PDA

View Full Version : Views on Gay Marriage?

matt19
10-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Anyone have any information on all the candidates views on this issue?

LoungeMachine
10-29-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm all for Gay Marriage.

Why the fuck shouldn't they have to suffer too?

:gulp:

Besides, thome needs love.

naturochem
10-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by matt19
An issue I'm sure Mike Shanahan is following quite closely!! :D

Although, after Sunday's game, Barry fuckin Sims may be interested as well...

http://www.raiderscentral.com/cartoon%20logo.jpg

FORD
10-29-2007, 09:15 PM
"I think that gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman" - Arnold "Herr Gropenator" Schwarzenegger, 8/27/2003

FORD
10-29-2007, 09:19 PM
‘08 Presidential Candidate Stances on Gay marriage, or, the issue that dare not speak its name

by: Diana Apr 25th 2007

http://www.boystowners.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/1-gay-american-flag.jpg

We know it seems kind of early to be talking with any depth about the 2008 presidential election, but the days of election coverage starting in the year of the actual election are over. Nowadays, we’ve got to start a good 18+ months before the election (even earlier really, we’re actually late to the 2008 election party).

At any rate, while the field is still ostensibly broad (it may not be anybody’s game, but there’s still some competition for nominations out there), and in light of John McCain’s appearance on The Daily Show last night and Mike Huckabee’s appearance on The Colbert Report the night before, it’s time to take a narrow look at some of the announced potential candidates for the two main parties and their stances (at least as far as well can tell) on gay issues, mostly the gay marriage issue (we’ve decided to hold off on third-party and independent candidates until some front-runners emerge). (List of candidates via Politics 1.)

Democrats

US Senator Joe Biden (D-Delaware) - supports civil unions but is against gay marriage.
US Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-New York) - opposes same-sex marriage but supports civil unions, and is also fond of ducking the issue.
US Senator Chris Dodd (D-Connecitcut) - supports civil unions but is against gay marriage.
Former US Senator John Edwards (D-North Carolina) - supports civil unions but is against gay marriage.
Former Alaska US Senator Mike Gravel (D-Virginia) - supports full range of gay civil rights issues including same-sex marriage recognition.
Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) - supports same-sex marriage.
US Senator Barack Obama (D-Illinois) - opposes same-sex marriage but supports civil unions, and has also ducked the issue.
Governor Bill Richardson (D-New Mexico) - promoted a domestic partnership bill in his home state this year.

Notably, the major Democratic candidates fail to list gay rights as a major issue on their campaign websites (and no search boxes to look for the issue, either).

Republicans

US Senator Sam Brownback (R-Kansas) - “Marriage is the union of one man and one woman.”
Former Governor Jim Gilmore (R-Virginia) - “[B]elieves marriage is the union of one man and one woman and as President will oppose gay marriage and so-called civil unions.”
Former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani (R-New York) - “Rudy Giuliani believes marriage is between a man and a woman. He does not - and has never - supported gay marriage.”
Former Governor Mike Huckabee (R-Arkansas) - supports “passage of a federal Constitutional amendment that defines marriage as a union between one man and one woman.”
Congressman Duncan Hunter (R-California) - “cosponsored and voted in favor of H.J. Res. 88 (Musgrave-CO), which proposes an amendment to the U.S. Constitution declaring that marriage in the United States shall consist solely of the union of a man and a woman.”
US Senator John McCain (R-Arizona) - personally opposes same-sex marriage, but thinks it’s an issue for states to decide.
Congressman Ron Paul (R-Texas) - “defining and recognizing marriages is not a federal or constitutional matter, but should be left as the States’ right.”
Former Governor Mitt Romney (R-Massachusetts) - “As a candidate for governor in Massachusetts, Romney called on the Republican Party to provide ‘more support’ for the gay and lesbian community. Since beginning his White House bid, Romney has toughened his rhetoric on civil unions and same-sex marriage, both of which he now opposes.
Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-Colorado) - supports “a constitutional amendment defining marriage as between one man and one woman.”
Former Governor Tommy Thompson (R-Wisconsin) - “believes marriage is between a man and a woman. He supports states’ rights in determining the definition of marriage and believes it should be done legislatively or by referendum.”

Note that most Republican candidates do address the issue of same-sex marriage on their websites.

