PDA

View Full Version : KBR Covering Up Rape Claim

LoungeMachine
12-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Woman claims Halliburton-KBR rape cover-up
By Alex Spillius in Washington
Last Updated: 2:52am GMT 11/12/2007

A Texas woman who claims she was raped by male colleagues working for Halliburton-KBR in Iraq is suing after the US government failed to bring charges.

Jamie Leigh Jones, 22, alleged she was attacked by several men inside Baghdad's Green Zone two years ago and then held in a shipping container for 24 hours. Her captors then threatened her if she sought medical treatment abroad.

Miss Jones, from Houston, told ABC News that she was warned: "Don't plan on working back in Iraq. There won't be a position here, and there won't be a position in Houston."

According to her lawsuit against Halliburton-KBR, she was raped by "several attackers who first drugged her, then repeatedly raped and injured her, both physically and emotionally". She said she persuaded a guard to lend her a mobile phone, which she used to call her father in Texas.

He then alerted their Congressman, Ted Poe, who contacted the State Department, which sent agents to rescue Miss Jones.

According to the alleged victim and her lawyer, the US authorities took no further interest in her case. It is not clear if the case has been investigated, they claimed.

Her alleged assailants may well be beneficiaries of a loophole that has in effect left American contractors in Iraq beyond US law. Created in part to prevent prosecutions by the Iraqi authorities, it has meant that armed contractors have never faced legal action for several instances of shooting dead Iraqi civilians.

Halliburton, which has won billions of dollars worth of contracts for reconstruction work in Iraq, no longer owns KBR, an engineering firm, and told ABC it was "improperly named" in the suit.

In a statement, KBR said it was "instructed to cease" its own inquiry by the US authorities because they were assuming all responsibility for investigations.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/12/11/wtexas111.xml

LoungeMachine
12-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

In a statement, KBR said it was "instructed to cease" its own inquiry by the US authorities because they were assuming all responsibility for investigations.

Gee, where have we heard this before? :mad:

Jim Shetterlini
12-11-2007, 09:37 PM
All the women Bill Clinton raped or fondled without invite....

TravelGate 1994.....

Rose law firm and the death of vince foster.....

the death of Ron Brown.....

Chinese campaign financing especially donations accepted by Al Gore in the White House(also included the great line" No controlling legal authoirty" ) ....

and just about everything the fuckin previous dem. admin. was involved in.

Oh sorry Lounge for the surprise attack.

LoungeMachine
12-11-2007, 09:54 PM
So Jim, if that was YOUR DAUGHTER that was gang-raped, you would have just told her to shut up, because of the Clinton Years?.

pathetic.

no, excuse me.

FUCKING PATHETIC.

:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
12-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Jim Shetterlini

TravelGate 1994.....

Chinese campaign financing especially donations accepted by Al Gore in the White House(also included the great line" No controlling legal authoirty" ) ....

What exactly was the point of this post, Jim?

:confused:

All I know is, whatever the reason, it had NO PLACE in THIS thread whatsoever.

And you just lowered yourself to justifying the GANG RAPE OF AN AMERICAN SOLDIER'S WIFE because of supposed wrongdoings [most disproved] of an administration out of office 7 years.????????

disgusting. :mad:

Jim Shetterlini
12-11-2007, 10:29 PM
What exactly was the point of this post, Jim?

:confused:

All I know is, whatever the reason, it had NO PLACE in THIS thread whatsoever.

And you just lowered yourself to justifying the GANG RAPE OF AN AMERICAN SOLDIER'S WIFE because of supposed wrongdoings [most disproved] of an administration out of office 7 years.????????

disgusting. :mad:

You don't remember what your follow up post was which I quoted... You brought up the three words that the company KBR was told to by US authorities not what had happened to this American soldier's wife.

Your follow up post had nothing to do with concern for the rape victim, instead you found another news article you could use to further your agenda and spred your hatred for the US Gov and the Bush ADM.

NOWHERE and I MEAN NOWHERE was there any sorrow or support for this poor woman in your follow up post. Nor as I can remember as there EVER been any support for anything that had to do with the support of the US TROOPs and there wives there actions and success by you. EVER!
So don't try that shit with me.... Your follow up post was the most pathetic because you didn't give a fuck what happened to her all you cared about was trying piss all over the US Gov....That's fuckin pathetic!!! Hell most of your post are pathetic and that is why most people don't even try anymore to debate you...Because ther not worth time to post back.

Sad really, even more, when I brought up what Clinton did(most proven) such as the raping of Kathleen Willey there was no sorrow or pity for her from you.

TRYING TO TWIST SHIT AROUND with me won't do you any fucking good....thus my final question:

WTF did your follow up post have to with anything that happend to this Soldier's wife and your concern for her, which what this article was about?

LEt me answer that for you: Not A Fuckin thing!!!!!!!!!!! PATHETIC!

