PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm convinced these "Hillary" polls are BULLSHIT

FORD
11-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Thom Hartmann is taking a phone poll of who you would vote for if the primary was today. I haven't been counting all the calls, but the clear winner is John Edwards, with Kucinich a close second.

Hillary got ONE vote so far.

One fucking vote.

Obama got a few, but far less than John or Dennis.

And this is a mainstream, nationwide Democratic audience.

The mediawhore polls are LYING.

If Thom announces an official count, I'll post it here.

FORD
11-02-2007, 02:38 PM
And the results are......

Edwards - 41
Kucinich - 21
Obama - 7

1 vote each for Hillary, Richardson, Biden, and Gore.

Gore only got one vote, because only one guy bothered to ask if he was eligible in this poll.

This was a 5 minute poll. Wonder what the numbers would have been if he took calls for an entire hour?

Jim Shetterlini
11-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by FORD
And the results are......

Edwards - 41
Kucinich - 21
Obama - 7

1 vote each for Hillary, Richardson, Biden, and Gore.

Gore only got one vote, because only one guy bothered to ask if he was eligible in this poll.

This was a 5 minute poll. Wonder what the numbers would have been if he took calls for an entire hour?

Media driven polls are done to create more interest and readership therefore, the motive for the poll isn't to find out the truth it is done to fit the story they want to sell. I don't care what political side you're talkin don't believe them either way.

FORD
11-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Jim Shetterlini
Media driven polls are done to create more interest and readership therefore, the motive for the poll isn't to find out the truth it is done to fit the story they want to sell. I don't care what political side you're talkin don't believe them either way.

So who do you think is really leading the Republicans then?

Have Limbaugh or any of those guys tried a similar phone poll?

knuckleboner
11-02-2007, 05:12 PM
dude, you realize that a radio talk show is NOT exactly an accurate sampling source, right?

LoungeMachine
11-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Thom has been doing these straw polls for a few weeks now.

Shrillary has never cracked the top 3.

kb is right of course, and since Thom anounces these in advance, he has even speculated on air that the Edwards bloggers are jamming his phone lines.

But I still think there's something to be said for FORD's point.

I do think it's the media as well as the republican machine that's foisting the coronation of her on us.

But then the media giveth, and the media taketh away.

Howard Dean on Chris Matthews in November of 2003 said that he felt the Big Media Conglomerates should be broken up like Ma Bell.

He never received another good press story after that....

And especially from GE Defense Giant media...
:gulp:

knuckleboner
11-02-2007, 05:34 PM
dude, i have NO DOUBT the media likes to manipulate data from time to time in order to tell their story.

i don't think it's as much to promote specific ideology as much as i think it's yellow journalism/sensationalized news designed to sell papers/ads.

and, let's be honest, the clintons are well known and much more headline grabbers than kucinich. so, could i see the media playing up hillary as the main candidate because it gets better ratings? yep.

LoungeMachine
11-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Sure,

And there's NOTHING the media likes more than building someone up than TEARING someone down...

It was so funny to see the frame right after the last debates

IS THIS THE MISTAKE THAT DERAILS HILLARY'S CAMPAIGN??????

Tune in at 11 to find out.....

Jim Shetterlini
11-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Sure,

And there's NOTHING the media likes more than building someone up than TEARING someone down...

It was so funny to see the frame right after the last debates

IS THIS THE MISTAKE THAT DERAILS HILLARY'S CAMPAIGN??????

Tune in at 11 to find out.....

exactly hence they have furthered the story line to "grab" as much attention as possible. As we well know traditional media is hurting big time and it is just gonna get worse.

Jim Shetterlini
11-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by FORD
So who do you think is really leading the Republicans then?

Have Limbaugh or any of those guys tried a similar phone poll?

No not yet that I have heard, but I will tell you this I wouldn't be surprised if Huckabee or Paul isn't doing better than what the "polls" say. I believe grassroots still works in this country especially with the "new" media more prevelant in politics than ever.

Nickdfresh
11-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Yup! Polls are all a media conspiracy to keep us down, man!

http://www.greenpeace.org/mediterranean/assets/graphics/the-anna/yossy

Seshmeister
11-02-2007, 09:31 PM
FORD are you saying that Edwards can't afford a poll?

jhale667
11-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
FORD are you saying that Edwards can't afford a poll?

Well, it might cut into his haircare budget...;)

LoungeMachine
11-16-2007, 02:37 PM
THOM HARTMAN'S PHONE IN STRAW POLL TODAY

EDWARDS 26
KUCINICH 15
OBAMA 7
CLINTON 4
BIDEN 2
GORE 2

And one for Leon Pinetta :D