PDA

View Full Version : Top Air Force Official Commits Suicide

LoungeMachine
10-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Top Air Force Official Dies in Apparent Suicide

By ERIC SCHMITT and GINGER THOMPSON
Published: October 15, 2007

WASHINGTON, Oct. 15 — The second-highest ranking member of the Air Force’s procurement office was found dead of an apparent suicide at his Virginia home Sunday, Air Force and police officials said today.

The official, Charles D. Riechers, 47, came under scrutiny by the Senate Armed Services Committee earlier this month after the Air Force arranged for him to be paid $13,400 a month by a private contractor, Commonwealth Research Institute, while he awaited review from the White House of his appointment as principal deputy assistant secretary for acquisition. He was appointed to the job in January.

The Washington Post reported on Oct. 1 that the contractor, Commonwealth Research, registered as a nonprofit organization in Johnstown, Pa., paid Mr. Riechers for two months as a senior technical adviser, though he did no work for the company.

“I really didn’t do anything for C.R.I.” Mr. Riechers told The Post. “I got a paycheck from them.”

The Air Force has disputed The Post’s portrayal of Mr. Riechers’s role and said in a statement today that he was “employed in a scientific and engineering technical assistance capacity to the Air Force and made recommendations that were instrumental in engineering our acquisition transformation and continuing the Air Force’s modernization of our aging fleet.”

Specifically, the Air Force said that Mr. Riechers, a retired Air Force officer and master navigator, provided technical advice on several programs including converting commercial aircraft to military using and modernizing the C-130 transport plane. Loren Thompson, an expert on the military at The Lexington Institute said it was unclear whether Mr. Riechers’s suicide had anything to do with the inquiry. However, he said that Mr. Riechers’s death would cast a further shadow over the Pentagon’s beleaguered procurement system.

Commonwealth Research and its parent company, Concurrent Technologies, have extensive contracts with the Pentagon, intelligence agencies and other Federal departments.

A year before Mr. Riechers’s appointment, the Air Force was mired in scandal. The Pentagon canceled a $23 billion deal to lease 767 tankers from Boeing after the disclosure that a former Air Force procurement officer, Darleen Druyun, was found to have favored Boeing in contracts before being hired by the company.

At a hearing by the Senate Armed Services Committee earlier this month, Senator Carl M. Levin of Michigan said far too many weapons acquisitions had been plagued by “cost increases, late deliveries to the war fighters and performance shortfalls.”

Senator Levin added that 25 of the Pentagon’s major defense acquisition programs had overruns of at least 50 percent. And he expressed concern about an “alarming lack of acquisition planning across the department.”

“The root cause of these and other problems in the defense acquisition system is our failure to maintain an acquisition work force with the resources and skills needed to manage the department’s acquisition system,” Mr. Levin said. “The Pentagon and Justice Department are currently conducting criminal investigations into some $6 billion in contracts to supply essential supplies to American troops in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.”

In May, Mr. Riechers told the Armed Forces Communications & Electronics Association’s Northern Virginia Chapter that restoring credibility to the Air Force was a priority for the Air Force. He said the Darleen Druyun scandal was an “aberration,” that was not representative of the Air Force’s acquisition system.

Mr. Reichers was a retired Air Force officer and master navigator specializing in electronic warfare, with 20 years of operational, acquisition and staff experience, according to the Air Force. He flew more than 1,900 flight hours, with 90 hours of combat and combat support time in B-52G and EC-130H aircraft.

FORD
10-18-2007, 06:19 PM
"Apparent suicide".......

Yeah, he probably "shot himself" three times in the back of the head.

Wonder what he learned in the course of his involvement as a "technical advisor" to mercenaries, that would lead him to "suicide".

stringfelowhawk
10-19-2007, 02:15 AM
I can tell you there is definately more involved than what is being reported. Irregardless of the reasons or facts surrounding this it was a clear conflict of interest. I work for a small defense contractor that takes its ethics training very seriously and their biggest concern is to not only avoid those types of conflicts which are illegal, they want to avoid even the allusion to a conflict of interest because once it airs publicly (it always does eventually) just the appearance of impropriety of any kind can damage the reputation of everyone involved. Doesn't matter if it is legit or not once it airs your stock is gonna suffer even if it is brief.

ELVIS
10-19-2007, 03:04 AM
Check out the Russian news report of the story...

pravda.ru (http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/feedback/16-10-2007/98912-us_air_force-0)

Top US Air Force official 'suicided' as Iran war nears

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/10/16/us/16contract-190.jpg

Russian Intelligence Analysts are reporting today that American War Leaders have 'suicided' one of their Top US Air Force Officials Charles D. Riechers as the rift growing between the US War Leaders and their Top Military Officers over a nuclear attack on Iran appears to be nearing open warfare.

