PDA

View Full Version : New Iron Maiden Videogame On the Way

bueno bob
10-15-2007, 03:13 PM
According to a posting on the IRON MAIDEN fan site MaidenNorway.com, Norwegian video game developer Hybris is working on a new game based on MAIDEN's music and the band's mascot Eddie. The game has been awarded a grant from the Norwegian Film Fund for the first phase of development for this new game which has been given the working title "Play With Madness".

The dramatic setting for this new game is a mix of the Northern mythology gods (Odin, Thor and the others) and MAIDEN's universe. Play With Madness contains a fantastic gallery of characters. The idea is that the Northern Gods reach out to Eddie and the band when Ragnarok (the end of the world) approaches. The action kicks off with Eddie being given an assignment from Odin, and starts his world tour which brings him to a bloody battle between Norwegian Vikings and Japanese Samurai, among other things. The player will be thrown into Ragnarok with the force of heavy metal!

.......eh..........OK........

jharp84
10-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks! Huge MAIDEN FAN! Not an "Ygnwie" hater! Let's not go there anymore! This will be the first video game I purchase for me! Not stepson!

bueno bob
10-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Heheheh...

Apparently if you nail 1000 notes straight in one of those Guitar Hero games, you get the "Yngwie Bonus" or something...lol

jharp84
10-15-2007, 05:36 PM
I AM OONNN IT!

Steve Savicki
10-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Remember the old Journey arcade game?

I think I played it once.

ppg960
10-16-2007, 12:20 PM
If I saw that pinball machine, I'd torch the Fucking thing.

bastardog
10-16-2007, 02:12 PM
I have the first Iron Maiden video game "Ed Hunter" it was some kind of fun...
and ofcourse I will buy this new one :)

bastardog
10-16-2007, 02:13 PM
I hope this one to be a more graphically designed and the game been more like Doom

Steve Savicki
10-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by ppg960
If I saw that pinball machine, I'd torch the Fucking thing.
What pinball machine was this?
Would you torch
<center>http://www.shootagainpinball.com/pinball/images/Nugent%201.JPG</center>

Anonymous
10-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
According to a posting on the IRON MAIDEN fan site MaidenNorway.com, Norwegian video game developer Hybris is working on a new game based on MAIDEN's music and the band's mascot Eddie. The game has been awarded a grant from the Norwegian Film Fund for the first phase of development for this new game which has been given the working title "Play With Madness".

The dramatic setting for this new game is a mix of the Northern mythology gods (Odin, Thor and the others) and MAIDEN's universe. Play With Madness contains a fantastic gallery of characters. The idea is that the Northern Gods reach out to Eddie and the band when Ragnarok (the end of the world) approaches. The action kicks off with Eddie being given an assignment from Odin, and starts his world tour which brings him to a bloody battle between Norwegian Vikings and Japanese Samurai, among other things. The player will be thrown into Ragnarok with the force of heavy metal!

.......eh..........OK........

This setting is SO BAD, it just gotta be good.

Seriously, my expectations are already so low just from reading that pile of tripe that ANYTHING they release will probably look good.

That said, Ed Hunter was entertining. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think I'm gonna play it...

Cheers! :bottle:

Mr Badguy
10-25-2007, 09:22 AM
I liked Ed Hunter.

Okay, it`s well dated now but at the time it was alright.

The soundtrack CD was a lot better than "The best of the Beast" , IMO.