PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger as The Joker in Batman Begins sequel- 1st official photo

col5150
11-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Found this online. The 1st official photo of Heath Ledger as the Joker in the Batman Begins sequel Dark Knight. Looks interesting hes got big shoes to fill after Jack

linky:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6554

binnie
11-27-2007, 03:07 PM
I've got a feeling that Heath might not be all that great at this. The Joker is hard to get right....

Panamark
11-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Man, I lost respect for that dude when he went Gay cowboy..
Some of his best work is the small budget Dark Humoured
Aussie flicks he first appeared on..

Theres one where he plays opposite Bryan Brown (who is a
mobster) that film's a classic...
"Two Hands" if you see it at your local rental grab it, the robbery scence is fucking hillarious...

bueno bob
11-27-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm optimistic. Heath Ledger puts in pretty good performances usually (although I didn't see Brokeback Mountain out of...well, straightness). I liked Jack Nicholson in the role, but to be frank, he was just playing Jack Nicholson, not really "The Joker" per se...so I think the role's due for reinterpretation by a new actor...it's not like we're talking about putting Colin Farrell into the Indiana Jones role or anything.

In any regards, Chris Nolan did a BANG UP job on Batman Begins (short of Katie Kroose), so I trust his judgment...

Shaun Ponsonby
11-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Actually, I gained some respect for doing the gay cowboy thing

That took balls (uh...)

Dunno if he could do this. Jack Nicholson got it perfect (actually, I saw Jack watching Motorhead from the wings when they were supporting Alice Cooper the other week).

Matt White
11-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Should have been Adrien Brody...........

http://www.icicom.up.pt/blog/take2/brodyjoker.jpg

Terry
11-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Should have been Adrien Brody...........

http://www.icicom.up.pt/blog/take2/brodyjoker.jpg

Having the Joker look as close to the images in The Killing Joke as possible would be a step in the right direction.

Nicholson was good, but he was too fat; IMO, the Joker should be slim and slightly taller than average.

Dan
11-28-2007, 12:41 AM
Who's Playing Batman?

Panamark
11-28-2007, 01:23 AM
Sean Connery ?? :p

or better still,

Michael Keating..

As long as its not that Christian Bale poofter !!

Dan
11-28-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Panamark

or better still,

Michael Keating..

Or George Clooney.:D

Redballjets88
11-28-2007, 02:12 AM
double post

Redballjets88
11-28-2007, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Panamark

or better still,

Michael Keating..

Keaton

bring back adam west damnit

jhale667
11-28-2007, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Or George Clooney.:D

It's Bale again supposedly. He's OK in the role.
Out of all of the players, Clooney had the jawline for the role...though GOD, that movie was terrible...Alicia Silverstone was a nice eye-candy throw in...

http://e.photos.cx/clooney5_l-b82.jpg

Still not sure what was up with the (bat)man-nipples on the costumes...

By comparison, Bale's head looks freakin' huge in the mask, for some reason...

http://e.photos.cx/bat29-6d4.jpg

binnie
11-28-2007, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

In any regards, Chris Nolan did a BANG UP job on Batman Begins (short of Katie Kroose), so I trust his judgment...

That's a good point - that movie was fantastic, so maybe he knows something that we don't about Ledger....

Shaun Ponsonby
11-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by jhale667
Alicia Silverstone was a nice eye-candy throw in...

I noticed she had a moustache in that movie

bueno bob
11-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by jhale667
It's Bale again supposedly. He's OK in the role.
Out of all of the players, Clooney had the jawline for the role...though GOD, that movie was terrible...Alicia Silverstone was a nice eye-candy throw in...

http://e.photos.cx/clooney5_l-b82.jpg

Still not sure what was up with the (bat)man-nipples on the costumes...

By comparison, Bale's head looks freakin' huge in the mask, for some reason...

http://e.photos.cx/bat29-6d4.jpg

George Clooney has said in multiple interviews that he wanted to portray Batman as gay in "Batman & Robin", and the nipples on the costume was a part of why...

Christian Bale is back for "The Dark Knight", should be released in July. They spent approximately six months filming it...Bale's also in serious talks right now to take on the role of John Conner for "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins"...probably the worst fucking thing they could call the next Terminator movie...

col5150
11-28-2007, 11:23 AM
i always thought that Keaton made the best Bruce Wayne. Val kilmer did a good job of playing a midget bruce wayne the guys tiny.

speaking of good jokers though. The guy that played him in the 'Batman Vs Predator' fan film had the right idea with playing him dark (although he aint the greatset actor)
heres the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOZVp9NFhQE

Mr Badguy
11-28-2007, 04:20 PM
"Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins"

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

What a shit name for a film.

Mr Badguy
11-28-2007, 04:26 PM
I just watched the Nicholson/Keating "Batman" and I forgot how good it was.

The new films arn`t as comic book as that was.

I remember at the time thinking that Cesar Romero was the definitive Joker (to a kid that grew up with the TV show) and that Jack would have a hard time, but now I think of Jack as the Joker.

Can someone else redefine the role?

Who knows?

Terry
11-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Batman Begins was perhaps a step up from Batman Forever, and a quantum LEAP up from that drek flick Batman and Robin.

Bale did a decent job, but the heavies in Batman Begins weren't much to write home about. Freeman, Hauer and Caine were a bit underused. Katie Holmes, on the other hand, was overused and had the screen presence of a box of rocks. No need for her to be in the sequel.

Antman
11-28-2007, 11:03 PM
He looks like the Crow.

bueno bob
11-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Terry
Batman Begins was perhaps a step up from Batman Forever, and a quantum LEAP up from that drek flick Batman and Robin.

Bale did a decent job, but the heavies in Batman Begins weren't much to write home about. Freeman, Hauer and Caine were a bit underused. Katie Holmes, on the other hand, was overused and had the screen presence of a box of rocks. No need for her to be in the sequel.

Agree with most of that...I am of the minority that thinks the Batman movies (Keaton & Kilmer) were ALL fucking bad. Jack Nicholson playing Jack Nicholson playing the Joker didn't save it, nor did Danny DeVito or the rest of the "Who's Hollywood Today!" cast.

Katie Kroose IS a box of rocks in every sense of the word. On the plus side, they announced shortly after B Begins that she won't be back for the sequel...

Man, I wish we had a movie forum... :(

bueno bob
11-29-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

What a shit name for a film.

Due in 2009. Plot summary from imdb.com:

After the drastic effects of Terminator 3, the story continues as John Connor and soon to be wife Kate Brewster realize they must create a resistance organization with Earth's remaining survivors against the army of robots slowly being built up by Skynet. As they are building this resistance, one survivor happens to be a traitor in disguise, and has a secret that nobody would ever come to suspect.

Now, how this will come into play with the upcoming "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" TV series (if it even will at all) remains to be seen, and originally it was announced that Eddie Furlong would reprise the role of John Connor for TS:TFB, but apparently that didn't happen...can't see why, considering Eddie Furlong doesn't really have anything else to do with his time these days...

In any regards, I'm reserving judgment - my best guess is that it's simply a working title, because it IS in fact too fucking terrible to be accurate...and I'm reserving judgment on the television series, considering neither any previous John Connor or Linda Hamilton is involved in it...

Plus side is that Ahnohld will be nowhere near either TV series or TS:TFB...although they haven't ruled out a cameo appearance by the Governator, either...

So...who knows, maybe it'll breathe some life into the franchise...maybe not...

bueno bob
11-29-2007, 12:09 AM
By the way?

McG is set to direct TS:TFB...

The guy whose career pinnacle is "Charlie's Angels"...

We report...you decide...

:rolleyes:

Terry
12-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Agree with most of that...I am of the minority that thinks the Batman movies (Keaton & Kilmer) were ALL fucking bad. Jack Nicholson playing Jack Nicholson playing the Joker didn't save it, nor did Danny DeVito or the rest of the "Who's Hollywood Today!" cast.

Katie Kroose IS a box of rocks in every sense of the word. On the plus side, they announced shortly after B Begins that she won't be back for the sequel...

Man, I wish we had a movie forum... :(

See, what someone SHOULD do is just fucking make a movie version of the Moore graphic novel The Dark Knight Returns, frame for frame. Clint Eastwood would have been great in it about 15 years ago.

The first one with Keaton was decent, although I agree that Nicholson was hardly the definitive Joker. Batman Returns was so-so; DeVito got tiresome really fast.

Terry
12-01-2007, 08:00 AM
By the way?

McG is set to direct TS:TFB...

The guy whose career pinnacle is "Charlie's Angels"...

We report...you decide...

:rolleyes:

Both those Charlie's Angels flicks sucked.

Cameron Diaz and Lucy Liu can't act. Never could. Sure, they're nice to look at. Sad part of it is that Drew Barrymore actually showed more promise as a child and teen actress than she did since she hit her twenties and thirties.

Mr Badguy
12-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Terry
Batman Returns was so-so; DeVito got tiresome really fast.

The Penguin in BR was just far too gross.

A midget freak with black teeth who eats raw fish must have had theatres full of puked up popcorn back then.

Terry
12-02-2007, 04:06 PM
The Penguin in BR was just far too gross.

A midget freak with black teeth who eats raw fish must have had theatres full of puked up popcorn back then.

:D

Redballjets88
12-02-2007, 04:14 PM
I just watched the Nicholson/Keating "Batman" and I forgot how good it was.

The new films arn`t as comic book as that was.

I remember at the time thinking that Cesar Romero was the definitive Joker (to a kid that grew up with the TV show) and that Jack would have a hard time, but now I think of Jack as the Joker.

Can someone else redefine the role?

Who knows?

haha, wow you have no clue what you are saying. Batman begins is based on the dark knight comics and the bad guys in the movie other than scarecrow are comic junkie favorites.

The Joke from Batman is nothing like the joker from the dark knight. The new joker will redefine the role because he is going to be a sick fuck as opposed to someone who goes through a museum spray painting over art to a Prince song.

and I agree bob we should have a movie forum.

Mr Badguy
12-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
haha, wow you have no clue what you are saying. Batman begins is based on the dark knight comics and the bad guys in the movie other than scarecrow are comic junkie favorites.

The Joke from Batman is nothing like the joker from the dark knight. The new joker will redefine the role because he is going to be a sick fuck as opposed to someone who goes through a museum spray painting over art to a Prince song.

But that`s the problem with any movie based on a comic book.

They try to shoehorn a villain like Joker, Lex Luthor or the Penguin into a two hour plot.

I understand that they are going for a more comic fanboy friendly Joker this time but I still think Jack did a great job in "Batman".

Also, comic characters are almost like real people the in way that it`s hard to find someone to play them.

You get used to the way they are on paper.

Like Jim Carrey as The Riddler or Stallone as Judge Dread sometimes it doesn`t work even when they seem like a good choice.