PDA

View Full Version : Front Line First Hand Accounts of Cali Fires

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 12:22 PM
For our Front Line Posters from Cali...

Please give your first hand accounts here, as well as any news or stories we may have not read in the press...

Good Luck to all of you.

:cool:

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by ace diamond
I live near where the slide and grass valley fires are raging. i was visiting a couple of my brothers in san bernardino,CA today,and when i got there,it was raining ash all over the city-downtown, fucking everywhere. the visibility was about 10 feet.......smoke was so thick,with all the ash raining down that every where i turned people were wearing dust,gas and oxygen masks.breathing was very hard for me.....i am asthmatic. most of the highways are closed. i had to take the bus there. my brothers might get evacuated. i might be evacuated too. and I am in Yucaipa,CA.

CHIMPY AND THE GORVERNATOR are coming here on thursday. the local evacuation centers at the national orange show events center in san bernardino and the san bernardino county fairgrounds in victorville are on the list of places these opportunist assholes will be visiting with homeland security director michael chertoff already here. this place is always a fucking shithole.......but everyone here is afraid that once fema gets involed (which they will soon be) it will be another major fuck-up like with new orleans after hurricane katrina........we're fucked!!!!!

thome
10-24-2007, 01:52 PM
STFU TROLL

thome
10-24-2007, 02:33 PM
cry baby

edit this

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by thome
cry baby

edit this

I asked everyone to keep this ONE thread to first-hand experiences...

But you, the attention-whore troll you are, can't help yourself.

STFU now.

asshole

ace diamond
10-24-2007, 02:37 PM
btw, lounge......thanx for sticky-ing this.
really cool of you.

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 02:40 PM
btw, lounge......thanx for sticky-ing this.
really cool of you.

Stay safe, man...

Keep us posted.

ace diamond
10-24-2007, 02:42 PM
so much smoke on my porch.........we had to bring the dogs in.
i am told the visibility outside is about 100 feet. pretty bad.

thome
10-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
I asked everyone to keep this ONE thread to first-hand experiences...

But you, the attention-whore troll you are, can't help yourself.

STFU now.

asshole

This is my last post on this subject -You- don't a-ASK- for -Sh!T-.

You bark orders.

Ask for op, then delete or change the subject.

ace diamond
10-24-2007, 02:46 PM
the fire hopped highway 330 in highland, and is now nearing highway 38. if it hops the 38, it will enter yucaipa and burn pretty much unabated......so much fuel here in the way of trees,dry underbrush......the whole town could easily go up in the blink of an eye. well, i hope not. fire dept came by a few minutes ago to let us know that we have to leave if the fire crosses highway 38. the whole town will be evacuated.

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by thome
This is my last post on this subject -You- don't a-ASK- for -Sh!T-.

You bark orders.

Ask for op, then delete or change the subject.

Good riddance.

ace diamond
10-24-2007, 05:29 PM
AGREED

Hyman Roth
10-24-2007, 06:04 PM
the fire hopped highway 330 in highland, and is now nearing highway 38. if it hops the 38, it will enter yucaipa and burn pretty much unabated......so much fuel here in the way of trees,dry underbrush......the whole town could easily go up in the blink of an eye. well, i hope not. fire dept came by a few minutes ago to let us know that we have to leave if the fire crosses highway 38. the whole town will be evacuated.

Dude...where are you gonna go? I read the post in the other thread this morning where you said you were waiting for transpo to Colorodo...but exactly where does a town full of people go on such short notice?

DLR'sCock
10-24-2007, 06:20 PM
A friend of mine is out there and she lives in the city of San Diego, and I spoke with her yesterday and for now she is fine considering everything.

ace diamond
10-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
Dude...where are you gonna go? I read the post in the other thread this morning where you said you were waiting for transpo to Colorodo...but exactly where does a town full of people go on such short notice?

HYMAN....i do not know.if it comes down to it......my step-grandfather lives in ontario,not real far from the airport.

ace diamond
10-25-2007, 07:57 PM
holy fuck. i wish i had a digital camera right now. outside right now.......everything looks like it is bright orange.

ODShowtime
10-25-2007, 10:14 PM
I remember earlier this year when there were massive fires burning north of Tampa, it was nasty outside and hazy and my chest hurt. Big old swamp fires. Nasty.

The next day I was flying to Miami. It was shitty as hell driving across the bay in the morning and I was so happy to escape to a normal area.

I get to Miami and it's nice and clear, like you just took off your sunglasses. The air was so clean (relatively in Miami).

But then a few hours later, all the fucking smoke wafted down there and it was just as bad or worse.

And that's nothing compared to what's going on in Cali.

Be safe and good luck guys.

ace diamond
10-25-2007, 11:53 PM
thanx

ace diamond
10-27-2007, 05:20 PM
it's just started to rain a little bit ago.my rain dance worked.