PDA

View Full Version : Are you watching your salt?

rustoffa
12-07-2007, 10:56 PM
This whole sodium intake thing has sparked a renewed interest in processed foods. Turns out that nuking 5 plates of pizza rolls 'ell kill you faster than 10 shakes of a salt shaker!!

What about the cans of ravioli? Throw 'em out. That shit is not only making you retain water, it's preserving your capillaries!!

This isn't reprinted from anywhere...it's a wake up call from my pantry to yours.

Fuck, the only thing I had to throw out was a few bags of Tortirinos!!!
:mad:

VanHalener
12-07-2007, 11:05 PM
I like a little salt with my slugs.

Is that wrong?:confused:
http://i5.tinypic.com/81jzkg5.jpg

rustoffa
12-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Why in the fuck are you making sodoku slug maps??

Did you really do that??

FORD
12-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Processed food sucks. I need to stop eating it entirely, though I have cut way down.

It's all loaded with sodium. Most is high in fat and in useless carbs (i.e. bleached flour and High Fructose Corn Poison)

The goal is to go completely organic, but that costs a lot more, and I don't have any room to plant a garden. Much less raise free range cows, chickens, or whatever for meat.

VanHalener
12-07-2007, 11:28 PM
No man. Just a pic I snagged from the net.

I have salted ye ole' slug before, but it is a pretty cruel way to go. Don't do it any more.

Speaking of salt...I am trying to find an article I read a little while ago about how a lack of iodine in a persons diet can cause problems and how the general population gets enough iodine through use of iodized salt which staves off the condition brought on by a lack of iodine.
I'll find it.

VanHalener
12-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by FORD

The goal is to go completely organic, but that costs a lot more...

Since my girl first battled cancer we have gobbled up a lot more of the organic food and in turn spent a lot more money. You just cannot put a price on your health, but the price increase in shopping for such foods always digs deeper into our pockets.

http://i15.tinypic.com/4pxn6kl.jpg

Nitro Express
12-13-2007, 06:00 AM
I'm horribly allergic to food preservatives and processed foods and me don't get along very well. I rarely eat them.

Nitro Express
12-13-2007, 06:03 AM
We live at 6,300 feet above sea level and have a very short growing season. What is planted the moose, rabbits, and deer eat. I would like to put in a green house to grow some vegitables in.

Ozzy Fudd
12-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Oh ohhh there goes my fuckin burger king.

FORD
12-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
We live at 6,300 feet above sea level and have a very short growing season. What is planted the moose, rabbits, and deer eat. I would like to put in a green house to grow some vegitables in.

You just need a really tall fence.

Dig a trench first, so you can have it start 6 ft under ground to keep out the bunnies.

Then about 12 feet above the ground should keep Bambi and friends out.

A few years back my parents had a huge garden. It was fenced in, but the fence was only 5 ft tall, so the deer would jump it and eat whatever they wanted. We extended the fence to about 10 feet tall with chicken wire.

Checked on it the very next day, there was a clump of deer hair stuck in the wire. I don't think Bambi cleared that fence, but he gave it a shot.

I told my dad "If a deer has to work that hard to get a meal, let the poor thing eat. And if he's still there when you wake up, and it happens to be deer season, well then........"

That's why I think 12 feet should be the magic number. ;)

scamper
12-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by FORD
You just need a really tall fence.

Dig a trench first, so you can have it start 6 ft under ground to keep out the bunnies.

Then about 12 feet above the ground should keep Bambi and friends out.

A few years back my parents had a huge garden. It was fenced in, but the fence was only 5 ft tall, so the deer would jump it and eat whatever they wanted. We extended the fence to about 10 feet tall with chicken wire.

Checked on it the very next day, there was a clump of deer hair stuck in the wire. I don't think Bambi cleared that fence, but he gave it a shot.

I told my dad "If a deer has to work that hard to get a meal, let the poor thing eat. And if he's still there when you wake up, and it happens to be deer season, well then........"

That's why I think 12 feet should be the magic number. ;)

saw an Elk jump a 7ft fence once, of course he took it down to about 6ft in the process