PDA

View Full Version : Are You Burnt Out On Politics? Why?

EAT MY ASSHOLE
11-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Is it the ceaseless quagmire in the middle east? The endless politicking and debates for each party's nomination? The qulaity of the candidates, or the current administration?

A lot of us have been on this board for a long time. A lot of us have become more politically aware and savvy BECAUSE of this board. But of all questions being currently being asked, on a personal level, is this the one that really matters?

LoungeMachine
11-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
Is it the ceaseless quagmire in the middle east? The endless politicking and debates for each party's nomination? The qulaity of the candidates, or the current administration?

A lot of us have been on this board for a long time. A lot of us have become more politically aware and savvy BECAUSE of this board. But of all questions being currently being asked, on a personal level, is this the one that really matters?

fag.

knuckleboner
11-30-2007, 11:55 AM
nope, i'm not burned out. not in the least.

LoungeMachine
11-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Actually, I've never felt as engaged as I do now.

But as important as this election is, I can't help but feel absolutely astounded at how broken the entire system is.

300 million ++ people, and Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, and Fred Thompson is the best the Republican Party can put forth?

A carpet bagging Senator from new York as the democratic frontrunner / heir apparent?

An Illinois Senator with little experience?

Meanwhile The Dodds and Bidens and Kucinich's of the Party are made to be window dressing for mock "debates" ??

Burnt out? Hardly.

Frustrated and angry? Duh.

I would just LOVE to have a major shakeup of BOTH parties. They both seem to feel an entitlement to our votes, and think we're stupid sheep.

But in a world where a Pat Roberston endorses a Rudy Giuliani, things look pretty bleak.

But until we move to public financing for campaigns, it will always be about the $$$$. And we'll keep getting this drek they're feeding us.

But EMA is still a homo.

:gulp:

FORD
11-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Thom Hartmann and I were on the same page this morning....

Fuck these corporate funded fake primaries, and go back to picking the candidate at the convention as God intended.

That way, the real party activists decide, not the billionaires.

LoungeMachine
11-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Brokered Conventions !!!!!!

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
11-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Where would you rather be than right here, right now?

Atomic Faggot?

ODShowtime
11-30-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm burned out because I beat the war drum, I see the people committing crimes, and there's no accountability. Fuckin Rove goes on a book tour! Fuck it. I'm just tired with it all.

LoungeMachine
11-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Atomic Faggot?

:confused: :D

Satan
11-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Rove has a very warm future ahead of him, that I can promise.

Nitro Express
12-01-2007, 03:01 AM
I lived in Europe and Hong Kong. It was always nice to come back to the US and enjoy the personal rights the US Constitution and Bill of Rights gives us as citizens. I hate to see our system broke and I hate to see our economy and industry screwed and fucked.

I'm into saving the country because to be honest, there is no place to go. Sure there are nice places to live elswhere but you usually had to have lots of money to live the same lifestyle that you could live here in the US for less. That now has dissapeared.

We can fix the country but the American citizens have to get behind it. We have become passive, stupid, and distracted. This next presidential election will deffinately show the character of the country. Are we just a bunch of spoiled, dumb fuckoffs that squandered what our grandparents and greatgrandparents worked to build or are we going to correct the problem.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
12-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Atomic Faggot?

Eloquent as ever. And what a swell jesus jones reference!

FORD
12-03-2007, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
Eloquent as ever. And what a swell jesus jones reference!

Shit, I'd forgotten all about that song.....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QtYBQXIeLRw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QtYBQXIeLRw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

...just too bad that "the world waking up from history" didn't last long enough... :(

Nickdfresh
12-03-2007, 08:23 AM
I know, it's sheer poetry...

And I was actually thinking of Bills' General Manager and ex-coach Marv Levy...:D

EAT MY ASSHOLE
12-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Shit, I'd forgotten all about that song.....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QtYBQXIeLRw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QtYBQXIeLRw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

...just too bad that "the world waking up from history" didn't last long enough... :(

It actually was a pretty good song. Remember when they nwere thought to be the future direction of rock?

Steve Savicki
12-03-2007, 01:01 PM
At least the days are numbered in months instead of years now.

Just waiting for the numbering to be in seconds.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
12-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
At least the days are numbered in months instead of years now.

Just waiting for the numbering to be in seconds.

It's still over a year before he leaves office. and that's not the point. my concern in opening this thread was that it's all talk around the problems. politically, this country seems bankrupt. until the day comes when I can open a NY Times and a Wall St Journal Op-Ed, and one isn't saying "Black" when the other is saying "White" i don't see much improving no matter who is sitting in the Oval Office.