PDA

View Full Version : Court sentences rape [i][b]victim[/i][/b]

naturochem
11-16-2007, 05:49 AM
Problems with the USofA judicial system??
Consider the fate of one victim of multi-party rape in the middle east....

Fri Nov 16, 12:27 AM ET

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - A Saudi court sentenced a woman who had been gang raped to six months in jail and 200 lashes — more than doubling her initial penalty for being in the car of a man who was not a relative, a newspaper reported Thursday.

The decision by the Qatif General Court came in a case that had sparked rare debate about the kingdom's justice system when it surfaced more than a year ago.

In its decision Wednesday, the court also roughly doubled prison sentences for the seven men convicted of raping the 19-year-old woman, the Arab News reported on its English-language Web site.

According to Arab News, the court said the woman's punishment was increased because of "her attempt to aggravate and influence the judiciary through the media."

She had initially been sentenced to 90 lashes after being convicting her of violating Saudi's rigid laws on segregation of the sexes.

Under Saudi Arabia's interpretation of Islamic Sharia law, women are not allowed in public in the company of men other than their male relatives.

The initial sentences for the men convicted of the gang rape ranged from 10 months to five years in prison. Their new sentences range from two to nine years, the paper said.

The attack took place in 2006. The woman has said that it occurred as she tried to retrieve her picture from a male high school student she used to know. While in the car with the student, two men got into the vehicle and drove them to a secluded area. She said she was raped there by seven men, three of whom also attacked her friend.

Reports of the story triggered debate about Saudi Arabia's legal system, in which judges have wide discretion in punishing a criminal, rules of evidence are shaky and sometimes no defense lawyers are present. The result, critics say, are sentences left to the whim of judges.

The judges, appointed by the king, have a wide discretion in handing down sentences, often said to depend on their whim. A rapist, for instance, could receive anywhere from a light or no sentence, to death.

The woman was identified in the media only as the Girl from Qatif. The case was referred back to the General Court by an appeals court last summer, after the woman's attorney argued the verdict was too lenient for the rapists and unjust for the victim.

The court also banned the lawyer from defending her, confiscated his license to practice law and summoned him to a disciplinary hearing later this month.

"I explained to them that it was my job to do everything legal in order to serve my client. But they did not listen," the lawyer, Abdul Rahman al-Lahem, was quoted by the paper as saying.

Link to article.. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071116/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saudi_justice;_ylt=Ak7dXYP5vrn8HIBwuGDfqj3jOrgF)

binnie
11-16-2007, 06:10 AM
Shocking really isn't it.

I'm normally quite a rational and laid-back person, but I hope someone kicks seven bags of shit out those rapists. That was clearly premeditated and carefully planned. Bastards.

As for the victim, poor girl. What an ordeal.

naturochem
11-16-2007, 06:37 AM
Apparently the friend of the victim, the "guy" in the car with her, also got 90 lashes. Four of the perpetrators were married -- one them received additional lashes & time for videotaping the ordeal. What the fuck would Muhammad/Allah have to say about this??

Not sure what's wrong with the link, but here is the NY Times article... (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/16/world/middleeast/16saudi.html?_r=1&oref=slogin)

binnie
11-16-2007, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by naturochem
What the fuck would Muhammad/Allah have to say about this??

Who knows?

Let's hope that thet get their just reward in the afterlife (providing it exists...)

FORD
11-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Hell was made for shitbags like that. Including the judge.

Nickdfresh
11-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Good thing this didn't happen in Iran, or we would have liberated her by bombing them by now...

WACF
11-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Nick...I am sure it is being worked on....

Nitro Express
11-17-2007, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Who knows?

Let's hope that thet get their just reward in the afterlife (providing it exists...)

It exists. It has to. Yin/Yang and Karma or whatever. There's no free lunch; sometimes the punishment is delayed but nature hates a vacume and every action bring a reaction.

Maybe our heaven will be torturing the mean fucks of the world forever. Shoving flaming pinapples up their dick holes and such.

DeadOrAlive
11-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Pretty fucked up... Don't know what else to say. Talk about men having no balls.

Nickdfresh
11-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by WACF
Nick...I am sure it is being worked on....

LOL :D Idiot Links douche OLO threatened to ban me over there yesterday for making the same comment...

Granted, not my most sensitive moment. But I think I was pointing out that this happens to young women in a country we get a substantial amount of crude from...

It is sickening and disgusting. Of course, most in the West are not aware of "honor killings" that abound in that part of the world where a woman can be murdered --not only for having a boyfriend, but for even causing shame to the family by being raped...

Hardrock69
11-17-2007, 04:05 PM
IF that country was wiped off the face of the earth, it would not bother me one bit.

Those worthless shitbags are still behaving like neanderthals.

Even in the 21st century.

:rolleyes:

DirtyDeeds
11-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Glass parking lot time. Their culture blows goats. Sometimes literally.

binnie
11-19-2007, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by DirtyDeeds
Their culture blows goats. Sometimes literally.

:D

God only knows how many lashes you get for that!

Steve Savicki
11-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by binnie
I'm normally quite a rational and laid-back person, but I hope someone kicks seven bags of shit out those rapists. That was clearly premeditated and carefully planned. Bastards.

As for the victim, poor girl. What an ordeal.
Ditto and agreed. :(