So what do we glean from all of the above? Democrats are tiptoeing around gay issues, probably because they believe the gay vote is theirs regardless. Republicans are poised to make gay marriage a major, divisive issue again in 2008, since they know it will mobilize so many single-issue voters to go out to the polls and vote Republican (”Nevermind that I lost my job in Smalltown, U.S.A. because this administration champions corporate interests over my interests, just don’t let the gays marry!”). And no one wants to talk about the fact that marriage, at least in the legal, government sense, is a “civil union” with all the rights that go along with that, and has nothing whatsoever to do with God, the Bible, or religion (dear churches: the government can’t force you to perform marriages for anyone). Note to candidates, elected officials, and anyone else: Start calling all legal, civil marriages “civil unions” and problem solved!

Link (http://www.boystowners.com/index.php/2007/04/25/08-presidential-candidate-stances-on-gay-issues-or-the-issue-that-dare-not-speak-its-name/)

jharp84
10-29-2007, 09:23 PM
It is what it is! Had a GAY stepbrother! Cool dude, not a "flamer"! Me - I just want booze, VH/DLR, and female MILFS!!!!!

Life is short! FUCK IT!! Live and Die! WTF!!

jharp84
10-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Gotta go now! Did ya see the pic of Argerntin'a 1st lady! DUTY CALLS!! WHAAAA????

jhale667
10-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

:lol:

Seriously, I'm still waiting for someone to explain why as a single hetro male I or anyone should give two shits about it...
It would be an interesting "social experiment", shall we say...to see if the divorce rate is nearly as high as hetro couples...:rolleyes:
And if it was way lower, how fucking ironic would that be...

ace diamond
10-29-2007, 09:31 PM

agreed

ace diamond
10-29-2007, 09:35 PM
hey,divorce lawyer make a killing. can you imagine not if,but when gay marraige becomes legal........they will wind up being some of the richest motherfuckers in the cuntry!

FORD
10-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by jhale667

Seriously, I'm still waiting for someone to explain why as a single hetro male I or anyone should give two shits about it...
It would be an interesting "social experiment", shall we say...to see if the divorce rate is nearly as high as hetro couples...:rolleyes:
And if it was way lower, how fucking ironic would that be...

I'm thinking of all the couples I know, both gay and straight, and outside of my parents, who have been married 42 years, the longest term relationships I can think of happen to be gay couples. They're "married" in every other sense, but just not legally.

Meanwhile, Titney Spears was married to her first husband 48 hours, and her second husband about two years.

How is that brainless twat legally entitled to a third marriage, but a same sex couple who have been together for 25 years aren't?

Doesn't make any fucking sense at all to me.

jharp84
10-29-2007, 09:39 PM
This looks like a "dupe" see matt19 below! I thought mo-frails were punished on this here site for "dupe's"! Not "DUPA" though! LET"S ALL GET IT "STRAIGHT""!! EWS!!!!! what about u?!!! mudddaafffuucck!

knuckleboner
10-29-2007, 09:42 PM

he asked what the candidates views were. so, lounge, what are you running for?...;)

matt19
10-29-2007, 10:18 PM
This is about presidential candidates views. Different topic.

jharp84
10-29-2007, 10:39 PM
This is about presidential candidates views. Different topic.

Got It!~ Thanks for "heads up" Like I said before! I don't hate anyone except those in "office" Not all of em! But MOST! GOTTA get back to watchin my new van halen dvd 2007! See Ya's! :cato2:

matt19
10-29-2007, 10:42 PM
No biggie, and very understandable.

Blackflag
10-29-2007, 10:55 PM

I wonder why Matt is so interested...bonesmuggler. :D

thome
10-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by jharp84
It is what it is! Had a GAY stepbrother! Cool dude, not a "flamer"! Me - I just want booze, VH/DLR, and female MILFS!!!!!

Life is short! FUCK IT!! Live and Die! WTF!!
You Sir, Yes Sir!!!
Yes yes Finest Post!!! Starss!!!!
Life is short! FUCK IT!! Live and Die! WTF!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes yes Finest Post!!! Starss!!!!

You Sir However Must pay !!!How You Say???? What else a post from thome!!..Ha Ha!!!

I kinda figure life is complicated enough Gay marrige???...to much more hassle.
Complicated enough life is Yes Sir!!!

I'd rather be alone.... I don't wanna -Talk- about it...

Broken Hearts Lesbians have them too .

Men looking in strange places for happiness..... is a warm gun .

Ha pIn ness is awarm gun..Bang Bang shoot shoot.

Too Each his own the need for validation(thread title) I find somewhat needy...

Need..Looking ..for Validation..Tax rite off.....You can leave anything you want to whomever you want in a will....Full medical and dental..
You should be able to help your better half, Yes?No?

Social Validation...needy ....The want to help your lover......

Change the laws on who you can place on your coverage..

