PDA

View Full Version : Coca Cola ....Bottle or can ???



Diamondjimi
11-06-2007, 03:00 AM
Although I've cut back on drinking this delicious ,corrosive ,tooth/gut rotting swill I still enjoy one occasionally.
As a kid back in th 70's I/we could'nt fathom the thought of one day Coke would only be available in plastic bottles :uck: or cans.
At least in Ontario ,anyway...

Plastic made it taste like shit.

To me there's no (soda) substitute for a chilled Coke from a glass bottle.

http://www.ciadvertising.org/SA/fall_02/adv382j/steph/steph2/Project2pictures/coca-cola.jpg

What's your preferrence?

jharp84
11-06-2007, 03:26 AM
Coke- wendy's or mcdonald's STRAW! FUCK EM IF THEY CAN'T TAKE THE JOKE!

FORD
11-06-2007, 04:18 AM
If it don't look like this, it ain't real Coke. :cool:

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/1/15259/18_2007/mexicancoke2.jpg
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/1/15259/18_2007/mexicancoke1.jpg

FORD
11-06-2007, 04:20 AM
...and please, no jokes about Chimpy's favorite white powder.

Nitro Express
11-06-2007, 04:29 AM
I loved it when my mom bought the case of 16 oz coke bottles that you took back to the store for the deposit.

Today the best Cokes are the little 8oz you get in Mexico made with cane sugar.

FORD
11-06-2007, 04:32 AM
Those are 12 oz MexiCokes pictured above.

Got a Costco in Jackson Hole??

MAX
11-06-2007, 08:58 AM
I'd still prolly drink sodapop if it were packaged in bottles like when I was young.

Plastic gives it an odd taste. Hence and as to why nobody bottles beer that way.

FORD
11-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by MAX
I'd still prolly drink sodapop if it were packaged in bottles like when I was young.

Plastic gives it an odd taste. Hence and as to why nobody bottles beer that way.

Actually, I've seen it happen. and it's not just the shitty domestic brands (http://www.rexam.com/index.asp?PageID=581&Year=2004&NewsID=257&type=) either

http://www.rexam.com/images/news/photo_news_faxe011004.jpg

Nitro Express
11-06-2007, 02:13 PM
I used to work for Coors and they were talking about marketing their beer in plastic bottles years ago. They might have done a trial run but people want a glass bottle and hey, if people recycle the glass it's a renewable resource. It's just heavy and increases the cost of shipping.

Nitro Express
11-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Those are 12 oz MexiCokes pictured above.

Got a Costco in Jackson Hole??

No. They have a zillion Costcos in the Salt Lake Area. The polygamist families love Costco. I was hoping they would put one in Idaho Falls because they would do good business there. Jackson is a resort town with big money so all we have is upscale grocery stores that sell four types of gouda cheese and 50 year old Glenmorangie scotch. Food is expensive here unless you want to poach a bison or something.

Nitro Express
11-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I just know about Mexican Coke from a trip to Puerto Vallarta. They would come out in a little galvanized bucket full of ice with two 8oz stuck in the ice. The beer came in 8oz bottles as well.

FORD
11-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
No. They have a zillion Costcos in the Salt Lake Area. The polygamist families love Costco.

Of course they do. You can't buy for 6 wives and 42 kids at Safeway!

LoungeMachine
11-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Of course they do. You can't buy for 6 wives and 42 kids at Safeway!

Safeway no longer exists.

Haven't you heard?

:rolleyes:

blonddgirl777
11-06-2007, 08:06 PM
We can tell by the results of this poll that the Coke Bottle was designed to look like a woman's silouette!

Although I prefer sodas in a can with a straw... for the bubbles...

blonddgirl777
11-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
... delicious ,corrosive ,tooth/gut rotting swill...

In deed...
Apparently (I never tried it), if you soak a penny in Coka Cola for a while, it will clean it as new!

Go figure what it does to your own pipes?

jharp84
11-06-2007, 08:26 PM
COKE? STRAW!

blonddgirl777
11-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by jharp84
COKE? STRAW!

:lol:

Nitro Express
11-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
We can tell by the results of this poll that the Coke Bottle was designed to look like a woman's silouette!

Although I prefer sodas in a can with a straw... for the bubbles...

It's a sexy bottle but it actually is based on the cola bean pod shape. I know this from watching a History Channel program on the history of Coca Cola.

Nitro Express
11-06-2007, 10:29 PM
I think my favorite soda pop is Inca Cola in Peru. It's not a cola as we know it. It's clear yellow and has a very different crisp clean taste.

Peru is a real fun place for soda pop because it's all bottled down at sea level in Lima and then you get a can of Sprite up at 17,000 feet in Cuzco and open the bugger and it litteraly explodes soda pop all over the place and nothing is left in the can.

Nitro Express
11-06-2007, 10:31 PM
I gave up soda pop drinking in Cuzco and went for cocoa tea which you take the cocoa leaves (the shit they make cocaine from) and boil them in water. The world's first energy drink! :D

Nitro Express
11-06-2007, 10:35 PM
All you have to do to make cocaine is take the leaves and mulch them up after they have air dried. The drug cartels use weed whackers since they have huge bins of them.

You then pour kerosene into the mix and mash it up. Let it sit for a while and then drain the kerosene off. Let the kerosene evaporate and the residue left is pure cocaine. Simple.

I just laughed that so many dumb asses in the US paid so much money for the shit. It grows like weeds in Peru.

blonddgirl777
11-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
It's a sexy bottle but it actually is based on the cola bean pod shape. I know this from watching a History Channel program on the history of Coca Cola.

Are you sure of that?
Because I heard, also on the history chanel (L.O.L.) that they really where trying to make it appealing to soldiers and then came the pin up Coka Cola girls and all... no?

chi-town324
11-06-2007, 10:59 PM
my grandmother used to drink coke from the bottle as well as myself as a tike....never was a pepsi guy...always loved coke to this day

Panamark
11-07-2007, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
All you have to do to make cocaine is take the leaves and mulch them up after they have air dried. The drug cartels use weed whackers since they have huge bins of them.

You then pour kerosene into the mix and mash it up. Let it sit for a while and then drain the kerosene off. Let the kerosene evaporate and the residue left is pure cocaine. Simple.

I just laughed that so many dumb asses in the US paid so much money for the shit. It grows like weeds in Peru.

How long exactly is a while ??
And what purpose does the kerosene provide ?

This sounds ridiculously easy, I think I might grow
some in the backyard ! :D

BITEYOASS
11-07-2007, 08:47 AM
You can get Coke products in glass bottles at various gas stations throughout GA and grocery stores in the Atlanta Metro area. The real thing, straight out of the bottling plant. Although it's the one with corn syrup, the kind FORD doesn't like.

FORD
11-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
You can get Coke products in glass bottles at various gas stations throughout GA and grocery stores in the Atlanta Metro area. The real thing, straight out of the bottling plant. Although it's the one with corn syrup, the kind FORD doesn't like.

Then it's not the real thing. But it probably still tastes better than HFCS in a plastic bottle..

Last I heard, it was easier to recycle glass than plastic anyway.

In fact, the Coke bottles are thick enough that they could probably be washed and re-used.