PDA

View Full Version : Yngwie!

ELVIS
10-10-2007, 04:04 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lQpoNtw0IuY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lQpoNtw0IuY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:elvis:

Nitro Express
10-10-2007, 04:59 AM
Awsome! I'm a Yngwie fan. :D

Anyone who says the man plays with no feeling doesn't have a fucking clue.

I dig the man because he does his own thing. He was not accepted in Sweden so he comes here and makes it. When his style of playing became dated here he went to Japan.

He's a true international artist plus, I love the man's black Ferrari. One of the most awsome cars on the planet!

Gringo
10-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Wow!

indeedido
10-10-2007, 06:51 PM
I hadn't listened to him since the late 80s. Then I saw him on the G3 Tour with Vai and Satch. Man he was awesome to see. Re-newed my interest in him.

Diamondjimi
10-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Great clip.

Audio from this particular footage was used for "Live Sentence" album.

bueno bob
10-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Hail to the King...and here we go again!

:cool:

jharp84
10-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Here we go again! JFC!!

jharp84
10-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Yngwie FUCKIN Malmsteen - the KING?? CHRIST ALMIGHTY!

naturochem
10-12-2007, 01:41 AM
The fucker is unreal...

I tried playing a Charvel custom ('Ellsworth' neck..) with super jumbo, deeply sculpted frets some time ago...

Fretting chords 'n shit was no problem, but when I attemped a fast sweep-pick, or even ripping a simple arpeggio, I sounded like a fuckin' moron trying to play an axe with with a floyd that had the springs missing...

Gimee' back my flat ebony BITCH!!!

ELVIS
10-12-2007, 04:38 AM
Actually, it's easier after you get use to it...

You get a better grip on the strings...

naturochem
10-12-2007, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Actually, it's easier after you get use to it...

You get a better grip on the strings...

Personally, I'd have to learn to articulate an entire different way of playing... I've been ripping up & down necks for far too long!!!

Imagine beast's like Zakk or Dimebag trying to play with the feather-light touch required to properly fret runs on a scalloped neck!!
Not that I'm THAT sloppy, mind you... :rolleyes:

ELVIS
10-12-2007, 05:37 AM
You think Yngwie has a "feather-light touch" ??

Dude, I literally rip the strings off my guitars sometimes...

Watch Yngwie up close...

That's no light touch...

ELVIS
10-12-2007, 05:39 AM
<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4l1Jk3ZCb4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4l1Jk3ZCb4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

ELVIS
10-12-2007, 05:41 AM
Dude, a light touch works ok when you're sitting around your bedroom figuring out licks, but playing with a band requires a totally different approach to cut through...

ELVIS
10-12-2007, 05:46 AM
Spanish Castle Magic

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQWyNr0pKvk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQWyNr0pKvk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

ThrillsNSpills
10-12-2007, 11:25 AM
There's an amazing boot at guitars101.com
called Yngwie with anvil (don't ask me I don't know what anvil is)

the boot is worth the effort though.
Thanks for the vids King.

jhale667
10-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by naturochem

Fretting chords 'n shit was no problem, but when I attemped a fast sweep-pick, or even ripping a simple arpeggio, I sounded like a fuckin' moron trying to play an axe with with a floyd that had the springs missing...

Every time I've tried one, it just takes a few minutes to adjust your technique so as not to bend individual notes sharp,
but I wouldn't say it requires a "feather-light" touch either...
I'm still toying with the idea of getting a neck with a scalloped board...I kinda like them :rolleyes:

jhale667
10-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Dude, a light touch works ok when you're sitting around your bedroom figuring out licks, but playing with a band requires a totally different approach to cut through...

Exactly. One must project, y'know? I mean hopefully your drummer's not hitting like a girl, and you shouldn't either! :D

Eddie's Booze
10-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Spanish Castle Magic

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQWyNr0pKvk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQWyNr0pKvk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

That is a EXCELLENT cover Yngwie did of that Song. Joe Lynn Turner vocals are Superb as well.

