PDA

View Full Version : Well Done, Pete Stark

LoungeMachine
10-19-2007, 11:44 AM
CBS NewsOct. 19, 2007 8:41am

Republicans Object To Stark Comments On War
By Josephine Hearn

Oct 18, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The Politico) House Republicans objected today to comments made by outspoken liberal Democratic Rep. Pete Stark of California on the Iraq war during debate on the override of President Bush's veto of the children's health program.

Speaking on the House floor, Stark said, "Under the Republican plan, by
2017, we probably will have killed 20,000 soldiers in Iraq, spending
$200 billion."

Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas) rose to protest the remark and asked that Stark's words be taken down, a formal procedure to punish a member of Congress for breaching the House's standards of decorum.

The chair later ruled that Stark's comment did not refer to any specific House member and thus were appropriate.

Earlier in the SCHIP debate, Stark had made other spirited remarks.

“You don't have money to fund the war or children,'' he said. "But you're going to spend it to blow up innocent people if we can get enough kids to grow old enough for you to send to Iraq to get their heads blown off for the president's amusement."

Responding promptly and harshly to Stark, the National Republican Congressional Committee declared he had "trampled on the sacrifice of our troops."

Warham
10-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Duncan Hunter said today that he thinks Stark might have been heavily medicated when he made those incoherent remarks, and should apologize immediately.

LoungeMachine
10-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Fuck Duncan Hunter with your dick...

The only heavily medicated moron in Washington right now is Boosh, and he should apologize to the whole fucking world...

Warham
10-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Lounge, are you heavily medicated right now? :D

FORD
10-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Duncan Hunter is a certifiable lunatic.

But that's standard operating procedure for the current Republican party.

Warham
10-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Don't knock somebody that served in the Vietnam War, FORD.

How dare you, sir!

Would you like it if I made fun of Algore? :)

FORD
10-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Don't knock somebody that served in the Vietnam War, FORD.

How dare you, sir!

Would you like it if I made fun of Algore? :)

Your party HAS made fun of Al Gore. And John Kerry. And Max Cleland. And even your own John McCain.

I won't say anything bad about Chuck Hagel though.....except for his past ownership of ES&S electro-fraud machines.

LoungeMachine
10-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by WAR
Lounge, are you heavily medicated right now? :D

Yes, but I have a prescription for all of them, honest.

:gulp:

Even the mary-huana

What's your point, Senator.?

Warham
10-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Even the mary-huana

No problem at all, Good Sir.

Can you pass some of that shit over here. I need some medication myself.

Warham
10-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Your party HAS made fun of Al Gore. And John Kerry. And Max Cleland. And even your own John McCain.

I won't say anything bad about Chuck Hagel though.....except for his past ownership of ES&S electro-fraud machines.

Did you know John Kerry and George Bush are related? hehe

I applaud all of those men for their military service. What happened after that, I might take offense to.

LoungeMachine
10-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by WAR
No problem at all, Good Sir.

Can you pass some of that shit over here. I need some medication myself.

More than happy to, anytime......

:cool:

FORD
10-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Jellyfish Pelosi just condemned Stark on the House floor for his "inappropriate" comment.

Goddamnit I really hate my so called "leadership" in Congress. :mad:

stringfelowhawk
10-20-2007, 01:27 AM
Check this out. That isn't even the best part of his speach? I've never heard of this guy until today. For the first time since I've been old enough to vote I finally feel like someone speaks FOR ME! I'm not saying I agree with all his positions but on this point I will defend him unequivically.
I'm so fucking tired of dems bending over to be civil when cons never bother to return the favor. Instead of them constantly wearing knee pads in front of this incompetent asshat in the Oval office they should start being confrontational like Stark was today. Its clear civility isn't working so its time for some good ole fashion southern blunt force trauma baby. This is the perfect opportunity for them to either fall in line behind him or resign their post. It is obvious now, a year later, that Pelosi had no intentions of standing up to the childish emperor residing at 1600 Pensylvania Ave. or his cowardly corporate whore VP.
CNN's poll is at like 90% for NOT APOLOGIZING!!!!!

I love his response to being attacked for his comments. His last sentence made me respect this guy infinately. Here is the story:

By: John Amato on Friday, October 19th, 2007 at 1:35 PM - PDT

“I’m just amazed that the Republicans are worried that we can’t pay for insuring an additional 10 million children. They sure don’t care about finding $200 billion to fight the illegal War in Iraq.

“”President Bush’s statements about children’s health shouldn’t be taken any more seriously than his lies about the War in Iraq. The truth is that that Bush just likes to blow things up – in Iraq, in the United States, and in Congress.

After Rep. Pete Stark made his harsh statements against the Republicans and Bush over the SCHIP veto, the right wingers are trying to change the subject again by feigning outrage against him. Stark also didn’t fall for the MoveOn ad outrage also. Good for him. CNN ran a small clip of him all morning. Here’s CNN’s poll. 88% say he shouldn’t apologize. What say you?

via emailer:

“The wingnutosphere, Drudge, John Boehner, Roy Blunt, Jeb Hensarling, the RNC, and the NRCC, on the other hand, have issued statements criticizing Congressman Stark. Republicans believe that creating a controversy around these marks will help deflect attention from their opposition to health care for children.”

In response to Republican attacks, Congressman Stark recently issued this follow-up statement:

“I have nothing but respect for our brave men and women in uniform and wish them the very best,” said Stark. “But I respect neither the Commander-in-Chief who keeps them in harms way nor the chickenhawks in Congress who vote to deny children health care.”

