PDA

View Full Version : A Few Days In Canada

LoungeMachine
11-05-2007, 01:22 PM
So I went up to Vancouver for the first time in a while to see some friends who were touring together......

Been a while since I've spent anytime there.

First, the USD was going for .90 in exchange.

I overheard a funny comment from a bartender, when I paid our tab with cash.....

He was telling another guy behind the bar how people are "dumping" their US dollars now....

I finally made the trek to Hastings street and hit the Amsterdam Cafe.

What a trip. Great people running the place, too. The guy behind the counter who sold me a small pipe started talking to me about how it seems us Americans are trying to rule the whole world. Not knowing my politics, of course.

But I loved the whole vibe in there. Europe is one thing, but this was a mere 40 miles form the US Border.

People sitting around smoking up, and feeling so free to do so.

Later in the evening I spoke with a cop who got the gig backstage, and I asked him about the place.

He said he knew it well, and there were no problems like those associated with bars and drunks.

And it's been a while since I've made the border crossing by car.

Going into canada, you are treated with respect, kindness, and a smile....

Coming back over, it was pure Gestapo.

I had my License, Passport, and was driving my Rover.....

Yet I was grilled by a jack-booted thug and treated like he already knew I was trouble, and was just looking for an excuse to roust me.

Coming into my own home country, dealing with a fellow American whose salary my taxes pay for, was eye opening.

Overall it was a good time. I love Canadians. They're the nicest hosts you could imagine.

And by all means, hit the Amersdam Cafe if you get the chance.

:gulp:

scamper
11-05-2007, 01:36 PM
I love Canada too, after we rule the world I'll call dibs on Lake Louise.

Nitro Express
11-05-2007, 05:42 PM
The Canadians are the ones who have done the most to expose the North American Union. The average US Citizen doesn't have a clue.

The free Canadian press exposed Bilderberg and sevral NAU meetings taking place in Canada. I've never seen the mainstream press in the US do that.

The US Dollar is dead because the central bankers don't want the dollar anymore. They want continental currency over nationalistic currency. Like the EU, you get the economy on the continental currency first before you take political control.

Does it really matter what the exchange rate is when an invasion of Iran will be the catalyst to merge the Canadian Dollar, US Dollar, and Mexican Peso together? The average Mexican will do ok, they have nothing to lose but the Canadian and US middle class will be done for.

It's what the move on Iran is really about. Siezing the world's cheap oil for the EU, using the US Military to do it and then using the high oil prices to merge North America into a Union that will be subservient to the EU.

The EU leaders know they have to do this to survive againt the Chinese onslaught.

The great North American/Europe vs. China/Russa war has begun and the main prize is Mid East oil.

Echange rates are trivial.

Nitro Express
11-05-2007, 05:46 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6hiPrsc9g98"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6hiPrsc9g98" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

LoungeMachine
11-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Um, yeah.....

But the show was great, the bud fantastic, and the people were kind....

If we end up occupying them as well, that's just how it goes.

Freedom is on the march. King George told me.

BITEYOASS
11-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Maybe it'll go back to the total stage-diving/moshing alternative peace that made the country great in the 90's. Yeah it was just a sneek peek of what could have been of the USA. But once the pop stars die off die fade into obscurity once a Repug or warmonger is out of office, there is bound to be hope. It's happened a few times before and hope fully it won't come in spurts like the past. Better watch out Canadians if Louisiana starts making weed a cash crop in the future. But hey, they don't have Whistler! ;) Some of you Snowboarders know what I'm talking about!

FORD
11-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Maybe it'll go back to the total stage-diving/moshing alternative peace that made the country great in the 90's. Yeah it was just a sneek peek of what could have been of the USA. But once the pop stars die off die fade into obscurity once a Repug or warmonger is out of office, there is bound to be hope. It's happened a few times before and hope fully it won't come in spurts like the past. Better watch out Canadians if Louisiana starts making weed a cash crop in the future. But hey, they don't have Whistler! ;) Some of you Snowboarders know what I'm talking about!

I'm not an expert on pot agriculture, but is high humidity good for marijuana cultivation?

The reason BC Bud is so good is because the "southern interior" of BC is like Arizona with water and trees. Not quite as dry as AZ, but definitely not swampy like the delta.

Dan
11-05-2007, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FORD
[B] I'm not an expert on pot agriculture, but is high humidity good for marijuana cultivation?

Yes.:D
:smoke:

LoungeMachine
11-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I'm not an expert on pot agriculture, but is high humidity good for marijuana cultivation?

Ummm

Maui Wowie ?

Da Kine.....

:cool:

BITEYOASS
11-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Well they can grow Sunn Hemp down south, I don't see why they can't grow sticky swamp weed as well. And even if they do legalize it in the USA, just don't expect gun-control to happen anytime soon, unless you want some gun toting tokers after you. Do that and your just one more toke over the line toward an open grave. :D

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xewL59PQ-_8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xewL59PQ-_8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BITEYOASS
11-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Even the Lawrence Welk bunch likes to toke up every now and then! :D

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ye3ecDYxOkg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ye3ecDYxOkg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

LoungeMachine
11-05-2007, 06:34 PM

unless you want some gun toting tokers after you. Do that and your just one more toke over the line toward an open grave. :D

Better than a drunk with a gun, that's for sure...

BITEYOASS
11-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Guess the government is afraid of parties happening like this one at 6:20

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PTdxzdWbAYc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PTdxzdWbAYc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

blonddgirl777
11-05-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm not an expert on pot agriculture, but is high humidity good for marijuana cultivation?...

Yes and the east coast in way more humid that the west... ;)

blonddgirl777
11-05-2007, 09:07 PM
... Better watch out Canadians if Louisiana starts making weed a cash crop in the future...

L.O.L.
The hot and damp waether is great for that but Louisiana is better to start waking up early if it wants to compete with our weed!

blonddgirl777
11-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
...Canadians. They're the nicest hosts you could imagine...

Thank You but I honestly don't think we diserve that compliment!

FORD
11-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777

People in BC have always been friendly, for the most part. If that's not the case in the eastern provinces, I guess I haven't missed much. But it always seems that way in the Michael Moore movies.

Diamondjimi
11-05-2007, 10:19 PM

Going into canada, you are treated with respect, kindness, and a smile....
Overall it was a good time. I love Canadians. They're the nicest hosts you could imagine.

I can't believe what I'm reading !

Y'all come back now ,ya hear !?;)

blonddgirl777
11-05-2007, 10:21 PM
People in BC have always been friendly, for the most part. If that's not the case in the eastern provinces, I guess I haven't missed much. But it always seems that way in the Michael Moore movies.

It's the French that are snob arrogant and rude (unless they get your business)!
I didn't notice that before living in the States. Here, you just don't say "hi" or smile to strangers and you mind your own business at all times... I remember being amazed by the way people where nice and friendly to me in California, in comparison...

But I always hear that us, Canadians are such good people and all... If only the Americans who say that would know exactly what most Canadians think of them (as a whole)!

I guess it depends on where you go... in every commercial (especially touristic) place, I see "give me your money and go back home"... a bunch of hypocrits.

But again... you have people like myself :cool: and the Canadian members of this board that totally diserve those compliments. I wouldn't want to put EVERYBODY in the same basket.

Yes we have kick ass buds here and I think some people should smoke some a little more often... the east is too uptight!

Diamondjimi
11-05-2007, 10:24 PM

But again... you have people like myself :cool: and the Canadian members of this board that totally diserve those compliments. I wouldn't want to put EVERYBODY in the same basket.

blonddgirl777
11-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
I can't believe what I'm reading !

Y'all come back now ,ya hear !?;)

I DO beleive what I'm reading... most Americans like us. And no matter what or when, I never heard one American telling me anything bad about Canadians... no complaint whatshowever!

FORD
11-05-2007, 10:44 PM
I wasn't going to go for the "rude French" stereotype, so it's good that you did.

Hell, I've never been to France OR east Canada, so I can't speak to that subject.

Just like I don't assume that everyone South of the Mason Dixon line is an inbred sister-fucking racist homophobic redneck. But it's cool to make fun of the ones that are. :D

blonddgirl777
11-05-2007, 11:05 PM
... an inbred sister-fucking racist homophobic redneck...

You forgot; "sexist pig"... and you got the pizza all dressed!

L.O.L.
Now that's one type I like to bash on!

blonddgirl777
11-05-2007, 11:13 PM
... Hell, I've never been to France OR east Canada, so I can't speak to that subject...

By all means... don't listen to my complaints and do try to visit us (and the real obnoxious ones in France)!

Besides SOME rude people, you would be missing out a lot if you would avoid the whole French culture...

naturochem
11-06-2007, 12:15 AM
But I always hear that us, Canadians are such good people and all... If only the Americans who say that would know exactly what most Canadians think of them (as a whole)!

They're just pissed that the Stanley Cup has been in the USA for the past 14 years....
:D

Nitro Express
11-06-2007, 01:19 AM

The reason BC Bud is so good is because the "southern interior" of BC is like Arizona with water and trees. Not quite as dry as AZ, but definitely not swampy like the delta.

Some scary people were growing pot around Eugene, Oregon when I lived there. Pot seems to like wet sticky jungles so why not the northwest rain forrest?

I think it grows good anywhere it gets enough water, sun, and fertilizer. I think they like growing it illegally in the northwest because they can hide the illegal farms in the forrests.