:)

naturochem
10-12-2007, 10:43 PM
You think Yngwie has a "feather-light touch" ??

Dude, I literally rip the strings off my guitars sometimes...

Watch Yngwie up close...

That's no light touch...

The Red House clip fuckin rips!

I play the same way, & I don't give a fuck how much practice I had with the Charvel I played, there was no way to jam without going sharp all the time -- from the 12th down, the frets were radiused about half-a-dime deep!

I've never seen the Yngwie Strat up close, or played any other scalloped neck, so maybe I was unfairly jaded by the custom neckwork on the Chavel(?) I guess I'll have to give another one a try, eh??

Baby's On Fire
10-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Yawn.

This guy needs guitar and emotion lessons from EVH.

Baby's On Fire
10-12-2007, 10:54 PM
That's unlistenable fucking garbage!

And who is that pathetic idiot who's trying to sing? The fag in the pink pants? He makes Sammy look cool.

What is this? A joke?

Matt White
10-13-2007, 12:52 AM
Ahhhhh....

YNGWIE always gets a response......

HOOK, LINE, & SINKER

:D

bueno bob
10-13-2007, 01:49 AM
I just picked up the two new Alcatrazz live albums, "Live in Tokyo" and "AWOL in Hollywood"; both really great rotations and definitely worth the look. Both much better than "Live Sentence", anyway, better track selection, longer, more fun.

bueno bob
10-13-2007, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
Yawn.

Yawn. That's such a boring argument, Yngwie has no emotion. Blah blah fuckin' blah...yeah, yeah, got the point, you love Eddie and hate Yngwie, blah blah blah... :rolleyes:

bueno bob
10-13-2007, 01:54 AM

And who is that pathetic idiot who's trying to sing? The fag in the pink pants? He makes Sammy look cool.

What is this? A joke?

Lame.

bueno bob
10-13-2007, 01:54 AM
Anyway, yes...for those who are interested, I'd recommend those two Alcatrazz albums for sure.

naturochem
10-13-2007, 02:15 AM
Yawn.

What is this? A joke?

Although I've never been the biggest Yngwie or neo-classical fan, the dude is fuckin' unreal...

I'd give odds that the astrophysicist here wouldn't know the difference between Paganini & Mozart (Wolfgang or Leopold..); or for that matter, a triad from a fuckin' double-ended dildoe...:blow2:

eddie78
10-13-2007, 02:51 AM
Look at Buenoknob creaming all over himself over this video!

I'll bet Bob is still in awe over his old POISON records, as well.
Face it, y'all have no taste.
You wouldn't understand phrasing or tone if it kicked you in the nuts.
Edward possessed all the cards, from songwriting to virtuosity to feel.
The fat guy from Sweden could play really fast, which he did over & over & over & over.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Put on UFO's "Strangers in the night" & listen to Michael Schenker.
Throw on some early Rainbow with Ritchie.
Play fucking Fair Warning!

If you still think Yngwie has got it all, your fucking musically retarded.

bueno bob
10-13-2007, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by fucktard78
Look at Buenoknob creaming all over himself over this video!

I'll bet Bob is still in awe over his old POISON records, as well.
Face it, y'all have no taste.
Edward possessed all the cards, from songwriting to virtuosity to feel.
The fat guy from Sweden could play really fast, which he did over & over & over & over.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Put on UFO's "Strangers in the night" & listen to Michael Schenker.
Play fucking Fair Warning!

Look at fucktard78, back for another round of owning. Didn't once treat you well enough? You have no argument, you ridiculous cunt. You didn't in the last fucking Yngwie thread in Main and you still don't. Ignoramous. Fucking quit sucking Eddie for a while, wipe his fucking cum off of your face and wake the fuck up dickweed, more was going on in the music industry than your fag love for Eddie will allow you to see whether YOU FUCKING BELIEVE IT OR NOT, shithead.

Deny it all you want, but nobody with ONE FUCKING CLUE about what was happening with guitar music in the 80's EVER WILL.