According to Western propaganda media sources, Charles D. Riechers was 'found dead of apparent suicide' after coming under the scrutiny of the United States Senate for alleged payments being made to him by the Commonwealth Research Institute, whose parent company is Concurrent Technologies, and which is headed by the secretive Neocon financier of America's top War Leaders, Daniel R. DeVos. [Note: Daniel R. DeVos frequently refers to himself by his middle name Richard and is not to be confused with the American billionaire Dick DeVos]

These reports to the Kremlin, however, state that Mr. Riechers' 'suicide' was, most likely, due to his involvement in the American Neocon plot to secret US nuclear missiles outside of the control of the
US Air Force to be used for an attack upon Iran, and which we had previously reported on in our September 20th report titled "American Spy Satellite Downed In Peru As US Nuclear Attack On Iran Thwarted".

Such is the chaos in the American Military Establishment over their War Leaders plans to attack Iran the US Military is said to be close to 'open revolt', according to these reports and as we can read as verified by German media sources:
"In an interview with SPIEGEL ONLINE, the Amsterdam-based military historian Gabriel Kolko talks about the prospect of war with Iran and argues that many in the US military now view the White House as being 'out of control.'

So concerned with the American military calling their own War Leaders 'out of control', President Putin, currently on an official state visit to Iran, has ordered Russia's Strategic Nuclear Bombers on 'full alert' and ordered them to begin World-Wide 'exercises' for the rest of the month of October.

To the depths of depravity that the United States has fallen to, no less than Americas most 'trusted' news source, The New York Times, this week compared themselves to last centuries Nazi Empire, and as we can read:

"Our humanity has been compromised by those who use Gestapo tactics in our war. The longer we stand idly by while they do so, the more we resemble those "good Germans" who professed ignorance of their own Gestapo. It's up to us to wake up our somnambulant Congress to challenge administration policy every day. Let the war's last supporters filibuster all night if they want to. There is nothing left to lose except whatever remains of our country's good name."

In the madness of war and horrific destruction being visited upon the Muslim peoples of the World by the United States, and its dwindling allies, it is interesting, but sad, to note how far these once free people fallen in barely 100 years from their truest ideas as a new war with Iran looms before them , and as we can read:

"As President Theodore Roosevelt said in his 1906 State of the Union address, "No man can take part in the torture of a human being without having his own moral nature permanently lowered."

:elvis:

FORD
10-19-2007, 03:11 AM
Isn't it ironic that 20 years ago, Pravda was the state media of a totalitarian regime, and a free press still existed in the US, now they're more credible than most media here. :(

ELVIS
10-19-2007, 03:16 AM
I don't know about that...

They call The New York Times "Americas most 'trusted' news source."

:elvis:

ace diamond
10-26-2007, 12:52 AM
bush and cheney should be drug out and shot and left face down in a ditch to die and rot.

FORD
10-26-2007, 02:09 AM
That line would fit great in a rap song..... anybody got Dre's phone number?

Blackflag
10-26-2007, 02:19 AM
Don't you hayseeds know what line not to cross? Say hello to the feds for me. ;)

ELVIS
10-26-2007, 02:25 AM
Dre wouldn't stoop that low...

Nitro Express
10-26-2007, 02:31 AM
I wish I had a bottle of Stolichnaya and a cute Russian girl on my cock. :D

Nitro Express
10-26-2007, 02:31 AM
I wish I had a bottle of Stolichnaya and a cute Russian girl on my cock. :D

Nitro Express
10-26-2007, 02:32 AM
Is that wet pussy I smell or is that the Beluga caviar? :D

jharp84
10-26-2007, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Blackflag
Don't you hayseeds know what line not to cross? Say hello to the feds for me. ;)

This hayseed say's FUCK your line!

BITEYOASS
10-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by FORD
That line would fit great in a rap song..... anybody got Dre's phone number?

Forget that, how about Zack De La Rocha? :D

FORD
10-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Forget that, how about Zack De La Rocha? :D

OK.... a new Rage song, produced by Dre. That covers both.

FORD
10-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Dre wouldn't stoop that low...

Didn't realize you were a fan of the Doctor's work, Elvis

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Df2vkOd2j7Y&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Df2vkOd2j7Y&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ace diamond
10-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Blackflag

THIS HAYSEED SAYS TO YOU-"EAT A DICK WHILE YOU ARE BUSY GETTING FUCKED IN YOUR :asshole: "

OH, WAIT......I FORGOT.....YOU PREFER TO FUCK SHEEP AND GOATS......HUMANS AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU-YOU FILTHY SHEEP FUCKER!

NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU BEAR A STRIKING RESEMBLANCE TO THE NORTH END OF A SOUTHBOUND MULE..........YOU'VE BEEN FUCKING MULES TOO..........YOU ARE ONE SICK PUPPY........AND YOU FROMINSED YOU WOULD NOT FUCK THE DOG ANYMORE.........WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST STICK WITH FUCKING SHEEP.........SOMEBODY PLEASE DRAG THIS IDIOT OUT BACK AND PUT HIM OUT OF HIS MISERY!!!!
AND BE SURE TO LOCK UP YOUR LIVE STOCK.

ace diamond
10-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Is that wet pussy I smell or is that the Beluga caviar? :D

naw, that's the smell of fear