PDA

View Full Version : U.S. will leave Iraq if asked

ELVIS
05-13-2004, 07:05 PM
WASHINGTON, May 13 (UPI) (http://interestalert.com/brand/siteia.shtml?Story=st/sn/05130000aaa00ca2.upi&Sys=siteia&Fid=WORLDNEW&Type=News&Filter=World%20News) -- U.S. and coalition forces will leave Iraq if asked to do so by an interim Iraqi government, a State Department official told the House Thursday.

During occasionally combative questioning by bipartisan members of the International Relations Committee, the Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Marc Grossman said that the United States would respect the wishes of a newly sovereign Iraq even if it meant withdrawing troops before Iraqi general elections are held in 2005. The sovereignty handover is scheduled for June 30.

Grossman repeatedly insisted that he did not believe such a request would be made by the new Iraqi body.

The notion that coalition forces would take marching orders from Iraqis was challenged by a military representative testifying before the committee. Lt. General Walter L. Sharp of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said that U.S.-led multinational forces were authorized under U.N. resolutions to operate in Iraq at least until a permanent constitutional government was elected.

:elvis:

FORD
05-13-2004, 07:12 PM
I think they were "asked" in Fallujah a couple weeks ago.

BTW, it should be noted that Mark Grossman is a PNAC'er, so it's safe to assume that if his lips are moving, he's lying.

Seshmeister
05-13-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Grossman repeatedly insisted that he did not believe such a request would be made by the new Iraqi body.

Because they would get lynched as US puppets.

ELVIS
05-13-2004, 07:59 PM
uhh hu hu hu hu hu hu hu hu

Viking
05-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by FORD:

I think they were "asked" in Fallujah a couple weeks ago.
Funny, I didn't realize that the terrorists shooting Marines from inside mosques were the duly sanctioned governing authority. I guess I missed another rewrite of the facts from NPR, or some shit. :D

ELVIS
05-13-2004, 08:31 PM
Leave it to FORD to skew the truth...

FORD
05-14-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Leave it to FORD to skew the truth...

Right....

A PNAC'er says that PNAC will leave Iraq as soon as the PNAC puppets tell them it's okay, and I'm "skewing the truth".

Hired mercenary KILLERS are labeled "private contractors" by the corporate media whores and remade into sympathetic figures, but I'm "skewing the truth".

The BCE kidnaps some poor SOB, sends the feds to harrass his parents, they sue Rummy, yet the BCE denies ever holding the man in custody DESPITE DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE, and the guy turns up without his head, with a heavily edited video in which some very non Arab guys supposedly kill him (without any blood spurting from his body, and a 12 hour gap in the fucking tape)

But I'm "skewing the truth" :rolleyes:

I don't think you have a clue what the truth is anymore. But you ain't getting it from the BCE.

Phil da Stalker
05-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Did the U.S. Puppet government installed in South Vietnam (country no longer exists) by the U.S. establishment ask the U.S. to leave?

I know..tough questions for small minds. :D