PDA

View Full Version : David Gilmour has no problem with sweaters.

rustoffa
10-31-2007, 10:25 PM
The 61 year Pink Floyd legend has come to grips with his age, and legacy.

"I've had my share of success. There's really no need to feed the malcontents at this point. It's not 1972..*laughing*.

It's interesting how the fans of Pink Floyd tend to denigrate the flavour of the month..member wise. I wear the occasional sweater, and eat the occasional bag of crisps...everyone gets older, I just want to be warm."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2007

VanHalener
10-31-2007, 10:56 PM
After all that great music he's thrown down the man can have any sweater in my closet.
http://i1.tinypic.com/4ktm1za.gif

Dave2007
10-31-2007, 11:16 PM
fuck him! tour with Roger Waters or fuck off! I saw Waters and Nick Mason tear up Dark Side Of The Moon 9/12/06 at MSG NYC, they were fuckin great! a Floyd reunion is long overdue! Guitarists like to steal the band name and run off with it like scorned bitches.Fuck David Gilmour

Diamondjimi
11-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Dave2007
Guitarists like to steal the band name and run off with it like scorned bitches.

Hmm ,that sounds familiar.(EVH?)

Singers do too! (cough,cough Axl Pose)

Redballjets88
11-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Hmm ,that sounds familiar.(EVH?)

Singers do too! (cough,cough Axl Pose)

well considering van halen is ed's last name along with the drummer it makes sense that it would stay van halen after dave left, even though Dave is van halen

bueno bob
11-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
The 61 year Pink Floyd legend has come to grips with his age, and legacy.

"I've had my share of success. There's really no need to feed the malcontents at this point. It's not 1972..*laughing*.

It's interesting how the fans of Pink Floyd tend to denigrate the flavour of the month..member wise. I wear the occasional sweater, and eat the occasional bag of crisps...everyone gets older, I just want to be warm."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2007

Slow news day?

Panamark
11-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Agree with all the above,

Get over it already and tour with Waters and Mason..

Diamondjimi
11-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
well considering van halen is ed's last name along with the drummer it makes sense that it would stay van halen after dave left, even though Dave is van halen

True!

rocknrolldork
11-01-2007, 10:27 AM
He's lying. The real reason he wears sweaters is because he doesn't want to iron a shirt.

FORD
11-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Agree with all the above,

Get over it already and tour with Waters and Mason..

A month or two ago, Mason said he was working on it. Sounds like it's basically Gilmour who's reluctant to the tour. The "personal differences" between band members were all worked out during the Live 8 thing, hence Mason playing live with Waters.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about a 2008 Floyd tour.

Diamondjimi
11-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by FORD

I would'nt hold my breath on that one. Gilmour has stated recently (in the past couple of years anyway) that he finds the whole Floyd album/tour thing cycle very draining being that it pretty much consumes 3+ years of his life at a time. Plus the baggage that goes along with that type of production is tiresome.

Can't blame the guy ,really. He's got all the money he could never spend in ten lifetime's. Can write,record and perform whenever he feels inspired to.

Think about it .
If any of you were in a band in the past ,(who had been lucky enough to have success) and your writing nemesis was an egomaniacal ,dictator/control freak, who tied you up in a nasty court battle for years ,would you want to work with that person again?

No thanks !

Panamark
11-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by FORD
A month or two ago, Mason said he was working on it. Sounds like it's basically Gilmour who's reluctant to the tour. The "personal differences" between band members were all worked out during the Live 8 thing, hence Mason playing live with Waters.

This would be great, I would actually go if they had the
original band (minus syd of course RIP) ...

Terry
11-04-2007, 08:47 PM
When I think about Pink Floyd, I think about Waters and Barrett first, THEN Gilmour.

About 90% of the success he's had since 1987 was built on performing songs Waters wrote (is anyone really gonna say A Momentary Lapse Of Reason or The Division Bell were among Floyds greatest moments?).

I mean, I'll give him his due for his contributions towards the Floyd albums and such regarding his guitar work, but let's face it: a majority of those songs and lyrics were written by Waters.

So, pretty much fuck this fat, balding old dude and his bags of crisps and sweaters.

FORD
11-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Terry
When I think about Pink Floyd, I think about Waters and Barrett first, THEN Gilmour.

About 90% of the success he's had since 1987 was built on performing songs Waters wrote (is anyone really gonna say A Momentary Lapse Of Reason or The Division Bell were among Floyds greatest moments?).

I mean, I'll give him his due for his contributions towards the Floyd albums and such regarding his guitar work, but let's face it: a majority of those songs and lyrics were written by Waters.

So, pretty much fuck this fat, balding old dude and his bags of crisps and sweaters.

You're absolutely right. I only want the tour because I never got the chance to see them live. But when they got back on stage at Live 8 t just sounded so damn good, like the previous 25 years hadn't happened.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g-ORlQfHWrQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g-ORlQfHWrQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Panamark
11-07-2007, 02:13 AM
FORD, that clip is freakin ace !

Thats when you know its just "right"
Watching Waters on the Bass and Gilmour
on the slide, incredible. They didnt miss a note..

Just like Van Halen, the right chemicals
produces the magic..

Ya know what, I havent smoked a joint for many
years now, but whenever I listen to real Floyd,
I instantly feel stoned again :D

Nitro Express
11-07-2007, 12:36 PM
I don't give a rat's ass about Pink Floyd. I don't toss to the Pulse DVD nor do I think the Comfortably Numb solo is the best in the world. I hated The Wall.

Just a bunch of British wierdos who made some good psycodelic music people like to get stoned to. They are too busy playing with their Ferrari Enzos to care much about the band or the fans.

Panamark
11-08-2007, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I don't give a rat's ass about Pink Floyd. I don't toss to the Pulse DVD nor do I think the Comfortably Numb solo is the best in the world. I hated The Wall.

Just a bunch of British wierdos who made some good psycodelic music people like to get stoned to. They are too busy playing with their Ferrari Enzos to care much about the band or the fans.

Im not sure you are really telling us how you feel, Nitro !! :)

"Just a bunch of British wierdos who made some good psycodelic music people like to get stoned to"

Thats the whole point ! lol.........

God Bless Ya !

I love the Numb Solo by the way, I think there's a shitload more
creativity required to play slow notes in a unique expression,
than a 1000 bpm wankfest solo... Those slow bends are
more voiced than a jackhammer technique...

1000 bpm solos are pretty cool too though :D