PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else like these semi obscure 80's bands?

Mezro
05-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Icon
Fifth Angel
King Kobra (before the singer turned into an ugly chick)
EZO
Last Crack (Buddo..your name is fucking Buddo)
Slave Raider

Mezro...flashback heart attack indeed

Panamark
05-17-2004, 07:20 AM
King Kobra is the only one I have heard of.. Although I cant really remember them. What about Budgie ?? Ever heard of them,
influenced a lot of bands, Metallica being one of them...

Mezro
05-17-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
King Kobra is the only one I have heard of.. Although I cant really remember them. What about Budgie ?? Ever heard of them,
influenced a lot of bands, Metallica being one of them...

Heard of them but never checked out their music.

I did listen to Diamond Head (another Metallica influence) and really liked their sound.

Mezro...so much for obscure music posts

ThrillsNSpills
10-02-2004, 06:15 AM
I remember Fifth Angel because they did the theme to Stern's channel 9 show.
Good guitar playing.

Full Bug
10-02-2004, 07:11 AM
Your kidding right? Next we will hear the great stuff Man O War put out......Although I secretly like Blow Your Speakers, lol.....Funniest video ever, the dude behind the drums looks like he will kick your ass any minute, lol.....:D

twonabomber
10-02-2004, 07:45 AM
wasn't Carmine Appice in King Kobra?

Mezro
10-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
wasn't Carmine Appice in King Kobra?

You win the obscure band prize!

Mezro...Carmine was indeed part of the group; it was his band...

bueno bob
10-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Carmine Appice, Mark (Marcie) Free, David Michael Phillips, Johnny Rod and Mick Sweda...Mick Sweda went on to form Bullet Boys, and I believe Mark's immediate replacement was Johnny Edwards, who went on to replace Lou Gramm in Foreigner around 1990 or so...

They had that Iron Eagle song for the movie, but all three of their albums were actually pretty good, fairly strong efforts. I important their so-called reunion album, Hollywood Trash, about 2 years back; I think that band was Carmine and David...if I remember correctly, Johnny showed up on a few tracks with Mick Sweda, so it was almost a full reunion, but the vocals were handled by the imcomparably bad Kelly Keeling and that turned the whole thing into a pile of poop.

I had/have albums by Icon and EZO also, liked them as well, but King Kobra has actually had the most airplay from me over the years.

DeadOrAlive
10-02-2004, 10:44 PM
Don't forget Grim Reaper!

Mezro
10-03-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

I had/have albums by Icon and EZO also, liked them as well, but King Kobra has actually had the most airplay from me over the years.

The first Icon, EZO and King Kobra were all favorites of mine.

Mezro...hidden gems people should really check out...

BARE BONE
10-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Ready to Strike, Thrill of a lifetime & King Kobra 3. That album had songs by Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley and had Peter Criss singing back up vocals. Legends Never Die is a great song. Here's a pix mezro.

bueno bob
10-09-2004, 01:28 AM
Why am I not surprised it's Marcie Free now? :D

Actually, "Thrill of a Lifetime" has gotten me laid more times than I can remember, LMAO! Seriously! Just had to put it on and by the time "Only the Strong Will Survive" was ending, the panties were usually flying!

Thanks Kobra!

Fuck...I'd kill for a copy of that album on CD now... :)

Mezro
10-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by BARE BONE
Ready to Strike, Thrill of a lifetime & King Kobra 3. That album had songs by Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley and had Peter Criss singing back up vocals. Legends Never Die is a great song. Here's a pix mezro.

Christ...and I thought looking like that was cool when I was a kid.

Mezro...more like Queen Kobra...

bueno bob
10-09-2004, 07:08 PM
I will say this:

Slave Raider fucking sucked!

"What Do You Know About Rock 'n' Roll?"

In the case of Slave Raider, fucking nothing, apparently.