PDA

View Full Version : BushCO Image Chief Quits

LoungeMachine
10-31-2007, 02:10 PM
US Image Chief Karen Hughes Resigns
By VOA News
31 October 2007

Karen Hughes, the U.S. official leading the effort to improve the nation's image abroad, has announced her resignation.

U.S. officials said Wednesday, that Hughes plans to leave her post as the Undersecretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs at the end of the year. Her term ends in January 2009.

President Bush picked Hughes, his longtime advisor, in 2005 to improve the way the United States promotes its policies, ideals and views in other countries, especially in the Middle East.

Despite her efforts, opinion polls in recent years have shown that a favorable image of the United States has declined in many Muslim countries. The U.S. role in Iraq and in the Middle East conflict are the most frequently cited causes in polls.

Two years ago, Hughes traveled to the Middle East on what she called a "listening tour." She told the Associated Press that she advised the president and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice after the tour that U.S. help in ending the Israeli-Palestinian conflict would probably do more than anything else to improve the U.S. standing worldwide.

Hughes, a former journalist and Republican Party official, has worked with President Bush since the 1990s when he was Governor of Texas.

Good Riddance you cunt :gulp:

LoungeMachine
10-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Despite her efforts, opinion polls in recent years have shown that a favorable image of the United States has declined in many Muslim countries. :

No shit?

Can't imagine....

Maybe we just haven't killed enough of them yet.

:gulp:

ODShowtime
10-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Despite her efforts, opinion polls in recent years have shown that a favorable image of the United States has declined in many Muslim countries.

What we need is a campaign with some Pop! Some real pizzazz, you know? That will show the muslims.

Nitro Express
10-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
What we need is a campaign with some Pop! Some real pizzazz, you know? That will show the muslims.

Once Bushco can get this coupe in the upper parts of the military straightened out and get Opperation Fuck Iran going, there's going to be some dead Persians to add to the score card.

Nitro Express
10-31-2007, 09:31 PM
Bush is wigging the Russians out big time. I have a friend who vacations in Vietnam every year. No problems until after the Iraq invasion. Americans are not too popular there now. Gee I wonder why.

We are viewed as an agressor and our nuclear whoopsie a few weeks ago has everyone wondering.

BITEYOASS
11-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Bush is wigging the Russians out big time. I have a friend who vacations in Vietnam every year. No problems until after the Iraq invasion. Americans are not too popular there now. Gee I wonder why.

We are viewed as an agressor and our nuclear whoopsie a few weeks ago has everyone wondering.

And I don't that comment chimp made about how we could have won Vietnam War didn't help much either.

LoungeMachine
11-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

We are viewed as an agressor

Welp, we are...

We have now started a doctrine of premptive war, invasion, and occupation....

We just pissed away 230 years of the high road thanks to BushCO