PDA

View Full Version : Different Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas

MAX
11-20-2007, 04:07 AM
I know there's already the cooking thread within this forum but I'm curious for some other influences and ideas from the peeps who wouldn't usually or don't ever post within said thread?

Meaning, does anybody have any or care to share some of their own personal or family's side dishes or different takes on the usual fare?

Where I'm going is this year, I'd like to try another dressing or "stuffing" recipe. I still plan on sticking with a basic one with sage, bread, onion and celery, etc. However and depending from where one hales, I've heard of a gazillion and different recipes and wanna give one a shot.

I've heard of people using everything from hard boiled eggs, oysters, spiced apples or certain berries and nuts to using sausage in their dressing/stuffing. I'm really thinking about trying the ground sausage this year as an alternative version cos it sounds good.

I'm also going to do a butternut squash lasagna as a side dish this year cos it sounds wonderful. If it works out ok, I'll post it in the regular cooking thread.

Anyhoo, any ideas or suggestions for alternate dressing/stuffing recipes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Also, do any of you also brine the turkey prior to cooking? If so, your brining solutions would also be greatly appreciated cos I wanna give my basic one a twist as well.

FORD
11-20-2007, 04:19 AM
Here's a different approach. I'm actually considering it seriously. Not because my relatives are a bunch of stoners, but some of them need to lighten up....

Marijuana Stuffing

Ingredients

# 5 cups rye bread crumbs
# 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
# 1/2 cup each of raisins and almonds
# 1/2 cup celery
# 1/3 cup chopped onions
# 3 tablespoons melted butter
# 1/2 cup chopped marijuana buds
# 2 tablespoons red wine

Directions to make the marijuana stuffing

Everybody loves stuffing. Whether it is Thanks Giving or just for nothing, marijuana stuffing is a tasty alternative that really packs a punch. Its so easy too! Basically mix all the ingrediants together and stir it up. Then jam it inside the bird!

DONE!

Link (http://www.legal-buds.com/recipes/marijuana-stuffing.php)

http://forums.therandirhodesshow.com/style_emoticons/default/bong.gif

MAX
11-20-2007, 04:32 AM
FORD,

LMAO but are you serious?

Have you ever made that? :confused:

FORD
11-20-2007, 04:37 AM
I've never even cooked a turkey myself. Probably not much different than roasting chickens though.

Shit, my kitchen's not big enough to put out a whole Thanksgiving production anyway.

Never tried the recipie myself, just thought it sounded interesting. Especially if you have the Mormon side of the family coming over for dinner.....

MAX
11-20-2007, 04:49 AM
lol but the mormon side's all down in Southern Utah and I think I've only done Thanksgiving with them once in almost the forty years of my life.

Seriously though, I've often wondered about using pot as an herb cos the stinky green stuff 'tis very fragrant and would be just as good as sage.

I've never had "pot brownies" either. Now that I'm older nad more mellow, I honestly would not mind actually both tying and using some stellar reefer as a spice in soup or other items. Seriously, I'm curious as to how the flavor would/could be infused within a dish? Also, pot and myself have never meshed too well together. I'm too high strung and it always made me feel both lazy and paranoid. I used to be more of a coke guy when I partied a lot back in my early twenties. :o

No joke, how stoned does or would one get whilst cooking with mary jane? :confused: Cos I really do think some of the stinky, green bud would give an epic flavor to both stuffing and a turkey.

I'm not joking. http://planetsmilies.net/party-smiley-554.gif

Susie Q
11-20-2007, 11:17 AM
I have a recipe alright for stuffing.

It's called, "Stove Top Stuffing". :p

I have a recipe for scalloped corn.

2 cans of cream corn
2 rolls of ritz crackers
8 slices of American Cheese
4 pats of butter

You can either microwave this stuff or put it in the oven.

Put the two cans of cream corn in your dish, crush up the crackers you can even do this while they are in their packets. You don't want to have them coarse, NOT fine.

Mix that up, and then cube up the cheese and add that. Mix that part up, and add the pats of butter to the top.

The only thing you are trying to do is get the corn hot and melt the cheese. So depends on what your choice is, is how long you cook it.

Microwave: Depends on what your watts are but I would go with 3 minutes, and then stir, if the cheese is melted and the shit is hot, it's done. If not, give it another 2 minutes.

OVEN: 30-45 minutes.

Good Eats! :D

diamondsgirl
11-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Max...you could teach a course on this...and you're looking for ideas (??)

Get back in the kitchen, bitch, and make me a sammich! :mad: :D

j/k...muwah!

Susie Q
11-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

j/k...muwah!

ROTFLMAO!!!!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Here's a different approach. I'm actually considering it seriously. Not because my relatives are a bunch of stoners, but some of them need to lighten up....

Marijuana Stuffing

Ingredients

# 5 cups rye bread crumbs
# 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
# 1/2 cup each of raisins and almonds
# 1/2 cup celery
# 1/3 cup chopped onions
# 3 tablespoons melted butter
# 1/2 cup chopped marijuana buds
# 2 tablespoons red wine

Directions to make the marijuana stuffing

Everybody loves stuffing. Whether it is Thanks Giving or just for nothing, marijuana stuffing is a tasty alternative that really packs a punch. Its so easy too! Basically mix all the ingrediants together and stir it up. Then jam it inside the bird!

DONE!

Link (http://www.legal-buds.com/recipes/marijuana-stuffing.php)

http://forums.therandirhodesshow.com/style_emoticons/default/bong.gif

Haha, what are the chances!? I was JUST about to suggest Cannabutter.

MAX
11-21-2007, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

j/k...muwah!

Thanks Dolly. :)

Also, 'tis nice seeing Miss Q in here as well.

Dergardless, I was just looking for some other ideas from the globe and see if anyone had something somewhat goofy or different so I could give it a try?

Just like your green bean casserole. I mean and as you already know, I never had it growing up. However and after you introduced it to me, I dig it!!! Even with just that basic green bean cass, fuck, there are sooooooooo many variations that I wanna try.

Hon, I'm beyond stoked for the buvternut squirsh dersagna cos I think it's gonna rock. :)

MuhuhWAN