdfresh
10-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Romney had the worst blunder, where he said he'd have to consult his lawyers before any kind of pre-emptive strike..

Ugh.

Paul socked him good on that one.

You know what? I'm no fan of Romney, but that's not actually what he said, despite the fact that MSNBC and Chris Matthews blowing it way out of proportion...

He said something about "letting the lawyers work it out afterwords..."

ELVIS
10-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Hmmm...

Warham
10-10-2007, 12:03 AM
The question in Tuesday's Republican presidential debate in Michigan came from MSNBC host Chris Matthews, who asked, "Governor Romney... if you were president of the United States, would you need to go to Congress to get authorization to take military action against Iran's nuclear facilities?"

Romney's responded, "You sit down with your attorneys and (they) tell you what you have to do. But obviously the president of the United States has to do what's in the best interest of the United States to protect us against a potential threat. The president did that as he was planning on moving into Iraq and received the authorization of Congress..."

Matthews interjected: "Did (President Bush) need (a go-ahead from Congress)?"

"You know," Romney replied, "we're going to let the lawyers sort out what he needed to do and what he didn't need to do."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20071010/cm_thenation/1241385

Nickdfresh
10-10-2007, 12:11 AM
But that removes his answer from the larger context brought up by your Paul no less, of the legality of unilaterally launching military operations without a declaration of war...

It's amazing how fucking stupid these MSNBC dickweeds are...

They don't deserve Olbermann! Jesus, why can't I get a job in this analysis shit? Half that panel had a sum IQ of 30!