You are a fucking musical DOLT when it comes to guitar and every fucking time you post, you fucking prove it, dipshit. You don't know the first mother fucking thing about the instrument and I've proved it OVER AND FUCKING OVER AGAIN, to which you've responded with nothing more than growing ignorance and flat out IGNORING every fucking example I've left on your doorstep, obviously because you're too fucking IGNORANT about metal guitar in the 80's to even grasp the most REMOTE concepts.

Fuck, I wasn't even specifically THERE and I know more than you do! Doesn't that fucking tell you something right there? How God blasting STUPID are you?

This thread isn't about whether or not your cock-gobbling of Eddie's solos on OU812 are more soulful and emotional, dickstain. I got the fucking point - you don't like Yngwie and you're musically stuck in a anti-shred rut. Big fucking deal. Nobody cares.

Go defend your Van Hagar guitar solos elsewhere, dipshit, because nobody here's interested. Not every fucking thread on this website is going to be about asskissing your homosexual fantasy, alright?

Thank you.

bueno bob
10-13-2007, 03:15 AM
Hey fuckhead...how's your fucking "BUTTHOLE BOB" alias coming along? Yeah, big fucking hit that was, numbnuts. Why don't you try "Butthead Bob" next? Maybe you'll have another huge winner.

:rolleyes:

bueno bob
10-13-2007, 03:16 AM
I swear to God, other than cock-gobbling Eddie Van Halen as the greatest guitarist, no, the ONLY guitarist who's ever done anything on the instrument, even going so far as to say that Eddie Van Halen did the LAST thing on the instrument worth mentioning - ever - in essence saying Eddie Van Halen "PERFECTED THE INSTRUMENT", he's offered absolutely dick to this website.

What a worthless fucking waste.

bueno bob
10-13-2007, 03:17 AM
Why don't you just drag your dumb ass over to the Links where you can breed with the rest of the fucking "Eddie Eddie Eddie" drones?

bueno bob
10-13-2007, 03:18 AM
Come on, shithead, open your fucking mouth again. But please, take Eddie's cock out of it before trying to talk.

bueno bob
10-13-2007, 03:20 AM
Stupid mother fucker.

What the fuck's wrong with you, can't you fucking type straight or are you too blinded by the E D and I keys to figure out how to fucking type anything else?

Come on, fuck face. Let's hear your vast intellect. Amazing me with your striking wit and in depth knowledge of guitar history, fuckface.

What's wrong? Where are you?

naturochem
10-13-2007, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by eddie78

Is the Rainbow reference in jest?

Were you aware that Blackmore's use of diatonic minor scales over simple blues riffs are what 1st influenced this fuck??

Another fuckin' Rhodes scholar...

bueno bob
10-13-2007, 03:22 AM
OK, I'm bored now. I've already owned eddie78 too many times for this to be fun anymore. But I gave it the old college try, so I can't say I didn't do my best. Hell, for a while even I almost believed it.

Heheheh...OK, genius, have at it, the field is all yours...have a good evening.

Bitch.

:)

bueno bob
10-13-2007, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by naturochem
Is the Rainbow reference in jest?

Were you aware that Blackmore's use of diatonic minor scales over simple blues riffs are what 1st influenced this fuck??

Another fuckin' Rhodes scholar...

Nah, actually he "Teaches Advanced Guitar Students at Berklee" or something...

:rolleyes:

bueno bob
10-13-2007, 03:27 AM
Actually, though, I've said it time and again...Yngwie has his fans and he has his detractors...and that's all good...those who know, know and those who don't get it probably never will. To the uninitiated who haven't really listened to Yngwie's material in depth, he'll probably always be dismissed out of hand as all flash and no substance. Pretty much the same way any other "Hot-Ass Guitarist" has similarly been dismissed out of hand as all flash and no substance by the uninitiated. Hell, even Eddie had his detractors back in HIS heyday by those who "Really Knew Guitar Music". They said the same things about Eddie back then (and still do) that the new generation has said about Yngwie. And still do.

Of course, you can't tell eddie78 that, but what are you gonna do...?

What you're gonna do is PLAY LOUD.

And that is all.

bueno bob
10-13-2007, 03:36 AM
I'm going to go play Halo.

I am Master Chief John-117 lololololololololololololol

Time to own some n00bs.

http://activewin.com/articles/2007/images/halo3box.jpg

ELVIS
10-13-2007, 07:23 AM
The first thing you notice when you see one of Yngwie's guitars up close is how high the action is...

Eddie's Booze
10-13-2007, 08:25 AM
The first thing you notice when you see one of Yngwie's guitars up close is how high the action is...

I read somewhere the action is like 6mm high.

:eek:

jhale667
10-13-2007, 04:38 PM
LMAO...I wondered how long it was going to take Gheydie78 to chime in and get owned as usual.

Dude, your musical ignorance and hatred of Yngwie has gotten really tired (Why all the hate? Did he turn down your homosexual advances at the Rainbow one night during the 80s, and you've held a grudge ever since?). So has your inability to properly use a contraction.

Originally posted by Gheydie78

Dumbfuck.

cdwillis
10-13-2007, 08:52 PM
If you think Yngwie sucks you need to rethink your perspective on music and guitar playing. Sure he can be repetitive but who's to say a guy like Stevie Ray Vaughn wasn't repetitive too?

jharp84
10-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
There's an amazing boot at guitars101.com
called Yngwie with anvil (don't ask me I don't know what anvil is)

the boot is worth the effort though.
Thanks for the vids King.

Anvil was a scary lookin death metal band in the early 1980's from europe I believe! But this thread is fuckin scarier! START THE YNGWIE ARMY SITE JFC!! :monekyr: ANd quit pissin on my lawn! Ya FUCKIN WANKERS! YNGWIE CAN WANK REAL GOOD!!

jhale667
10-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Somebody forgot to take their meds...
Yeah, how DARE anyone discuss ANY other guitar player of interest here....:rolleyes:

jharp84
10-13-2007, 11:06 PM
I AM THE MED MAN! MUTHERFUCKER! All ya Ygnwie fans - WTF!! YOU NEED MEDS!!

jharp84
10-13-2007, 11:10 PM
WTF! FUCK YGNWIE!! GET IT!! I AM TIRED OF THIS SHIT ON A VAN HALEN SITE!! MEDS/NO Meds I had the steeler album! I saw Ygnwie live 1985 open for ac/dc! YOu Ygnwie fans - open a fuckin site! FUCK THIS ALL OVER AGAIN!!

jharp84
10-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
Somebody forgot to take their meds...
Yeah, how DARE anyone discuss ANY other guitar player of interest here....:rolleyes:

VIVIAN CAMBELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( so there!

jharp84
10-13-2007, 11:19 PM
WTF! DID WE NOT DO THIS EARLIER? OK! I GET IT SOME cool dudes like ygnwie! Alright fine! Should I start a Satriani thread over and over on this site?? NO I HAVE RESPECT! I DON'T FUCKIN LIKE YGNWIE!! AND FUCK YOU!!!!

jharp84
10-13-2007, 11:24 PM
MOTHERFUCK ALL OF YOU HERE AGAIN FOR STARTING ANOTHER PIECE OF SHIT THREAD LIKE THIS AGAIN!! TAKE IT TO THE FUCKIN CAN!

jhale667
10-13-2007, 11:31 PM
Here's an idea:
Don't like it? Go post somewhere else, for fuck's sake! Try not to be such a douche nozzle.
I wonder if you DID start a Satriani thread, the same people would get their PANTIES in a bunch like you and Gheydie78 do
at the mere MENTION of Yngwie....:rolleyes:
And stopping yelling while you're at it! :)

jhale667
10-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by jharp84
MUTHERFUCKER!

