PDA

View Full Version : Domo oregato Mr Roboto

Mr Badguy
01-09-2004, 09:03 AM
I was listening to Styx`s "Kilroy was here" album the other night.

"Mr Roboto" has to be the wierdest song I think I ever heard.

Anybody think they have heard anything wierder?

Mr Grimsdale
01-09-2004, 09:51 AM
kilroy eh?

check this out...

Anger at Kilroy 'anti-Arab rant' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3376633.stm)

Muslim leaders have accused Robert Kilroy-Silk of "anti-Arab and anti-Muslim views" after a newspaper piece entitled "We Owe the Arabs Nothing".
The Muslim Council of Britain denounced the BBC discussion show presenter's piece as a "gratuitous anti-Arab rant".

In the Sunday Express piece, the former Labour MP referred to Arabs as "suicide bombers, limb-amputators, women repressors".

The Commission for Racial Equality has also reported the matter to the police.

The MCB secretary general Iqbal Sacranie said in a letter to BBC One controller Lorraine Heggessey that Mr Kilroy-Silk had failed to distinguish between the terrorists behind the 11 September attacks and 200 million "ordinary Arab peoples".

Mr Sacranie questioned whether if the word Jew or black was substituted for Arab in the piece, the presenter would not still be occupying a high-profile spot on television.

A BBC spokeswoman said the corporation was carefully examining Mr Sacranie's letter before deciding whether any action should be taken.

The presenter was unable to give a comment due to his mother's funeral.

Mr Kilroy-Silk's piece started: "We are told by some of the more hysterical critics of the war on terror that 'it is destroying the Arab world'. So? Should we be worried about that?"

Mr Kilroy-Silk went on to say that the toppling of despotic regimes in the Middle East should be a war aim, and questioned the contribution of the Arab nations to world welfare and civilisation.

"Apart from oil - which was discovered, is produced and is paid for by the West - what do they contribute? Can you think of anything? Anything really useful?... No, nor can I...

"We're told the the Arabs loathe us. Really?... What do they think we feel about them? That we adore them for the way they murdered more than 3,000 civilians on 11 September and then danced in the hot, dusty streets to celebrate the murders?"

He said Arab nations should be grateful for the aid and technology the West had provided.

"They should go down on their knees and thank God for the munificence of the United States."

Mr Sacranie said action should be taken over the "bigoted and ill-informed ideas" in the piece, which was "ignorant, extremely derogatory and indisputably racist".

The BBC spokeswoman said: "We've received an e-mail from Mr Iqbal Sacranie and are looking into how the Sunday Express column, which Robert Kilroy-Silk writes in his capacity as a freelance, fits with his on-screen work for the BBC.

"We'd like to take the time to carefully consider the points Mr Sacranie makes."

CRE chair Trevor Phillips said: "This article is indisputably stupid and its main effect will be to give comfort to the weak-minded.

"However, given the extreme and violent terms in which Mr Kilroy-Silk has expressed himself, there is a danger that this might incite some individuals to act against someone who they think is an Arab."

Mr Badguy
01-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Strike a light!

Kilroy`s one of us.

rustoffa
01-09-2004, 08:18 PM
In that Styx "behind the music" Tommy Shaw was talking about how Deyoung was bound and determined to perform the weird concept show after following Nugent at some huge festival.....hahaha,the crowd got so bent after like the first "concept" piece they just had to get off the stage.Shaw was like,"I was fearing for my life".

One Voice
01-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Yea, i saw that.
That was really a dumb ass thing to do at an all day
festival.

BrownSound1
01-12-2004, 03:36 PM
That old song Dog Police where the video had all of these fuckers dressed up like dogs was a little to weird for my ass. I don't know who did it, but they need their ass whupped.

BITEYOASS
01-15-2004, 10:46 AM
In that Styx "behind the music" Tommy Shaw was talking about how Deyoung was bound and determined to perform the weird concept show after following Nugent at some huge festival.....hahaha,the crowd got so bent after like the first "concept" piece they just had to get off the stage.Shaw was like,"I was fearing for my life".

I like to make a correction on that one rustoffa, it wasn't Nugent they were following at the festival, it was Spammy. Now how humiliating is that! No wonder Tommy got addicted to booze and coke.