The video is on Youtube but I think this is the link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=AhK7vdDEMFY

I have mentioned in other threads that I left the military because I refused to work for someone that I have NO respect for. This administration will destroy this country if its not already too late.

sadaist
10-20-2007, 02:17 AM

Even the mary-huana

Yet while you are under the influence, you still type better and make more sense than half of the sober people on this site:)

Although I usually don't agree with your politics.

Jim Shetterlini
10-20-2007, 02:53 AM
Fuck Duncan Hunter with your dick...

The only heavily medicated moron in Washington right now is Boosh, and he should apologize to the whole fucking world...

Hello, little fella, I am back ....had to live my life for awhile, you know, 110k job, 2boys playin football, 29 yr old HOT girlfriend....that is why I am so joking, positive and happy, I love life..Anyway, the only heavily medicated morons on this website are Leach Machine, NickdSour and Fudge or Ford. Start apologizing to all of us here for the desecration you have done to this site, started by an american soldier.

Nickdfresh
10-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Jellyfish Pelosi just condemned Stark on the House floor for his "inappropriate" comment.

Goddamnit I really hate my so called "leadership" in Congress. :mad:

I agree with her. I was listening to hot liberal radio slut Stephanie Miller; and she sort of thought that using such hyperbolic language does no one any good and and marginalizes what was a very good point otherwise...And he (a congressman) should save the "over-the-top stuff" for stupid radio shows and pundits..

As much as I think Bush is an asshat, I have a hard time believing he gets giddy and chuckles at the thought of troops dying in Iraq. I do think he is not "amused." IMO

Nickdfresh
10-20-2007, 10:33 AM
BTW, I do think that Bush "vetoes the children" though...

He vetoed little Susie, and Tommy, and Jenny, and Marcia, etc...

Thank Jesus he saved the childrens from abortion so their parents can endure undue financial burdens and the kids can suffer potential sicknesses...

FORD
10-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

As much as I think Bush is an asshat, I have a hard time believing he gets giddy and chuckles at the thought of troops dying in Iraq. I do think he is not "amused." IMO

But he IS amused! Remember that White House correspondent's dinner where he was looking for the non-existent WMD's??

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9EbssUgHj4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9EbssUgHj4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Bush is indeed amused by the deaths of Americans and Iraqis for no goddamned good reason.

And Jellyfish Pelosi laughed at that shit too. Seems she is also amused. Along with that traitorous bastard LIEberman.

Fuck every last one of them in the ass with a rusty chainsaw

Nitro Express
10-20-2007, 08:42 PM
But he IS amused! Remember that White House correspondent's dinner where he was looking for the non-existent WMD's??

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9EbssUgHj4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9EbssUgHj4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Bush is indeed amused by the deaths of Americans and Iraqis for no goddamned good reason.

And Jellyfish Pelosi laughed at that shit too. Seems she is also amused. Along with that traitorous bastard LIEberman.

Fuck every last one of them in the ass with a rusty chainsaw

Did you know these people belong to organizations that would love to reduce the earth's population by as much as 2/3? That is right from the Rockefeller phylosophy and it's invaded the UN. Stop the suffering by killing the people.

They don't care if some Iraqi and American peons die. Who cares. They only care about themselves.

Nitro Express
10-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Bush is ready and willing to use tactical nuclear weapons in the Middle East. I don't see why people don't get it. They get rid of a troublesome enemy in one quick sweep and without a draft. Oil goes over $100 a barrel. The insiders make all sorts of money. The US can handle the economic shock and goes into a full blown deppression.

The North American Union with a European Union alliance is thrown on us as our Constitutional rights are swept away. The US Dollar is gone and we are on a new currency overnight.

What these arrogant assholes seem to forget is Russia's capability to launch ICBM's if we scare the shit out of them. The Bush people really seem to underestimate Putin and treat Russia like a harmless has been.

NATO is the big dick and it's going to fuck the world.

Nickdfresh
10-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Yes Ford, Bush does cartwheels in the Oval Office every time a soldier gets killed...

Warham
10-21-2007, 12:09 PM
This is patently ridiculous.

knuckleboner
10-21-2007, 06:18 PM

i totally agree.

anybody saying the "amusement" thing is either foolish or politically grandstanding. he many be stupid, he may be arrogant, he may be overly agressive, he may be delusional, but bush is not finding amusment with dead U.S. soldiers. period.

and therefore, while i think there are a LOT of ways to legitimately criticize bush right now, i don't have to respect a fool or a grandstander.

LoungeMachine
10-21-2007, 06:21 PM
The smirking Chimp has been amused by the deaths of others going back to his time as Texas Governor.

Warham
10-21-2007, 06:46 PM
This might be the best thing Pelosi's done since she's been SotH.

Nickdfresh
10-21-2007, 07:46 PM
The smirking Chimp has been amused by the deaths of others going back to his time as Texas Governor.

Yeah. They're planning a huge bash for the 4000th death in Iraq at the White House. They're all ready lining up the babies to be sacrificed so they can drink their blood in a kewl Skull & Bones ritual with Katherine Harris giving blowjobs to the few Republican men that aren't gay or pedophiles...

LoungeMachine
10-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Yeah. They're planning a huge bash for the 4000th death in Iraq at the White House. They're all ready lining up the babies to be sacrificed so they can drink their blood in a kewl Skull & Bones ritual with Katherine Harris giving blowjobs to the few Republican men that aren't gay or pedophiles...

Better than the "hit his head while choking on a pretzel" story...

I'm not talking about The White House.

I'm talking about one man.

One guy who told his own fucking biographer in 2000 that if given then chance, he'd invade Iraq and take Saddam out, not just stop at Baghdad like his father did...

This man ENJOYS being a WAR PRESIDENT.

He BASKS in it.

And I for one am in no mood to cut him any slack on the continued SLAUGHTER of our people over HIS ego, and Big Oil buddies...

But that's just me.