PDA

View Full Version : 28 Degrees!

Douglas T.
01-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Forcast for Orlando tonight!! Who left the fridge door open last night! !%*%#@%$#!! WTF! BrrRRR! :mad:

blonddgirl777
01-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Ho Douglas... STOP COMPLAINING!!!

Tomorow, I will be enduring a - (minus) 18 degrees fahrenheit wich is supposed to feel like - 29 with the wind and humidity factor...

I have to drive my son to day care at 8:00 AM, when the sun has just came up and it's still assripping cold... OUCH!

There will be a long session of shuvling, ice breaking and de-icing before I get to leave (thank God I have a husband for that). I drive a Japanese car so it should start without a cough.

So... Douglas...

Go put on a nice sweatter and a light wind breaker on top, and as you sip your "Sunkiss" pure orange juice... think about me... and cheers (with a mocking laugh)!

It could always be worst...

blonddgirl777
01-02-2008, 08:35 PM
But don't worry, I understand how you feel...
It can be cold as hell here, we are used to it and are expecting it every winter but when I lived in Cali... I couldn't tolerate anything less than 10 degrees f. ...
I didn't move there for that!
I guess... just as you don't live in Florida to wear a tuque, a hooddy and a big scarf?

blonddgirl777
01-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
Who left the fridge door open last night! !%*%#@%$#!! WTF! BrrRRR! :mad:

CANADA! :o

VAN HLN CA
01-02-2008, 08:45 PM
SoCal is about to endure worst stretch of rain in 5 years 6-12+ inches more in hills. All the burn ares are in for major slippage.

Ed best drain his pool.

Dan
01-02-2008, 09:14 PM
It's 38 Degrees In My Pants Right Now.:)

Douglas T.
01-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
But don't worry, I understand how you feel...
It can be cold as hell here, we are used to it and are expecting it every winter but when I lived in Cali... I couldn't tolerate anything less than 10 degrees f. ...
I didn't move there for that!
I guess... just as you don't live in Florida to wear a tuque, a hooddy and a big scarf?

LOL ... my winter avatar finally fits! I had to wear all that in the Arizona desert last month. It was 46 degrees and I was wiggin'! I like the heat ... not a cold person! Only seen snow once! I have never experienced negative degrees. It was really cold this one time in a freezer with a store clerk gal! :D

rustoffa
01-02-2008, 10:27 PM
It's supposed to hit 14 degrees here tomorrow morning. Hopefully, the dipshits across the way will leave their yapping dog out in front of a sprinkler. I hate that fucker...every once in awhile, it runs loose, and just yaps fucking everywhere. Not too long ago, the dude up the street with a well-behaved Mastiff told me that his dog couldn't catch it, and I should let my dog loose on it. I went, "why don't we let both our dogs loose on it @ the same time?....that way, nobody can prove which one of 'em killed it!" He goes, "Zoose can hold his own, don't worry about him." I went, "it'd just be collateral damage...the yapping fucker would get away."

He kinda stared at me for a second, and I told him there was no way in hell I would let my dog loose on anyones dog.

Me= Paragon Of Virtue.
:)

Douglas T.
01-02-2008, 11:33 PM
I brought my shop dog home for the night! :D She'll take some of that action!

NATEDOG001976
01-03-2008, 01:45 AM
Damm pussies!

It was -5 in Minneapolis last night!

lol!

NATEDOG001976
01-03-2008, 01:47 AM
Ho Douglas... STOP COMPLAINING!!!

Tomorow, I will be enduring a - (minus) 18 degrees fahrenheit wich is supposed to feel like - 29 with the wind and humidity factor...

I have to drive my son to day care at 8:00 AM, when the sun has just came up and it's still assripping cold... OUCH!

There will be a long session of shuvling, ice breaking and de-icing before I get to leave (thank God I have a husband for that). I drive a Japanese car so it should start without a cough.

So... Douglas...

Go put on a nice sweatter and a light wind breaker on top, and as you sip your "Sunkiss" pure orange juice... think about me... and cheers (with a mocking laugh)!

It could always be worst...

Ya, you just grin and bear it!

Anything under 15 degree's and it bugs me pesonally.

blonddgirl777
01-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
Ya, you just grin and bear it!

Anything under 15 degree's and it bugs me pesonally.

I don't just grin, I complain and swear out loud!

Check out this local prevision chart; http://www.meteomedia.com/weather/CAQC0363.htm

I've seen worst but the winter is not over so... :o

m_dixon1984
01-03-2008, 01:40 PM
My car's ignition was frozen this morning. It got stuck in the accessories position so I had to disconnect my battery before bussing it in to the office.

I've got 6ft snow banks on both sides of my driveway.

-25C overnight last night. Mostly the same for tonight.

Bring on the January thaw!!!! (we'll see 7-10 days of above 0 temps starting this weekend, Blonddgirl).

M

blonddgirl777
01-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by m_dixon1984
... Bring on the January thaw!!!! (we'll see 7-10 days of above 0 temps starting this weekend, Blonddgirl).

M

"January thaw"...???
Where that?
In MTL, we get the thaw (and the melting) in March only!

With the amount of snow we had this year, it will end melting in July!

:o

I never understood the big temperature gap between Québec city, Montrél, Toronto and Ottawa... positioned on the map they're pretty much at the same level but as far as temperature goes... it sucks to be here!

WACF
01-03-2008, 02:49 PM
LOL

I do not feel sorry for any of you....and I despise the cold.

I had the pleasure of -28C(-18F) the other night...today it is -4C...not so bad.

blonddgirl777
01-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by WACF
LOL

I do not feel sorry for any of you....and I despise the cold.

I had the pleasure of -28C(-18F) the other night...today it is -4C...not so bad.

So I assume you don't feel bad for the southerners either?
Poor Doug (L.O.L.)... he has cought the wrong bunch to get simpathy from!

Kanucks; Made in Canada, for strenght and durability! :D

NATEDOG001976
01-03-2008, 05:30 PM
I think Calgary has about the same winters as Minneapolis.

blonddgirl777
01-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Calgary is very dry in the summer so I assume that it is also in the winter...

The humidity factor makes everything worst. Up north, it is a lot colder in degrees but because it's not nearly as humid as it is here, they don't feel like a 6 pack of beer!

Terry
01-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Will tell you what though -

Grew up in New England, didn't move down to Florida until I was in my thirties, and the first few "winters" I was down here, I kinda laughed at all the native Floridians who were complaining about the temp whenever it dipped just below 50.

However, you stay down here long enough, you do get pussified. When you're dealing with temps in the 80s and 90s for 9 months out of the year and the 70s and 60s for 2 months out of the year, when it finally DOES get to the fifties and forties, you freeze worse than if you're acclimated to it.

And temps in the 20s down here? It's unheard of.

I'm with ya, DT, cuz I was hella freezin' today! (NO offense toward our fine Canadian friends).

blonddgirl777
01-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Terry
... However, you stay down here long enough, you do get pussified...

Psychologically as well as physically...

Douglas T.
01-03-2008, 11:25 PM
So I assume you don't feel bad for the southerners either?
Poor Doug (L.O.L.)... he has cought the wrong bunch to get simpathy from!

Kanucks; Made in Canada, for strenght and durability! :D

I ain't lookin' for sympathy ... I was just startin' a thread pokin' fun at you folks that are truly freezing your asses off!!! Good luck with that! :D

Douglas T.
01-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
Damm pussies!

Hey!! +98 degrees in December is no cake walk ya know!

NATEDOG001976
01-04-2008, 01:10 AM
Hey!! +98 degrees in December is no cake walk ya know! [/QUOTE[QUOTE]Originally posted by Douglas T.
Hey!! +98 degrees in December is no cake walk ya know!

Minneapolis is known for cold as fuck winters, and hot and humid summers. Some of each....Nice place to live though!

NATEDOG001976
01-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Psychologically as well as physically...

Haaa!

WACF
01-04-2008, 02:52 AM
I ain't lookin' for sympathy ... I was just startin' a thread pokin' fun at you folks that are truly freezing your asses off!!! Good luck with that! :D

Thanks for the poke...LOL

As always with the Army it is all in good fun...I would love the chance to come down there and be cold with ya...I'll be the guy in shorts sipping a brew.