PDA

View Full Version : How Old is LEGAL?

blonddgirl777
11-19-2007, 11:19 PM
I am curious as to know what are the legal ages in your state, province or country...

To drive a car,
To have legal sex,
To enter clubs,
To drink alchool,
To vote,
Etc...

And mostly, what do you think about it (too old, too young...)???

Here;
16 to drive a car (15 when accompanied by an adult driver),
18 for legal sex,
18 to enter a club,
18 to drink,
18 to vote...

It all seems to work out fine except for some are trying to raisse the legal age to drive at 18 because teenagers don't make a difference between our highways and the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (for Formula 1)!
It won't happen... ever.

NATEDOG001976
11-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Grass on the field, play ball!!!!

jharp84
11-19-2007, 11:54 PM
You buy the 1st round! I'll buy the last!

Dan
11-20-2007, 12:03 AM
To drive a car, 15 years old
To have legal sex, 16 years old
To enter clubs, 18 years old
To drink alchool, 18 years old
To vote,18 years old

This Is The Story In New Zealand.:)

jharp84
11-20-2007, 12:11 AM
I bet NZ is a lot cleaner than here!

Dan
11-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by jharp84
I bet NZ is a lot cleaner than here!

Not As Clean As You Think.

jharp84
11-20-2007, 12:31 AM
Well at least you are talkin to me! :) Thanks juice

jharp84
11-20-2007, 12:33 AM
I think I go into cave now! For awhile!

Dan
11-20-2007, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by jharp84
Well at least you are talkin to me! :) Thanks juice

:D

Panamark
11-20-2007, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Dan
To drive a car, 15 years old
To have legal sex, 16 years old
To enter clubs, 18 years old
To drink alchool, 18 years old
To vote,18 years old

This Is The Story In New Zealand.:)

Same In Australia (16), Actually I think there is some
sub-clause where a 13-14 year old can have sex, as
long as the partner is no more than 2 years older.
Dunno who the hell pushed that one through the
senate ! lol..

Oh and driving, I think our learners permit to drive
start at 16 and 17 depending on the state.
Thats really cool that you guys can drive at 15 DTM !

So how old does a sheep have to be for consensual
sex in NZ ?? :D

(Sorry, I had to do it !!) :p

Dan
11-20-2007, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Panamark

So how old does a sheep have to be for consensual
sex in NZ ?? :D

(Sorry, I had to do it !!) :p

When It's Free,Any Age.:)

What Is The Age For Having Sex With A kangaroo?

Panamark
11-20-2007, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Dan
When It's Free,Any Age.:)

What Is The Age For Having Sex With A kangaroo?

Whoah ! Would be a brave soul that would attempt such
a feat.. The Roo could kick your balls straight up your
asshole.. I would be more inclined to buy a wombat
a drink if I was you ! :D

binnie
11-20-2007, 04:14 AM
To drive a car 17
Sex 16
To go to a club 18
To buy alcohol 18
To vote 18

Having said that, a large percentage of the population has done most of those things before the legal age, with the exception of driving a car (can't think of any of my friends growing up who drove a car before they were 17)

FORD
11-20-2007, 04:29 AM
Driver's License 16

Age of consent 16

Vote 18

Join the military 18

Drink 21

21 became the national legal drinking age in the US sometime in the 1990s. Before that, some states were 19. Colleges in those states or near those states had a significant drop in enrollment after the national law went in to effect.

On the other hand, schools in cities near the Canadian border benefitted from the new rules. Still 19 in BC. In fact, that's where I bought my first legal beer.

As far as illegal beer, the ironic thing is that I got carded more after I was 21 than I did before! Having facial hair helped, I guess.

binnie
11-20-2007, 05:45 AM
So, you can drive a ton a steel which is perfectly capable of killing someone, at 16; you can fuck, and presumably bring another person into the world, at 16; but you can't have a beer for another five years?

Weird.

I'll tell you something equally odd. At my High School everything was pretty strict up to the age of 16: we had to wear a uniform, which included shirt, tie and sweater. What haircuts we could have was also regulated. Anyway, during the summer we still had to wear said sweater and to ask permission to remove it. So it's like 80-90F outside and you've got 30 kids in a room in wool - real smart.

