PDA

View Full Version : Head of GOP Quits !!!

LoungeMachine
10-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Martinez Quits as G.O.P. Chairman

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: October 19, 2007
Filed at 2:23 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Mel Martinez, the public face of the Republican National Committee as its general chairman, announced Friday he was stepping down from his post after serving only 10 months.

''I believe that our future as a party and nation is bright and I have every intention of continuing to fight for our president, our party and our candidates,'' the Florida senator said in a statement.

His resignation came months earlier than anticipated. Martinez wasn't expected to step down until a Republican presidential nominee was selected, and the earliest that could occur is February.

The RNC said Martinez' job would not be filled.

Martinez said he was relinquishing the job to spend more time focusing on his constituents and because the RNC had achieved the objective he set when he assumed the job in January.

''It was my goal as general chairman to lead the party as it established the structure and raised the resources necessary to support our presidential candidate and ensure Republican victories next November. I believe we have accomplished those goals,'' Martinez said.

He has shared the chairmanship with Mike Duncan, a longtime RNC official who has been responsible for the party's day-to-day operations. Republican officials say with Martinez' departure, the RNC will return to a traditional leadership structure with a single chairman.

President Bush named Martinez, a prominent Hispanic who previously served in the Cabinet, as general chairman last November.

He had been reluctant to assume the role and did so only after repeated White House overtures. When he accepted the job, he had indicated to friends that he anticipated serving only about a year in the post.

The first-term senator was brought on to be the face of the party, focusing on fundraising, outreach and travel to promote the GOP agenda.

In a statement, the president said Martinez ''has effectively communicated our party's commitment to addressing the issues most important to all Americans. His message of hope and opportunity has resonated throughout America and strengthened support for our agenda.''

Separately, Duncan called it an honor to serve with Martinez.

''Our party has effectively laid the groundwork for the 2008 Republican presidential nominee thanks in large part to Senator Martinez's efforts,'' Duncan said in a statement.

By tapping the Cuban-born Martinez to be the party's public persona a year ago, the White House had turned to a lawmaker who has been a staunch supporter of the president, including on the issue of comprehensive immigration reform, including a guest-worker program.

Martinez served as Bush's secretary of Housing and Urban Development from 2001 until 2003, when he resigned to run for the Senate seat left open by Democratic Sen. Bob Graham's retirement.

Martinez gained national recognition amid the drama surrounding Elian Gonzalez, the castaway boy who was returned from the U.S. to Cuba in 2000 after an international custody battle.

The top county official in Orange County, Fla., at the time, Martinez argued on national television talk shows and before a U.S. Senate committee that the boy should stay in the United States. He also invited Gonzalez to Walt Disney World before the boy was returned to Cuba.

:D

LoungeMachine
10-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

''I believe that our future as a party and nation is bright

The RNC said Martinez' job would not be filled.

because the RNC had achieved the objective he set when he assumed the job in January.

''Our party has effectively laid the groundwork for the 2008 Republican presidential nominee

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my God.......

Redballjets88
10-19-2007, 03:09 PM
haha i have to agree with you lounge. What fuckin groundwork hasbeen laid?

IMO Hillary has the election won already.

FORD
10-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Ah, I seem to remember an old 2 Live Crew song about Mel Martinez.......

(As performed by a bunch of kids from some ex-Soviet bloc country)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SwZ98iD27Ac"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SwZ98iD27Ac" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

This is something I should'nt say, but Imma say this shit any motherfuckin' way.

Fuck Martinez! Fuck, fuck Martinez!
(Fuck Martinez! Fuck, fuck Martinez!)
Lemme hear you say; Fuck Martinez! Fuck, fuck Martin-ez!

2x
All the white guys say; Fuck Nevaro! Fuck, fuck Neva-ro!
(Fuck Nevaro! Fuck, fuck Neva-ro!)

2x
All the fellas say; Martinez' wife, you know she sucka mean dick!
(Martinez' wife, you know she sucka mean dick!)

Now bring it all down!

Now make it funky!

2x
Now all the ladies clap!

2x
Now all the fellas say; E-eeoeo-e-e-eeoeo!
(E-eeoeo-e-e-eeoeo!)

Okay, okay, we gonna do this here like this here why it's real funky you know what I'm say'n?
When I say Martinez, you all say "suck dick", and when I say Martinez' wife y'all say "eat

pussy", allright? Y'all ready to kick it? Yo, yo, let's go!

4x
Martin-ez!
(Suck dick!)
Martinez' wife!
(Eat pussy!)

Hahaaa!

Say fuck Martinez! Fuck, fuck Martinez!
Everybody say fuck Martinez! Fuck, fuck Martinez!

All the white guys say; Fuck Nevaro! Fuck, fuck Neva-ro!
(Fuck Nevaro! Fuck, fuck Neva-ro!)
All the brothers say; Fuck Martinez! Fuck, fuck Martin-ez!

Now bring it all down!

Now make it funky!

Okay, okay, check this out, we gonna do this here aight? We gonna do this here.. We gonna

check this out, check this out. I got one, I got one..

When I say M, you say A,
when I say R, you say T,
when I say I, you say N,
when I say E, you say Z!

M!
(A!)
R!
(T!)
I!
(N!)
E!
(Z!)

One more time, now!

M!
(A!)
R!
(T!)
I!
(N!)
E!
(Z!)

Now lemme hear you say;
Fuck Martinez! Fuck, fuck Martinez!
Everybody say fuck Martinez! Fuck, fuck Martinez!

Okay, okay, okay! Check this out! We gonna do this here, allright, we gonna do this here,

allright.. When I say "Martinez", you gonna say "Ain't shit", when I say Martinez wife, you

say "Suck dick". Allright, allright, y'all ready, y'all ready? Let's go!

4x
Marti-nez!
(Ain't shit!)
Martinez wife!
(Suck dick!)

Who stopped that beat?
Bring it back, mick!

Now everybody say; You can't stand the base, take your dead ass home!
(If you can't stand the base, take your dead ass home!)
Lemme hear you say; You can't stand the base, take your dead ass home!
(If you can't stand the base, take your dead ass home!)

Lemme hear you say; You can't stand the base, take your crabby ass home!
(If you can't stand the base, take your crabby ass home!)
All the ladies say; You can't stand the base, take your crabby ass home!
(If you can't stand the base, take your crabby ass home!)

Sarge's Little Helper
10-19-2007, 06:09 PM
The parody band was even funnier....

2 Live Jew

With the LP Kosher as they want to be

LoungeMachine
10-19-2007, 07:15 PM

''It was my goal as general chairman to lead the party as it established the structure and raised the resources necessary to support our presidential candidate and ensure Republican victories next November. I believe we have accomplished those goals,'' Martinez said.

Under his "leadership", the RNC has raised 1/13th as much as their Democratic counterpart.

The Republican Presidential candidates have raised 1/2 as much as the Dems...

And that's with Mitt pouring 8million of his own funds in, with a reported 40million coming...

Yeah, the Repuke Party is poised for a landlside. .

Nitro Express
10-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Under his "leadership", the RNC has raised 1/13th as much as their Democratic counterpart.

The Republican Presidential candidates have raised 1/2 as much as the Dems...

And that's with Mitt pouring 8million of his own funds in, with a reported 40million coming...

Yeah, the Repuke Party is poised for a landlside. .

It's kind of sad that the party with the most money wins. Maybe it's Hillary that will nuke Iran.

Nickdfresh
10-20-2007, 12:39 AM
So this guy (hypothetically):

1.) Tried to rape an underage boy's asshole

2.) Took a bribe from the Bowing';) Corp. to build the next fighter.

3.) Has a concubine/mistress

4.) Got caught doing coke off a 14 year old girl's chest