PDA

View Full Version : Army Of Anyone -- Ray Luzier's newest band.

WARF
10-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Not Bad.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4iSCQr8WbdA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4iSCQr8WbdA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Mezro
10-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Not that good either.

Mezro...these guys should be called "The Bland Band"...boring music...

binnie
10-11-2007, 03:35 AM
I actually quite like their album, it's got some really interesting stuff on it. Pretty decent rock music, it's not going to change the world but its well worth a listen.

Warham
10-11-2007, 07:44 AM
There's rumors of STP reuniting in the next few years, so I can't see this more than just a toss-off project.

Hyman Roth
10-11-2007, 07:52 AM
Luzier is a fucking awesome drummer.

NATEDOG001976
10-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Mezro
Not that good either.

Mezro...these guys should be called "The Bland Band"...boring music...

Saw them in concert, they rocked. CD is good to. Did you listen to it?

NATEDOG001976
10-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by WAR
There's rumors of STP reuniting in the next few years, so I can't see this more than just a toss-off project.

Yes! STP rules!

binnie
10-11-2007, 11:21 AM
STP will reunite when Slash and co. finally get GNR back together, that is a reunion that will happen purely because of the amount of money on the table.

STP fuckin' rule, I'm gutted that I never got to see them live

NATEDOG001976
10-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by binnie
STP will reunite when Slash and co. finally get GNR back together, that is a reunion that will happen purely because of the amount of money on the table.

STP fuckin' rule, I'm gutted that I never got to see them live

Wow man, I've seen STP live 4 or 5 times.

WACF
10-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Army Of Anyone is OK.

Thing is...I miss STP and I prefer Filter.

If anyone out there deserves to be in a good band it is Ray...

binnie
10-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
Wow man, I've seen STP live 4 or 5 times.

I'm pretty envious. They didn't really tour Europe that often....

ThrillsNSpills
10-11-2007, 03:41 PM
I saw STP twice.
I've got tons of respect for the DeLeo's. Robert is a monster on bass. Very technically proficient and he adds so much to the songs. The bass on Paper Heart is amazing. Dean is cool the way he layers tracks plus his use of effects. Not to mention the quality of the songs.
I'm not really feeling this Army of Anyone stuff but will give the rest of the album a shot.
I hope War's right about STP.

NATEDOG001976
10-11-2007, 04:00 PM
IT'S WORTH A LISTEN!

NATEDOG001976
10-11-2007, 04:00 PM
:)

ODShowtime
10-11-2007, 06:33 PM
STP = one of the best bands ever

Filter = crap

I've seen them both live. STP exceeds expectations. Filter made me laugh about how gay they were. Especially the singer. And their pyro kept going off at random times.

Mezro
10-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
Saw them in concert, they rocked. CD is good to. Did you listen to it?

I heard a few tracks; OK, but nothing special.

Mezro...STP was amazing and Filter had their moments...I was just expecting more from Army...

diamondD
10-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Just like their other project, Talk Show, the DeLeo brothers prove again there's no magic like the one with your original singer.

Too bad for Ray that this probably won't last as everyone runs back to cash in with their old bands at some point.

DLR'sCock
10-16-2007, 03:16 PM
I saw STP in 1993(w/ The Flaming Lips, and the Butthole Surfers), 1997(from the beach in Florida with Aerosmith during Spring Break @ the club LaVella), and in 2000(w/ red hot chili peppers, and fishbone).

binnie
10-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
I saw STP in 1993(w/ The Flaming Lips, and the Butthole Surfers),

What were The Butthole Surfers like?

delta5150
10-16-2007, 04:00 PM
I listened to their album once it came out, got a mixed opinion about them, I think there's room for potential.

My favourite song is "Stop, look and listen"

For starters, it's a "STP" album really at the end of the day,g ood thing is that musicianship is gonna be good, I must say that the DeLeo brothers are magicians when it comes to writing great melodic songs with beautiful hooks.

Ray Luzier needs no introduction
but it pisses me off how other drummers are mentioned before him

One in particular is the drummer of a mexican pop/rock group called "Mana", it was said that he was one of the top rock drummers around, of course
this was mentioned on mainstream TV and of course"eveyone" fucking believes it, and this drummer is such a fucking poser.

But I think Ray's solo on "Goodbye"
will boost his credentials

The weak point of this group
is the singer, I'm sorry but his vocals are weak, weak, weak, lyrics are shit, shit, shit, no way does he come close to Scott Weiland

Conclusion:
Army of anyone = supergroup - crap singer =
decent group

Roy Munson
10-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Dean DeLeo is one of the most underrated guitar players of our generation.

DLR'sCock
10-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by binnie
What were The Butthole Surfers like?

They rocked, but their sound was weak.

Terry
10-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson

Nothing but fucking yeah to that one!

Far as Army of Anyone goes, that track is all I've heard (totally dig Luzier, but what happened to Kretz?). Agreed the instrumentation is good (certainly sounds enough like STP) but also agreed the singer and the lyrics, at least on that track, are very weak.

I, too, never got around to seeing STP live, and am also pissed that I never did (always thought there would be time). Hope STP do get it back together, because I've been pretty fucking underwhelmed with Velvet Revolver from the moment I first heard their cover of PF's Money on the Italian Job soundtrack, through their first album...in other words, well before the 2007 RnRHoF fiasco...have only heard their new album twice, but nothing I heard made me wanna run out and get it.

Could honestly give a shit about GnR getting back together either way, but if STP reformed for a quick blast through some tour dates, I'd go catch them in a heartbeat, new music forthcoming or not.

ODShowtime
10-18-2007, 06:41 AM

agreed 100%. and his shit is so much fun to play

Carmine
10-18-2007, 07:11 AM
I was initially stoked for this album....

until, I heard it.....

ThrillsNSpills
10-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Ray's great at the end of Goodbye.
Real good playing.

Something about Kretz's drumming though with the DeLeos make it seem like he's another brother.
I know the word chemistry is overused at times but it certainly applies here.
Not slagging Ray cos Ray kicks ass.

Roy Munson
10-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Ray is far better than Kretz technically speaking. But, Kretz has that groove thing going on that many drummers don't have.

In fact, if I could pick ONE drummer that I really think could do the Zeppelin reunion the RIGHT way it would be Eric Kretz. He's the guy, not Jason Bonham. No disresepct to Jason either, but Eric has more Bonzo in him than does Jason.

ODShowtime
10-19-2007, 06:27 PM
if I could pick ONE drummer that I really think could do the Zeppelin reunion the RIGHT way it would be Eric Kretz. He's the guy, not Jason Bonham. No disresepct to Jason either, but Eric has more Bonzo in him than does Jason.

I agree with this statement.

Talking about underration, Kretz NEVER gets any props and he totally kicks ass!