PDA

View Full Version : light bulb to be phased out

Steve Savicki
12-19-2007, 03:23 PM
http://www.yahoo.com/s/764584
<center>http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ww/news/2007/12/19/bulb.jpg</center>
Look for them in your museum.

LoungeMachine
12-19-2007, 03:40 PM
:rolleyes:

There goes Stevie, on the cutting edge again....

Buggy whips are becoming scarce too.....

I read somewhere that something called a "cell phone" is on it's way.....

:gulp:

Keep up the great work, Steph.

Nitro Express
12-20-2007, 11:14 AM
No they won't. Tungsten lighting will still be used in movie studios and photography studios. You can't de everything with ionized gas lighting and Light emitting diodes.

Some old technologies like sailing ships and steam engines are being looked at to save oil energy. Of course these will use an old concept migled with modern technology.

Steve Savicki
12-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Turn it into politics then:

"Personally I find it amazing how closed minded the politicians can be. Being a breeder of heat and light dependant reptiles, this is going to cost me a small fortune having to turn all my enclosures over to flood bulbs. Reptile heat bulbs are the same as regular household incandescents ... meaning using the household will cost a lot less and do the same job. With this, we won't be able to get the reptile specific or the household, meaning flood lights will be the only way to keep our reptiles warm enough and still provide the light they require... coil bulbs just don't do the job. It's a sad day when the government decides how we have to light our homes!"

Nitro Express
12-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Turn it into politics then:

"Personally I find it amazing how closed minded the politicians can be. Being a breeder of heat and light dependant reptiles, this is going to cost me a small fortune having to turn all my enclosures over to flood bulbs. Reptile heat bulbs are the same as regular household incandescents ... meaning using the household will cost a lot less and do the same job. With this, we won't be able to get the reptile specific or the household, meaning flood lights will be the only way to keep our reptiles warm enough and still provide the light they require... coil bulbs just don't do the job. It's a sad day when the government decides how we have to light our homes!"

It's stupidity. I use flouresant bulbs when they fit the job but they use more energy on startup than a incadecant bulb does. For closet lighting and other applications where a bulb is turned on and off, the regular light bulb is the winner.