PDA

View Full Version : The Democratic Debate

Nickdfresh
11-15-2007, 08:15 PM
A little testy tonight...:D

Nickdfresh
11-15-2007, 08:23 PM
I think Edwards might actually be running roughshod over everybody thus far...

Jesus Christ
11-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Verily, the son of a millworker is better than the wife of Clinton.

sadaist
11-16-2007, 12:44 AM
I didn't watch, but it sounds like it was more about bashing Hillary than actually debating. I'm all for bashing Hillary, but it's getting old. Let the candidates stand on the merits of their record, their position on the issues, and their vision for the future.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071116/ap_on_el_pr/democrats_debate

LoungeMachine
11-16-2007, 01:49 AM
Biden was hilarious....

Kucinich was right......

Hillary pandered.......

Dodd was reasonable......

Same old song and dance.

Good TV though.

:gulp:

FORD
11-16-2007, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
I didn't watch, but it sounds like it was more about bashing Hillary than actually debating. I'm all for bashing Hillary, but it's getting old. Let the candidates stand on the merits of their record, their position on the issues, and their vision for the future.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071116/ap_on_el_pr/democrats_debate

And the problem with Hillary is that she has none of those things. No record. No positions. No vision.

LoungeMachine
11-16-2007, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by FORD
And the problem with Hillary is that she has none of those things. No record. No positions. No vision.

She has many positions......

on every topic.

See Howard dean beaming like a proud papa?

Compared to the 7 Dwarves on the Republican side we do seem pretty heavy loaded...

:D

FORD
11-16-2007, 03:21 AM
Did Hillary bus in some professional hecklers or what? All these "boos" any time someone dares to criticize her positions.

And the CNN moderators......

Leslie Blitzer, Mossad Agent.

Campbell Brown, wife of BCE flunkie Dan Senor

John Roberts - got a CNN gig because he kissed so much ass in the Chimp White House press corps.

Yeah, what a "fair and balanced" group, as usual.... :rolleyes:

FORD
11-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Just in case you were wondering how much time each candidate actually got to speak.......

http://hootinholler.com/images/debate_time.jpg

While the favoritism of some candidates over others is obvious, it's even more disturbing that Leslie Blitzer got more time than most of them.

LoungeMachine
11-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Richardson 1/3 more than Edwards?

Didnt seem that way.

I think Obama is wishing this morning he could take back a few of those minutes...

I still think Biden stole the show.

DLR'sCock
11-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Biden was pretty funny, and he was smart to play it the way he did.

Kucinich is and was right, and Kucinich is getting my vote, hands down.

So who do vote for or believe the guy who has been proven correct time and time again, or the one you are told to vote for.

DLR'sCock
11-16-2007, 04:03 PM
One more thing, Blitzer annoys the hell out of me.

Lqskdiver
11-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Did Hillary bus in some professional hecklers or what? All these "boos" any time someone dares to criticize her positions.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Then I learned that each campaign gets to choose an equal part of the audience through the help of the DNC.

The media is eating it up...headlines like "standing up to the boys" and "the lady is a champ".

I'd worry...if you guys think the country is in bad shape now, just wait till this woman gets a hold of it.

:cool:

LoungeMachine
11-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
II'd worry...if you guys think the country is in bad shape now, just wait till this woman gets a hold of it.

:cool:

If?

I think you gotta go back to 1864 to see this country in worse shape....

I don't think she'd be worse than chimpy...

Just not a whole lot better.

I do however, think she'd be a helluva lot smarter when it came to cabinets and appointments though.

Jesus Christ, the last 6 years have seemed like a Who's Who of Watergate / Iran-Contra

:gulp: