PDA

View Full Version : Bon Jovi The Dope Slinger

LoungeMachine
10-31-2007, 01:19 PM
Bon Jovi dealt drugs as a teenager
31/10/2007 - 10:47:18

Jon Bon Jovi worked as a drug dealer to make cash in the days before he became a rock star.

The 'Livin' On A Prayer' singer has revealed he bought and sold drugs in a bid to make "a couple (of) bucks" when he was a struggling teenage wannabe on the mean streets of his native New Jersey.

He tells America's Best Life magazine: "I did the drug thing very young and wised up very young too, because I was into drugs a little too much.

"I was entrepreneurial even then, buying quarter pounds of dope and trying to make a couple (of) bucks."

Bon Jovi admits he was smart enough not to sample his own product - after one test trip left him suffering throughout a whole summer.

He adds: "Did you ever smoke dope that was laced with PCP and then have that whole summer of hallucinations?

"That's why I've never been a drug guy. I've always felt I didn't have the mental stability to handle drugs."

LMMFAO:D

Never been a drug guy....... yeah riiiight.

He and Sambora were known Hoovers back in the day....

:gulp:

*editor's note: Layne always had the best 'cid.

Party on Wayne.......

binnie
10-31-2007, 02:16 PM
Methinks that someone is trying to make himself look edgy Mr. Jovi.

Next week on I'm a cool rock store: Kip Winger - I used to fuck crack whores in the ass....

Diamondjimi
10-31-2007, 04:53 PM
Yeah,Kip could use a few headlines these days..........

;)

Terry
10-31-2007, 09:18 PM
Jon Bon Jovi represents soft, wussy, pussifed, contrite, mundane, run-of-the-mill rock dripping with weepy, faux-sentimental power ballads so limp-wristed they make even Red Tubs blush. His useless music is indicative of the worst pop rock has to offer twenty years ago (or in any other era). Don't care how many records he sold; shit is shit, regardless of how many 13 year-old teenage girls lapped it up two decades ago (and, to be fair, there were a lot of them).

Even if this whole "I sold dope in my teens" story IS true, who gives a flying fuck? Obviously whatever dope he sold was laced with wimp dust, as opposed to angel dust. Everyone and their brother was doing cocaine in the 1980s.

Sambora, on the other hand, was a bit of a crystal meth freak...out of any member of the band, it was only the bass player (think his name is Alec Such, or something) who seemed to be a bit of a badass (heavy drinking, carrying guns around and the like), and he got fired for his troubles; apparently he scared the rest of the girls in the band.

Although Bon Jovi was tapping Rebecca DeMornay back in the day, so that's ONE thing he's got in his favor...

LoungeMachine
10-31-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Terry

Sambora, on the other hand, was a bit of a crystal meth freak...out of any member of the band, it was only the bass player (think his name is Alec Such, or something) who seemed to be a bit of a badass (heavy drinking, carrying guns around and the like), and he got fired for his troubles; apparently he scared the rest of the girls in the band.

Almost right...

Alec [John Such] was fired for being such a terrible bass player.

He fucked up live more times than anyone could count.

Pretty well known that after the first album session pros played all of the bass parts that Sambora didnt play.

They kept AJ for the tours out of loyalty to the old days.

But he blew chunks live.

And Sambora was a huge fan of Bolivian Marching Powder

Not too sure about the meth claim...

Terry
10-31-2007, 10:48 PM
Think Ally Sheedy said something about doing a bunch of meth at a party with Sambora, after which point he grabbed the back of her head and pulled it towards his lap, inviting her to "suck me, bitch".

Such stupid behavior; doesn't Sambora know Sheedy is a dyke?

Will have to take your word about Such and his substandard live performances. Not being a smartass in saying that, just haven't heard much in the way of live Bon Jovi.

Ozzy Fudd
11-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Think Ally Sheedy said something about doing a bunch of meth at a party with Sambora, after which point he grabbed the back of her head and pulled it towards his lap, inviting her to "suck me, bitch".

Such stupid behavior; doesn't Sambora know Sheedy is a dyke?

HA! classic

DrMaddVibe
11-01-2007, 07:32 AM
Will have to take your word about Such and his substandard live performances. Not being a smartass in saying that, just haven't heard much in the way of live Bon Jovi.

That goes for Winger too!

Panamark
11-01-2007, 07:47 AM
Its hard to imagine Bon Jovi and Sambora as Drug fiends,
you couldnt pick it from their music, thats for sure..
If I didnt know better I would have marked them down
as Christian Rockers lol....

Well there ya go... So Heather Locklear must be a
blow demon too, first Tommy Lee then Sambora......

binnie
11-01-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Panamark

Well there ya go... So Heather Locklear must be a
blow demon too, first Tommy Lee then Sambora......

It's not the kind of blow I'd want her to be doing :D

Coyote
11-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Jon Bon Jovi worked as a drug dealer to make cash in the days before he became a rock star.

Surely you jest?

I call "profile raising" on this one...

binnie
11-01-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Coyote
Surely you jest?

I call "profile raising" on this one...

I think so too. Kind of sad that he thinks he needs to tell people this shit....

Coyote
11-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by binnie
I think so too. Kind of sad that he thinks he needs to tell people this shit....

His whole career's been kinda sad...

The 'Livin' On A Prayer' singer

Need I say more?

LoungeMachine
11-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Its hard to imagine Bon Jovi and Sambora as Drug fiends,
you couldnt pick it from their music, thats for sure..

Sometimes the most white bread acts are the sleaziest in person...

Johnnie Carson was a known coke fiend in the 70's

I remember Jon and Richie doinf a PSA on MTV for RAD

"Hey, we're Bon Jovi, and drugs aren't an everyday thing with us"

They never said don't do drugs....

Just not every day LOL

But as far as the "revelation" that young Jon slung dope for gas money....

I believe it, sure. But why now he feels it's newsworthy is suspect.

Who needs street cred at this point in their career????

Coyote
11-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Who needs street cred at this point in their career????

Those who never had any?

LoungeMachine
11-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Good point....

Nickdfresh
11-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Unrelated - I heard recently heard a radio interview with a large former female rock critic (Rolling Stone) turned comedian...

She says she quit writing for the music press out of boredom, and basically because her job entailed interviewing mouth breathing mongoloids like "Bon Jovi," whom she said was the dumbest rock star she ever interviewed....

Figs
11-01-2007, 01:00 PM
He still sells a ton of tickets, which gives me douche chills......

Terry
11-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Unrelated - I heard recently heard a radio interview with a large former female rock critic (Rolling Stone) turned comedian...

She says she quit writing for the music press out of boredom, and basically because her job entailed interviewing mouth breathing mongoloids like "Bon Jovi," whom she said was the dumbest rock star she ever interviewed....

Funny. Reminds me of the Zappa definition of rock journalism, which was something along the lines of articles produced by authors who can't write, interviewing subjects who can't speak, being printed for audiences who can't read.

Terry
11-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Figs
He still sells a ton of tickets, which gives me douche chills......

'douche chills'...now that is classic!

Have a great birthday, by the way.

Terry
11-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
That goes for Winger too!

Winger was like the morning after a year-long, bottoming-out Sterno bender rock music underwent in the year 1986 to 1987, where one couldn't walk ten feet without hearing some guido dicklick blaring out some queer track from Slippery When Wet out of his Iroc Z; just when you think the state of commercial rock in the mid 1980s couldn't get any worse, along come Winger and Warrant with drills and pickaxes to enable them to tunnel BELOW rock bottom.

Freewheelin
11-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Bon Jovi is to rock what Bush has been to the presidency these last 8 long years, a sorry fucking excuse .. although he does look kinda like a crack whore.

LoungeMachine
11-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Freewheelin
Bon Jovi is to rock what Bush has been to the presidency these last 8 long years, a sorry fucking excuse .. although he does look kinda like a crack whore.

Bon Jovi was to rock.......

as The Olive Garden was to Italian food.

franksters
11-01-2007, 09:19 PM
I remember the so called ''rivalry'' on hit parade magazine between Jon douche jovi And Diamond Dave...

maybe Johnny feels a little threatened right now with Dave and VH come back, who knows.

DrMaddVibe
11-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Winger was like the morning after a year-long, bottoming-out Sterno bender rock music underwent in the year 1986 to 1987, where one couldn't walk ten feet without hearing some guido dicklick blaring out some queer track from Slippery When Wet out of his Iroc Z; just when you think the state of commercial rock in the mid 1980s couldn't get any worse, along come Winger and Warrant with drills and pickaxes to enable them to tunnel BELOW rock bottom.

:lol:

ThrillsNSpills
11-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Props to Lounge for not putting this in House of Music...

where it doesn't belong.