My dumb nephew was growing pot in the middle of my uncle's corn field in Utah. :D

Nitro Express
11-06-2007, 01:22 AM
If you are environmentally conciouse though, don't buy illegal pot because a lot of it is grown in the Sierra Nevadas and Cascades. They set up irrigation systems in the mountains and use all kinds of pesticides and fertilizer that ends up in the mountain streams. Plus the people (mostly Mexicans) growing the stuff leave a horrendouse mess behind.

Not worth getting high for me. One reason to legalize.

Nitro Express
11-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Yes and the east coast in way more humid that the west... ;)

I've lived in Seattle, Portland, Eugene and New York. The east coast has a saturated humidity to it and the northwest has more of a drizzle to it. On a nice clear day, New York is muggy where Seattle is not. The water seems to be in the air more on the east coast.

Nitro Express
11-06-2007, 01:32 AM
I have relatives in Alberta. I always had lots of fun in Torronto which was a party town. All the Canadian assholes I have had bad run ins with are always from Winnipeg. I suffered three assholes and all three were from Winnipeg but shit, if I lived north of Fargo I would have shit for personality too. :D

Nitro Express
11-06-2007, 01:34 AM
My Canadian relatives are the biggest rednecks you have ever met and wear cowboy boots and big belt buckles. If you have ever heard of the Kessler Ranch up in Alberta I'm related to them. They provide Rodeo stock for rodeos all over North America including the big ass bulls people ride.

Nitro Express
11-06-2007, 01:39 AM
By all means... don't listen to my complaints and do try to visit us (and the real obnoxious ones in France)!

Besides SOME rude people, you would be missing out a lot if you would avoid the whole French culture...

I love the way the French are rude. I ALWAYS have a good time in Paris and I've been kicked out of taxi cabs just because I was an American or refused service because I did not speak French. Heck, I've seen them refuse service to Quebec people because they don't speak PROPPER French.

Then you have the cool people there that give you an A for trying. The French in the countryside litteraly are the nicest people you will meet and if you have little kids with you, the old people just beam.

The French haven't reproduced themselves enough to theres lot's of grandchild starved old people there. Our daughter got anything she wanted, even in Paris. LOL!

scamper
11-06-2007, 09:46 AM
But hey, they don't have Whistler! ;) Some of you Snowboarders know what I'm talking about!

Snow's too heavy....Banff is better.

Baby's On Fire
11-06-2007, 07:51 PM

He's talking about Canada, not Quebec :D

Diamondjimi
11-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by naturochem
They're just pissed that the Stanley Cup has been in the USA for the past 14 years....

:lol:

You are mistaken grasshopper. They're Canadian boys paid by Yanks.

;)

naturochem
11-07-2007, 04:33 AM

;)
Jimi my man! who said anything about players??
The fookin CUP has been won by US teams since the Habs in '93!!
& you know as well as anyone that the Canadian presence has steadily declined....
It's only a matter of time before US & European players will surpass your fine comrade's in the sole sport of historic Canadian dominance!!

I love your national sport, Jimi.....but accept its fate!!! :D
:cato2:

BITEYOASS
11-07-2007, 08:09 AM

;)

With the exception of the Red Wings, where it's Russian boys paid by the Yanks. :D

WACF
11-07-2007, 12:18 PM
& you know as well as anyone that the Canadian presence has steadily declined....
It's only a matter of time before US & European players will surpass your fine comrade's in the sole sport of historic Canadian dominance!!

As with the dollar...the cup shall rise in Canada again...

LoungeMachine
11-07-2007, 12:32 PM
My thread on Canada has sunk to a Hockey thread?

What were the odds. :D

Diamondjimi
11-07-2007, 07:34 PM
My thread on Canada has sunk to a Hockey thread?

What were the odds. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/Bubbles.jpg

Diamondjimi
11-07-2007, 07:37 PM

Well . The way our dollar is going , we too can finally buy a winning team...;)

Angel
11-10-2007, 09:49 PM

WRONG!!! The reason why it's so good is because it's grown indoors, hydroponically! They've just mastered the art.

We don't touch the shit grown outdoors. Well, not us long time chronics, anyway....

Angel
11-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by scamper
Snow's too heavy....Banff is better.

Hey sweetie! Damn right on that one. Then again, that's where I grew up... and if you know much about Banff, then that explains a lot about me! ;)

Jano
11-11-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I love the way the French are rude. I ALWAYS have a good time in Paris and I've been kicked out of taxi cabs just because I was an American or refused service because I did not speak French. Heck, I've seen them refuse service to Quebec people because they don't speak PROPPER French.

Then you have the cool people there that give you an A for trying. The French in the countryside litteraly are the nicest people you will meet and if you have little kids with you, the old people just beam.

The French haven't reproduced themselves enough to theres lot's of grandchild starved old people there. Our daughter got anything she wanted, even in Paris. LOL!

Thank you sir! the stereotype "the french are rude" is so fucking wrong! Blonde girl she 's Quebecoise no wonder she don't like the french nobody does in Quebec! They don't like the english Canadian also!