PDA

View Full Version : "Zodiac" scribe to write "Spidey 4"

ALinChainz
10-31-2007, 11:06 AM
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The writer of the serial-killer thriller "Zodiac" has been hired to write the screenplay for "Spider-Man 4."

James Vanderbilt takes over from David Koepp, who worked on the first two installments of Columbia Pictures' billion-dollar franchise, and returned to write a draft of "Spider-Man 4."

No deals have been made to bring back series director Sam Raimi or stars Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst.

Plot points are being closely guarded by the studio, though the intent is to scale back the story to include only two villains instead of repeating the "Spider-Man 3" model. The third installment, which grossed $336.5 million domestically this year, saw Spidey battle a busy triumvirate of evildoers in the forms of Venom, Sandman and Goblin. It was widely reckoned as overly cumbersome with one too many plot lines.

Several writers were being considered for the fourth installment, and Vanderbilt apparently was chosen for his character-driven approach to the story rather than a focus on special effects.

Yahoo/Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071031/film_nm/spiderman_dc_2

knuckleboner
10-31-2007, 11:46 AM
this started with the batman movies. WHY does a sequel need 2 unrelated bad guys? it ALWAYS seems forced. it's NEVER a good storyline.

ALinChainz
10-31-2007, 11:48 AM
The only positive is that Spidey had lots of villains to deal with.

They do need to do a better job of it.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
10-31-2007, 11:50 AM
Spidey 3 was a disaster. I was a huge fan of the first 2, especially the second. Now I'm just embarrassed by the entire franchise.

ALinChainz
10-31-2007, 12:41 PM
The brass must have been to as they went to someone else to write the fourth installment.

The article should have had more info on why the need for the new writer.

LoungeMachine
10-31-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
Spidey 3 was a disaster. I was a huge fan of the first 2, especially the second. Now I'm just embarrassed by the entire franchise.

:lol:

Now that's a headline I'd like to read.

AP

EAT MY ASSHOLE Embarrassed By Spider Franchise

:D

bueno bob
10-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Well, Spider-Man 3 wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen...it was just a bit too busy for my tastes, although that's pretty easy to recover from, by and large. In any regards, it is time for Tobey and Kirsten to be moving along, and probably Sam Raimi as well...

I need a new Evil Dead movie, anyway...

Vinnie Velvet
11-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Word has it that Tobey and Kirsten will be back as long as Sam comes back, which I think he will.

I would expect Dr. Connors to finally turn into the Lizard as part of the complications he was experimenting with to 'grow back a new arm'.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
11-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Word has it that Tobey and Kirsten will be back as long as Sam comes back, which I think he will.

I would expect Dr. Connors to finally turn into the Lizard as part of the complications he was experimenting with to 'grow back a new arm'.

Yeah, that reminds me. Hey, Lounge Machine, how are those experiments coming along in your attempts to grow back a new penis?

Nickdfresh
11-01-2007, 06:36 PM
I haven't even seen Spidy 3, I almost bought it the other day in fact. You guys are making me just think of just "obtaining" a crap version...:D

LoungeMachine
11-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
Yeah, that reminds me. Hey, Lounge Machine, how are those experiments coming along in your attempts to grow back a new penis?

Nil.

The tissue sample you sent me turns out came from a tortoise.

I'm hard as a rock, but scales everywhere...

:gulp:

EAT MY ASSHOLE
11-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Nil.

The tissue sample you sent me turns out came from a tortoise.

I'm hard as a rock, but scales everywhere...

:gulp:

And how is that any different from the days of fucking underage male groupies with STDs? :D

Mezro
11-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I need a new Evil Dead movie, anyway...

I second that.

Mezro...dead by dawn with a side order of boomstick...