So one day a friend of mine takes off his sweater, and the teacher goes ballistic because he didn't ask permission. My friend replies: "So, I'm old enough to ride a motorcycle, old enough to get married [with one parents consent], old enough to leave school and work, and old enough to have sex. But I'm not old enough to regulate my own body temperature." So the class pisses itself laughing. He was in detention for about two weeks, but it was damn funny.

Ellyllions
11-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
I am curious as to know what are the legal ages in your state, province or country...

To drive a car,
To have legal sex,
To enter clubs,
To drink alchool,
To vote,
Etc...

Since Ford already got the US's ages, I'll give my 2 pennies on whether or not I think the ages are appropriate. I've got a 17 year old turning 18 in June so I think I've got an opinion worth posting. I'm dealing with it all right now.

To drive a car, 16 with restrictions on time of day allowed to be on the road. I think 16 is a fine age to start driving what I don't think is appropriate is the amount of education and experience they get before they're allowed to drive on their own. There should be some motor vehicle law, and more hours required behind the wheel before they're allowed to just go...

To have legal sex, 18. I think this is ok. They're doing it WAY before 18, especially the girls.

To enter clubs, there are age-appropriate clubs here in Raleigh that cater to crowds as young as 13. Great environment for them if you aspire for them to be EX users and Meth heads.

To drink alchool, 21. And no I don't think this is appropriate. Most of the teenagers that I know either have already been drunk at least once (same as when I was a teenager). But then again, I'm one of those folk who truly believes that alcohol is the real gateway drug so I could be persuaded with an argument to raise that age and make penalties more stiff...I guess. This one's a tuffy for me because on one hand I know that the more "mystery" you give a subject the more likely a teenager will seek it out; and on the other hand I know how immaturity and alcohol can be a deadly mix...

To vote, 18 and yeah I gotta say that's ok with me. I can't mention one teenager that I know now or even myself at 18 who had the brains to take that seriously. Not saying that they don't exist. But in my experiences at 18 they're still trying to cross a dangerous road just to get to that candy store without looking both ways. Voting is a serious business.

Coyote
11-20-2007, 08:22 AM
If memory serves me right...

Consent: 16
Drive: 18
Bar/Club: 18 or 20, depending on club or its event
Buy Beer/cigs: 18
Buy Liquor: 21
Vote: 18

Anonymous
11-20-2007, 10:12 AM
It's all 18 here, except for bars/drinking which is 16.

Cheers! :bottle:

FORD
11-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions

To vote, 18 and yeah I gotta say that's ok with me. I can't mention one teenager that I know now or even myself at 18 who had the brains to take that seriously. Not saying that they don't exist. But in my experiences at 18 they're still trying to cross a dangerous road just to get to that candy store without looking both ways. Voting is a serious business.

I took voting very seriously when I was 18. Especially when the government told me I had to register for "selective service" (i.e. the draft) before I could vote.

I didn't want Ronald Reagan having that power over my life. I can't imagine how any 18 year old today would want Chimpy having that power over theirs. I would hope the 18 - 32 year olds out there take their votes next year very seriously, for that reason, among others.

franksters
11-20-2007, 10:17 PM
how about to buy a gun?

Dan
11-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by franksters
how about to buy a gun?

In New Zealand You Have To Have A Health Check,Family Check And Then A Test.

jslav06
11-21-2007, 03:01 AM
16 to drive.
18 to have sex and smoke.
21 to drink and go to clubs.
and apparently you need to be 10 to play Monopoly... Weird shit.

binnie
11-21-2007, 04:06 AM
how about to buy a gun?

Guns are not on sale to the general public here. The laws are very complicated and I don't fully understand them, but you have to have a special license and go through a lot of procedures etc.

Farmers and people who need shotguns for work are the most likely to have guns, but its not like we have gun shops on the high-street.

Panamark
11-21-2007, 04:16 AM
Seems like the majority of the world is 16 ??

So you could have some 15 year old who just
turned 16, and its perfectly legal to have sex with her/him ??

Who decided that we are mentally ready at 15/16 ??
Obviously most of our bodies are, but mentally ??

I still cant believe in Australia you can have sex at almost
any age, as long as the older partner is no more than
two years older.. What a weird rule, huh ???

But a 16 yo in Oz could marry an 80yo man if she wanted...
Can anyone say Anna Nicole ??

binnie
11-21-2007, 04:22 AM
Seems like the majority of the world is 16 ??

So you could have some 15 year old who just
turned 16, and its perfectly legal to have sex with her/him ??

Who decided that we are mentally ready at 15/16 ??
Obviously most of our bodies are, but mentally ??

The "mentally ready" issue is an interesting one. I reckon most guys wouyld kills to get their dicks wet at 15, but it could be argued that they aren't "mentally ready" - I dunno, I'm not top sure I associated sex with my mind or any emotion at that point in my life. I would have fucked a chair it I thought it wanted it!

Is it different for girls?

I guess it's down to the individual, you should only do it when YOU feel ready, regardless of how old/young you are (provding you're legal).

Panamark
11-21-2007, 06:29 AM
Its understanding "why" you are fucking the chair !

blonddgirl777
11-21-2007, 07:24 PM
how about to buy a gun?

In AZ, as soon as you're old enough to understand the meaning of "click, pow"...
And ho, yes... you have to be old enough to hold it! :o

blonddgirl777
11-21-2007, 08:08 PM
I`ve always wondered how these laws have came to what they are now...
I mean, who started those regulations, how could they determine the right age for everything, what where those judgments based on etc...

Every human being is so different... legal for this at that age, not yet for that other thing... society has to draw the line but I really wonder...

O.K., for driving a car, they can go with accident`s statistics, for voting, they can test our knowledge of politics but for alchool, clubbing and age of conscent... it`s only about morallity... I guess ???

blonddgirl777
11-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
... To enter clubs, there are age-appropriate clubs here in Raleigh that cater to crowds as young as 13. Great environment for them if you aspire for them to be EX users and Meth heads...

I started going into (real) clubs around age 16, my sister started when she was 14... they where VERY loose here at the time. So as you`ve made it through the front door, you can drink, there are no regulations inside.
Simple;
Our board of liquor is owned by the provincial gvrnmt... we need money...

Back when I was 13, we had underaged clubs too but they where fun, innofensive and we danced all evering without thinking about getting wasted. My Dad. would drive us (the girls) there and pick us up at 12;00 AM... It was so much fun! Early 80`s... I could pretend I was Jerry Hall at Studio 54... except my Coke was soda... :p

binnie
11-22-2007, 04:09 AM

O.K., for driving a car, they can go with accident`s statistics, for voting, they can test our knowledge of politics but for alchool, clubbing and age of conscent... it`s only about morallity... I guess ???

Morality, I suppose, is important. But laws are only useful if they are enforced, and I don't imagine that many people are prosecuted for having under-age sex (unless one person involved in a MUCH older adult). It's a pretty useless law in that respect...

Ozzy Fudd
11-22-2007, 07:43 PM
In AZ, as soon as you're old enough to understand the meaning of "click, pow"...
And ho, yes... you have to be old enough to hold it! :o

until i got to this point..... it was. Yep, yep Wow i never knew that one.
then blonddgirl. you crack me up.:D

Shaun Ponsonby
11-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by binnie
To drive a car 17
Sex 16
To go to a club 18
To buy alcohol 18
To vote 18

Having said that, a large percentage of the population has done most of those things before the legal age, with the exception of driving a car (can't think of any of my friends growing up who drove a car before they were 17)

A big part of British culture is doing things before you should.

It's an important part of growing up trying to get served in pubs, trying to get into clubs...and finding somebody who will gladly do the other...

In fact, I don't bother going to clubs anymore because the fun has gone out of it now that it's legal for me to do that. I'm happier sitting in a pub with a good jukebox (The Crosby has the best jukebox in the world...Dave (ALAE), Rush (Spirit of Radio) Black Sabbath (Children of the Sea), Bowie (Rebel Rebel), Bruce (Badlands), The Who (I Can See For Miles), The Doors (LA Woman)...etc...that was a gooooood night of drunken singing).

Where would we be without it?

And...as for driving...most of the people in my area have parents who don't mind us driving round empty roads under their supervision in a sort of pre-driving lesson driving lesson. Not me though...I'd be a terrible driver, so I haven't bothered.

Nitro Express
11-26-2007, 07:17 AM
I had to wait until I was 15 to drive a car legally but I was legally flying a Piper Cherokee airplane at age 12. I could fly an airplane but I could not legally drive to the airport.

Nitro Express
11-26-2007, 07:21 AM
The drinking age in my home state was 18 and then the Federal Govt. threatened to eliminate the highway funds if the age was not raised to 21. It's pure stupidity and has done nothing to curb teen alcohol abuse. In fact, alcohol abuse is worse than ever.

They expect kids who are 18 to go to Iraq and kill people, get maimed, or die at age 18 but they can drink a beer. Pure stupidity!

Nitro Express
11-26-2007, 07:23 AM
I hate age limits. My guideline is responsibility and ability. I would trust certain 10 year olds with my snowmobile and horse that I wouldn't trust certain adults with. The adults would kill themselves.

binnie
11-26-2007, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
A big part of British culture is doing things before you should.

It's an important part of growing up trying to get served in pubs, trying to get into clubs...and finding somebody who will gladly do the other...

In fact, I don't bother going to clubs anymore because the fun has gone out of it now that it's legal for me to do that. I'm happier sitting in a pub with a good jukebox (

That's an important point: underage drinking made my sixth-form experience far more fun than the University one. A lot of fun goes out of drinking once you're old enough to do it. Same with clubs (unless its a Rock club): once you're old enough to get in legally, you look around, play "spot the brain-cell" for a little while, and then realize that your paying £3 a drink, listening to shit music and surrounded by morons - it's a that point you leave, either alone or with a member of the opposite sex drunk enough to accompany you.

I'd take a pub/bar over a club anyday...

Nitro Express
11-26-2007, 07:29 AM
That's an important point: underage drinking made my sixth-form experience far more fun than the University one. A lot of fun goes out of drinking once you're old enough to do it. Same with clubs (unless its a Rock club): once you're old enough to get in legally, you look around, play "spot the brain-cell" for a little while, and then realize that your paying £3 a drink, listening to shit music and surrounded by morons - it's a that point you leave, either alone or with a member of the opposite sex drunk enough to accompany you.

I'd take a pub/bar over a club anyday...

I hear you there. I remember the rush of scoring some beer. I was staying with my aunt for a year and we lived by a university. We had some Iranian exchange students buy cases of beer for us and they agreed as long as they could come to the party. LOL! So we had these college dudes at a high school party.

I made a fake ID and got to be friends with the state liquor store employees. I had no problem scoring had liquor my last two years of high school. LOL! I would go in and buy vodka and then triple the price and resell it to other kids.

When I was legal, it was boring.

Nitro Express
11-26-2007, 07:35 AM
Clubs are exciting when you can sneak into them illegally. I grew up in the resort town of Sun Valley, Idaho so New Years was always fun to sneak into the bar parties. We would go to Seattle or Portland and hit the clubs. Just getting in was the fun.

Once you are legal. You are looking for a piece of ass and the drinking is no big deal. All I know is all the girls I ever met in clubs we always ended up at their place and everyone of them had so much stuff in their room and on the bed there was no room to fuck. Absolute slobs. LOL!

binnie
11-26-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I hear you there. I remember the rush of scoring some beer. I was staying with my aunt for a year and we lived by a university. We had some Iranian exchange students buy cases of beer for us and they agreed as long as they could come to the party. LOL! So we had these college dudes at a high school party.

I made a fake ID and got to be friends with the state liquor store employees. I had no problem scoring had liquor my last two years of high school. LOL! I would go in and buy vodka and then triple the price and resell it to other kids.

When I was legal, it was boring.

Is it 21 for drinking where you are? It's 18 here, so by the time we were 14-15 a lot of people at my school had already started drinking, and by the time we were 16 we were hitting bars and clubs (sometimes with a little difficulty). The illicit nature of it added drama, as did the fact we were all doing it for the first time and could be absolutely hammered drunk on five beers! Good times.

I only started getting hang-overs at 22, no matter how much I drunk I never, ever got one and then one day BOOM!!! "Oh my God, never again......" LOL

Shaun Ponsonby
11-27-2007, 05:03 PM
I only started getting hang-overs at 22, no matter how much I drunk I never, ever got one and then one day BOOM!!! "Oh my God, never again......" LOL

You lucky bastard.

I won some money on the horses in December 2004 (another thing we did before we should...gamble), and was going to a good friend's brother's 18th at some function room somewhere or other...all this money and I'm getting served...hmmm...what do I do...

I fucking regretted it the next day...

There's only a few things a guy never forgets; the girl who popped his cherry, to clear his zipper, his first hangover...

binnie
11-27-2007, 05:19 PM
You lucky bastard.

I won some money on the horses in December 2004 (another thing we did before we should...gamble), and was going to a good friend's brother's 18th at some function room somewhere or other...all this money and I'm getting served...hmmm...what do I do...

I fucking regretted it the next day...

I was lucky in that respect, mixing drinks never really made much difference either. Although I used to drink WAY too much, but that's another story....

I used to have a few tips to avoid hangover's though: always walk home, no matter how far (I used to live about 3 miles from the centre of town, and 3 miles in the freezing cold takes the edge off however drunk you are); always drink a pint of water before bed.

Those two things nearly always worked for me. Of course, if a new lady-friend is involved in the equasion, making her walk three miles is out of the question! :D

Shaun Ponsonby
11-27-2007, 06:19 PM
I was lucky in that respect, mixing drinks never really made much difference either. Although I used to drink WAY too much, but that's another story....

I used to have a few tips to avoid hangover's though: always walk home, no matter how far (I used to live about 3 miles from the centre of town, and 3 miles in the freezing cold takes the edge off however drunk you are); always drink a pint of water before bed.

Those two things nearly always worked for me. Of course, if a new lady-friend is involved in the equasion, making her walk three miles is out of the question! :D

The water I learned about a few months later when some guy came into school to talk about drinking responsibly or something like that...I dunno its a few years ago now.

And, as far as possible lady friends are concerned...they can either walk home the 3 miles or just find an empty car park...up to you love...

binnie
11-28-2007, 03:11 AM

And, as far as possible lady friends are concerned...they can either walk home the 3 miles or just find an empty car park...up to you love...

:D

Panamark
11-28-2007, 04:32 AM
As much water as you can drink, and a thiamine (B1)
capsule per every 4-6 drinks, and if an extremely heavy session,
some codeine (if legal in your country) then CRASH OUT !!

Then wake up, drop some valium, two more codeien,
have some more water, crash for a few more hours..
Wake up, have a bong, get the munchies, eat....

Ready to drink again !!

Mileage may vary.. Always worked for me ...

Of course I've given up Thiamine now that Im old
and responsible !!!!!

binnie
11-28-2007, 05:50 AM
As much water as you can drink, and a thiamine (B1)
capsule per every 4-6 drinks, and if an extremely heavy session,
some codeine (if legal in your country) then CRASH OUT !!

Then wake up, drop some valium, two more codeien,
have some more water, crash for a few more hours..
Wake up, have a bong, get the munchies, eat....

Ready to drink again !!

Mileage may vary.. Always worked for me ...

Of course I've given up Thiamine now that Im old
and responsible !!!!!

That sounds like a recipe for some serious health problems - I must try it!

saint
12-06-2007, 10:00 AM
In Sweden..

Consent: 15
Drive: 18
Bar/Club: 18
cigs: 18
Vote: 18
Buy Liquor: 20
Get sterilized = 25

Jano
02-16-2008, 12:44 AM
In France:
to drive 18, 16 with an adult on your side.
to drink 16
sex 15
night club 16 with an adult. 18 by yourself.
smoking 16
vote 18

ppg960
02-28-2008, 12:13 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by blonddgirl777
[B]I am curious as to know what are the legal ages in your state, province or country...

To drive a car,
To have legal sex,
To enter clubs,
To drink alchool,
To vote,
Etc...

Here;
16 to drive a car (15 when accompanied by an adult driver),
18 for legal sex,
18 to enter a club,
18 to drink,
18 to vote...

All the same here in Manitoba except legal sex is 16.
Are you sure it's not that way in QC????
I thought that was a Federal Statute under the CC of Canada.

:confused:

Dr. Love
12-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Grass on the field, play ball!!!!

And if not, roll her over and play in the dirt!!

Redballjets88
12-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Go to Iowa and South Carolina for all the 14 yr old tail you want....wtf is wrong with them?

Hardrock69
01-17-2009, 01:50 AM
I started drinking at 13. Smoked pot at 16. Started driving at 15. Got laid FINALLY when I was 18.

But that was another state. I dunno what the heck the ages are where I am now.....and being long past teen-hood, I do not pay much attention.

I tend to think that driving should be regulated heavily for teens, as the death rate for ages 16-21 is pretty high compared to other demographics.

And yes, I KNOW that kids are going to do as much as they can get away with, just as soon as they can get away with it!

blonddgirl777
02-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Seems like however it's legal or not... People do whatever they want, whenever they fell it's time for it!