No need to change the laws of the -Marrige- between a man and a woman...

:eek:

LoungeMachine
10-29-2007, 11:15 PM
Here's my question...

If you want to know what the different candidates views on any subject are, WHY THE FUCK DONT YOU GO TO THEIR SITES AND INVESTIGATE AND GET THE ANSWERS YOURSELF.

Are we supposed to do the leg work for you, and report the answers?????

Are you tuned in at all?

Do you read newspapers? blogs? Time? Newswwek?

Do you watch news shows?

Meet the Press?

This is a place to DISCUSS issues and talk about news.

Not for us to educate you, and be a clearinghouse for the candidates.

Jesus Tittie Fucking Christ.

If you dont know where the candidates stand on the issues, and you're coming in here and starting threads expecting US to give you the answers, YOU DONT DESERVE TO LIVE. Let alone Vote.

:cool:

LoungeMachine
10-29-2007, 11:20 PM

Yes. The candidates themselves do.

But here's a hint, Skippy

Republicans are against Gay mariage, but all for bathroom sex with other men.

Democrats are for gay marriage, but can't get elected if they say so.

Does anyone have any information on all of the candidates views?

YES. WE ALL DO.

WE'VE ALL BEEN PAYING ATTENTION [except maybe thome]

LoungeMachine
10-29-2007, 11:22 PM
This is about presidential candidates views. .

:rolleyes:

While we're at it, can we look up any other viewpoints for you?

Or will you be requiring different threads per topic?

Let us know how we can help.

-The Staff.

thome
10-29-2007, 11:23 PM
word

LoungeMachine
10-29-2007, 11:25 PM
to your mutha

jharp84
10-29-2007, 11:40 PM
I volunteer to HOST A ROTH ARMY BASH AT MY PLACE - before I have to sell due to divorce,etc,Shit neighbors, etc. living in "NOWHERE", no offense my fellow (u know who use are)! FUCK THIS! I would CASH-OUT TO THROW A BASH! HERE! Only problem! In today's world, NO TIME! FUCK THAT VH-23 YEARS - They did it ! 2nd dream -PARTY FOR THE ROTH ARMY! SECURITY ON HAND!!!! UNFORTUNATELY!!

naturochem
10-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Republicans are against Gay mariage, but all for bathroom sex with other men.
http://smiliestation.de/smileys/Sex/19.gifhttp://smiliestation.de/smileys/Sex/29.gif
LMMFAO!

jharp84
10-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by naturochem
http://smiliestation.de/smileys/Sex/19.gifhttp://smiliestation.de/smileys/Sex/29.gif
LMMFAO!

I 2ND! THAT But I HATE EM ALL! :mad:

jharp84
10-29-2007, 11:44 PM
I can't die til I get a taste "o' that HILLARY CLEVE BABY!!! I'll payback that fuckin hillbilly "jimmy dean" eatin MUDDAFUCCKA! GIMME THAT HOT - PISSED OFF FAT WHITE ASS HILSA BABY!!

Seshmeister
10-30-2007, 12:00 AM

With all the shit in the world unless you are a gay guy desperate to get married why would you give a fuck?

Is this the super important issue that will decide your vote?

Cheers!

jharp84
10-30-2007, 12:13 AM
What would now give me the most pleasure(except - like tommy lee count!) Not true I only need about 500 females to make up for "lost" time or a couple good ones?? ANYWAY - SORRY ROTH ARMY LUCIOUS BABES! I can now die happy if I host a Roth Army party! ALL INVOLVED! That would be the shit! FUCKIN A! SORRY FOR MY DRUNKEN HOPES! BUT --- DEEP DOWN ---- I REALLY MEAN IT!! IT WOULD BE THE FUCKIN PARTY TO END ALL PARTY"S!

matt19
10-30-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
With all the shit in the world unless you are a gay guy desperate to get married why would you give a fuck?

Is this the super important issue that will decide your vote?

Cheers!

Not a gay guy, but I have a brother who is gay, and an aunt as well. So this issue does have a weighing on me.

matt19
10-30-2007, 12:36 AM
Here's my question...

If you want to know what the different candidates views on any subject are, WHY THE FUCK DONT YOU GO TO THEIR SITES AND INVESTIGATE AND GET THE ANSWERS YOURSELF.

Are we supposed to do the leg work for you, and report the answers?????

Are you tuned in at all?

Do you read newspapers? blogs? Time? Newswwek?

Do you watch news shows?

Meet the Press?

This is a place to DISCUSS issues and talk about news.

