PDA

View Full Version : Sicko DVD Out Today

LoungeMachine
11-06-2007, 04:14 PM
SICKO By Michael Moore is out today on DVD with special features

Now I've never been one to dis MM in any regard...

I consider the guy a Patriot and an excellent film maker

But I just picked up my copy of the DVD

Stamped on the back is:

DISC MADE IN MEXICO

:confused:

Now this may not rank up there with Oprah and her Sex Shoppe For Girls, but.....

It does beg the question.....

Aren't there any duplicating facilities in the USA that would could pay health benefits and still allow everyone to make a buck off the $19,99 I just paid?

And do the Mexican workers who made these discs have Health Insurance??

I amy be wrong, but this could turn into a thing on the anti-MM blogosphere..

Or am I wrong?

:gulp:

FORD
11-06-2007, 04:33 PM
This probably would have been the decision of whatever studio released the movie, and not had any involvement from Michael Moore himself.

Might be something to have his lawyers slip into the contract the next time he signs a deal though, so that the distributors are specifically forbidden from "outsourcing" future projects.

LoungeMachine
11-06-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm with ya....

BUT

You'd think MM would have considered this, since this is far from his first flick....

The stamp is on the shrinkwrap, so it's not like I can go and compare to his other DVD's I own.

FORD
11-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Maybe the Mexican workers had better health care? :confused:

Damned if I know.... but I WILL continue to buy Mexican Coke. If the factory workers in Atlanta have a problem with that, they can switch back to sugar. Pretend Passover is all year long, if that helps them rationalize it.

LoungeMachine
11-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Welp, I'm betting someone on the Right tries to make hay of this....

Next on FAUX and FIENDS......

Michael Moore Hires Mexicans to Make His Propoganda

:rolleyes:

scamper
11-07-2007, 09:17 AM
I don't think anyone cares what Moore does, he's just another asswipe making money off propaganda. Well in his case he's more like three asswipes, or maybe he ate three asswipes, or maybe he's hiding two asswipes under his shirt and one under his chin, or......

scamper
11-07-2007, 09:19 AM
When I talk about asswipes that includes Rush, Al (either one), Bill, Ann, and so on and so on.....

WACF
11-07-2007, 11:06 AM
When it comes to cash I am sure that was the first consideration for the DVD...it is just cheaper...plain and simple.

Get the message to the masses and make as much cashola while doing so.