PDA

View Full Version : Bush Wins Senate Spying Bill Victory.

Warham
10-18-2007, 05:04 PM
WASHINGTON, Oct. 18 U.S. President George Bush has won an apparent congressional victory with a bill governing domestic spying, the Washington Post reported.

Agreement between Senate Democrats and Republicans was reached Wednesday on the overhaul of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, and a competing House version was withdrawn.

The Senate draft bill includes a provision Bush lobbied for that grants immunity from litigation to telecommunication companies that turned over customer data to intelligence agencies. However, it also includes a Democrat-backed requirement that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court review government's procedures for deciding who can be the subject of warrantless surveillance.

While the White House wanted the law to be permanent, compromise led to the Democrats securing a six-year sunset provision, the report said.

In the House, the newspaper said the FISA bill withdrawal was the first time since Democrats took control of the chamber nine months ago that a major bill fell before a scheduled vote.

The existing FISA law expires in February.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/126538.html

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Dupe.

Dude, did you not just post in Lounges thread on the topic?

Warham
10-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Lounge doesn't have a thread on the topic.

LoungeMachine
10-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Bullshit, and you know it...

Allow me to post your article in it and close this....

Warham
10-18-2007, 05:39 PM
I responded to your article that you posted today about wireless tapping? Interesting.

LoungeMachine
10-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by WAR
I responded to your article that you posted today about wireless tapping? Interesting.

Yes, you did.

10 minutes ago...

Under my alias The Truth