Hey, if YOU'D kept your Mom off the streets, none of us would've had a shot at her...;)

jharp84
10-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Here's an idea:
Don't like it? Go post somewhere else, for fuck's sake! Try not to be such a douche nozzle.
I wonder if you DID start a Satriani thread, the same people would get their PANTIES in a bunch like you and Gheydie78 do
at the mere MENTION of Yngwie....:rolleyes:
And stopping yelling while you're at it! :)

Here: fuck sat! BUT FUCK YOU! SUCK MY FUCKIN DICK DICK!! TAKE YOUR FUCKIN YGNWIE OFF THIS SITE!! ONCE IS ENOUGH!! GET IT!!

jharp84
10-13-2007, 11:41 PM
AND FUCK YOU!!

jharp84
10-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Hey, if YOU'D kept your Mom off the streets, none of us would've had a shot at her...;)

Thas' fightin words and a cheap shot! You SMALL penis motherfucker! I am ready!

jharp84
10-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Showin your true colors! YA FUCKIN TRAILOR TRASH PIECE OF SHIT!!

jharp84
10-13-2007, 11:48 PM
If only!!

jhale667
10-13-2007, 11:50 PM
Showin your true colors! YA FUCKIN TRAILOR TRASH PIECE OF SHIT!!

:lol:

Nope, don't have a small penis, nor live in a trailer...

Gettin' colder...:D

http://e.photos.cx/Gomezgay-679.jpg

jharp84
10-13-2007, 11:51 PM
Here's to the FUCK JHALE BDAY! PIECE OF SHIT TRAILOR TRASH THREAD!! YA MOTHERFUCKER CAN SUCK YGNWIE! ALL NIGHT LONG!!

jhale667
10-13-2007, 11:53 PM
I am ready to be

http://e.photos.cx/Owned_Series_Part_Three_3-440.jpg

Ask and you shall receive...

jharp84
10-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Actually - jhale! that is good!! I am, lol! My anger takin out on you! Not personal! However. I will not concede to owned! I guess you were the 1st in line! If ygnwie, the ygnwie! Whatever! I am not gonna waste time on this! I have a few more pressing issues right now! Jhale- great sparring w/ya!! If your still pissed we can continue at a later date! jharp!!

jhale667
10-14-2007, 12:04 AM
Dude, who's pissed? I'm having fun. :D
The whole Yngwie hatred thing perplexes me, though...I mean, obviously EVH is my hero,
but I appreciate TONS of other guitarists, and certainly wouldn't be offended if anyone started a thread on another one...
Unless of course, it was some complete hack or something...:rolleyes:

jharp84
10-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Gotcha! It's all good! JH

bueno bob
10-14-2007, 02:33 AM
It's funny that there's so much anti-Yngwie sentiment to tell you the truth. Honestly, there's no reason he can't be discussed and there's no reason his haters have to get all worked up about it here, unless they feel threatened. Personally, I think it's envy, probably because they never figured out how to accurate play the intro to "Trilogy".

Bottom line is that he's a tremendously good guitarist, and (when he's serious) a very good composer and instrumentalist. Not everybody is going to like it, but when I hear complete nonsense like "Oh, he's got no emotion in his playing" as a way to attack him, all I smell is envy.

Who in the fuck defines "emotion" in guitar playing? EVERYBODY and NOBODY. In their own way, everyone defines their own idea of "emotional playing", but NOBODY defines it to me. Everybody defines emotional playing differently, which is why there are actually misguided shithead sheep who feel that 316 is the most beautiful piece of guitar work they've ever heard.

Bottom line? It doesn't fucking matter. But I will say this, NOBODY tells me what's "emotional" playing and what's not. I will be the fucking judge of that, period. If it elicits an emotional response from me (as in "I love it!" or even "I hate it!"), then I guess it's (you got it) "emotional". And I've gone both ways with Yngwie over the years. Some of his stuff I love (the first Rising Force album, for instance) and some of it I can't stand ("Facing the Animal", wretched piece of shit that it is).

So there ya go.

And that's all she wrote.

jhale667
10-14-2007, 02:55 AM
Well said. :baaa:

naturochem
10-14-2007, 06:32 AM
Best post of the fucking thread -- 5 stars, & a pocket rocket for your old lady on the way!

:lol:

Nope, don't have a small penis, nor live in a trailer...

Gettin' colder...:D

http://e.photos.cx/Gomezgay-679.jpg