Not for us to educate you, and be a clearinghouse for the candidates.

Jesus Tittie Fucking Christ.

If you dont know where the candidates stand on the issues, and you're coming in here and starting threads expecting US to give you the answers, YOU DONT DESERVE TO LIVE. Let alone Vote.

:cool:

Not at all, I am very busy Im working and going to school. I probably could find my way around the issue myself, but from what I have read here the last few years, you and FORD seem to be on the pulse of most of the issues. I just figured if you had any insight it would be worth hearing.

Sorry if I burdened you with the question.

jharp84
10-30-2007, 12:38 AM
Like I said before! Who cares! Life is life! I want to find a goddamn cave, where the milfs can visit, but I will fuckin sit in front of the visual and smoke dope, drink wine and watch live rock concerts, because, gang, I have experience! And now I am so tired of "tha" bullshit! It has "BEATEN my ASS DOWN! ENOUGH! FUCK THIS NOISE! GIVE ME LIVE VH! SOME GOOD SMOKE! CHEAP FUCKIN WINE OR WHISKEY! AND IF I AM LUCKY A HOT MILF! FUCKIN A! END OF STORY!

DeadOrAlive
10-30-2007, 12:39 AM
I'm all for it when there is proper representation. Let them be happy too, but let them propose this issue properly.

LoungeMachine
10-30-2007, 01:53 AM
Not at all, I am very busy Im working and going to school. I probably could find my way around the issue myself, but from what I have read here the last few years, you and FORD seem to be on the pulse of most of the issues. I just figured if you had any insight it would be worth hearing.

Sorry if I burdened you with the question.

You know that's cute and all, and I especially liked the kiss-ass comment about me and FORD, but I still call bullshit.

If you've got time to start a thread, and come back and read the responses, you've got time to click on the candidates' sites.

Especially if it's such a close topic to you, as you say.

It's not a burden, it's an annoyance.

Here's a thought.....

Do some research on each of your favorite candidates, and then report back to US how sincere you think they're being, and which speak to your own values the most.

Consider it an assignment.

Extra credit if you find compromising photos.

LoungeMachine
10-30-2007, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
I'm all for it when there is proper representation. Let them be happy too, but let them propose this issue properly.

If there are any generation Y's in here, could you possibly translate for this old man...

jharp84
10-30-2007, 01:59 AM
If there are any generation Y's in here, could you possibly translate for this old man...

Old man! Fuck I'm on the team! :heyfu:

jharp84
10-30-2007, 02:01 AM
JFC! ROTH ARMY ELITE! --- I'm GONNA need a Kleenex! I love ya ALL! JUICE

Party at my house!

jharp84
10-30-2007, 02:02 AM
I really do love all ya JAG-OFFS! ! LET"S START PLANNIN THE PARTY! JUICE !~

DeadOrAlive
10-30-2007, 02:23 AM

What I mean by proper representation is that the view of gays in general should not be deragotory. They should not be able to get away with fucking on the street corners publicly during gay parades (in cities such as San Francisco), because this is a violation of a few laws. A heterosexual couple definitely could not get away with this.

San Francisco is Sanfrancisco, but the law is the law. If the gays get gay marriage, then equality should be established.

How did women get the right to vote? By organizing non-violent protests and getting the word out. They didn't whore themselves out on the street corner in order to get attention. Rough, raw, vital words were spoken and views were taken seriously.

I can't take a gay man seriously when the majority is based on the minority who fuck on street corners. There's got to be a clean up.

I'm all for gay marriage when proper representation is proposed.

Nickdfresh
10-30-2007, 10:30 AM
I have no idea what the hell you are saying?

Gays shouldn't be allowed to marry because some queers pooft each other on the street during Pride Day?

Not ever attending such an event, I have no idea how prevalent this is - but I have to believe that it's somewhat exaggerated by some with a (religious, right wing) agenda...

ace diamond
10-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by jharp84
Like I said before! Who cares! Life is life! I want to find a goddamn cave, where the milfs can visit, but I will fuckin sit in front of the visual and smoke dope, drink wine and watch live rock concerts, because, gang, I have experience! And now I am so tired of "tha" bullshit! It has "BEATEN my ASS DOWN! ENOUGH! FUCK THIS NOISE! GIVE ME LIVE VH! SOME GOOD SMOKE! CHEAP FUCKIN WINE OR WHISKEY! AND IF I AM LUCKY A HOT MILF! FUCKIN A! END OF STORY!

FUCK YEAH JUICE!!!!!!
I'M WITH YOU BROTHER!!!!
PARTY ON!!!
:bottle: