PDA

View Full Version : Shut The Hell Up About The Setlist Already

Howlin' Wolf
11-29-2007, 01:19 AM
Lead, follow, or get the fukk off the sidewalk.

This ain't the Grateful Dead, motherfukkers.

bueno bob
11-29-2007, 01:26 AM
(Shuts his mouth out of decency)

;)

Howlin' Wolf
11-29-2007, 01:28 AM
Shut the hell up about Wolfgang, too. Yup, decency is your forte.

bueno bob
11-29-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm the most mother fucking decent person I know! Seriously!

But Wolfgang is a 17 year old bitch, and that I just can't do anything about...

:D

EAT MY ASSHOLE
11-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Oh, fuck this noise! The setlist should change, if for no other reason it gets BORING for the people on stage doing the same fucking thing night after night after night etc etc.

God, who WOULDN'T love to hear a bit of a Fair Warning obscurity (take your pick) thrown in out of the blue???

If the Stones can figure out how to do it at this point, as they did spectactularly on the Licks tour, VH can throw in ONE new element OCCASSIONALLY.

Sheesh...

VanHalener
11-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
The setlist should change...

Agreed.

I am a Van Halen FREAK, but I do not want to sit through the same show in 2008 that saw in 2007. (not that I wouldn't have a blast reliving Nov1)

Give me the classics, to include SOME of what they are playing now, and others not currently on the list, but toss in some new stuff http://i10.tinypic.com/4zvb3w8.gif and don't hold back at all.

binnie
11-29-2007, 01:49 PM
With a back catalogue as strong as their's why shouldn't they do it justice and change the setlist?

It's not complaining, it's just wanting even more from your favourite band :D

bueno bob
11-30-2007, 12:08 AM
In all honesty, they SHOULD change the setlist up. In this day and age when you just point and click to find out what EVERY show is like, I think it's almost necessary.

Dave shout outs about fucking girlfriends every show on cue back in the 80s was one thing, but this is the information age now, brother...

Point is, who would complain if the set list rotated back and forth? I can't think anybody would...which just leaves the lack of new material to promote, a tour in the middle of winter, the lack of interviews/promotion and the lack of Michael Anthony to bitch about.

Hey, once less gripe from the public is one less gripe from the public, no?

Win/win for everybody...

Loons The Great
12-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Setlist variation would be muey bueno, bob...but with Van Halen...Van Rothin'...it just isn't gonn' be that a way...it's been the same ol' situation since 1978...the mos' we can hope for is a new cover in the middle of Somebody Get Me A Doctor,,,

Prothro
01-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Who gives a crap about the setlist, just watch some old videos,get drunk ,go to the show and have a blast.

binnie
01-09-2008, 03:53 AM
I suppose the only way to please everyone would be to play the whole six pack back to back!

VAiN
01-09-2008, 11:47 PM
I'd be happy if they rotated 2 or 3 songs from night to night... Maybe a different opener every now and then.

I don't see how they can go back and revisit cities in 08 that they hit in 07 with the same show.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be seeing them 3 more times this year either way...