PDA

View Full Version : Some new youtubes are out on the Frankenstien

Hummarstra
10-25-2007, 01:25 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nr7Jvp3YjrY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nr7Jvp3YjrY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Hummarstra
10-25-2007, 01:27 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r2mWGIaCzjo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r2mWGIaCzjo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Hummarstra
10-25-2007, 01:28 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pdmsanveumg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pdmsanveumg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

cdwillis
10-26-2007, 01:46 AM
Does anyone else think those "cigarette burns" on the headstock look really fucking phony?

Hummarstra
10-26-2007, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by cdwillis
Does anyone else think those "cigarette burns" on the headstock look really fucking phony? On one hand, the whole thing is cool. On the other, I think it's ridiculous. 25 grand? Let's be honest. This is for suckers. :rolleyes:

Nitro Express
10-26-2007, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Hummarstra
On one hand, the whole thing is cool. On the other, I think it's ridiculous. 25 grand? Let's be honest. This is for suckers. :rolleyes:

Not my cup of tea. For me it was the memories of the original guitar evolving from the first tour to the second tour and how the music changed as the guitar changed. In those days Eddie was like a mad scientist and every new VH album almost gave you goose bumps of excitement to see what that brilliant son of a bitch came up with next.

Nitro Express
10-26-2007, 05:01 AM
I don't want Ed's guitar. I'm not Eddie. What I want is to see the guy making magic like he once did. He inspired me to keep at the guitar but I don't play like him at all.

vanshipman
11-07-2007, 09:41 AM
I remember back in the early 80,s practically every guitar store I went in you would see some Eddie striped guitars hanging everywhere. No they weren't official, but for the same reason I dodged those like the plague, I dodge the EVH replica today. Well.......that and the 25,000 dollar price tag. Nuckin' Futs!!!

Diamondjimi
11-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Not my cup of tea. For me it was the memories of the original guitar evolving from the first tour to the second tour and how the music changed as the guitar changed. In those days Eddie was like a mad scientist and every new VH album almost gave you goose bumps of excitement to see what that brilliant son of a bitch came up with next.

Exactly !

Nitro Express
11-08-2007, 03:45 AM
I got into Van Halen in 1979. We lived in Ketchum, Idaho and my dad worked for the Sun Valley resort as an architect and construction manager. It was the typical high end ski resort town with higher end shops and resturaunts. Much like Park City or Jackson Hole today. The rich had not bought everything up yet in those days so there were still local yokel folks who did ranching, worked mines claims, or worked for the govt. in one way or another. So there was a few greasy spoon cafes and beer bars. It was a wierd mix of Jim Idaho Bumblefuck and the ultra rich.

If you saw an amp, it was a Peavey or a Fender. I knew what a Marshall was because my best friend's older brother had a full stack and a Fender Strat. To me it was the altimate amp. What was funny is Ace Frehley is why I wanted to play guitar and I wanted a three pickup Les Paul but I had no idea what amps Ace used.

To buy equipment meant a trip to Twin Falls or Boise where they had an assortment of pawn shops and music stores. The old school mom and pop kind. What everyone seemed to have was Sunn, Fender, and Peavey. Lot's of Peavey.

I ended up scoring a silver faced Fender Champ and a well used but very playable Les Paul Custom with three pickups. I traded a clarinet for the Les Paul and looking back on it got took in the deal but I didn't care, I had a Les Paul!

Eddie Van Halen blew me away. I knew nothing about peddles. I had a very good sounding guitar and when I dimed my Champ it sounded good but it wasn't the brown sound. The only source of information was the guitar magazines and it was nothing I was going to do at home. The brown sound was a huge mystery in those days.

I had all the guitar players figured out from Jimmy Page, Peter Frampton, Ace Frehley. My Les Paul and Champ could do those guys but Eddie was like from outer space. Plus that striped guitar! I thought it was tottaly tricked out like everybody did. Man did Ed have us all fooled. Then people tried to copy him by hot rodding amps and nobody even was close. It just created the hair band thing.

Nitro Express
11-08-2007, 03:50 AM
In fact, I think all the bad immitations of Van Halen in the 1980's is partly responsible for stealing that band's legacy. Van Halen should have a legacy like Aerosmith or The Rolling Stones they were that influential but with multiple goons trying to copy Dave Roth and Eddie Van Halen, it started to look like Van Halen was responsible for the mediocrity. The soap oprea sega nail the coffin almost shut.

indeedido
11-09-2007, 02:27 PM
I totally agree with that. two words, white lion

cdwillis
11-09-2007, 06:47 PM
White Lion's guitarist, Vito Bratta, was great. He was definately influenced by EVH but he had his own style at the same time. That being said, White Lion is still really fuckin' cheesy.

Matt White
11-11-2007, 11:31 AM
$25,000 for a replica of a guitar that cost under $500 to put together.......

Only in America.....................

ELVIS
11-13-2007, 09:56 PM
I was at Guitar Center in New Orleans a couple days ago and I held and messed with one of the $25,000 pieces of junk for about 20 minutes or so...

It feels like JUNK!

The neck and the action suck...

The neck is HUGE! Way bigger than say...an SRV Stratocaster...

The fake warn in feel of the neck is pathetic, with some oily residue that made me want to wash my hands after touching it...no kidding...

The body is pretty neat, but it doesn't really look old...

I guarantee that I could tell it from the original if you handed them both to me having never seen either guitar...

It would be neat for maybe $2500 (although that still seems too steep) but not $25,000...

C'mon Ed, give us a break...:rolleyes:

:elvis:

ELVIS
11-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Yes, warn...as in winch...:D

ELVIS
11-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Stupid double post...:rolleyes:

Panamark
11-14-2007, 01:43 AM
Fixed it for ya E...

Eddie reckons he cant tell em apart..
Does that mean Edward Van Halen bullshits us,
or he is so far out of it, he cant tell the difference ???

ELVIS
11-14-2007, 04:41 AM
The latter, for sure...

EDDIEVRULZ
11-17-2007, 08:19 PM
that guitar in the 3rd vid is not a fender replica

**edit**
nevermind, i just clicked on the link and he states that on the youtube page...