DLR'sCock
12-12-2007, 11:30 AM
This is complete bullshit, what the fuck is wrong with people to do something like this? The male of our species has so many flaws, the first being caught up in this alpha male ape like mentaility. Now this poor woman will suffer emotionally, psychologically, and perhaps physically if they impregnated her as well(of which she should abort IMO). These "men" of which they are not, they are merely fucking cowards and low life scum that should be brought up on charges and put in inprisoned where they will find their true justice as someone else's bitch.

Anyone who does not see on how many levels this mindset works, does not see at all what is front of them everyday.

LoungeMachine
12-12-2007, 02:30 PM

Your follow up post had nothing to do with concern for the rape victim, instead you found another news article you could use to further your agenda and spred your hatred for the US Gov and the Bush ADM.

!

Ahh, the old "you did it first" defense. :rolleyes:

I brought up the FACT that these private contractors have been literally getting away with murder, and the Bush Administration feigns concern, and never brings anyone to justice.

NOWHERE and I MEAN NOWHERE was there any sorrow or support for this poor woman in your follow up post.

So fucking what. I posted the news article for discussion. I would have eventually made my feelings quite well known as I always do in my own threads. YOU are thye dipshit who played the Clinton Card.

Nor as I can remember as there EVER been any support for anything that had to do with the support of the US TROOPs and there wives there actions and success by you. EVER!
!

What the fuck do you know? How long have you been reading my posts? A couple of months?

You dont know shit about my posting history, asshole. Nor would I expect you to bother to research such before making your stupid comments.

So don't try that shit with me.... Your follow up post was the most pathetic because you didn't give a fuck what happened to her all you cared about was trying piss all over the US Gov....That's fuckin pathetic!!! Hell most of your post are pathetic and that is why most people don't even try anymore to debate you...Because ther not worth time to post back.

!

Piss all over the US Government? Fuck you, moron.

Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism. Who said that?

Rush Limbaugh?

No, Thomas Jefferson.

I will always call out my government when it is lacking in credibility, ethics, or honesty. I suppose you bringing up the supposed Clinton "scandals" is different, right? Hypocrite.

Sad really, even more, when I brought up what Clinton did(most proven) such as the raping of Kathleen Willey there was no sorrow or pity for her from you.

How the fuck would you know? Now you think you know what I was thinking or talking about 12 years ago?

Fuck you Jimbo.

WTF did your follow up post have to with anything that happend to this Soldier's wife and your concern for her, which what this article was about?

LEt me answer that for you: Not A Fuckin thing!!!!!!!!!!! PATHETIC!

It was actually quite relevant to her situation, you moronic fucking sheep.

Her case was NEVER INVESTIGATED BY THE DOJ AS PROMISED. AND IT'S NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS SHIT HAS HAPPENED SINCE BUSH'S WARS.

And don't send me anymore threatening PM's, fuckhead, or the gloves WILL come of.

I am so sick to death of you armchair chickenhawk RePUKES calling our Patriotism into question because we expect this administration to stand up for the people who are actually suffering, and to STOP runing interference for the PRIVATE CONTRACTING FIRMS THAT FINANCED THIS ADMINISTRATION.

Go to Hell, Jimbo.

:gulp:

LoungeMachine
12-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
This is complete bullshit, what the fuck is wrong with people to do something like this? The male of our species has so many flaws, the first being caught up in this alpha male ape like mentaility. Now this poor woman will suffer emotionally, psychologically, and perhaps physically if they impregnated her as well(of which she should abort IMO). These "men" of which they are not, they are merely fucking cowards and low life scum that should be brought up on charges and put in inprisoned where they will find their true justice as someone else's bitch.

Anyone who does not see on how many levels this mindset works, does not see at all what is front of them everyday.

Agreed, yet once again the COVERUP is as much a crime as the RAPE itself.

There is no accountability anymore with these firms.

Rape? Cover it up.

Theft of Billions? Cover it up.

Murder? Cover it up.

That this poor woman was forced to sit in a fucking shipping container with no food or water for 24 hours while they "lost" her rape kit, and had to be rescued by embassey personel is disgusting.

Fucking disgusting.

:mad:

Nitro Express
12-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock

Yup. Rape isn't about sex it's about control and getting off on forcing yourself on someone and hurting them. Only sick fucks rape and it sounds like there are plenty of pisant Hitler wannabes at Haliburtion.

I would like to put honey on their balls and dicks and have big ass jungle ants slowly eat them off. Chop all their limbs off. Smash their teeth out with a hammer and leave them a pathetic living vegitable that can't kill itself but lives a long miserable life on interveniouse IV sollution.

LoungeMachine
12-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

I would like to put honey on their balls and dicks and have big ass jungle ants slowly eat them off. Chop all their limbs off. Smash their teeth out with a hammer and leave them a pathetic living vegitable that can't kill itself but lives a long miserable life on interveniouse IV sollution.

I'd settle for the DOJ to simply fucking investigate the claim at this point.

