PDA

View Full Version : McCain?

steve
12-28-2007, 09:40 AM
I think he might be my favorite candidate at this point....well, besides Biden, who's go no shot in hell.

Why?

Iraq - an unfortunate conflict we never should have stirred up, but one that will just get worse if we withdrawl.

I have major problems with most of the Republican field on this - who would rather use fear as a motivation to stay and the whole "we fight them there so they don't come here" bullshit argument.

And Hillary, Obama, Edwards...probably every Democrat except Kucinich and Crazy Man...aren't much better. If you read through the muck, all of them pretty much believe we can't withdrawal, but like to portray themselves as favoring withdrawing. They all realize the potential disaster scenarios...and they're all smart folks...which means they would NEVER EVER withdrawal, but have read the polls and say what folks want to hear. Biden has been the exception, but like I said, he's go zero chance. VP?? Maybe, but who cares. At least most of the Dems cast their arguments in terms of what's best for Iraqis as opposed to "brown men are 'comin' to get cha!"

Kucinich, God bless him, I think actually believes we could just "withdrawal" if he won, but I think once he got 3 phone books and sat down in that Oval Office chair with a roomfull of political and military experts and the consequences of this action were laid out in detail, he'd change his tune as well. He'd probably do something like retain a large force in Kuwait and offer to "help out" the Iraqis...resulting in a similar level of American involvement in the end.

McCain's primarily cast this in terms of providing stability for the fledgling Iraqi government and has refrained from using "cut and run" phrases, fear, etc as motivators. And he's stayed civil with those that even vehemently disagree with him.

ULTRAMAN VH
12-28-2007, 12:29 PM
Um, how about the issues that are going on right here in the US of A. The guy has absolutely abysmal views and plans for the illegal alien invasion that is in full force as we speak. That issue alone takes him off my list. Actually all the candidates running are pathetic.

Steve Savicki
12-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Actually all the candidates running are pathetic.
So are you going to vote then?

letsrock
12-29-2007, 12:27 AM
I cant say anything bad about McCain. he spent years in the Hanoi Hilton. And refused to leave until all of the prisoners were set free.

Meanwhile Bush and B. Clinton get out of doing there part.

And yes i would of volunteered to go to NAM.