PDA

View Full Version : Sammy's Ready to Rock...Like Peter Gabriel?

bueno bob
10-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Gary Graff of Billboard.com reports: Sammy Hagar, who's currently on the road with former VAN HALEN bandmate Michael Anthony as his special guest, has a number of projects in the works. First among them is a new album, the follow-up to last year's "Livin' It Up". Hagar says he's about "halfway through" with it and plans to finish recording in December and January for an expected second quarter of 2008 release.

"It's quirky music," Hagar says. "It's a little bit more worldbeat and kinda harder rock, more like going back to (1981's) 'Standing Hampton' or (1984's) 'VOA' or something. Those records were very '80s, with a little bit of influence of Peter Gabriel and people like that. Now I think it's more Peter Gabriel-influenced with a hard rock edge on it."

Hagar will support the album with a summer festival tour, for which he plans an "anthology" tour that will feature the original MONTROSE lineup, his original SAMMY HAGAR BAND, his current group, the WABOS, and a "superstar guitarist" that will join him and Anthony to play VAN HALEN material.

Read more at Billboard.com.

Better yet, don't read any more. It doesn't get any better, trust me.

How DARE that piece of shit compare himself to someone like Peter Gabriel! Gabriel is a fucking GENIUS of music! Hagar has made a living off of driving the road David Lee Roth paved for him.

Of course, we all know this...

I can't believe that fuck even thinks for a second that he's in the same catagory as Pete...

:mad:

PlexiBrown
10-25-2007, 01:13 PM
More "word barf" from Spammy. It's endless.

bueno bob
10-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Seems as if...

Well, I'm sure the fans will just...come running...

http://a222.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/33/l_fd660de24e3ad444b34a7c692d374225.jpg

VanHalener
10-25-2007, 03:13 PM
So, Bette thinks she'll be Big Time.

Ha!

binnie
10-25-2007, 04:31 PM
I wish that Peter Gabriel would hit Sammy...

With his sledgehammer....

bueno bob
10-26-2007, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by binnie
With his sledgehammer....

It could be his testimony.

Diamondjimi
10-26-2007, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Hagar will support the album with a summer festival tour, for which he plans an "anthology" tour that will feature the original MONTROSE lineup, his original SAMMY HAGAR BAND, his current group, the WABOS, and a "superstar guitarist" that will join him and Anthony to play VAN HALEN material.

I would'nt call Brian Young a "superstar guitarist".......:D

jharp84
10-26-2007, 02:28 AM
DJ! Up late too! The original MONTROSE: I can handle!

bueno bob
10-26-2007, 02:35 AM
I'm guessing Neal Schon...

Guess why!

jharp84
10-26-2007, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I'm guessing Neal Schon...

Guess why!

EXACTLY! HE KICKED OUT SOTO ! I am a fan of HSAS! That band should have carried on like the "Mighty VH should have "took the break" and came back to RULE THE FUCKIN PLANET! They could have! Shame! :mad:

bueno bob
10-26-2007, 02:46 AM
Exactly. A few good reasons, too...Soto's out of Journey, and Journey isn't going to go anywhere without Steve Perry anymore. When you add up the HSAS thing, the Planet US thing that Schon was reportedly to be a part of (as was Satriani? I think?), Neal Schon's pretty much the immediate answer that jumps to mind...'cuz I seriously doubt Satch has much interest...

Shaun Ponsonby
10-26-2007, 05:16 AM
Superstar guitarist?

I'm guessing he wants people to think its gonna be Eddie...cos that the only reason people look in his direction/

Diamondjimi
10-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by jharp84
DJ! Up late too! The original MONTROSE: I can handle!

True. The first Montrose album is the only legitimate thing Porky McHagar has ever done.