How the fuck does this get shoved under the rug like this?

There are Americans over there committing henious acts in our name with impunity.

Where are all of the "We're a nation of laws" Republicans these days?

This woman deserves justice.

Guitar Shark
12-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Where is the evidence of a coverup?

LoungeMachine
12-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Where is the evidence of a coverup?

You want to start with the "losing" of the rape kit ?

Chain of evidence [ lack thereof ] I believe would be your wording.

Isolating her in a shipping container for 24 hours would be what, counselor? Time to think?

LoungeMachine
12-12-2007, 07:41 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=3977702&page=1

She told ABC she was raped anally as well, and was told by her KBR bosses she would be fired if she went public.

Call it what you want, counselor, but to me that's them trying to CYA

Guitar Shark
12-12-2007, 07:45 PM
So your evidence is whatever the victim alleges in her complaint.

Do you believe everything you see on TV too?

Or only when it fits your own view of the world?

Examine news stories more critically.

Guitar Shark
12-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Just for the record, I'm not saying I disbelieve this woman's claim. But I'm not willing to get all upset based entirely on her version of events, either.

LoungeMachine
12-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Just for the record, I'm not saying I disbelieve this woman's claim. But I'm not willing to get all upset based entirely on her version of events, either.

Yeah, I'm sure she went public claiming to have been gang-raped by 7 coworkers because she thought it would look good on her resume and might get her on Larry King. :rolleyes:

I'm sure the rape kit could easily have been misplaced.

Yeah, I'm going on what I've been able to read in 4-5 different articles.

Sorry I couldn't try the entire case for you.

But yes, I believe everything I read and hear. :rolleyes:

Doesn't everyone.

LoungeMachine
12-12-2007, 07:54 PM
So your evidence is whatever the victim alleges in her complaint.

My evidence?

LoungeMachine
12-12-2007, 07:58 PM

Neither would I.

But I also take into account the Embassey Officials who rescued her from the shipping container, and KBR themselves claiming The DOJ was claiming jurisdiction.

Guitar Shark
12-12-2007, 08:01 PM
My evidence?

Yes, your evidence. You are the one buying this woman's story with out any independent evidence. You came up with the title of this thread -- "KBR Covering Up Rape Claim." Contrast this with the actual title of the news article you posted -- "Woman claims Halliburton-KBR rape cover-up."

Responsible journalism vs. Lounge revisionary journalism. ;)

Admit that you hate KBR and Halliburton and that you'll believe anything negative about them, and it's all good.

LoungeMachine
12-12-2007, 08:28 PM

:lol:

LoungeMachine
12-12-2007, 08:32 PM

:lol:

Where's my Pulitzer?

Nickdfresh
12-12-2007, 10:16 PM

TravelGate 1994.....

You're out of your fucking mind man. Seriously...

Who was "raped" by Clinton...

And how the fuck is this a Dems vs. Repubs issue?

Are you really this fucking stupid?

Nickdfresh
12-12-2007, 10:22 PM
You don't remember what your follow up post was which I quoted... You brought up the three words that the company KBR was told to by US authorities not what had happened to this American soldier's wife.

Your follow up post had nothing to do with concern for the rape victim...

That's quite clearly not in your post either, idiot....

Maybe if you kill here quick enough, you'll silence her from embarrassing the assholes you voted for?

Nitro Express
12-13-2007, 05:54 AM
I'd settle for the DOJ to simply fucking investigate the claim at this point.

How the fuck does this get shoved under the rug like this?

There are Americans over there committing henious acts in our name with impunity.

Where are all of the "We're a nation of laws" Republicans these days?

This woman deserves justice.

Makes you wonder who the terrorists really are.

ODShowtime
12-13-2007, 07:35 AM

TravelGate 1994.....

Why are you wasting everyone's time with such a moronic, irrelevant post? :confused:

scamper
12-13-2007, 09:28 AM

Rape is an atrocious crime, but I agree with GS, until someone comes forward with proof you can't convict.

Nickdfresh
12-17-2007, 08:23 AM
She was on CNN this AM.

There is physical evidence in accordance with the Army hospital she was taken, a rape kit was made, then it was handed to KBR Security which promptly lost it.

In any case, sounds like she might have a good case for kidnapping...since she wasnt allowed to make any calls and was held in a room. She finally got word out via a cell phone...

LoungeMachine
12-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
She was on CNN this AM.

There is physical evidence in accordance with the Army hospital she was taken, a rape kit was made, then it was handed to KBR Security which promptly lost it.

In any case, sounds like she might have a good case for kidnapping...since she wasnt allowed to make any calls and was held in a room. She finally got word out via a cell phone...

Exactly.

And for the record, Guitar Shark is way off base with his whine.

The thread title says KBR covering up rape claim which they did.

Not KBR covering up rape. They tried to hide even the CLAIM.

This whole thing stinks, and I hope not only the perps, but the company is convicted. :mad: