PDA

View Full Version : Bush played video games with recovering war veterans.

Steve Savicki
11-11-2007, 03:12 PM
What does he think, "We lose lives, just reload and reboot the computer?"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071109/pl_afp/uspoliticsiraqbush_071109152522
WACO, United States (AFP) - US President George W. Bush had a shoot-out with the "bad guys" in Iraq on Thursday, playing a computer game with war veterans that simulates a firefight in Baghdad, the White House said.

Bush tried his hand at the game with two soldiers during a visit to a rehabilitation center in Texas that treats veterans wounded in Iraq.

White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said Bush helped "shoot the bad guys" in a Baghdad neighborhood, albeit virtually.

She said the president saw several "cutting edge virtual reality games" that allow recovering soldiers at the center in San Antonio to simulate riding in a car or boat.

Apart from the computer game session, Bush's visit with badly wounded soldiers was often emotional as he spoke with patients who had lost limbs or suffered severe burns in the Iraq war.

Earlier, Bush said his administration had taken steps to improve flawed health care services for returning veterans.

"Our system needs to be modernized," Bush said. "We have an outdated system that can bog down some of those recovering in a maze of bureaucracy."

So PLAYING GAMES is what the President does when overseeing wounded soldiers!

I wonder what happens if you don't let him win.

bueno bob
11-11-2007, 03:17 PM
"Our system needs to be modernized," Bush said. "We have an outdated system that can bog down some of those recovering in a maze of bureaucracy."

...Maybe somebody should get him an XBOX 360...? :confused:

Steve Savicki
11-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob "...Maybe somebody should get him an XBOX 360...? :confused:
I thought Nintendo had the hottest product.:confused:

Diamondjimi
11-11-2007, 11:06 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/Bush_MSoffice.jpg

Steve Savicki
11-12-2007, 06:45 AM
LOL

bueno bob
11-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
I thought Nintendo had the hottest product.:confused:

If you're still into games for 9 year olds.

Don't answer that.

Steve Savicki
11-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
If you're still into games for 9 year olds.
I had no idea the gaming industries shift like the music industry.

bueno bob
11-14-2007, 11:47 PM
Nintendo's STILL making Pokemon, Mario and Zelda games...after 20+ years...?

I'll take my Halo 3 and Gears of War...lol...

WARF
02-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Closing this-------------------->

Am I doing this right Lounge?

knuckleboner
02-15-2008, 11:19 AM
ok, i get you guys want to dump the savicki threads.

but, does it really need to be done once other people have also posted to those threads?

not everyone here is going to know that a post they thought they made in earnest is actually dead, because the thread is about to be dumped due to its starter.

(plus, i don't know how you guys aren't worried about the hitch-cavalry
tm coming to savicki's rescue...;))

Guitar Shark
02-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
ok, i get you guys want to dump the savicki threads.

but, does it really need to be done once other people have also posted to those threads?

not everyone here is going to know that a post they thought they made in earnest is actually dead, because the thread is about to be dumped due to its starter.

(plus, i don't know how you guys aren't worried about the hitch-cavalry
tm coming to savicki's rescue...;))

I don't know what other people are doing, but I dump any Savicki thread on sight, regardless of who's already posted in it.

The guy is a retard, literally, who offers no commentary on any of the threads he posts.

He spams dozens of message boards every day with his useless tripe.

He is not even a Roth fan and has no business being here.

It's an experiment, really, to see if it will have a chilling effect on his posting. Maybe once he realizes that every thread he starts in the Front Line will get dumped, he will stop. Admittedly, I am not optimistic. ;)